Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick (48833 Views)

Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring / FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen / Labour Leaders Risk 6-month Jail Term Over NLC Strike —FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by DONSMITH123(m): 8:38am On May 17, 2016
Indications have emerged why the talks between the Nigerian government and the leaders of organised labour hit the rocks Monday night.
The federal government had announced the deregulation of the petroleum downstream, a development that has jerked up the price of Premium Motor Spirit, otherwise known as fuel from N86 to N145 per litre.

Following the development, labour leaders threatened to embark on nationwide strike if the price was not reversed within 96 hours.
In a bid to stop the strike action, the government called for a dialogue with the workforce Monday.

A competent insider hinted DAILY POST that the federal government during the meeting with the Ayuba Wabba-led NLC proposed N120 per litre but labour rejected, describing it as outrageous.

According to him, the presidency said the best they could do was to reduce the pump price by N25, in consideration of the outcries by Nigerians.

“That was why the meeting ended in deadlock. FG proposed N120 per litre but the NLC insisted of total reversal to the old price, which is N86 per litre.

“They were not ready to accept the outrageous proposal.

“The outcome of the meeting with the Joe Ajaero-led group would determine the next line of action,” the source who would not want his name mentioned said.

However, efforts to reach the NLC General Secretary, Peter Ozo-Esun for confirmation could not yield any fruit at the time of this report.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/17/labour-leaders-kick-as-fg-proposes-n120-per-litre/

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by madridguy(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2016
Say No to Strike

Say YES to Salary Increment.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by awomike4u(m): 8:42am On May 17, 2016
Why are they suffering Nigerians?.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by talktonase(m): 8:43am On May 17, 2016
This NLC had better take this offer before FG go change their mind...

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by omenka(m): 8:44am On May 17, 2016
This isn't right.

Let me bare an unbiased opinion about this since it appears the wailers are simply too dumb to engage on in any constructive and intelligent argument- all I've been hearing are insults and "apologise to Jonathan".

No Wailer has been able to ask one a very IMPORTANT question regarding one VERY OBVIOUS ANOMALY surrounding this whole "subsidy removal/deregulation" stuff, and that question is: if the government had earlier claimed that they subsidise petrol by about N17 per litre, then why on earth isn't fuel selling for approximately N103 per litre ( ie 86+17) as against N145 or the N120 allegedly being proposed now??

Wailers, make una try get small sense so una go fit put us, and perhaps, the government, on our toes. Throwing insults around and getting tens of likes wouldn't get you lot anywhere.

Government needs to tell us why it is 145 and not 103.

159 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by cktheluckyman: 8:45am On May 17, 2016
omenka:
This isn't right.
I feel like giving you a slap!

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by DONSMITH123(m): 8:47am On May 17, 2016
abeg pity am cheesy cheesy
cktheluckyman:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by TheNonce: 8:47am On May 17, 2016
grin

NLC kenan!

"When you hear the kick?"

***in don jazzy's voice***

3 Likes

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by Nobody: 8:47am On May 17, 2016
I believe in Buhari. He meant good for this country... Carry me dey go, Buhari carry me dey go dey go dey go . . . .

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by Kx: 8:50am On May 17, 2016
Seems 112.50 is the destination.

I see govt shifting ground knowing too well that it would be cheaper to "supplement" the difference in pms price than bear the huge wage burden of increased minimum wage over N18k

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by OsusuMustFlow(f): 8:52am On May 17, 2016
Labour beta accept this offer
Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by OsusuMustFlow(f): 8:52am On May 17, 2016
abi

talktonase:
This NLC had better take this offer before FG go change their mind...
Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by hazyfm: 8:53am On May 17, 2016
I think this is fair enough, 145 is a No No No
Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by hazyfm: 8:54am On May 17, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Forgive and forget, I also felt like punching him

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by stephnie1(f): 8:54am On May 17, 2016
Better than 145
Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by stephnie1(f): 8:55am On May 17, 2016
been paying double of my transport to work since that hike. We are suffering.

awomike4u:
Why are they suffering Nigerians?.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by stephnie1(f): 8:55am On May 17, 2016
grin grin

cktheluckyman:

1 Like

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by iflywithbuhari(f): 8:57am On May 17, 2016
so this is the true price that the FG wants. Kachikwu your village people are waiting for you

3 Likes

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by enny09: 8:57am On May 17, 2016
NLC should not accept any increase in PMS price.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by omenka(m): 8:58am On May 17, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Your obsession is very disturbing. Hope all is well with you wherever you are. It is such a damn shame and pity I cant help you. smiley

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by modath(f): 8:58am On May 17, 2016
modelmike7:
I believe in Buhari. He meant good for this country... Carry me dey go, Buhari carry me dey go dey go dey go . . . .

Common man!!!!! what are you even sayingsad sad sad

Either the government removes their hand completely , stop funding corruption , let the price stay and proffer ways to ease the pressure off the people or revert to the 'cabal" friendly 87 naira... 120naira? no bueno...

However i don't believe this story anyway....

11 Likes

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by stephnie1(f): 8:59am On May 17, 2016
you wan kill am?
iflywithbuhari:
so this is the true price that the FG wants. Kachikwu your village people are waiting for you
Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by idupaul: 9:00am On May 17, 2016
We don't want 120 naira a litre then later someone will tell us there is still subsidy. .let them leave it at 145 a litre ooo

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by VLadipo: 9:00am On May 17, 2016
omenka:
This isn't right.

Let me bare an unbiased opinion about this since it appears the wailers are simply too dumb to engage on in any constructive and intelligent argument- all I've been hearing are insults and "apologise to Jonathan".

No Wailer has been able to ask one a very IMPORTANT question regarding one VERY OBVIOUS ANOMALY surrounding this whole "subsidy removal/deregulation" stuff, and that question is: if the government had earlier claimed that they subsidise petrol by about N17 per litre, then why on earth isn't fuel selling for approximately N103 per litre ( ie 86+17) as against N145 or the N120 allegedly being proposed now??

Wailers, make una try get small sense so una go fit put us, and perhaps, the government, on our toes. Throwing insults around and getting tens of likes wouldn't get you lot anywhere.

The rate used to draw the N86.5 pump price is the official exchange rate(N199/$1) while the rate used to draw the N145.0 pricing is the parallel market exchange rate(N320/$1).
Got it?
What some Nigerians are clamouring for now is the removal of NIMASA, landind cost charges etc to lower the pump price.
Chikena!

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by awomike4u(m): 9:01am On May 17, 2016
You've gat to endure dear. Nigeria go better

1 Like

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by SweetLove0(f): 9:02am On May 17, 2016
Labour should please keep quiet. Are they on our side? Labour has be compromise. Simple.

1 Like

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by SweetLove0(f): 9:02am On May 17, 2016
I concur.

idupaul:
We don't want 120 naira a litre then later someone will tell us there is still subsidy. .let them leave it at 145 a litre ooo

3 Likes

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by Nobody: 9:03am On May 17, 2016
modath:

Common man!!!!! what are you even sayingsad sad sad

Either the government removes their hand completely , stop funding corruption , let the price stay and proffer ways to ease the pressure off the people or revert to the 'cabal" friendly 87 naira... 120naira? no bueno...

However i don't believe this story anyway....
. . . . I do not believe the story also tho, but i don't understand the 'funding corruption' you are talking about Modath. All I know is that PMB is the right person to take this nation to the promised land. So help him God.

1 Like

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by omenka(m): 9:03am On May 17, 2016
VLadipo:

The rate used to draw the N86.5 pump price is the official exchange rate(N199/$1) while the rate used to draw the N145.0 pricing is the parallel market exchange rate(N320/$1).
Got it?
What some Nigerians are clamouring for now is the removal of NIMASA, landind cost charges etc to lower the pump price.
Chikena!
I'd do the maths and get back to you. wink

Edit:

Just did my little multiplication and saw that even going by the parallel market rate of $320, the cost should have been N138 per litre as opposed to 145. So where did the extra N7 come from? grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by ajepako(f): 9:05am On May 17, 2016
Not good at 120 but better than 145

I am cool with it as long as it eliminates the long queues and its availability is assured..

Lets see if they both shift grounds..

#lFARTWITHBUHARI#..

grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by ogawisdom(m): 9:09am On May 17, 2016
100 a liter at most or strike simple angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick by tuniski: 9:14am On May 17, 2016
omenka:
This isn't right.

U are slow this has been repeatedly asked. 12.98k was the reported subsidy that should make the pump price About 100naira! Go and get the official response from the opposition.

The opposition is patriotic not petty like apc then!

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Narrowly Wins Edo State With 7849 Votes / Yul Edochie, Zark Orji, Benedict Johnson In Court To Support Tinubu / Aisha Yesufu: What Peter Obi Does After Every Public Outing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.