Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,969 members, 7,845,131 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Saraki, Orji Kalu, Lamido Sanusi, Others Celebrate US Independence In Abuja.pics - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki, Orji Kalu, Lamido Sanusi, Others Celebrate US Independence In Abuja.pics (39115 Views)

Soldiers Celebrate Independence In Borno On Streets Of Maiduguri / "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others / #lnternationalWomen'sDay: Monica Ugwuanyi, Nneze Richards, Others Celebrate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki, Orji Kalu, Lamido Sanusi, Others Celebrate US Independence In Abuja.pics by ariyibioladokun: 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
Abba999:

Plz, pardon me, I'll like u to ask me here.
its not about this thread, its about your post about the people r born and get attracted to both sex. Thanks
Re: Saraki, Orji Kalu, Lamido Sanusi, Others Celebrate US Independence In Abuja.pics by Abba999(f): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
ariyibioladokun:
its not about this thread, its about your post about the people r born and get attracted to both sex. Thanks

Ok, my friend will pm u. Hope u don't mind.
Re: Saraki, Orji Kalu, Lamido Sanusi, Others Celebrate US Independence In Abuja.pics by ariyibioladokun: 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
Abba999:

Ok, my friend will pm u. Hope u don't mind.
No I don't still waiting for your pm
Re: Saraki, Orji Kalu, Lamido Sanusi, Others Celebrate US Independence In Abuja.pics by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
anonimi:

How do you think the bold situation can change?

What do the people have to do so our politicians care about us the same way those US politicians do not joke with their own people?

Thanks.
That's a million dollar question! Before I start, you should know I'm neither pro-APC nor pro-PDP, and I don't support politicians based on their tribes, ethnic background or religious affiliations. Having said that, the solutions I would proffer to this quagmire are in two bases: short-term and long-term bases.

Short-term solutions-
Firstly, the Nigerian populace should always always hold the elected politicians accountable and ensure they fulfill the promises made during campaigns. In this connection, the social media are a powerful tool, as could be observed in the last elections; social media like Nairaland,Facebook and Twitter were imperatively important to the victory APC had in most of the polls. If we, the masses, can pressurize these officials using the aforementioned means, we'll experience some positive changes in the country.

Secondly, during campaigns, the electorates should not support any aspiring politicians based on prejudices like ethnic group, religion, tribe, etc. And furthermore, the electorates should not allow unwarranted distribution of gifts by these politicians. By so doing, we can ensure only the crop of politicians, who really care about the citizenry and have the love of Nigeria at heart, become elected for posts. Let me stop here for now and discuss the long-term solutions.

To be realistic, the solutions listed above cannot change our situations in the country for better in a decisive manner. I said this because the problems we face, in this nation, are really serious and endemic. Take for example the issue of corruption; almost all Nigerians are corrupt- young and old. When you hold discussions on Nigeria politics with some people, and in the process these people abuse our leaders that they are corrupt, then when you further the discussion they opine that if they also had the opportunity to be part of the government, they would also embezzle funds. Then how are these Nigerians different from the politicians they criticize? So many things are wrong with the country, nothing is working!

So, in order to make our leaders care about us, I think revolution is the way forward. Without revolution, Nigeria may never really be great.
We need a major overturn in our polity, the brand of democracy we practise in this nation is unique and peculiar to us; at the surface our system of government is a representative one, but if we take a closer and deeper look, we see that it's more of oligarchy: only the few Nigerians who run the government benefit immensely from the vast national resources at the detriment of the masses.

Several nations we now refer to and aspire to be like today had experienced revolutions at one time or the other; we have the Russian Revolutions in 1917, the China Revolution of the 17th century, the American Revolution of the 18th century, and most importantly the French Revolution(1789-1799) which had influenced so many other attempts at revolution in Europe and other countries. Revolution is a big deal for any nation! And I think it (revolution) is the way forward for this country to achieve greatness.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Saraki, Orji Kalu, Lamido Sanusi, Others Celebrate US Independence In Abuja.pics by Superman11(m): 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
mensdept:

Thats Nigeria for you, with state funds to match. Criminals walking around freely after doing nothing in office. Do you hear laughter? The same laughter from Queen Elizabeth and the EUROPEAN world that put you guys together, gave you your identity, and is making billions off of you for upholding that identity and boundary and everything else associated with it? God Bless America and SAI BUHARI the coupist lol

for Cjrane2 i would believe that you know very little about your history about America as she associates with the world..
People who exploit and devalue our way of life. Are those the people we should be celebrating ?
Re: Saraki, Orji Kalu, Lamido Sanusi, Others Celebrate US Independence In Abuja.pics by free13: 11:55am On Jul 06, 2015
Naija ....... lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party / Buhari And A Friend Before Joining Army (Photo) / 2015 Prophecy: APC Will Take Over —Cardinal Odunmbaku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.