Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? (2509 Views)

It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? / God And His Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by pBuhari(f): 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
Lex11:
GOD made all things, including the natural ingredients from which medicines are manufactured. What's wrong with pursuing both medicine and the Holy One who supernaturally answers prayer? They are inextricably linked!

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." -John 1:3

"Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the Lord." - 2 Kings 20:5

GOD is The Healer (Exodus 15:26, Deut 32:39, Psalm 103:3... etc).

Thank you for your contribution
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by pBuhari(f): 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
ekay39:
My humble opinion:

As christians, everybody is dealt with "the measure of faith" (as written in galatians). If you have been able to build your measure of faith to receive direct healing( through prayers, confessions and all) from GOD, no problems. If your own measure of faith is to use drugs, and you see GOD using those drugs to heal you, no problems too. I believe we are in a faith dispensation.

Don't forget, before david could face goliath he had already killed the bear and the lion. So when he faced goliath, he was able to draw strength from those experiences to defeat goliath. In essence, if your measure of faith now is to fight bear and lions, do it. There would come a time where u will be able to draw strength from those experiences and kill goliath. I don't want to write to a long post.

Just my humble opinion

Thank for the contribution
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goodyshoes:

I'm good...
Being of high spiritual importance, does not make it a substitute for drugs.....
I do not know of anyone who has been cured by taking communion, i dont know how its spiritual importance, translates to healing/health.....

Everyone has different levels of faith , and beliefs of how God works . He saw its spiritual importance and made use of it . For his case its divine healing and divine health . If you believe God works using drugs its fine .
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by pBuhari(f): 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goodyshoes:

Seems I'd have to address this issue explicitly...
Now, understand this, AIDS is caused by HIV, am pretty sure you know that....
Except if you didnt get the full story, As of today's conventional medical knowledge, AIDS is a manageable condition, not permanently curable.... If there has been a case, a single case.... Of permanent cure, it would have been published in peer reviewed scientific papers..... If you happen to know anyone who has HIV/AIDS, kindly advice him to come to the hospital, and not to pay repeated visits to prayer houses.....
You have to understand one thing here, there are physical laws on which these diseases are based, and this would then require physical drugs to treat, not some prayers and similar sruff.....

AIDS has not been treated by prayers, I stand to be corrected on that.....
I further ask you to kindly furnish us with details on the cured HIV/AIDS ..... I hope you understand what youre implying here....

CAVEAT
I'm a christian..... But i understand the place of medical treatment

ARe u saying that AIDS has not been cured/healed through prayers in anyway before?
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by pBuhari(f): 5:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
I expected this thread to make FRONT PAGE because of its educating essence.
Moderator Plzzzzzzz
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Goodyshoes(m): 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
pBuhari:

ARe u saying that AIDS has not been cured/healed through prayers in anyway before?
There has not been any proven case of such.....
I do not subscribe to notions of that nature.....
Kindly tell us,if you know any....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Know About How God Sees You, Pt 1 - Jack Kelley / Does Ramadan Prove Muhmmad Is A Fraud? / Christian “apostle” Does Damage Control After Release Of Deposition Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.