Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Only Board Can Sack Me Not The President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Board Can Sack Me Not The President (1417 Views)

Adamu Seeks Waiver For Islamic Board: CAN, Labour, Rights Activist Kick / How PDP Can Sack APC – Ken Nnamani / No Court Can Sack AIG Mbu, Judge Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Board Can Sack Me Not The President by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2015
I just came across this online. I think PMB should investigate the company, won't be surprised if some shady deals are hurriedly being signed off post the handover.

…Only Board Can Sack Me – Wonodi

Political and industry bigwigs are mounting pressure on President Goodluck Jonathan to sack, with immediate effect, the Chief Executive Officer of Electricity Bulk Purchasing Trading Company, Mr. Rumundaka Wonodi, following allegations that he teamed up with disgraced Minister of Power, Mr. Barth Nnaji, to compromised the country’s power privatisation project.

The pressure on Mr. Jonathan according to a top Presidency source followed the petition written by Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mr. Bamanga Tukur, claiming that Mr. Wonodi, was a staff of Nnaji’s company, Geometrics and also for the roles he played in promoting” hurriedly-put-together projects with personal interest for the Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)”.

The PDP chairman in the petition had urged Mr. Jonathan to “reconstitute the management of the Bulk Trading Company,” to enable his administration meet the power needs of Nigerians.

“Mr. Wonodi should be fired without any further delay because he is neck deep in this power privatisation mess that led to Nnaji’s sack. He must go with immediate effect so that a new team can come on board to look at the power issue objectively,” the Presidency source said.

The source stated further[b] “all that he and his former principal did are unethical and therefore he must not be allowed to stay a day longer in office”.[/b]

In a brief telephone interview with FrontiersNews, on Monday, September 10, 2012, Mr. Wonodi said he could not comment on the call for his removal from office because he is only answerable to the board and needed the board’s approval before saying anything.

According to him “It is something beyond me. There is a board and it is the board that supervises what we do. I am sorry I cannot say more”.

Mr. Jonathan had in August 2011 constituted a nine-man board of the Nigeria Bulk Electricity Trading Plc with a charge to shore up the revenue base of electricity distribution companies in the country.

The president at the inauguration said prior to the setting up of the board, distribution companies have found it difficult to pay for power supplied to them by generation companies noting that this development had made it difficult for investors to invest in the sector.

Members of the board included the disgraced power minister, Mr. Wonodi, Ms. Bola Onogoruwa, Director General, Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), Mr. Abdulganiyu Umar, CEO, Abuja District Company, Mr. Mohammed Kumalia, Mr. Haruna Mohammed and Mr. Paul Usoro.

http://www.frontiersnews.com/NG/?p=2118
Re: Only Board Can Sack Me Not The President by donholy28(m): 11:45am On Jul 05, 2015
wetin concern me? wetin I know be make make una give me light
Re: Only Board Can Sack Me Not The President by Cutehector(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2015
Wat kind of expired news is this.. Am sure buhari has already sacked d man already
Re: Only Board Can Sack Me Not The President by zik4ever: 11:58am On Jul 05, 2015
He should be fired and replaced with a competent and incorruptible Northerner?
Re: Only Board Can Sack Me Not The President by MissJones: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
zik4ever:
He should be fired and replaced with a competent and incorruptible Northerner?

Don't mind the Op, they are plotting another plan to remove ndigbo. It won't work!

(1) (Reply)

This Question Is For The South South Folks / Bokoharam: Buhari Never Promised To Do Magic -APC / US Exporting Arms To Nigeria Despite Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.