Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android (37646 Views)

Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... / 4 Reasons Why You Should Pick Iphone Over Android / New Study Shines Light On One Of The Iphone’s Biggest Advantages Over Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by RingimKabir(m): 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
MztrChukwu:
Scrolling thru the comments wiv my passport.

#TeamBB10

Same with my Q10

#TeamBB10

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Ezemann(m): 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by sleekman(m): 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
MaxNaija:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-uqq7hvKBuo8/VZfANP4m7II/AAAAAAAACb8/vNhcmxaP8Bg/s320/blackberry-z10-vs-android-n.jpg[/img]

Here are 5 reasons why the Blackberry 10 smartphone is seen as a better option over the android smartphone.

1. Multitasking: On Blackberry 10, any app can be instantly minimized with the swipe up gesture and is then accessible as a small file on a separate screen.

2. BlackBerry Hub: The Blackberry 10 has a dedicated hub that unites all your text messages, IMs, emails, social network feeds, call records, etc., in one centralized place, thereby making it easy to get all your notifications in order, read, and respond how you want.

3. Search: In BB 10 OS, you don’t have to open up a dedicated search apps, just start typing your desired term from the home screen and the search window opens up automatically.

4. Notifications: On BB OS 10, all new incoming messages and notifications are shown momentarily. This works with all apps including games. Android provides the same functionality, but they don’t work well with all apps. The blackberry 10 has a better notification access than its android counterpart.

5. Security: With Android phones, if you forgot your password all you need do is to get the phone flashed to bypass the security lockscreen. The same can’t be done on BB OS 10. The blackberry 10 OS is more secured than the android OS. Since the android OS is an open source, it can be easily tweaked or customised, making prone to virus and easy to hack.

If you know other things BB OS 10 does better than Android, please let us know in the comment section below.

Source: http://www.maxnaija.com/2015/07/5-reasons-why-you-should-choose.html
this is ignorance at its peak. Bb10 and android are both linux platforms. U can run android apps on BB10. They both are on level 4 security and are both based on open source linux. Bb10 is based on QT while android is a tweak of debian and suse linux. As long as ur Fone has a camera and GPS then its less secure.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by nathbag(m): 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
Whoa, android surpass all that except security of password
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by bigerboy200: 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
tinuolababy:

On BlackBerry 10? Pls what's d code?

Yeah.. Send "Comonth" to 777
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by akpumping7720(m): 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
tinuolababy:
Nicey. Still love my BlackBerry 10 even though I have other phones
Ehehehehehehen.... Tell me something! Gbogbo bigz girl. I wan be like u when I grow up ooooooooo!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Elxandre(m): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
ollah1:

Everyday reasons a particular OS is better than Android surfaces but without meaningful reasons

1. Every OS handles its multitasking approach differently. On Droids, push down the center button to view recent apps or click on the on screen button to view them. Op never included opened apps to be 8 apps maximum and phones like Z3 can't open more than 4 apps at a go

2. BB hub works perfectly but it's only for optimised apps hence not alll applications deliver notifications in the hub. Droid has a notification center for this same purpose.

3. Droids has a Google search widget on the home screen to aid search locally or through the Web. On touchwiz, u can easily swipe down and use S finder to search locally

4. Same thing with hub

5. Bb10 is the most secured OS but you didn't define your security well. Going by your approach, there are diff methods of unlocking your phone if you forget your password without flashing but not that on bb10 if you incorrectly enter your password 10 times, you will be need to input your backup password which if you don't know will end up erasing your phone back to factory settings

All OS's are prone to virus and hacks. Windows and bb10 is yet to witness this because it's market share is 0. Hackers cant waste their time om nothing. iOS hacks increases by the day

Waiting for the windows fans to write theirs too and maybe Jolla, sailfish and symbian fans
While every device is subject to vulnerability, there are still boundaries.

Don't kid yourself, if an OS maker doesn't want you to root/jailbreak it's device, you'll find it terribly difficult.
Windows Phone still stands as almost unhackable!
Visit XDA, you'll see some of the best geeks can't really mess with WP OS as they have with Android.

Even if a phone has low market shares, it doesn't stop these geeks from trying out these guys from seeking another conquest.

Before you mention iOS, Apple left their OS prone to jailbreak intentionally to increase market share.

A good example is blackberry, BBOS was the most secure for years despite it being a big player for years.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by tinuolababy(f): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
akpumping7720:

Ehehehehehehen.... Tell me something! Gbogbo bigz girl. I wan be like u when I grow up ooooooooo!!!

Lol cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by tinuolababy(f): 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
bigerboy200:

Yeah.. Send "Comonth" to 777

Really okay I wl try it
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
sleekman:
this is ignorance at its peak. Bb10 and android are both linux platforms. U can run android apps on BB10. They both are on level 4 security and are both based on open source linux. Bb10 is based on QT while android is a tweak of debian and suse linux. As long as ur Fone has a camera and GPS then its less secure.

lmao!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by RapLawd(m): 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nonsense!!!

Bring your bb 10 whatever and see how I'll hack the hell out of it...

Android platform remains the best and the most selling smartphone in the world!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Viktor1983(m): 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
butanep:
You used normal BlackBerry. The BlackBerry 10 runs the andriod os too. You cam download any Andriod app except for some games.

I used bb10. those apps are made for droids. yea some of em work well, most of them don't .
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Kfed4ril(m): 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
keandre:

Cheapest data cost : 3gb data free, jus get an mtn sim for N50,ohh I love my Android
pls help me wit the cheat codes.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by afolwalex20(m): 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
MuhdG:

Am patiently waiting for venice

What's Venice?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by afolwalex20(m): 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
Right now Blackberry highest sales is from Nigeria. People around the world have face out BB.
Now is either iphone (OS) or android. Android is taking the lead now, in everything.
The world cannot be wrong
BB is Nigeria thing

Pure lie!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
MaxNaija:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-uqq7hvKBuo8/VZfANP4m7II/AAAAAAAACb8/vNhcmxaP8Bg/s320/blackberry-z10-vs-android-n.jpg[/img]

Here are 5 reasons why the Blackberry 10 smartphone is seen as a better option over the android smartphone.

1. Multitasking: On Blackberry 10, any app can be instantly minimized with the swipe up gesture and is then accessible as a small file on a separate screen.

2. BlackBerry Hub: The Blackberry 10 has a dedicated hub that unites all your text messages, IMs, emails, social network feeds, call records, etc., in one centralized place, thereby making it easy to get all your notifications in order, read, and respond how you want.

3. Search: In BB 10 OS, you don’t have to open up a dedicated search apps, just start typing your desired term from the home screen and the search window opens up automatically.

4. Notifications: On BB OS 10, all new incoming messages and notifications are shown momentarily. This works with all apps including games. Android provides the same functionality, but they don’t work well with all apps. The blackberry 10 has a better notification access than its android counterpart.

5. Security: With Android phones, if you forgot your password all you need do is to get the phone flashed to bypass the security lockscreen. The same can’t be done on BB OS 10. The blackberry 10 OS is more secured than the android OS. Since the android OS is an open source, it can be easily tweaked or customised, making prone to virus and easy to hack.

If you know other things BB OS 10 does better than Android, please let us know in the comment section below.

Source: http://www.maxnaija.com/2015/07/5-reasons-why-you-should-choose.html
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by opedaydydx9(m): 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
one word for op, it is dumb... I considered u as a "IT"
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by butanep(m): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goodnuel:
Bro, I use a Z10 too.. I have two power banks too but I don't use them much cos the light has improved a lot where I stay but what you said about the Z10 battery isn't true sha.. BlackBerry 10 batteries are better than the others but they don't last like you are saying.
i don't use Z10. I use Q5... ask anyone using Q5. the battery is cool...

My friend using Z10 envy the way my battery last... I guess Q5 batteries is better off than Z10
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by GLOBALINF: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
tinuolababy:

On BlackBerry 10? Pls what's d code?

Just type comonth to 777. It's just 1k for 3gig, that's what I use and it's economical
Besides I just on my hotspot and use my iPad and laptop on same data! It's the best
I always budget 2k per month for 6gig and believe me it's far better and economical.

Meanwhile, for those who wish to study abroad or even here in Nigeria on part-time
, just check below... Thanks

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by afolwalex20(m): 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
dotyoung:
blackberry 10 is too fragile. It was a single drop from the top of a table that destroy the upper screen of my friend's own... Unlike android that works smoothly even after severe cracks...

Haba!!! My z10 has a soft spot 4 ground!!!
It has fallen down more than 20 times since I bought it n it's still intact

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by fathomberry: 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
I was going to say something, but Nigerians most especially are so attached to anything that seems trendy that they forget about value and other important I.T stuff.

I remember when people condemned Tecno, now it's practically in every Nigerians collection of gadgets. lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by tinuolababy(f): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
GLOBALINF:

Just type comonth to 777. It's just 1k for 3gig, that's what I use and it's economical
Besides I just on my hotspot and use my iPad and laptop on same data! It's the best
I always budget 2k per month for 6gig and believe me it's far better and economical.

Meanwhile, for those who wish to study abroad or even here in Nigeria on part-time

Pls how do u connect to ur ipad through hotspot?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by fathomberry: 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
afolwalex20:

What's Venice?

The next BlackBerry device to be released soon

It will be running on android OS.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by DanielPop(m): 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
What can i say about my BlackBerry Passport? Vex Fone. Yes o! My much cherished z10 slept and refused to wake up again. I vex buy passport. I am glad i did! Now female bankers i encounter exhibit excellent customer service when they see me. grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
seen.. oya give me money make I buy the BB 10 na undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
Elxandre:

While every device is subject to vulnerability, there are still boundaries.

Don't kid yourself, if an OS maker doesn't want you to root/jailbreak it's device, you'll find it terribly difficult.
Windows Phone still stands as almost unhackable!
Visit XDA, you'll see some of the best geeks can't really mess with WP OS as they have with Android.

Even if a phone has low market shares, it doesn't stop these geeks from trying out these guys from seeking another conquest.

Before you mention iOS, Apple left their OS prone to jailbreak intentionally to increase market share.

A good example is blackberry, BBOS was the most secure for years despite it being a big player for years.

I understand you perfectly bro but don't you are still wrong. Apple didn't their iOS hackable easily becomes it makes the phone more vulnerable. If iOS phone gets hacked regardless of it being jailbroken or not, the headline would read iPhone iPad is opened to threats and loss of data. Furthermore, icloud was hacked sometime ago. You can't also say Apple made it very possible to happen

Regarding the windows thing, XDA geeks might not have succeeded in hacking in doesn't mean another hacker elsewhere in the world wouldn't be able to. Mac OS wasn't "hackable" for years but when it started gaining martet share it became vulnerable.

BBOS wasn't really a smartphone. It was just an advanced internet enabled calculator

The bottom line about this is hackers don't just waste their precious time on something not worth it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Damolux01(m): 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
GLOBALINF:

Can MTN BIS work on Z10 too?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by AleAirHub(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
it is just the security that cut my attention... But devices rock well if only you use them for some resource able.

Bravo......
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by leo1234(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
keandre:

Cheapest data cost : 3gb data free, jus get an mtn sim for N50,ohh I love my Android
Please how do I get free 3gb on mtn?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by rawe45: 10:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ojeremi:
also
Cheap data cost: 3gig data for just #1000...I love my Z10, the best fone I ever used...my closest companion.

3gb data for 1k? what network?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Fiilosofer(m): 12:12am On Jul 06, 2015
Someone should get this OP an android phone. ..

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by LOUIS6(m): 12:50am On Jul 06, 2015
pinkishgal:
pls what is d code for Bb10 subscription

Search for a guy called "Furetin" on Nairaland

He sells very cheap data

Am using a BlackBerry Z3... and I have been buying data subscription from him..

Cc Furetin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Know If Your Samsung Galaxy Phone Is Genuine Or Fake / Guy Wins Etisalat Dance Challenge, Gets Brand New Car, Phone, Airtime For 1 Year / Gionee Marathon M6 - Nairaland Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.