Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (691623 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Afoskalex(m): 11:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
Op thank you
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by stlaibrowne(m): 11:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
ceejay80s:
The most important thing u should know is when u are buying a battery, buy original and brand new, fake batteries plenty for market, I only know of one person in computer village that sells original valve regulated and deep cycle batteries but his batteries are expensive, I bought a 12v 18ah battery from him for 5k, whereas I bought 12v 40ah for 6k at oshodi (note: some oshodi people dey sell fake too o).
As I was saying the battery is the most important because it determines the length strength followed by the charger, don't buy local made chargers for this purpose or charger that are not smart and automatic.

This a great job you have done but it will fine if you can state step by step how connect A to B that way any person that physics is strange to could get the configuration easily with no mistake. Please try to do that explain it step by step and also how do you charge your battery when there's no more energy in it.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sukkot: 11:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
ceejay. advice for you. as a side hustle, all these people here who want this set-up and dont have the electrical expertise to put it together, i suggest you collect all their numbers and then charge them and go and set it up for them in their house. this is a good business plan. trust me bro. the 200 numbers you collect here ? those 200 people have friends and relatives, and then they have friends and relatives too. before you know it you will have 10,000 clientele. before you know it you will be linda ikejis neigbor in banana island

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by israelpalatoe(m): 11:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
ceejay80s:
The most important thing u should know is when u are buying a battery, buy original and brand new, fake batteries plenty for market, I only know of one person in computer village that sells original valve regulated and deep cycle batteries but his batteries are expensive, I bought a 12v 18ah battery from him for 5k, whereas I bought 12v 40ah for 6k at oshodi (note: some oshodi people dey sell fake too o).
As I was saying the battery is the most important because it determines the length strength followed by the charger, don't buy local made chargers for this purpose or charger that are not smart and automatic.

I guess you have not met a real designer and programmer.
Please research well before you generalize your assumption.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mekussa(m): 11:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
welldone bro,your own no go loss....
was wondering sha...about the battery,MUST IT BE 12v 40ah? i ask because i have a 12v 200ah battery already.also if i am to use the battery i have,can i still connect it through the ups?(considering the size of the battery).thanks....pesin way say your water no go boil....make darkness thief im stove and kettle

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by johnnobles: 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
Bros I need am o. How much u go take do am for me
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mzgboy: 11:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
can i use car battery to power the ups?
if yes, how many hours will it power 5 white bulbs
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by stlaibrowne(m): 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
ceejay80s:

Yes it will power lcd and led TVs, Its easy, all u need is a small ups ( the one that uses only one battery), a battery charger and a 12v valve regulated or deep cycle battery and a red and black wire which u will use to extend the negative and positive cable of the ups
Unscrew ur ups and extend the black and red wire that go to the battery to be longer(please use red and black colour wire to avoid confusion), connect the extended red wire to ur battery positive(red) and the black to ur battery (negative),
Also connect the charger's positive clip to ur battery positive and charger's negative clip to ur battery negative, now, plug in ur charger power cable in to electricity power source and plug in ur lcd to ur ups, turn on ur ups and its ready!!!

This interesting but the part one have to plug the charger power cable into electricity power source is confusing because the reason for the set up is because there's no electricity so why do we need to plug the charger power cable to electricity source and more so how we charge the batter when the electricity company eventually brings the light please shed more light on this thank you
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by stlaibrowne(m): 11:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
ceejay80s:
Total cost:,
12v 40ah valve regulated battery= 6k,
Used 650va ups with no battery in it = 1,500 ,
Red & black wire = 50 naira,
12v 20amp smart charger = 7k ,
TOTAL= 14,550
If u have extra cash , u could add one more battery

Do you mean the ups must not have a battery I don't get this part I think all ups comes with a battery? Or when I tell the dealer I want a ups with no battery he/she would get it right ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Autero: 12:00am On Dec 09, 2015
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE YOUR PHONE NO. ALL THESE EXPLANATIONS ARE KIKE FRENCH TO ME
ceejay80s:

Greet u too semid4lyfe
How many watts is the led TV (check the back of the TV)
U don't overload it or the battery won't last long.
U can plug the home theater dvd player to it but don't add the home theater woofer ,the woofer will drain ur battery fast.
Its only a 40ah battery, Do not overload it or unless u want to add more 12v 40ah battery to it , I Have been using it for 4 months now, the only newest thing I bought is the smart Charger which I bought last week,
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ojib(m): 12:02am On Dec 09, 2015
mekussa:
welldone bro,your own no go loss....
was wondering sha...about the battery,MUST IT BE 12v 40ah? i ask because i have a 12v 200ah battery already.also if i am to use the battery i have,can i still connect it through the ups?(considering the size of the battery).thanks....pesin way say your water no go boil....make darkness thief im stove and kettle

you can still use your 200ah battery just ensure you get correct charger to optimise the battery recharge. the typical battery charging current should be 1/10 of the battery current rating +10% tolerance.. this is a good idea for mini inverter .. mine is 3years old with lifepo 40ah battery and 5A charger ... it still deliver as when it was new.. the more ur battery rating d longer d backup..
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 09, 2015
GREAT JOB CEEJAY, I SALUTE YOU FOR SHARING THIS..I CAN AGREE WITH YOU IN ALOT SAID SO FAR BUT JUST HAVE FEW RESERVATIONS AND COMMENTS;
I HAD TO ATTACH A SHOT OF MINE SO YOU CAN BE SURE I'VE BEEN A USER MYSELF FOR QUITE SOMETIME...
1. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LITTLE SYSTEMS LIKE YOURS,A 650VA 12V WOULD DO BUT BEYOND THAT LIKE THE MAN FROM OWERRI(CYBERCAFE)ITS A NO NO.. I WOULD SUGGEST THE 1200VA,2000VA 24V OR MORE FOR THOSE WITH SIMILAR OR BIGGER SYSTEMS LIKE MYSELF, THEY REQUIRE MORE BATTERIES BUT LAST LONGER AND CHARGE EVEN FASTER.
2. IN ALL RESPECT CEEJAY I DO NOT RECOMMEND FAIRLY USED BATTERIES FOR NEW USERS AT ALL NOT MATTER THE COST..200AH FOR 25K,40AH FOR 7K? WHO TOLD YOU IT'S BEEN FAIRLY USED. NIGERIANS INCLUDING MYSELF ARE NOT KNOWN TO BE FAIR USERS OF PRODUCTS, EVEN NEW BATTERIES HAVE A LIFESPAN THEY CANNOT EXCEED, SO PLEASE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PROPER TESTING KIT TO ASCERTAIN THEIR LIFE EXPECTANCY, PLEASE SAVE A LITTLE MORE FOR BRAND NEW BATTERIES.
3. IN TERMS OF BATTERY TYPES, THE AGM,VRLA AND ALL ARE AVERAGE COMPARED TO THE [b]GEL [/b]THOUGH EXPENSIVE BUT GIVES BUYERS PREMIUM VALUE FOR MONIES SPENT. AN AVERAGE 200AH GEL BATTERY COST AROUND 75,000 WHILE AGM 55,000.I USE THE 210AH DEKA GEL ON MY OFFICE SYSTEM,COST 110,000 EACH.
4. FOR SAFETY PURPOSES CONNECTIONS LIKE THESE SHOULD BE KEPT IN A DISCRETE LOCATION ACCESSIBLE ONLY TO THE MAIN USER..BATTERIES JUST LIKE SOMEONE MENTIONED ARE LIKE MINI BOMBS.BRIDGE THE POWER POLARITIES? DANGER.
GOOD BLESS US FOR SHARING AND LEARNING MORE.INFORMATION IS POWER.

11 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by refugee: 12:09am On Dec 09, 2015
Ceejay...you actually raised the bar. For the first time I read this post from pali to pali...also for the first time after so many years on nairaland, I made a comment.
YOU DESERVE AN AWARD.
I SHALL CALL YOU ASAP GOD WILLING

9 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 12:10am On Dec 09, 2015
LydayBobo:

Guy may God bless you silly. Please can you package it into a single portable rectangular box and will only require two wires and not clusters of wires. Brand it Ceejays Niverters. You can upgrade the capacity to carry Two Fans... wink. If you will package it, bro you don hammer! I go hola you soon when I enter Lag am in Owerri

I recommend you buy the complete package in Lagos. Except you are buying the 100ah battery, you wouldn't find the smart charger or 40 ah battery in Owerri. Have set it up for a friend around Concord area and it works quite well.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Osas001: 12:11am On Dec 09, 2015
ceejay80s:

ceejay80s@yahoo.com

Pls check your email

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 12:14am On Dec 09, 2015
mzgboy:
can i use car battery to power the ups?
if yes, how many hours will it power 5 white bulbs

Though it is not recommended to use car batteries because the batteries will die fast, I know someone that uses 5 tipper batteries to power his house ; carries everything except the fridge and AC.

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by hurlar2014(m): 12:15am On Dec 09, 2015
This is awesome
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by InvertedHammer: 12:25am On Dec 09, 2015
/
Why not buy a battery, charger and inverter and save yourself the headache?

400w inverter is relatively cheap and will power more gadgets.

\

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mumin4sure(m): 12:30am On Dec 09, 2015
What about car battery bro ?
I know someone who use car battery with ups , He said he took the ups to technician and they change the transformer inside to higher one so it will charge fast , He charge the battery directly with the ups and it charge fast ...

What do you think OP, because the car battery can work with many appliances

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sagieramos(m): 12:46am On Dec 09, 2015
arisfash:
Made in Republic of Biafra...Why exposing your good initiative to zoo Nigeria? We are thinking of repackaging this thing and your are taking it to animal kingdom. Why? You need to be flogged...Lol

yeah right, he invented d ups, d charger and d ba3 in biafra.

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by onajo2000(m): 12:47am On Dec 09, 2015
Not all ups can do it.... The best for it is apc ups... I did this far back 2007 when I was selling and making calls..... Level Don elevate, so now am using inverter

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by aitanofi(m): 1:24am On Dec 09, 2015
Ceejay80s God will bless you beyond your expectations, this is the very first time I would be following a thread devoid of religious yabbing, vulgar languages, tribal bigots, and not too serious characters that are rampant if not all the topics being debated on from the first page to the last page, I find the information extremely rewarding and already widen my horizon, thank you I shall send you a mail soonest,

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oduz: 1:44am On Dec 09, 2015
Kudos Ceejay80s, you deserve an award! cool
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by seunlayi(m): 3:52am On Dec 09, 2015
elmisti:
So dere is a thread like dis since july nd tonto dikeh with davido keep making FP, d kind thunder wey go strike dis mumu Mods ehn...na joint effort from God and devil go power am.....awon oniranu oshi
I have to spend the whole night reading all the past on this thread. What a great thing from the op, you deserve an award,. Although what you have is here are not invention but it is an innovative and eye opener to us all. Besides, you are truly not new on nairaland because I have been seeing this name for long. I have no choice but to try and get the charger and Battery asap. I will contact you if I need any advice. Thanks to the best nairalander of the year

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by AleAirHub(m): 3:55am On Dec 09, 2015
Ceejay80s i spend close to two hours going though your updates, indeed you are an ambassador of change. with these whole process am sure of enjoying long hours of light with same Oga@the top in my street grin grin
Bravo sir

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 5:04am On Dec 09, 2015
arisfash:
Made in Republic of Biafra...Why exposing your good initiative to zoo Nigeria? We are thinking of repackaging this thing and your are taking it to animal kingdom. Why? You need to be flogged...Lol
where are these Biafra agitations erupting from. little research shows most of them are jobless. the Govt is to be blamed for this. but you have to be wise and know that the igbos- which i'm proudly part of- are not ready to rule themselves because of our greed. a WAR could occur which is not good for our stability or that of our children. my mum and dad were affected by the last one and so i will not like myself or my future children suffer because of the selfish interest of some influential igbo leaders who are perpetrating this act from abroad. be wise, use your head.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 5:43am On Dec 09, 2015
stlaibrowne:

Do you mean the ups must not have a battery I don't get this part I think all ups comes with a battery? Or when I tell the dealer I want a ups with no battery he/she would get it right ?
at oshodi shop A20 ,u will get a perfect working tokumbo 650va ups without battery for 1500naira

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 5:59am On Dec 09, 2015
stlaibrowne:

This interesting but the part one have to plug the charger power cable into electricity power source is confusing because the reason for the set up is because there's no electricity so why do we need to plug the charger power cable to electricity source and more so how we charge the batter when the electricity company eventually brings the light please shed more light on this thank you
there's only 2 types of charging.
U need electricity to charge the battery,
even all these expensive inverters are plugged to electricity for charging, phone chargers,ups, rechargable fans are plugged to electricity.
Once the batteries are fully charged and nepa takes ur light, the ups switches to battery mode, u dont need to unplug ur charger from the electricity, incase u are not at home and nepa brings back ur light, the charger continues charging
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 09, 2015
Thanks for this tutorial boss Ceejay. Really appreciate the good work.

Earlier on this thread someone mentioned something about plugging the smart charger back to the ups and not needing phcn anymore. Will that work well?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Eldorado01(m): 6:13am On Dec 09, 2015
ceejay80s:
I don't even have time for generator , as long as my battery is charged and it can power my lcd and gotv for 7-8hr , I am ok, when cash enter my hand I go buy one more of this battery join in parallel to make 12v 40ah + 12v 40ah =80ah (longer watch time)
ceejay very nice concept....I want to ask how do you charge the battery? does It have a wire u can plug in to phcn or generator, and how many hours does It take to charge it to the fullest?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by badesco(m): 6:14am On Dec 09, 2015
I have a video that will show you how to build a 500 watts inverter from scratch. If interested whatsapp me 08071003461
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:18am On Dec 09, 2015
stlaibrowne:

This a great job you have done but it will fine if you can state step by step how connect A to B that way any person that physics is strange to could get the configuration easily with no mistake. Please try to do that explain it step by step and also how do you charge your battery when there's no more energy in it.
u need electricity or generator to charge.
There's no charger that dosent require electricity except solar panel inverter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.