Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,661 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (691077 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
puffynana:

Thanks my oga
Making 43k with the 200w panel. Battery of 100ah second hand will cost like how much?
Also I saw an advert of refurbished battery is it reliable?
i wouldnt advise u to go for a refurbished battery, for ur rest of mind go for a brand new 100amps battery or if u can get a trusted seller that can give u up to 1month guarantee on a used 200amps battery, go for it. there are sellers of used battery ay oshodi or alaba.. i can give u the contact of the that want to sell fairly used 200amps to me, he av several of them bought the one used at mtn mast before.. he sells 200amps at 35k.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
Valto:
from the picture of urs, it should be cheaper than 8k i bought mine cos it doesn't have any screen to monitor solar charge, battery state of charge% charging ah temperature, battery low, low and high voltage settings, e.t. c

attached is the picture of mine.
Saw this your own for 9k I think, it's PWM 10a right? Mine is MPPT.
No, my CC qdoesn't have a screen, just LED indicators, seller said the MPPT with screen is 29k. The RHS indicator has different colors for battery level. Red for low, yellow for normal, green for average, middle is always green to show load connection, LHS is red when charging and goes off when not charging at night.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2016
timifakay:

Remember daily battery discharge shouldn't exceed 50%, therefore you don't really need panels that can charge the whole 200ah fully on a daily basis if this rule is followed.

Does the hybrid solar charge controller have inbuilt inverter? Function of inverter is different fro that of charge controller, and as I sad earlier on, output current of charge controller (for solar panel) or smart charger (for PHCN charged set up) should be atleast 10% of battery ah

No he doesn't have 40ah batteries.
Here are the numbers of the sellers on their receipts:
Show The light... (solar panels, CC, cables, batteries) 0803, Lagos- 081. I didn't buy my battery here
N. Olalekan Trading Stores- 080
Cc: @rajo4real, @coderXO, @temizeee, @bobojoshua

thanks a bunch bro.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
ceejay80s:

I have used the 20amp and the 30amp and it didn't give me any problem, except when ever my light is not full ,it doesn't charge, I sold my 20amp charger because the 30amp charges all my batteries faster than the 20amp......

adding the fused plug on the smart charger was a smart move by Oga Ceejay. Reason why his SC lasted.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
timifakay:

Saw this your own for 9k I think, it's PWM 10a right? Mine is MPPT.
No, my CC qdoesn't have a screen, just LED indicators, seller said the MPPT with screen is 29k. The RHS indicator has different colors for battery level. Red for low, yellow for normal, green for average, middle is always green to show load connection, LHS is red when charging and goes off when not charging at night.
mine is 30A
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by puffynana(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
timifakay:

130watts panel about 25-30k
100ah batt about 30k
Charge controller about 9k
UPS or inverter about 1k5 or 8k
Cable 4h per yard
The output current of the CC is not high enough for the inverter if connected and battery.
Only the UPS in d above estimate ain't brand new.
I suggest you get one of those laptop power banks if there's gen to charge at night (I don't own one so can't really talk on the charge rate using gen or output) instead of setting up solar panel that won't serve you well and give you a nasty experience...
My brother from what u said, do u mean that the current from one solar panel will not be able to charge d battery and power the inverter /ups at the same time?
If so will doubling the panel solve the problem
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 8:20am On Apr 18, 2016
puffynana:

My brother from what u said, do u mean that the current from one solar panel will not be able to charge d battery and power the inverter /ups at the same time?
If so will doubling the panel solve the problem
My theory is that to make sure the rate of charge is higher than rate of discharge during the day you have to deliver more power to the battery, which will mean you should increase charge controller capacity as you increase the solar panels array.
About using power directly my charge controller was shutting down each time I disconnected the battery so it's impossible to use power from mine directly without a battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2016
1.5 KVA Bluegate UPS for sale
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Allem(m): 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2016
PLS HOUSE, WHERE CAN I BUY SOLAR PANEL AND CC IN DELTA STATE?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 9:29am On Apr 19, 2016
Allem:
Earn 30% Monthly Of Your Income With MMM!! Real And Cool Cash Without Stress
So i am bringing to you an interesting and easy way to make money here in nigeria..AND I MEAN MONEY!.But as we all know making money aint so easy...even the yahoo boys suffer to get there fraudulent cash.

But here i want to present to you MMM(mavrodi mundial movement).Its is an online community of online people where we help one another.To cut the story a bit short,you earn 30% monthly of whatever help you give people.For example after joining mmm you invested a 20000 after 30days you will see your account balance mavro growing at a constant interest rate which will amount to 30% of your wat u invested in 30 days...Call it 1% per day cheesy how cool can it be?.Now the fact that mmm is not a scam shows that you cannot be a millionare by joining mmm today.Your have to use ur money to get
this room has given me so much, so is time to pay back

are you mad or something. This is against the forum rules. This is an MLM program. It is fraud.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by coderXO(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
ceejay80s I posted you a question some pages back, maybe you did not see it, or i think say you still dey vex that's why you no answer.

Anyway, that your 100ah leoch battery, can you please when next you fully charge it, please check the volt meter reading.

thx.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Allem(m): 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
mukhcech:

are you mad or something. This is against the forum rules. This is an MLM program. It is fraud.
no I am not mad or something. and I never knew the forum is against Mmm program. and Mmm is not fraud. I am a living testimony. get your facts right about the program before concluding. pls friends don't be discouraged. MMM IS REAL.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
Allem:
no I am not mad or something. and I never knew the forum is against Mmm program. and Mmm is not fraud. I am a living testimony. get your facts right about the program before concluding. pls friends don't be discouraged. MMM IS REAL.
oga park well!!! stop spamming the thread with your scam bullshit. this thread is all about HOW TO CREATE LOCALLY MADE INVERTER WITH EASE angry tongue

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
coderXO:
ceejay80s I posted you a question some pages back, maybe you did not see it, or i think say you still dey vex that's why you no answer.

Anyway, that your 100ah leoch battery, can you please when next you fully charge it, please check the volt meter reading.

thx.

Sorry, saw it but it escaped my mind 'cos I ad too many questions coming to me both on forum, phone and whatsapp , but sometimes if I don't reply peoples questions , because some other members have already answered it, no vex , I don't have a volt meter,
Please : make una dey channels questions to the house , I am not perfect, there are some nairaland members that knows all these things better than me, don't want to mention names but I know there are some I grabbed a thing or two from and they are better than me when it comes to inverter and solar inverters stuff......
so my brother I don't have a volt meter
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
coderXO:

thx.

Between 13.5V to 14.4V....it depends on battery charger used and the float voltage of the particular battery. That's just the range usually seen on float.

To best know when battery is fully charged, you should use a DC clamp meter, ideally the charging current ( I'm assuming a smart charger is being used) should be zero or close to it.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 2:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

Between 13.5V to 14.4V....it depends on battery charger used and the float voltage of the particular battery. That's just the range usually seen on float.

To best know when battery is fully charged, you should use a DC clamp meter, ideally the charging current ( I'm assuming a smart charger is being used) should be zero or close to it.

Thanks

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by coderXO(m): 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2016
ceejay80s:

Sorry, saw it but it escaped my mind 'cos I ad too many questions coming to me both on forum, phone and whatsapp , but sometimes if I don't reply peoples questions , because some other members have already answered it, no vex , I don't have a volt meter,
Please : make una dey channels questions to the house , I am not perfect, there are some nairaland members that knows all these things better than me, don't want to mention names but I know there are some I grabbed a thing or two from and they are better than me when it comes to inverter and solar inverters stuff......
so my brother I don't have a volt meter

I asked you particularly because we have the same battery. The value changes from battery to battery.

Im2Busy2Bother, my smart charger turns off at 13.15V and I know verywell the battery is not fully charged.

Starting at this 13.15V, my inverter turns itself off with sole load of 100W fan after 3 hours max.

I take my battery out in frustration to my generator and use the 8.3A charger on it and charge for about 3-4 hours, when
the battery gets to about 14V I disconnect it. The battery unloaded comes back to settle 13.3V. At this 13.3 when I hook it back to the inverter, the single 100W fan can last 6 hours.

I am trying to pinpoint which is faulty, the battery or the charger.

When I first purchased the battery, the I remember rest voltage was about 14V (not 100% sure), now I can never get it up to that anymore.

Dunno
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2016
coderXO:

I asked you particularly because we have the same battery. The value changes from battery to battery.

Im2Busy2Bother, my smart charger turns off at 13.15V and I know verywell the battery is not fully charged.

Alright. I don't think the smart charger is charging your batteries very well
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 6:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
This is exactly the same challenge am having with my setup.I strongly believe the smart charger is not optimally charging the batteries.

coderXO:

Starting at this 13.15V, my inverter turns itself off with sole load of 100W fan after 3 hours max.

I take my battery out in frustration to my generator and use the 8.3A charger on it and charge for about 3-4 hours, when
the battery gets to about 14V I disconnect it. The battery unloaded comes back to settle 13.3V. At this 13.3 when I hook it back to the inverter, the single 100W fan can last 6 hours.

When I first purchased the battery, the I remember rest voltage was about 14V (not 100% sure), now I can never get it up to that anymore.

Dunno
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2016
am on the look out for a cheaper 30A MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER. possibly a fairly used one, cos i have limited cash.. if u have any for sell, pm me or qoute this post.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

Bros abeg where I fit get this voltmeter and how much?
Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
coderXO:

Dunno
that is the limit to all these chargers, different manufacturers different circuit built in them. My old charge controller settle at 13.3v as float charge(got damaged now) , my new solar charge controller goes to 14.8v for 10 minutes before resting at 14.1v as float charge.... A lot of electronic design changes in performance and accuracy
I think I am enjoying more from d setup now... Battery rest at 13.92v at night(if it get full at d day)
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
9ijaprince:
This is exactly the same challenge am having with my setup.I strongly believe the smart charger is not optimally charging the batteries.

Had the issue of battery not being optimally charged until I got y sterling power ultra charger 30A 24V, even when my inverter stops charging at the float stage,it still charges till it enters the trickle charge state, my batteries are almost 2yrs and still going strong and the charging speed na die. 5hours charge takes me for 24hrs, I have a battery bank of 200ah batteries x 4pcs and e dey carry fridge and all for house cheesy solar panels loading....

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
saint2ace:

Had the issue of battery not being optimally charged until I got y sterling power ultra charger 30A 24V, even when my inverter stops charging at the float stage,it still charges till it enters the trickle charge state, my batteries are almost 2yrs and still going strong and the charging speed na die. 5hours charge takes me for 24hrs, I have a battery bank of 200ah batteries x 4pcs and e dey carry fridge and all for house cheesy solar panels loading....
nice setup u got there.. 4pcs 200amp battery no be here cheesy . going solar is the way so far cash dey. i was looking out for a very good 30A mppt solar charge controller and i was told 60k last. a solar setup that will match what u already assembled should be worth about 300k assuming u are going for a 60A mttp solar charge controller.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:54pm On Apr 19, 2016
am eying this it seem a full package
KEY FEATURES
· Wattage: 24V
· Voltage: 3KVA
· Pure Sine wave hybrid Inverter
· With an in-built solar charge controller
· Overload and short circuit protection
· A smart battery charger that optimizes battery performance
· Selectable input voltage range for home and office appliances
· Configurable solar/AC input priority
· Auto restart while AC recovers
· A perfect alarming system
· A cooling system suitable for tropical weather
· An in-built solar charge controller
is anyone using this?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 6:51am On Apr 20, 2016
Valto:
nice setup u got there.. 4pcs 200amp battery no be here cheesy . going solar is the way so far cash dey. i was looking out for a very good 30A mppt solar charge controller and i was told 60k last. a solar setup that will match what u already assembled should be worth about 300k assuming u are going for a 60A mttp solar charge controller.

Bros u're spot on, got a quote from one of my guys and for a decent solar setup we're looking at btw 300k to 350k; my brother that money no be beans and the house am staying is old, make dem no put leg for roof the thing go come scatter. I no fit pay landlord so i'll just chill for now until I get a better option.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 6:56am On Apr 20, 2016
Valto:
am eying this it seem a full package is anyone using this?

Hello Valto, it's a good inverter it's produced by zinox and very durable. Got one for a friend awhile back and it's still working fine, he's planning on attaching some solar panels to it.

Got it then for 145k with 2pcs 100ah batteries from yudala but the price has increased a bit but still affordable from yudala.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 7:59am On Apr 20, 2016
timifakay:

Bros abeg where I fit get this voltmeter and how much?
Thanks.

Buy in local electronic shop dealers that stocks meters.

Or you can try aliexpress, this one looks cool http://s.aliexpress.com/bM3qqQnI

The ones I saw @ konga is more costlier

Well done

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2016
saint2ace:

Had the issue of battery not being optimally charged until I got y sterling power ultra charger 30A 24V,even when my inverter stops charging at the float stage,it still charges till it enters the trickle charge state, my batteries are almost 2yrs and still going strong and the charging speed na die. 5hours charge takes me for 24hrs, I have a battery bank of 200ah batteries x 4pcs and e dey carry fridge and all for house cheesy solar panels loading....

Pls where and how much did you buy the charger?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 9:28am On Apr 20, 2016
saint2ace:

Hello Valto, it's a good inverter it's produced by zinox and very durable. Got one for a friend awhile back and it's still working fine, he's planning on attaching some solar panels to it.

Got it then for 145k with 2pcs 100ah batteries from yudala but the price has increased a bit but still affordable from yudala.
i saw it on konga.com.its 82k. i will work towards it. there is another one with inbuilt 60A mppt solar charge controller that goes for 220k. no be small thing shocked
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 9:39am On Apr 20, 2016
saint2ace:

Bros u're spot on, got a quote from one of my guys and for a decent solar setup we're looking at btw 300k to 350k; my brother that money no be beans and the house am staying is old, make dem no put leg for roof the thing go come scatter. I no fit pay landlord so i'll just chill for now until I get a better option.
yeah. solar is actually preferable for a house u own, make your landlord no go increase house rent thinking say u don hammer too much. grin
if u are to go solar, that should be 4pcs 250watts @50k each =200k, then 60A mppt about 95k and solar roof rack and other accessories. thats still about 310k. shocked. u rather increase your 200amps batteries to 6 or 8pcs, when fully charged, light go de trowey for your house for 5days sef cheesy, than to spend such for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.