Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (689880 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 2:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
mrhello:
Is it wt imbuilt charger or u use ext. charger wt it or purely solar charging? If ext. charger, what brand and amp?

Can we hv d pictures of d inverter, esp front and back?

Its with inbuilt charger. with 3 stage charging max @ 26A

Am presently not @ home but its housed in a cpu casing with its display @ d front
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 2:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
mrhello:
1. Hw did u wire d load? As in did feed all these loads into your inverter or some to it and others to other source?

2. Hw do u manage this timing, 10am-12pm, etc? Do u do it manually by putting on and off d concern load as at when due or u auto prog them or the inverter sorts them as at when due? Pls explain this better.

3. Going by your time routine, does it mean there's no day d 2 freezers and d fridge will run continuously all thru d day, as an average nigerian does when on nepa utility?

4. If nobody is home as at when to power on/off a given load, what then happens?

No vex o. Just want to learn and also for others to benefit.

1.All d housing wiring is on d inverter except AC outlets and cooker

2 & 4.I use a programable timmer switch for my appliaces. so u can programme specific timing for your devices. u can easily buy on aliexpress or Amazon

3.If we are @ home especially weekends, we power randomly based on priorities. washing machine, pumping machine, ironing etc

The most important thing is to know your appliance rating and best time to utilise them

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 11:22am On Apr 26, 2016
missed this thread! I can see it progressing fine. The original authors aim of sharing knowledge on how to fabricate an inverter with very limited financial resource, however, seems to be gradually eroding. I have read through a couple of pages an was shocked to see that some expenditure are far beyond reach of any struggling naija guy. I quite understand that with higher voltage load (more appliances), total cost incurred might be more. Again, dollar exchange rate is working against budget of many willing young men. In all, lets focus on discussing how to beat rising cost and how to get the best out of limited funds. The most economical way of getting this achieved while putting safety into consideration.

I am still enjoying mine. The only challenge is that power supply has dropped quite abysmally. Anyone around Gbagada could bear me witness. Its a pathetic state of affairs now as we can hardly boast of an hour supply of power. I am not bothered about buying fuel either. As a matter of fact, I have not bought fuel into my little generator since 1st week of December when I installed my 'home made inverter' with 65AH battery. Despite the poor power supply, I DONT KNOW HOW, but believe me when I say 'I DON'T KNOW HOW' and I'M NOT exaggerating. My inverter still runs with 35watt rechargable fan and six 5 watt bulbs which don't come on all the time. I have limited TV watch time anyway.

To all on this thread, cheers and dont stop exploring! That's the power of scientific minds.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 11:24am On Apr 26, 2016
who cares for these chargers, they cost 8k each. Holler if you need them 08149777036

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ppman: 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
shupsyBaba:
Good morning

Just read through the entire thread, long read
Great work!

I do have a few request, I was planning on going Solar until
I realized yesterday that my batteries have packed up
(bought them used and have used them for almost three years)
So I need to replace them first, can anyone give me the contact of
a seller of good grade used batteries. 150Ah/180Ah preferably
and the cost.

Not sure if the likes of Ceejay80's Oga Chidi have in stock

2. I would also like a contact of a seller of NOT-TOO-EXPENSIVE
PV panels - 130W - 180W, 12V, mono crystal.

2b. Plus can one mix mono and poly together? That is eg 2 130W mono + 2 150W poly?

3. What is the average cost and brand of a good / recommendable Solar charger,
PWM, yes I know MPPT are the best but unless I can get one for less than
30K I wouldnt bother for now

Thanks, appreciate

If you have any bad Inverter battery to dispose, pls call and I will buy them from you. I can also do a swap and top up deal on your dead batteries over my brand new batteries.

hotline:- 08109946200 .
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrhello: 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
rajo4real:
1.All d housing wiring is on d inverter except AC outlets and cooker

2 & 4.I use a programable timmer switch for my appliaces. so u can programme specific timing for your devices. u can easily buy on aliexpress or Amazon

3.If we are @ home especially weekends, we power randomly based on priorities. washing machine, pumping machine, ironing etc

The most important thing is to know your appliance rating and best time to utilise them Cheers!
Thanks for sharing broda man.

Though I know your inverter is pure sine, can a pumping machine run well on modified sine too? And what's d average watt of a 1hp sumo?

And what's d idea of d programmable timer switch? Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrhello: 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
rajo4real:
...... I have a 'true' 2000watt 24v nominal voltage and i can power anything in house cool
Can a modified sine do same? And what's d exclusive diff between what a pure sine and modify can do?

rajo4real:
Its with inbuilt charger. with 3 stage charging max @ 26A
Thnks for your response.
1. If I hv followed u well, does it mean it's dis 26A inbuilt charger dst has bn charging your 4 x 200ah?

2. So can an average 20A or 30A external charger efficiently and conveniently do d same for 3 to 4 pcs of 200ah battery?

3. Any short or long run side effects of charging 1 x 200ah battery wt a 40A ext charger?

4. Are there any advantages of each of these over d other and which would u always recommend?
. Inverter wt charger inbuilt
. Inverter wt ext charger

Abeg, no vex o!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
mrhello:
Thanks for sharing broda man.

Though I know your inverter is pure sine, can a pumping machine run well on modified sine too? And what's d average watt of a 1hp sumo?

And what's d idea of d programmable timer switch? Thanks

Sure it will, its only d humming sound of modified sine wave on inductive loads. but dats not an issue as far as am concerned.

1hp = 746watts

Programmable switch is just a timer plug. You can set the time it switches on and off, also you can programme up to a week.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
mrhello:
Can a modified sine do same? And what's d exclusive diff between what a pure sine and modify can do?

Thnks for your response.
1. If I hv followed u well, does it mean it's dis 26A inbuilt charger dst has bn charging your 4 x 200ah?

2. So can an average 20A or 30A external charger efficiently and conveniently do d same for 3 to 4 pcs of 200ah battery?

3. Any short or long run side effects of charging 1 x 200ah battery wt a 40A ext charger?

4. Are there any advantages of each of these over d other and which would u always recommend?
. Inverter wt charger inbuilt
. Inverter wt ext charger

Abeg, no vex o!

1. My solar panels does 90% of the charging and i kinda prefer slow charging cuz it makes ur batteries healthier.

2. It can, it depends on ur depth of discharge (DOD). i hardly discharge my batteries to 50%

3.For me, 40A charging is high for a 200AH battery

4. It all depends on d efficiency. 30A charger either inbuilt or seperate will produce dsame power only if its of a true rating.

Vex kee?, me sef dey learn on this thread!

Cheers

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrhello: 9:17am On Apr 29, 2016
rajo4real:
Sure it will, its only d humming sound of modified sine wave on inductive loads. but dats not an issue as far as am concerned.

1hp = 746watts

Programmable switch is just a timer plug. You can set the time it switches on and off, also you can programme up to a week.

rajo4real:
1. My solar panels does 90% of the charging and i kinda prefer slow charging cuz it makes ur batteries healthier.

2. It can, it depends on ur depth of discharge (DOD). i hardly discharge my batteries to 50%

3.For me, 40A charging is high for a 200AH battery

4. It all depends on d efficiency. 30A charger either inbuilt or seperate will produce dsame power only if its of a true rating.

Vex kee?, me sef dey learn on this thread!

Cheers
Bros e, only God can help me bless u for dis sweet info, answering d questions to detail. I appreciate sir.

I may still need to ask a few things later. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by joenor(m): 11:05am On Apr 29, 2016
Hi Good Morning and how are you? I got to read about an article of how to connect batteries, I have an old UPS 1.2KVA, it uses two batteries of 12v7Ah, How can I connect them to the UPS that it will work perfect.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
joenor:
Hi Good Morning and how are you? I got to read about an article of how to connect batteries, I have an old UPS 1.2KVA, it uses two batteries of 12v7Ah, How can I connect them to the UPS that it will work perfect.
Check the number of the man that sells smart charger on page 1,2or3 . Ur ups is 24v, it will work, just buy the 24v smart charger an buy 2 batteries. U can buy 2 pieces of 100ah battery or 2pieces of 150ah or 2piece of 200ah batteries, or 2piece of 75ah batteries.
U must use 2 batteries on it and both batteries must be connected in series, check google image on how to connect in series
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moski5(m): 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
Valto:
u cannot connect a 200watts solar panel directly to inverter without a good battery of atleast 100amps and above.
u need a 200watts monocrystalline solar panel =35k
then wellsee 30amps solar charge controller (it charges my battery well and fast) like mine=8k
then a good ups/or inverter(bought my 1500w inverter=8k)
then a 12v smart charger if u intend to charge with electricity too.

hi this battery n charger wats d cost
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moski5(m): 10:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
timifakay:

130watts panel about 25-30k
100ah batt about 30k
Charge controller about 9k
UPS or inverter about 1k5 or 8k
Cable 4h per yard
The output current of the CC is not high enough for the inverter if connected and battery.
Only the UPS in d above estimate ain't brand new.
I suggest you get one of those laptop power banks if there's gen to charge at night (I don't own one so can't really talk on the charge rate using gen or output) instead of setting up solar panel that won't serve you well and give you a nasty experience...

I guess yu suggested d power bank cos of lower solar panel wattage anyways how much is it d power bank thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by agentakins: 12:10am On Apr 30, 2016
rajo4real:

1hp = 746watts

Please bros, I am interested in this your programmable timer switch and I searched on aliexpress to buy one but I saw different types which I don't know which type to buy. Can you kindly upload the picture of the type you are using? Thank you.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2016
agentakins:

Please bros, I am interested in this your programmable timer switch and I searched on aliexpress to buy one but I saw different types which I don't know which type to buy. Can you kindly upload the picture of the type you are using? Thank you.

Am presently not @ home.

But you can buy any1 affordable. Just make sure you specify UK plug

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32366497910.html
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 7:38am On Apr 30, 2016
Building some solar panels for my inverter

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 7:41am On Apr 30, 2016
Encapsulation, should take roughly 2 days to completely dry

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 7:54am On Apr 30, 2016
anochuks08:
Encapsulation, should take roughly 2 days to completely dry
nice job. I believe each cell are of 0.5pd wt is d (I) of each cell?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 7:56am On Apr 30, 2016
temizeee:
nice job. I believe each cell are of 0.5pd wt is d (I) of each cell?
Yeap
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 8:00am On Apr 30, 2016
Testing:
Time: 7:57AM.
Sunshine: Very very very low grin

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 8:03am On Apr 30, 2016
anochuks08:
Building some solar panels for my inverter
what is the maximum current of each cell?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 8:09am On Apr 30, 2016
temizeee:
what is the maximum current of each cell?
Average Power (Watts): 1.8 Wp
Average Current (Amps): 3.6 Imax
Average Voltage (Volts): 0.5 Vmax

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2016
moski5:

I guess yu suggested d power bank cos of lower solar panel wattage anyways how much is it d power bank thanks
Less than 20k I think.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by compunigeria: 9:06am On Apr 30, 2016
fixedhollies:
d recommended battery for ipo4 batteries. Sako by name. My two batteries has packed off.... negotiate for my chargers pickup. Or advice me on how to get another set of batteries if u can.....
. your contact pls
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
anochuks08:

Average Power (Watts): 1.8 Wp
Average Current (Amps): 3.6 Imax
Average Voltage (Volts): 0.5 Vmax

This is very nice and inspiring.

Very much interested bro, gud wok!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 12:51pm On Apr 30, 2016
rajo4real:

This is very nice and inspiring.

Very much interested bro, gud wok!
Thanks bro
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
Testing Complete. grin

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
anochuks08:
Testing Complete. grin
hope you didn't spend much to get that thing up n running? It a 65 watt solar panel......Can u tell d house the total amount you spend on this? #goodjob

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2016
anochuks08:
Testing Complete. grin
Good job. Please, create a thread and teach us how to make solar panel.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
temizeee:
hope you didn't spend much to get that thing up n running? It a 65 watt solar panel......Can u tell d house the total amount you spend on this? #goodjob

Am trying to go offgrid on a small budget (dou most of people around said its not possible) but am 70% done. To get this panel up and running, I will suggest you look for old windows frame, this will help you save cost very much. But I couldn't get old window frame so, I had to build one. Here is the breakdown
1. Frame = 1800
2. Glass = 1300
3. Solar cells (I don't go more than $0.5 per cell)
4. Encapsulation, 700
5. Wire = 150

NB. I had a bet with a friend that I will get this panel up and running, he said I couldn't. His word was that he ll build me a 60A MPPT charge controller if I win. I won this bet and he will deliver my charge controller before 12 noon on Monday
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
anochuks08:

Am trying to go offgrid on a small budget (dou most of people around said its not possible) but am 70% done. To get this panel up and running, I will suggest you look for old windows frame, this will help you save cost very much. But I couldn't get old window frame so, I had to build one. Here is the breakdown
1. Frame = 1800
2. Glass = 1300
3. Solar cells (I don't go more than $0.5 per cell)
4. Encapsulation, 700
5. Wire = 150

NB. I had a bet with a friend that I will get this panel up and running, he said I couldn't. His word was that he ll build me a 60A MPPT charge controller if I win. I won this bet and he will deliver my charge controller before 12 noon on Monday
How many cells per panel?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.