Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (694917 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
ceejay80s:

Where u see money for this recession?
U sure say u no be one of the judges buhari dey pursue up and down ?
lol. am just managing like u, but i am forced to upgrade a little, cos light situation is getting worse and sun doesn't shine for long here.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 1:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
Lol...
ceejay80s:

My guy na sambisa u dey ? Nna men
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 1:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
Na wah oh so light situation is getting worst in yenagoa?
Valto:
lol. am just managing like u, but i am forced to upgrade a little, cos light situation is getting worse and sun doesn't shine for long here.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by danxzy: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
like how much can it cost me now?

the total money to spend is how much let me see if its something i can do.

i has LCD 22inches (plasma) and GOTV DECORDER
ceejay80s:

except u already have all items ready, but if to say u wan enter market to buy these stuffs and u are not well loaded .....ehhh....
u quoted my first post when prices of stuffs were still ok, this 20amp charger is almost times 3 of now, so if u are well loaded , u can start now but if u are not and still managing ur self, i will advise u to hold on to ur cash
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
9ijaprince:
Na wah oh so light situation is getting worst in yenagoa?
yeah, hardly see light this days.. e be like say u don leave us here undecided
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
danxzy:
like how much can it cost me now?

the total money to spend is how much let me see if its something i can do.

i has LCD 22inches (plasma) and GOTV DECORDER

what is the watts of ur 22inch tv and for how long are u looking at ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 10:10am On Oct 14, 2016
Valto:
nothing much oo, just bulbs, tv and fridge attimes. moreover i dont allow my batteries to go below 24.1V. i want my batteries to be always fully charged.

Oga valto, How you dey nah. Nah ur Solar panel sales boy. I am sorry I could not make available those panels you requested. How did you do the wiring? is it separated or installed with normal electricity wiring?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by danxzy: 10:57am On Oct 14, 2016
i dont knw the watt

how can i check it pls?

i really want to install this thing in my room

NEPA walaha don tire me

our light is turn by turn not steady if we have light today tomorrow will be another people turn
ceejay80s:

what is the watts of ur 22inch tv and for how long are u looking at ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2016
danxzy:
i dont knw the watt

how can i check it pls?

i really want to install this thing in my room

NEPA walaha don tire me

our light is turn by turn not steady if we have light today tomorrow will be another people turn

the watts of the tv should be at the back of the tv
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
rajo4real:

SOLD!!!

Thanks

Oga Rajo. Will this charge controller be perfect for a system with the following loads

♥ One 32inch smartled tv,
♥ 3 Dc fans with ac adapters,
♥ 2 laptops,
♥ 1 dvd
♥ 7 led bulbs

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by danxzy: 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2016
OK WHEN I GET HOME I WILL CHECK BUT WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP TO CONNECT IT?
ceejay80s:

the watts of the tv should be at the back of the tv
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2016
mukhcech:

Oga Rajo. Will this charge controller be perfect for a system with the following loads

♥ One 32inch smartled tv,
♥ 3 Dc fans with ac adapters,
♥ 2 laptops,
♥ 1 dvd
♥ 7 led bulbs

Your charge controller is dependent on ur solar array size.
30A can handle up to 700watt using 24v system
30A can handle up to 350watt using 12v system

I will also advise to get a controller with display @least to know your battery level @ all times.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
rajo4real:

Your charge controller is dependent on ur solar array size.
30A can handle up to 700watt using 24v system
30A can handle up to 350watt using 12v system

I will also advise to get a controller with display @least to know your battery level @ all times.

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. pls one more.....What is the maximum battery bank for a 30A, 700watt solar array? thank you for your time.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:17am On Oct 16, 2016
This is why I said u must change the plug to 13amp 3pin plug and also change the 13amp fuse inside the plug to a 3amp fuse....

My batteries were charging last night till nepa took the light, Woke up dis morning and nepa brought light and I expected the charger to be charging, but the red light didn't come on, I decided to check the 3amp fuse inside and discovered that the fuse has gone bad, I replaced the fuse with another 3amp fuse and it starts charging again,
The 13amp fuse wey full market no dey gree cut again even when over current hit am, probably na rod dem put inside and not tiny wire

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
ceejay80s:
probably na rod dem put inside and not tiny wire
lolz.. Nice update tho!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 10:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
Valto:
nothing much oo, just bulbs, tv and fridge attimes. moreover i dont allow my batteries to go below 24.1V. i want my batteries to be always fully charged.
It depends on ur runtime sha, but I will advice you do an evaluation of your consumption to be sure you dont have some redundant load wasting ur energy.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 10:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
100pieces OF EUROPE USED NETWORK BATTERY 100AH 150AH 220AH DISCOUNT BRAND NEW MODIFIED SINE WAVE 1KVA 30,000 PURE SINE WAVE 800VA 45,000 PANEL AT GOOD PRIZES 250NAIRA PER 1WATTS CALL 08166117634
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Danyl(m): 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
please o, @Op. is it possible to add a solar panel to this inverter/battery charger setup?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2016
Danyl:
please o, @Op. is it possible to add a solar panel to this inverter/battery charger setup?
yes
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Danyl(m): 6:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
ceejay80s:

yes
Please I hope am not disturbing o. please what extra device do I add to make it chargeable through solar panel? extra inverter and charge controller or just solar panel...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Phayie(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
Oga ceejay80s can u pls give us the current price of the used ups, smart charger and the battery. i wanted to buy usp and i was searching through the web when i stumble on this tread, and I'm very very impressed with the knowledge u've shared so far. May God bless u a plenty
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 11:52am On Oct 24, 2016
Danyl:

Please I hope am not disturbing o. please what extra device do I add to make it chargeable through solar panel? extra inverter and charge controller or just solar panel...

You need just solar panels and charge controller.

No need for another inverter as your UPS is already doing the function
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by melvyano: 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
HYBRID 5KVA inverter iPowerPlus inverter for very cheap price 260,000 with inbuilt solar charge controller than can accommodate 5000 watts. comes with warranty and months after sales support

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
Danyl:

u need to buy solar charge controller, preferably an mppt type.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Danyl(m): 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

You need just solar panels and charge controller.
No need for another inverter as your UPS is already doing the function
thanks bro.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
Danyl:

Solar panels, charge controller and cables for the connection, then you are good to go. Check here if you need help estimating panel size: http://www.gotoguyng.com/2016/09/use-of-solar-panels-for-energy.html
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Phayie(m): 11:43am On Oct 25, 2016
Phayie:
Oga ceejay80s can u pls give us the current price of the used ups, smart charger and the battery. i wanted to buy usp and i was searching through the web when i stumble on this tread, and I'm very very impressed with the knowledge u've shared so far. May God bless u a plenty
Can somebody pls provide answer to my question abeg u
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Danyl(m): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
timifakay:

Solar panels, charge controller and cables for the connection, then you are good to go. Check here if you need help estimating panel size: http://www.gotoguyng.com/2016/09/use-of-solar-panels-for-energy.html
thank you very much. I will check that link

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 28, 2016
Baba the thread too long I nor fir read am grin how long will this power my laptop please
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Allem(m): 3:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
Try bro. It's worth it. All the answer you will need even later is here
BlueWizAngel:
Baba the thread too long I nor fir read am grin how long will this power my laptop please

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
timifakay:

I had to install this as an emergency. I just relocated back to my home town and lack of electricity is being used to punish us. And I have every reason to remain online.

Hopefully, I won't ruin the car battery before I get my deep cycle batteries. I installed 250watts solar panel for this units. pls advice.
Cc is 20amps battery is 75ah.

cc rajo4real, ceejay80s, others.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2016
officialfestus:
Good morning ceejays80s,pls it advisble to connect a cooling fan to the ups because i use it for 24hrs a day,7days a week,because nepa do give us 12hours light a day,and the ups is fully automatic no change over required,and pls if you can help me get fairly used two 200ah batteries because i heard that is more cheaper in lagos,the one i saw in edo state was a fairly new 200ah for 15,000 each in a battery sellers shop in edo state

Oga Festus, pls how was ur experience using this setup in the pics of this post I quoted? Thank you.

I just made this emergency setup and em really scared of damaging the battery before my deep cycles battery arrives.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.