Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (694500 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 24, 2016
proffmanue:
@ cool318...
perhaps we should chat....drop ur watapp line..I wil contact u...
abeg no side runs. post it here let everyone see.
To those posting numbers, don't come and shout that u ve been scammed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cool318(m): 9:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
brogxy:

abeg no side runs. post it here let everyone see.
To those posting numbers, don't come and shout that u ve been scammed.

Am too wise to be scammed as long as this thread is concerned.
I have experimented with different versions of external chargers many bought at very exhorbitant prices yet they didn't last.
His own is never a Solution to me cos UPS is never built to work for a long lenght of time and the VA cannot carry any heavy appliance in the House.
Inverters built solely for inverter purposes remains the solution for heavy appliance users.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oparaeke(m): 11:54am On Nov 25, 2016
proffmanue:
@ cool318...
perhaps we should chat....drop ur watapp line..I wil contact u...
the person who created this thread has been open and helpful sharing his experience and experiments with all and even taking painstaking time to give step by step help to those who need it and we all here can confess that he has not held anything back I don't know why you chose to differ,oga Ceejay God will still continue to bless you jare.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:41pm On Nov 25, 2016
cool318:

I have experimented with different versions of external chargers many bought at very exhorbitant prices yet they didn't last.
His own is never a Solution to me cos UPS is never built to work for a long lenght of time and the VA cannot carry any heavy appliance in the House.
Inverters built solely for inverter purposes remains the solution for heavy appliance users.

to the bolded part.....my new model bluegate 650va ups has worked for 3 days non stop use and i have been using this ups before i started this thread and up till now its still working fine cheesy and yes the 650va ups is for light appliances, but there are bigger ups that can carry ur refrigerator and other heavier appliances

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Intellab(m): 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2016
I don't know if this okay, my 92amp valve regulated battery takes time to charge. I'm using a 30ah smart charger. Is been charging since last night, still not full.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
Intellab:
I don't know if this okay, my 92amp valve regulated battery takes time to charge. I'm using a 30ah smart charger. Is been charging since last night, still not full.

Turn the knob of ur smart charger to be above 60ah or between 60ah and 120ah and see if it works, could be that ur battery power is totally drained or ur smart charger knob is low or ur battery is bad.....so increase ur charger knob to 100ah-120ah and if it works and charges full , u reduce it back to between 60ah snd 100ah
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
cool318:

let me give you my experience.
I bought a second hand 100aH battery, a 1000watt car inverter and the 20ah smart charger.
we only get electricity between the hours of 1.30am and 5am every day. during that time I charger my battery nonstop.
by 5pm I put on the inverter. it carries
1. 5 energy saving bulbs
2. two rechargeable fans
3. a Gotv decorder.
4. a portable DVD player with large TV screen.

of the bulbs at least 2 is on all the time as well as the rechargeable fans though not at full speed; the battery drains faster on that. the recorder and TV is on all the time. there is a plethora of phone and other chargers that are on as well.
I switch off everything by midnight when I'm about to go to sleep. thus I get 7 hours of electricity from my setup. I have two big generators I have not used in two weeks.
the moral of the story is the setup works and I also save on fuel.

I have an extra 20ah charger I want to sell when I find where I packed it; being looking for it for a while.
@ceejay, can you direct me on how to create a 12v pressing Iron?

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
Please how much did you get the used battery?
Leopantro:

I bought a second hand 100aH battery, a 1000watt car inverter and the 20ah smart charger.
we only get electricity between the hours of 1.30am and 5am every day. during that time I charger my battery nonstop.
1. 5 energy saving bulbs
2. two rechargeable fans
3. a Gotv decorder.

of the bulbs at least 2 is on all the time as well as the rechargeable fans though not at full speed; the battery drains faster on that. the recorder and TV is on all the time. there is a plethora of phone and other chargers that are on as well.
I switch off everything by midnight when I'm about to go to sleep. thus I get 7 hours of electricity from my setup. I have two big generators I have not used in two weeks.

I have an extra 20ah charger I want to sell when I find where I packed it; being looking for it for a while.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 7:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
Turks:
Please how much did you get the used battery?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
Also, how much did the setup cost you please? Thanks sir.
Leopantro:

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
Leopantro:

1. 5 energy saving bulbs
2. two rechargeable fans
3. a Gotv decorder.

I like your analysis. If I may suggest, why not use the fan of your part of the time the inverter is on, and why is the DVD player and Decoder on at d same time?
Nice set up!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cool318(m): 10:10pm On Nov 27, 2016
Leopantro:

1. 5 energy saving bulbs
2. two rechargeable fans
3. a Gotv decorder.

Nice analysis you have, commendable but I don't see any load here.
It cannot work for me here that for straight 4 days or more you haven't seen PHCN.
In that case your gen must be up and running if you must run things in the house.
Am seeking for a total Power independence, which I know with the inspiration Ceejay infused into us here, it must be feasible.
I will keep the house posted !!!!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 10:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
timifakay:

I like your analysis. If I may suggest, why not use the fan of your part of the time the inverter is on, and why is the DVD player and Decoder on at d same time?
Nice set up!

I remove the batteries from the rechargeable fans so the fans are not being used and charging the fan batteries at the same time. one fan is charging while the other is being used; when the battery is fully charged, I remove the battery and use the fan while the other fan is charging. the DVD player I mean are those portable players that have a screen and in built battery. I bought one with the largest screen I could find. the audio AV cables from the decorder I connected to a Bluetooth loudspeaker with Line in option. the speakers are quite loud. I also have a 1TB HDD filled with films; when I want to watch that I connect my Wii to the DVD player.

the Gotv is mainly for my wife to watch telemondo.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
Please I intend to have a 100ah setup to use with the following appliances.

A 65watts LED TV
A GoTV decoder
A laptop charger
A couple of phone chargers
And a small standing fan.

Please help calculate how long [in hours] the battery would last for if used at a stretch. Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
Turks:
Also, how much did the setup cost you please? Thanks sir.

1. 100ah battery = 20k
2. Smart charger = 8k
3. 1000 watt inverter = 15k
4. rechargeable fans = 15k each
5. portable DVD player = 12k
6. Energy saving bulbs = N400 each

got everything early this year so except the prices to have gone up.

I use to spend 4K each week on fuel to run my generators

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 6:22am On Nov 28, 2016
Thanks a lot sir.
Leopantro:

1. 100ah battery = 20k
2. Smart charger = 8k
3. 1000 watt inverter = 15k
4. rechargeable fans = 15k each
5. portable DVD player = 12k
6. Energy saving bulbs = N400 each

got everything early this year so except the prices to have gone up.

I use to spend 4K each week on fuel to run my generators
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
Leopantro:

1. 5 energy saving bulbs
2. two rechargeable fans
3. a Gotv decorder.

u cant create a 12v DC pressing iron urself, u just have to go to the market and buy one, saw it on konga.ng

/12v-dc-solar-pressing-iron-with-battery-clamp-2994147

u can get it cheaper in alaba international market, not sure if its available at oshodi army arena but u can try there

u can also check somebody has it there for 10k and its about 13k plus on konga

http://kosofe./solar-energy-products/solar-dc-pressing-iron-3480372.html?p=10des_dsa_all&gclid=CjwKEAiAyO_BBRDOgM-K8MGWpmYSJACePQ9CZB5MnrTw7ohm6zxjedp3cORjKYcdqUznJmE9_S0HcxoCmiPw_wcB

dont pay to any bodys acct, go to his shop a buy

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
Please help
Turks:
Please I intend to have a 100ah setup to use with the following appliances.

A 65watts LED TV
A GoTV decoder
A laptop charger
A couple of phone chargers
And a small standing fan.

Please help calculate how long [in hours] the battery would last for if used at a stretch. Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
Turks:
Please help

go to the first 3 pages of this thread to learn how to calculate the total load. it will last long, the only issue will be the laptop charger; don't put on the laptop while charging and the setup will last long.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
ceejay80s:

u cant create a 12v DC pressing iron urself, u just have to go to the market and buy one, saw it on konga.ng

/12v-dc-solar-pressing-iron-with-battery-clamp-2994147

u can get it cheaper in alaba international market, not sure if its available at oshodi army arena but u can try there

u can also check somebody has it there for 10k and its about 13k plus on konga

http://kosofe./solar-energy-products/solar-dc-pressing-iron-3480372.html?p=10des_dsa_all&gclid=CjwKEAiAyO_BBRDOgM-K8MGWpmYSJACePQ9CZB5MnrTw7ohm6zxjedp3cORjKYcdqUznJmE9_S0HcxoCmiPw_wcB

dont pay to any bodys acct, go to his shop a buy

thanks a lot. I'm happy its now in Lagos. at a certain time it could only be gotten in kano.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Intellab(m): 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
ceejay80s:

Turn the knob of ur smart charger to be above 60ah or between 60ah and 120ah and see if it works, could be that ur battery power is totally drained or ur smart charger knob is low or ur battery is bad.....so increase ur charger knob to 100ah-120ah and if it works and charges full , u reduce it back to between 60ah snd 100ah
Is between 60ah and 120ah. Also, my battery gets hot while charging. It doesn't evaporate anything, but the hotness can fry potatoes.
This started recently.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:01am On Nov 29, 2016
Intellab:

Is between 60ah and 120ah. Also, my battery gets hot while charging. It doesn't evaporate anything, but the hotness can fry potatoes.
This started recently.

ur battery is bad, not sure if adding distilled water will work but if u can buy distilled water, pour in to ur battery 6 holes and then charge again, its no guarantee that it will work o! but try it, and make sure its distilled water u buy and not pure water or ragolis water, go to a very big pharmacy shop and ask for it

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2016
Intellab:

This started recently.
There is no water in your battery. Stop charging the battery, add distilled water and charge it, it will work. I had the same experience. My battery is working fine now.
Less i forget, while charging, leave the holes open so that excess distilled will spill off. Good luck

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Intellab(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
vitality22:

There is no water in your battery. Stop charging the battery, add distilled water and charge it, it will work. I had the same experience. My battery is working fine now.
Less i forget, while charging, leave the holes open so that excess distilled will spill off. Good luck
Thanks for your reply. I don't seem to see any hole for adding distilled water.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by viky5676: 12:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
Buy fullriver batteries directly from the sole importer (IDYLLIC TECHNOLOGIES). fullriver batteries are the best for all your inverter and ups needs. We also have Eaton UPS and EGE solar panels.

Call 08029783663
Thank you
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
viky5676:
Buy fullriver batteries directly from the sole importer (IDYLLIC TECHNOLOGIES). fullriver batteries are the best for all your inverter and ups needs. We also have Eaton UPS and EGE solar panels.

Call 08029783663
Thank you

Could you give us available sizes and prices
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by viky5676: 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
saint2ace:

Could you give us available sizes and prices

Here are prices of some of our products:

Eaton 650va.------------ 19,0000
1100va. ----------- - 45,000
1500va. ------------ 55,000

Batteries

12v 5ah. ------------- 4,500
12v 7.2ah. ------------- 6,300
12v 10ah. -------------- 8,000

You can call in for other batteries and ups specifications 08029783663.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
vitality22:

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2016
Idyllictechnologies 100ah battery goes for 60k. I confnfirmed today
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by JosephYbholy(m): 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nice one dear!!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
Turks:
Idyllictechnologies 100ah battery goes for 60k. I confnfirmed today

I laff in spanish, no wonder the person posting the advert didn't bother to state those sizes and prices. That means 200ah batteries will ne 110 - 120k, nice one..... lol grin

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
Exactly my thoughts grin But their batteries are the best from what I heard.
saint2ace:

I laff in spanish, no wonder the person posting the advert didn't bother to state those sizes and prices. That means 200ah batteries will ne 110 - 120k, nice one..... lol grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.