Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. (1541 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Not A South East Leader Of Thought- Presidency / Reply To Can Igbos Survive Without Lagos? / Can Igbos Survive Without Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by uchedydy: 8:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
I have been thinking, and imagining, what would the south west be like without Lagos, I.e if Lagos wasn't the capital and did not have those precolonial links. Coz for me Lagos was built by all, oyibo, igbos, Hausa inclusive.

So now, I ask, imagine a south west without Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by cheruv: 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
Unimaginable!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Zeus777: 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
uchedydy:
I have been thinking, and imagining, what would the south west be like without Lagos, I.e if Lagos wasn't the capital and did not have those precolonial links. Coz for me Lagos was built by all, oyibo, igbos, Hausa inclusive.

continue imagining .b4 u know it u will be imagining what ibadan would Hv been without ogun state....continue!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by phyllosilicate(m): 8:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
Op how would this imagination affect your life? By the way I am not yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by jamex93(m): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
wat do u mean by DAT en
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Omololu007(m): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
uchedydy:

if u lik,imagin till next two year,lagos is in d south west....enugu,onitsha and d rest of ibo land was build by oyinbos,yorubas,hausa etc

9 Likes

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
its all thanks to the ports. no ports, no lagos
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by graciousolo(m): 8:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
We imagine but which kin bad belle u no be?

1 Like

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by deleib(m): 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
uchedydy:

imagine a biafra without south south. Imagine a south south without oil.

U can't move 4ward with all this ur miopic thinking. Everything happens 4 a reason. Just understand dat.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by uchedydy: 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
Dnt know y una dey shout...I only asked a question... Answer and movie on, don't wail..DS is not APC , PDP matters. Wailers everywhere.
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by ibedun: 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
OP is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder brought on from realising that Lagos is Yorubaland and not igboland as he has been told all his life by uncle Chukwuma.

11 Likes

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by ArodewilliamsT: 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Oboy serious hunger would have sent the yolobas into extinction.

1 Like

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by uchedydy: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2015
Am an Igbo man ooo, but am not a wailer, in fact I thank the Yoruba's for contributing to chasing the clueless one from otueke back to the creeks. But let's face it...imagine a SW without Lagos
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
uchedydy:
Am an Igbo man ooo, but am not a wailer, in fact I thank the Yoruba's for contributing to chasing the clueless one from otueke back to the creeks. But let's face it...imagine a SW without Lagos

Imagine Nigeria without Lagos. You people are becoming increasingly severely senseless.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by StOla: 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
A South West without Lagos was the pace setter region of pre-independent Nigeria.

No need for imagination, consult your history books because it already happened.

It had the 1st university in Nigeria located in Ibadan because the British located where it was needed and where the people demanded for such higher education.

It built the tallest building in West Africa.

It established the 1st television station in all of Africa.

It enforced free and compulsory education for all. Even if there were naked kids, that should not hinder the education of the mind, thus building the human capital that will keep it ahead and worth catching up to by the other regions.

It established industrial estates all over and incorporated an investment company that would ensure the harnessing of its resources to ensure regional sustainability.

10 Likes

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by vicadex07(m): 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ode, before lagos or even Nigeria was Ibadan. Wonder why Ibadan has large clusters of brown roofs? Those are evidences of early civilization, the earliest of any kind in Nigeria. Ibadan has long been the commercial capital of Nigeria long before independence or the 1914 amalgamation. Focus was only shifted to Lagos after it became the capital

Now wonder and dream on bigot
uchedydy:

5 Likes

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by vicadex07(m): 4:00am On Aug 16, 2015
Thank you. Those Igbos are poor at history
StOla:
A South West without Lagos was the pace setter region of pre-independent Nigeria.

No need for imagination, consult your history books because it already happened.

It had the 1st university in Nigeria located in Ibadan because the British located where it was needed and where the people demanded for such higher education.

It enforced free and compulsory education for all. Even if there were naked kids, that should not hinder the education of the mind, thus building the human capital that will keep it ahead and worth catching up to by the other regions.

It established industrial estates all over and incorporated an investment company that would ensure the harnessing of its resources to ensure regional sustainability.
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by tpiander: 4:09am On Aug 16, 2015
stale news, op.

you folks like running around half cocked every time any little info gets to your ears.
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 16, 2015
This igbo guys can think like their brain was clicked on rewind....

6 Likes

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Bollove: 5:26am On Aug 16, 2015
uchedydy:

Upon all the things bothering your life to imagine !!!
Have you imagine urself without brain ....Ohhh, Imagine you are a madman and right now you are crazy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 16, 2015
uchedydy:
Imagine the United kingdom without England's London.
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Flyoruboy(m): 6:10am On Aug 16, 2015
StOla:

Lol. Perfect response. If there was no Lagos, that still wouldn't have prevented the South East encroachers/almajiris from flooding Yorubaland. Without Lagos, Ogun would be in its place coz Ogun too has access to the sea, as does Ondo. cheesy.

Even as it stands, according to the last 2006 census, 2 SW states (Lagos [#1] and Oyo [#5]) are in the top 5 most populous states in Nigeria. Ogun (#16), Ondo (#18), and Osun (#19) are in the top 20. The SE positions on the list are as follows: Anambra (#10), Imo (#14), Enugu (#22), Abia (#28), Ebonyi (#34). In other words, 5 SW feature in the top-20 against just 2 from the SE. cheesy

So in a nutshell, with or without Lagos, West will still be the best. cheesy cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Flets: 6:16am On Aug 16, 2015
Imagine if Lagos was never the nation's capital? ...... Lagos would have been like Osun and the entire SW would have been ceeded to Benin Republic

Imagine if a SE state was ever the nation's capital, that region would have competed with Singapore.

Imagine if they allowed true federalism to thrive, the north would have since explored its potential and would have been feeding Africa, the SE would have been the industrial hub of the continent....... not sure what would have become of the SW

Unfortunately, we have to live with the fraud called Nigeria for the SHORT TERM.
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by spenca: 6:23am On Aug 16, 2015
Imagine you without your brain
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Flets: 6:23am On Aug 16, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Lol. Perfect response. If there was no Lagos, that still wouldn't have prevented the South East encroachers/almajiris from flooding Yorubaland. Without Lagos, Ogun would be in its place coz Ogun too has access to the sea, as does Ondo. cheesy.

Even as it stands, according to the last 2006 census, 2 SW states (Lagos [#1] and Oyo [#5]) are in the top 5 most populous states in Nigeria. Ogun (#16), Ondo (#18), and Osun (#19) are in the top 20. The SE positions on the list are as follows: Anambra (#10), Imo (#14), Enugu (#22), Abia (#28), Ebonyi (#34). In other words, 5 SW feature in the top-20 against just 2 from the SE. cheesy

So in a nutshell, with or without Lagos, West will still be the best. cheesy cheesy.

As it stands today.... the population of the SW and north is a liability to the Nigerian state because its still an unproductive and consuming population.

Tell me what how that population have added to that region.

Isreal as a nation boasts of only 7 million people yet a nation to reckon with.
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Flyoruboy(m): 6:25am On Aug 16, 2015
Flets:
Imagine if Lagos was never the nation's capital? ...... Lagos would have been like Osun and the entire SW would have been ceeded to Benin Republic

Imagine if a SE state was ever the nation's capital, that region would have competed with Singapore.

Unfortunately, we have to live with the fraud called Nigeria for the SHORT TERM.

Lol. Chai! Guy, just kukuma go ahead and blame God for not being so kind to your people. grin.
Don't worry, Biafra us on its way grin grin. More fasting and prayers will do it grin
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Flyoruboy(m): 6:38am On Aug 16, 2015
Flets:

As it stands today.... the population of the SW and north is a liability to the Nigerian state because its still an unproductive and consuming population.

Tell me what how that population have added to that region.

Isreal as a nation boasts of only 7 million people yet a nation to reckon with.

Hahahaha. SW contributes more to the Nigerian state than your almajiri lot. You all will cannibalize yourselves without migrating to our region. SW makes more non-oil contributions than any other region to the FG -- our 3 land borders (Oyo, Ogun, Lagos) generate the FG no less than $5mln a piece monthly, not to mention our sea ports. Obiano said all the chicken meat that feeds the entire SE comes from Oyo state alone. Lagos and Ogun alone account for no less than 70% of Nigeria's industrial output. Our Cocoa exports generates billions to the FG annually. Go and ask how many billions the British-American Tobacco company pays to the FG from their operations in Oyo state no thanks to her farmers. Ondo contributes Oil. So hell yeah we are paying more than our fair share in dues.

Your parasitic region enjoys these contributions amongst others in the form of distributed allocations. Your people also overburden other states via migration than any other, yet you have the effrontery to talk crap.? ? Nigga, you gat nerve o! Pray tell what your people contribute besides importation of fake products and drug peddling? Or is that the SW fault too? ?

4 Likes

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by scholes0(m): 6:44am On Aug 16, 2015
MUMU op
Obviously, without Lagos, Ibadan would have been in a Much HIGHER position than it is today. Ibadan was actually doing very very well during the period of regional governments..... That cocoa house in Ibadan (tallest in West Africa for a long time), UI (First institution of higher earning in all of Nigeria), West Africa's first TV station, first indigenous Nigerian newspaper, UCH etc are testaments to that. It was very multicultural and had people from all over Naija.
Lagos is that younger brother, that took a lot of what was supposed to it's elder bro, Ibadan..... But Alas both are still proudly South Western.

3 Likes

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by ibedun: 6:45am On Aug 16, 2015
Imagine your life without you papa.....en?

1 Like

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by Flyoruboy(m): 6:49am On Aug 16, 2015
scholes0:
MUMU op
Obviously, without Lagos, Ibadan would have been in a Much HIGHER position than it is today.
Lagos is that younger brother, that took a lot of what was supposed to it's elder bro, Ibadan..... But Alas both are still proudly South Western.

Imagine the ignoramus o? As it stands, even without Oil, Oyo state GDP is #4 on the last released official list (behind Lagos, Rivers and Delta -- and I am sure it would rank second if not for Rivers and Delta Oil factor). Upon all the mouth they make, they don't have the data/numbers to back up any tangible value they add to the national commonwealth.
Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by scholes0(m): 6:58am On Aug 16, 2015
What was the Entire South East before 1960?
Rubbish! ... Keep Imagining, very soon, you will imagine what Japan will be without Tokyo and What Egypt will be without Cairo, and will become of Singapore without Singapore itself.

3 Likes

Re: Imagine A South-west Without Lagos. by pontirock(m): 7:00am On Aug 16, 2015
Flets:

Imagine if they allowed true federalism to thrive, the north would have since explored its potential and would have been feeding Africa, the SE would have been the industrial hub of the continent....... not sure what would have become of the SW

(1) (2) (Reply)

Owerri Based Legal Practitioner Drags Gov. Rochas To EFCC / Why Ngozi And Her Family Will Remain Rich And Comfortable / Four Outstanding Ministers From President Goodluck Jonathan’s Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.