Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Senators, Representatives And Academic Qualifications. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators, Representatives And Academic Qualifications. (9173 Views)

Okorocha’s Free education: The Fraud and Academic Crisis / 2015: Buhari Fails To Submit Academic Qualifications To INEC / Trends Of Epistemic Oppression And Academic Dependency In Africa’s Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators, Representatives And Academic Qualifications. by hilli666(m): 8:16pm On Mar 09, 2009
@ davidif "Also, most CEO's do have degree's, because guys like warren buffet and bill gates don't does not mean that the remaining 98% do not. "

Even though I agree whole heartedly with you on the importance of education in Nigeria. I was want to correct an error you might have inadvertantly made in your comment regarding Warren Buffet.
"Buffett was educated at Woodrow Wilson High School, Washington, D.C. in 1947.[18] He first enrolled at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, (1947–1949), but then transferred to the University of Nebraska in 1950, where he received a B.S. in Economics.[19] He then received a M.S. in Economics, Columbia University, in 1951. Buffett was employed at 1951–1954 Buffett-Falk & Co., Omaha—Investment Salesman, then 1954–1956 Graham-Newman Corp., New York—Securities Analyst, then 1956–1969 Buffett Partnership, Ltd., Omaha—General Partner, then 1970–Present Berkshire Hathaway Inc, Omaha—Chairman, CEO". (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett) Retrived March 9th 2009

Thanks
Re: Senators, Representatives And Academic Qualifications. by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Mar 10, 2009
No matter how we look at it, it is important for all the office holders, Senators and House of Reps to be well educated with degrees, common, even Ooni of Ife went to school.
Re: Senators, Representatives And Academic Qualifications. by simplysmat(m): 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2009
Anybody that is educated can never understand the stupid behaviours of the members of the lower house. It's an obvious issue of education, or a serious lack of it in this case. This problem, the way I see it, is one the reasons why Nigerias educational system will continue to be in the doldrums for the next 4 years.
When we have illiterates in places of power, there is no way there can be relevant progress made in any aspect of life in Nigeria. All of them should go and shit.
Re: Senators, Representatives And Academic Qualifications. by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 14, 2009
Paper qualification has nothing to do with one's intelligence. Its because of the high emphasis on qualifications in Nigeria that people go about forging certificates in order to be successful. Lets start to change our orientation and take people for what they are, and not their degrees.
Re: Senators, Representatives And Academic Qualifications. by fegflu: 2:06am On Mar 15, 2009
Thank you very much for these words of yours- HIV4all.

Let us start taken people for what they are and not their degrees.
Re: Senators, Representatives And Academic Qualifications. by Becomrrich: 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2009
OSewa, so listen to people here. look listen to me , go to school. I telll you university of maryland offers masters degree in software engineering. Why i want you to read software engineering is that it would help you would nairaland. You see in software engineering we have what they call primary keys and secondary keys and from the various element you would be able to know which element to make unique and which one to make as primary keys.

It help you with the back end of your system. And you would be able to modify the querys. and you could even write the code to modified your system. You would learn how to link the software to mobile and other important things. you would like it.
set you mind to do this now. keep the good work.
Re: Senators, Representatives And Academic Qualifications. by tuborme: 7:26am On Mar 18, 2009
there is so much difference between being literate and being educated. Check out the two words in your dictionary. Most graduates produced in nigeria are just mere literates; many are daunce. I could remember in 2004, a cordinator of computer sc courses in a federal university does not know what a cdwriter is and what a flash drive is. Yet he holds a first class degree from unilag. i read computer sci, but i never saw a computer for once through out my stay in a federal university. Nigeria is in crisis. Everything i know today after my secondary school (which i did in a catholic school) i learnt on my own.

Check the reputable and principled nigerians and the kind of education they had. Soyinka, zik, ojukwu, ken nnamani, bola tinubu, okonjo, etc. They have one thing in comon ; principles and analysis before they act. Our legislators in most cases analyse only their pockets.
Do d best you can to move nigeria foward.
Re: Senators, Representatives And Academic Qualifications. by jamace(m): 4:31am On Mar 29, 2010
We need Genuine LEADERSHIP, please. Enough of of these OYEWOLE/TORONTO/CASH & CARRY certificates angry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? / Deputy Governor Of Adamawa Visits Refugees Deported From Cameroon / Lagos Trains, Equips 100 Newly Recruited Firefighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.