Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics (63708 Views)

Is This The World's Thinnest Phone Charger? / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery / How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by seunlayi(m): 6:35am On Oct 31, 2015
dexterinc2003:
I think d usb cable attached to the charger also matters.i have the nokia usb cable that charges so fast,no matter what type of charger or laptop i attach the phone to.Too bad they dont sell the nokia usb cables,they only come with some phones.

Go for this new age charger, it is cheap - (around 7-8 hundred naira), the cable is better than most Nokia and Samsung cable, charges faster, durable, etc it is the only charger we use here. You will come back here to say thank you. It is available in most stores
ArcToyin:
Informative
dexterinc2003:
I think d usb cable attached to the charger also matters.i have the nokia usb cable that charges so fast,no matter what type of charger or laptop i attach the phone to.Too bad they dont sell the nokia usb cables,they only come with some phones.

Go for this new age charger, it is cheap - (around 7-8 hundred naira), the cable is better than most Nokia and Samsung cable, charges faster, durable, etc it is the only charger we use here. You will come back here to say thank you. It is available in most stores

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by seunlayi(m): 7:02am On Oct 31, 2015
New age charger

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by larrypourl(m): 8:44pm On May 12, 2017
SkinnyDude:
dont know what is wrong with this my itel 1503 battery... it doesnt last... discharges fastly... and i just bought it last two weeks...

Bro for a phone battery of 4000mah, is it advisable to use a 5=3.5a charger without much wear and retaining the charged power ?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by okikiosibodu(m): 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
greenhulk:

Fast enough, better than most average chargers and would charge any phone fast no matter how big the battery is.

But I still wanna see a charger that would beat my Samsung charger rated at 5.3V-- 2A
Brother, good evening to you. I have come across some of you posts here in Nairaland on different threads and I feel you will be in a good position advice me better.. I just acquired an iphone 6s of recent cos I got bored. Really bored... Of Android OS all of a sudden. IOS got my fancy all of a sudden. Just like you, I used to tweak my android device and it was almost impossible to use a phone that is not rooted. I was using infinix note 3 pro (the (4g is as useless as letter please in psychology). Cut the long story short...The charge time of my iphone is a big concern. I used a charger with output 5V 1.5A to charge it at 50% and used my follow come infinix charger charge my infinix charger at 33%. The infinix phone got full before the iPhone.
I have tried to use my infinix adapter to charge the iPhone but for over 2 hrs, it is stil not full. I made some research online (that was how I came across this thread) and saw some white folks debating it and some said iPad charger with output rating of 5V 2.1A wit 10W or 12W is the safest and fastest charger for iPhone... How true is this? I timed a friends iphone she charged an iPad charger with a rating 5V 2.4A, and it charged at the rate of 1% every 2 mins... Which I consider to be long.....considering I use an infinix phone wit a flash charge option. Sorry for my long story o... Please wat is the output spec for a charger / adapter that is safe to charge my iPhone 6s fast?
@Eddyland, your input will also be appreciated here. Will love to learn one or two things from you two. Thank you in anticipation for your anticipated outstanding responses

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 19, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Brother, good evening to you. I have come across some of you posts here in Nairaland on different threads and I feel you will be in a good position advice me better.. I just acquired an iphone 6s of recent cos I got bored. Really bored... Of Android OS all of a sudden. IOS got my fancy all of a sudden. Just like you, I used to tweak my android device and it was almost impossible to use a phone that is not rooted. I was using infinix note 3 pro (the (4g is as useless as letter please in psychology). Cut the long story short...The charge time of my iphone is a big concern. I used a charger with output 5V 1.5A to charge it at 50% and used my follow come infinix charger charge my infinix charger at 33%. The infinix phone got full before the iPhone.
I have tried to use my infinix adapter to charge the iPhone but for over 2 hrs, it is stil not full. I made some research online (that was how I came across this thread) and saw some white folks debating it and some said iPad charger with output rating of 5V 2.1A wit 10W or 12W is the safest and fastest charger for iPhone... How true is this? I timed a friends iphone she charged an iPad charger with a rating 5V 2.4A, and it charged at the rate of 1% every 2 mins... Which I consider to be long.....considering I use an infinix phone wit a flash charge option. Sorry for my long story o... Please wat is the output spec for a charger / adapter that is safe to charge my iPhone 6s fast?
@Eddyland, your input will also be appreciated here. Will love to learn one or two things from you two. Thank you in anticipation for your anticipated outstanding responses

First of all, the iPhone 6s does not have any form of fast charging so charging it with infinix flash charger will not make any difference.

I think charging the iPhone 6s with the follow come charger will take around 2hr 45mins to fully charge while using an iPad charger or a charger rated at 5v 2.1A will charge fully at around 2 hours.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by okikiosibodu(m): 8:27am On Jul 19, 2018
greenhulk:

First of all, the iPhone 6s does not have any form of fast charging so charging it with infinix flash charger will not make any difference.

I think charging the iPhone 6s with the follow come charger will take around 2hr 45mins to fully charge while using an iPad charger or a charger rated at 5v 2.1A will charge fully at around 2 hours.
I know it doesn't have flash charge, thank you. Is there any charger that can chat he it faster that the 5V 2.1A charger? In short, is there any charger that can get the job done in less than 2hrs without compromising the health of the battery?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 19, 2018
okikiosibodu:

I know it doesn't have flash charge, thank you. Is there any charger that can chat he it faster that the 5V 2.1A charger? In short, is there any charger that can get the job done in less than 2hrs without compromising the health of the battery?

That I'm not sure. Though the phones support 2.1A, I'm not sure it's safe to use any charger above 2.1A as it's still going to charge at 2.1A anyway. Did u notice it charges faster between 0-80% (1hr 30mins or so) and from 80-100% would take another 1 hr or so.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by okikiosibodu(m): 1:54am On Jul 20, 2018
greenhulk:

That I'm not sure. Though the phones support 2.1A, I'm not sure it's safe to use any charger above 2.1A as it's still going to charge at 2.1A anyway. Did u notice it charges faster between 0-80% (1hr 30mins or so) and from 80-100% would take another 1 hr or so.
Yes. I actually noticed it. I read up on it that it is a mechanism pit in place to ensure the battery charges well just like flash charge in enabled devices. Thank you for you time
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by saxby(f): 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2018
supposedly, i believe the type of charger has a lot to do with how fast the phone will charge.like the charger i use now on my tecno k7 charges fast but not as fast as when i use my mums charger o.
okikiosibodu:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.