Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics (63698 Views)

Is This The World's Thinnest Phone Charger? / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery / How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by SporaD8: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
doskie:

for non science students

Q=IT

where Q is your battery capacity

I is current in Amperes

and T is time in hours.

simply make T the subject of formula.
You guys seems to be missing the plot - using alphabet to represent the subject of an equation Is the most annoying aspect of math to a non-science student!
As you whole grooming resolve around symbols and equations so u r better prepare to understand it.
For non-science student,
Divide your battery capacity(this written in MA on your battery) by your charger capacity(it is written on your charger in MA) = how long it will take for your battery to be fully charged.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by powerfulsettingz: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
[quote author=ikombe post=35549158][/quote]

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by damiloladuke: 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
my charger charges car battery

CHECK MY SIGNATURE IF YOU WANNA LAUGH TIRE TODAY
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
koyla:

OK,sorry guys,if some found it difficult to understand the explanation of quick and slow charging calculation.
No School matters,No offence.
NO OFFENCE TAKING
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by fathomberry: 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
@OP you can lie o.

Like you've. Not seen chinco charger with outrageous voltage. undecided
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Mekzmoney(m): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
Demophoto:
Seems u are using my type of charger
Its a 9ice charger.. It charges faster.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by pavanvandaal: 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
I have found very good explanation here http://www.explainthatstuff.com/how-battery-chargers-work.html. It was very interesting to read.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Success1sMine: 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
good info @op. just know the reason my 2 chargers are very slow. they are 700mA & 800mA. Thanks
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by tosins(m): 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
Pls what abt output5v-1.8A
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by dexterinc2003: 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
I think d usb cable attached to the charger also matters.i have the nokia usb cable that charges so fast,no matter what type of charger or laptop i attach the phone to.Too bad they dont sell the nokia usb cables,they only come with some phones.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Gablo500(m): 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
eddyland:
Your phone charger might be a slow charger or a fast one. If you charge your phones with fast chargers, you will definitely enjoy charging phones in this epileptic power nation.

Now here is a simple visual physics experiment that you can do even now to know whether your phone charger is a slow or fast charger.

Pick up that your charger now and look at the output power ratings; if you see 5V----1A or like this 5V----1000mA or anything less than that 1000mAh, then you shoulgld immediately know that you have a slow phone charger. But if you see 5V----2A or in this format 5V----2000mA or more, then you have a fast phone charger.
Source: http://highteknology..com/2015/07/how-to-detect-fast-and-slow-smartphone.html

Hey Boss whic one s better is it the slow or tthe Fast?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by doskie(m): 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
SporaD8:

You guys seems to be missing the plot - using alphabet to represent the subject of an equation Is the most annoying aspect of math to a non-science student!
As you whole grooming resolve around symbols and equations so u r better prepare to understand it.
For non-science student,
Divide your battery capacity(this written in MA on your battery) by your charger capacity(it is written on your charger in MA) = how long it will take for your battery to be fully charged.
if you didnt spy maths in waec at least you should know how to substitute and make subject formula out of very simple expressions.
for instance; I read engineering, but I will never think the past tense of go is wented. an English or literature student should know better than me. but if I hold a senior secondary school leaving certificate, at least I should know the past tense of go

we are not going to encourage mediocrity because of a lazy few.
I did electrical installation for a white man in lekki who read accounting and till this moment it baffles me how much he knew about my field. thats what basic education does when its effective.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
paperlord007:
WAt about 1.3A

Fast enough for blackberry bold or z series. Also fast enough for Nokia symbian phones. Very slow for flagship android phones like lg g3, g4, Samsung galaxy s5, s6, galaxy note, etc.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by guente02(m): 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
dexterinc2003:
I think d usb cable attached to the charger also matters.i have the nokia usb cable that charges so fast,no matter what type of charger or laptop i attach the phone to.Too bad they dont sell the nokia usb cables,they only come with some phones.
The quality of a usb cable is easily know from its thickness. This is because thick usb cable has the tendency to allow the flow of large currents without giving up. When u make use of slim cables it'll take a longer time to charge ur device and if the current is much the cable will burn and possibly bridge but it shouldn't be a problem to ur phone since there is a blocking diode.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mekzmoney:
What about 5 =1.8A? Imput 100-240v ~ 300mA.

Fast enough, better than most average chargers and would charge any phone fast no matter how big the battery is.

But I still wanna see a charger that would beat my Samsung charger rated at 5.3V-- 2A

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by guente02(m): 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
Please don't go about saying that when you charge a 4000mah battery with a 5v 2A it will take 2 hours....Nwanne thats fallacious because just as you know life is not fair so also is the efficiency of the transformer converting the AC to DC not 100%. It should be around 80% so applying that factor charge time should be around 2hrs 20-35mins depending on cpu usage.

5 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by guente02(m): 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
greenhulk:

Fast enough, better than most average chargers and would charge any phone fast no matter how big the battery is.

But I still wanna see a charger that would beat my Samsung charger rated at 5.3V-- 2A
My brother its not the voltage that charges a battery na current so unless urs is more than 2A abeg politely bring down ur hands with ur camera wey its auto focus no get focus.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by professore(m): 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
Thanks for this
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
dexterinc2003:

There are quality USB cables on the market, even better than the Nokia USB cable. The problem is, HOW MUCH ARE U WILLING TO PAY FOR A USV CABLE? I bought my Samsung travel charger for N3,500, rated at 5.3V--2.0A. Some people will call me crazy but that charger is damn fast, the only charger that can charge my LG G3 within 45 mins. Other chargers (apart from follow come) will charge for 2 hours and still don't get to 100%.

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Silensa(m): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
koyla:
Adding something small,,,,time taken for your charger to charge your battery depends on your charger and your battery capacity.
Assuming you have a battery capacity of 4000mAh.
charger x has 1000mA=1A
charger y has 2000mA=2A
to know the time taken for charger x/y to charge your 4000mAh full, divide the battery capacity by the charger output. The answer gives you the time to complete a full charge.
charger x will take approximately 4hours while charger y takes approximately 2hours to fully charge your 4000mAh battery.

How is this even simple?
you wan disgrace me small?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by emerich(m): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
dexterinc2003:
I tell U, to me that's the most determining factor, I had this follow come tecno USB cord that came with my pad, that cord is the bomb, it charges my pad along side it charger in less than an hour to full capacity, even my bold 5 that takes me over 3 hours to get full charge with my bb charger can be charged in less than an hour also and I noticed my bold 5 retains It's charge longer with my tecno charger, It's unfortunate I can't seem to find it to replace after it became bad.
I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 USB cord but the tecno usb cord was way faster than it and also the thickness of a cord too don't determine how fast a charger would be cos I noticed tecno usb cords comes in slimmer fashion and are arguably the fasted cord U can get.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by saintbeckie(f): 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nice one,its an eye opener. God bless d Op

Original Stone Coated roof tiles from DS Southkorea(50 yrs warranty) and Step Tile Aluminum now for sale in Abeokuta@Wholesales price. Available in different colors and designs. For more inquiries and quotation,CALL/WHATSAPP 08034116430

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
guente02:

My brother its not the voltage that charges a battery na current so unless urs is more than 2A abeg politely bring down ur hands with ur camera wey its auto focus no get focus.

Sorry my oga. Is this focus enough for you?

1 Share

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by initialize(m): 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
eddyland:
Your phone charger might be a slow charger or a fast one. If you charge your phones with fast chargers, you will definitely enjoy charging phones in this epileptic power nation.

Now here is a simple visual physics experiment that you can do even now to know whether your phone charger is a slow or fast charger.

Pick up that your charger now and look at the output power ratings; if you see 5V----1A or like this 5V----1000mA or anything less than that 1000mAh, then you shoulgld immediately know that you have a slow phone charger. But if you see 5V----2A or in this format 5V----2000mA or more, then you have a fast phone charger.
Source: http://highteknology..com/2015/07/how-to-detect-fast-and-slow-smartphone.html

****I'm just seeing this....

Your topic will make many people destroy their phone batteries if they desire a quick charge and drop the charger that came with their device to pick one that will charge faster. State clearly which charger type should be used for a particular battery rating.

If your battery capacity is below 2500mah, kindly stay away from a 2.1A rated charger. It will charge your battery faster truly buy your lowly rated battery will not be able to sustain the charge gained for a longer duration like it would if you used a 1.0A which is meant for phones with 1000mah - 2000mah battery capacities.

If your battery is rated above 2500mah never use a 1000mah charger at anytime, even when you visit your friend and quickly want to take advantage of power since there's shortage in your area. Be wise to know that it will lead to increase wear of rating of the battery and thus make it swell in some situation while at other time the battery can loose power totally and will need to be replaced for you to be able to use your phone again.

I sell Phones and Tablets for a living so i'm very sure of what i typed.

...::: You can check my Phone sales thread by clicking on the link in my signature:::::..... Thanks

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by SkinnyDude(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
koyla:
Adding something small,,,,time taken for your charger to charge your battery depends on your charger and your battery capacity.
Assuming you have a battery capacity of 4000mAh.
charger x has 1000mA=1A
charger y has 2000mA=2A
to know the time taken for charger x/y to charge your 4000mAh full, divide the battery capacity by the charger output. The answer gives you the time to complete a full charge.
charger x will take approximately 4hours while charger y takes approximately 2hours to fully charge your 4000mAh battery.
dont know what is wrong with this my itel 1503 battery... it doesnt last... discharges fastly... and i just bought it last two weeks...
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by initialize(m): 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
SkinnyDude:
dont know what is wrong with this my itel 1503 battery... it doesnt last... discharges fastly... and i just bought it last two weeks...

....:::::Read my post just above yours::::....
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Oluwaplumpie(m): 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
eddyland:
u no know say many ppl detest maths? When u don start to d mention x/y here and dier and den com put division on top, u don wan begin create confusion be dat na..dat is why I said simple physics 4 everybody to understand... lol...bro, I got ur calculation fully. It even depends on so many other parameter not listed here, but we jst wana knw which is a fast charger or a slow one. But thanks 4 d addendum
Lmao!
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by koyla: 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
Silensa:

How is this even simple?
you wan disgrace explain me small?
Sorry Sir, not that way,do you know a class 2 boy taught me long division when I was in class 5?
lol so don't think like that,its normal
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by buchi16(f): 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
hmm,i tot it was goin to b smtn more practical dan lookin at d volt....isssorite
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by eddyland: 5:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
initialize:

Your topic will make many people destroy their phone batteries if they desire a quick charge and drop the charger that came with their device to pick one that will charge faster. State clearly which charger type should be used for a particular battery rating.

If your battery capacity is below 2500mah, kindly stay away from a 2.1A rated charger. It will charge your battery faster truly buy your lowly rated battery will not be able to sustain the charge gained for a longer duration like it would if you used a 1.0A which is meant for phones with 1000mah - 2000mah battery capacities.

If your battery is rated above 2500mah never use a 1000mah charger at anytime, even when you visit your friend and quickly want to take advantage of power since there's shortage in your area. Be wise to know that it will lead to increase wear of rating of the battery and thus make it swell in some situation while at other time the battery can loose power totally and will need to be replaced for you to be able to use your phone again.

...::: You can check my Phone sales thread by clicking on the link in my signature:::::..... Thanks
if only u read d full details u might appreciate it better, dat is why d source link is dier 4 all who wants to digest d info. For sure, it is not advisable to go using high current to fast charge a very low capacity batteries. But d ratings given above is a general one and most phones these days fall within d category where charging with does ratings won't be harmful to d batteries. Whar was given above was within a safe limit
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by eddyland: 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
initialize:

again let me tell u, a friends original phone charger which was a fast charger got damaged, he went and replaced it wit slow and lower ratings charger without knowing. If only he even read dis post, he might have don better in d replacement
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Sunymoore(m): 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
if you are using a phonw with a snapdragon chip, download 'ampere'. the app will show you how much current your phone is drawing from a charger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.