Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics (63706 Views)

Is This The World's Thinnest Phone Charger? / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery / How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by DSuperWoman(f): 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
u try well well.are u speaking russian
SporaD8:
Make I add mine...
Basing your choice of phone on it battery capacity(ma), with the believe that it would lead to more working-hour could be misleading. Some phones CPU consume more powers hence their higher battery rating.
The best bet is to use the talk-time and idle-time parameters. This explain why a Nokia 3310 of 500ma battery capacity works 4days on end without charge whereas a smartphone of 3000ma battery capacity on work 34hrs before it next charge
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by bosunjohns(m): 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
eddyland:
Your phone charger might be a slow charger or a fast one. If you charge your phones with fast chargers, you will definitely enjoy charging phones in this epileptic power nation.

Now here is a simple visual physics experiment that you can do even now to know whether your phone charger is a slow or fast charger.

Pick up that your charger now and look at the output power ratings; if you see 5V----1A or like this 5V----1000mA or anything less than that 1000mAh, then you shoulgld immediately know that you have a slow phone charger. But if you see 5V----2A or in this format 5V----2000mA or more, then you have a fast phone charger.
Source: http://highteknology..com/2015/07/how-to-detect-fast-and-slow-smartphone.html
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by DSuperWoman(f): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
thanks for this info. u wont believe im going through this issue currently. this post was what I needed all this while
eddyland:
Your phone charger might be a slow charger or a fast one. If you charge your phones with fast chargers, you will definitely enjoy charging phones in this epileptic power nation.

Now here is a simple visual physics experiment that you can do even now to know whether your phone charger is a slow or fast charger.

Pick up that your charger now and look at the output power ratings; if you see 5V----1A or like this 5V----1000mA or anything less than that 1000mAh, then you shoulgld immediately know that you have a slow phone charger. But if you see 5V----2A or in this format 5V----2000mA or more, then you have a fast phone charger.
Source: http://highteknology..com/2015/07/how-to-detect-fast-and-slow-smartphone.html

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by engrjacuzzi: 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
eddyland:
u no know say many ppl detest maths? When u don start to d mention x/y here and dier and den com put division on top, u don wan begin create confusion be dat na..dat is why I said simple physics 4 everybody to understand... lol...bro, I got ur calculation fully. It even depends on so many other parameter not listed here, but we jst wana knw which is a fast charger or a slow one. But thanks 4 d addendum

the addendum point is the calculation involved, while the dedendum point is that the information was well noted.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by MOORCHMOORE(m): 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by SporaD8: 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2015
DSuperWoman:
u try well well.are u speaking russian
Lolz! I know how it sounds.
...but those are phones(tech) words it will be meaningless to a layman.
Mind to learn the codes?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by lamborghinifcb(m): 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
pat077:
What is the battery rating?

INPUT:100-240V FREQUENCY~50-60Hz. 0.15A OUTPUT:5.0V=0.7A.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by lamborghinifcb(m): 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
eddyland:
most probably, the phone itself was built with a quick charge technology and not from the charger.....it was well detailed in the link above

ok....maybe. dat probably xplains it den.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by paperlord007(m): 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
its charger rating
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Chillinmasoul(m): 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
Informative.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Mekzmoney(m): 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
Like seriously? U bot d charger or it comes with ur phn?

greenhulk:

Fast enough, better than most average chargers and would charge any phone fast no matter how big the battery is.

But I still wanna see a charger that would beat my Samsung charger rated at 5.3V-- 2A
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by ademasta(m): 12:33am On Jul 07, 2015
koyla:
Adding something small,,,,time taken for your charger to charge your battery depends on your charger and your battery capacity.
Assuming you have a battery capacity of 4000mAh.
charger x has 1000mA=1A
charger y has 2000mA=2A
to know the time taken for charger x/y to charge your 4000mAh full, divide the battery capacity by the charger output. The answer gives you the time to complete a full charge.
charger x will take approximately 4hours while charger y takes approximately 2hours to fully charge your 4000mAh battery.
General Koyla stop decieving yourself... That's not all about the factors! Did you put in consideration ''when there is low voltage''? Will your phone still charge up at your calculated time?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 07, 2015
This your analysis is a poor one. So what I am charging a 10000mA power bank?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by vicshownero(m): 6:53am On Jul 07, 2015
eddyland:

This is what i will say, stick to the input rating of your device, if the input asked for 5v, 1A,u will be doing your self more harm than good if you are looking for a fast way of charging it and u now use 5v,2A input to charge it. ... . Those that rate ur devices are not fools... .. ... once again, stick to the rating of your device!
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by koyla: 7:17am On Jul 07, 2015
ademasta:

General Koyla stop decieving yourself... That's not all about the factors! Did you put in consideration ''when there is low voltage''? Will your phone still charge up at your calculated time?
OK Captain ademasta, stop deceiving yourself... where in the post did you see "this is the only factor".
You are considering " low voltage ", what about " high voltage "? The scientists didn't use " low voltage " for this calculation. I hope you understand now.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Pronmix(m): 7:40am On Jul 07, 2015
koyla:
Adding something small,,,,time taken for your charger to charge your battery depends on your charger and your battery capacity.
Assuming you have a battery capacity of 4000mAh.
charger x has 1000mA=1A
charger y has 2000mA=2A
to know the time taken for charger x/y to charge your 4000mAh full, divide the battery capacity by the charger output. The answer gives you the time to complete a full charge.
charger x will take approximately 4hours while charger y takes approximately 2hours to fully charge your 4000mAh battery.
Bros awesome stuff but you want to "difficulting" the whole issue :-)

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by koyla: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2015
Pronmix:
Bros awesome stuff but you want to "difficulting" the whole issue :-)
Sorry bros,explanation was based on examples of two chargers x and y.
where x and y makes the confusion, right?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Pronmix(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2015
koyla:
Sorry bros,explanation was based on examples of two chargers x and y.
where x and y makes the confusion, right?
Honestly its quite a simple calculation but you know some ppl dread anything calculations to the barest form.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by damatolnew: 8:48am On Jul 07, 2015
Please what is the appropriate rating/capacity of adaptor charger to be use in charging a 30,000mah power bank?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by MrDoGood(m): 9:42am On Jul 07, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
check mine below
All these fake app wey una dey download
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by eddyland: 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
damatolnew:
Please what is the appropriate rating/capacity of adaptor charger to be use in charging a 30,000mah power bank?
just check the body of power Bank, u will see the input ratings for the power bank. Then check the charger output ratings, if it is d same with d input on d power bank, den u should know it is the best rating for charging it.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by ademasta(m): 10:39am On Jul 08, 2015
koyla:

OK Captain ademasta, stop deceiving yourself... where in the post did you see "this is the only factor".
You are considering " low voltage ", what about " high voltage "? The scientists didn't use " low voltage " for this calculation. I hope you understand now.
Laughing... you are welcome sir

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by DSuperWoman(f): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
No way! I've done enough of math, physics, even further math now you wan take codes add am. Mba. I've not even finish learning the codes to my own blog now you wan take phone code add am. any which way sha if you are willing to teach some blog codes in a language I can understand I might be willing to learn
SporaD8:

Lolz! I know how it sounds.
...but those are phones(tech) words it will be meaningless to a layman.
Mind to learn the codes?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Carlcaresophia: 10:48am On Jul 09, 2015
SkinnyDude:
dont know what is wrong with this my itel 1503 battery... it doesnt last... discharges fastly... and i just bought it last two weeks...
Hi! Maybe you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues to check it for you. If you need us to send you the contact information of our service center, pls tell us the city and state you're living in now. Thank you!
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by DSuperWoman(f): 8:47am On Jul 13, 2015
do you have any advice for memory cards. Im about to buy a memory a memory card how do i know which is the right one to buy.
eddyland:

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by tosins(m): 10:24am On Jul 13, 2015
Pls what is d appropriate charger for charging a 12000mah power bank
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by meshachdbuzz(m): 11:16am On Jul 13, 2015
Burger01:
Mine is 5V----3.5A. No wonder my phone charges in 20 minutes cheesy
guy were u for see 3.5A
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by free37: 10:50am On Jul 16, 2015
Good.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by ArcToyin(m): 10:32am On Jul 19, 2015
Informative
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Sike(m): 5:12am On Oct 31, 2015
eddyland:
u no know say many ppl detest maths? When u don start to d mention x/y here and dier and den com put division on top, u don wan begin create confusion be dat na..dat is why I said simple physics 4 everybody to understand... lol...bro, I got ur calculation fully. It even depends on so many other parameter not listed here, but we jst wana knw which is a fast charger or a slow one. But thanks 4 d addendum
wow! *claps*
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by seunlayi(m): 6:33am On Oct 31, 2015
dexterinc2003:
I think d usb cable attached to the charger also matters.i have the nokia usb cable that charges so fast,no matter what type of charger or laptop i attach the phone to.Too bad they dont sell the nokia usb cables,they only come with some phones.

Go for this new age charger, it is cheap - (around 7-8 hundred naira), the cable is better than most Nokia and Samsung cable, charges faster, durable, etc it is the only charger we use here. You will come back here to say thank you. It is available in most stores

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.