Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics (63709 Views)

Is This The World's Thinnest Phone Charger? / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery / How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original (2) (3) (4)

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by uzo200(m): 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
end time

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Tbillz(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nice tips. I just discovered i was living with inanimate tortoise all these while. My charger is slower than GEJ'S ADMINISTRATION. TIME TO CHANGE

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Mekzmoney(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
What about 5 =1.8A? Imput 100-240v ~ 300mA.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by jesuloba1234(m): 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
hugogerrard:
I like this simple tip. It'd sure help me obtain a better phone in the nearest future
not a better phone, but a better phone charger.... No offenses
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Haywhymido(m): 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
woah, dis tip go dey useful for 3310 nokia phone ooo.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Burger01(m): 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mine is 5V----3.5A. No wonder my phone charges in 20 minutes cheesy
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by itzWarner(m): 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hmmmmm,so you're telling me that my iPhone charger wey dem put inside the box na slow one??

Idontbelivit
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
roperpole:

is it easy.. paying almost 5k for blown chagers
grin It is not easy... I admit. Nonetheless, I was referring to the charging current not brand names.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by ikombe: 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
check mine below

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by boujaye: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
eddyland:
Your phone charger might be a slow charger or a fast one. If you charge your phones with fast chargers, you will definitely enjoy charging phones in this epileptic power nation.

Now here is a simple visual physics experiment that you can do even now to know whether your phone charger is a slow or fast charger.

Pick up that your charger now and look at the output power ratings; if you see 5V----1A or like this 5V----1000mA or anything less than that 1000mAh, then you shoulgld immediately know that you have a slow phone charger. But if you see 5V----2A or in this format 5V----2000mA or more, then you have a fast phone charger.
Source: http://highteknology..com/2015/07/how-to-detect-fast-and-slow-smartphone.html

what you dont know is bigger down you. thanks for the info.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
koyla:
Adding something small,,,,time taken for your charger to charge your battery depends on your charger and your battery capacity.
Assuming you have a battery capacity of 4000mAh.
charger x has 1000mA=1A
charger y has 2000mA=2A
to know the time taken for charger x/y to charge your 4000mAh full, divide the battery capacity by the charger output. The answer gives you the time to complete a full charge.
charger x will take approximately 4hours while charger y takes approximately 2hours to fully charge your 4000mAh battery.

BROTHER, WE KNOW SAY YOU GO SCHOOLS WELL WELL.
BUT TRY MAKE AM SIMPLE SUCH THAT EVEN ANIMAL GO FIT READ AND UNDERSTAND AM.

THATS WHY OYIBO DEY ALWAYS GET SENSE PASS BLACK PEOPLE, WE WON SHOW SAY WE TO OVER SABI AM undecided

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Demophoto: 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
NICE TIP..... MAKE I CHECK MY CHARGER ASAP
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by samsard(m): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
eddyland:
u no know say many ppl detest maths? When u don start to d mention x/y here and dier and den com put division on top, u don wan begin create confusion be dat na..dat is why I said simple physics 4 everybody to understand... lol...bro, I got ur calculation fully. It even depends on so many other parameter not listed here, but we jst wana knw which is a fast charger or a slow one. But thanks 4 d addendum
Guy you funny die. But what you said is actually true, a lot of people don't find maths funny at all.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
Most of the Samsung chargers are rated 2A and above.

They charge batteries faster and compatible with BlackBerry phones grin

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Leiman100(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
hugogerrard:
I like this simple tip. It'd sure help me obtain a better phone in the nearest future
not phione they say 'charger'!
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Demophoto: 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mekzmoney:
What about 5 =1.8A? Imput 100-240v ~ 300mA.
Seems u are using my type of charger
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Donchyze(m): 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
eddyland:
Your phone charger might be a slow charger or a fast one. If you charge your phones with fast chargers, you will definitely enjoy charging phones in this epileptic power nation.

Now here is a simple visual physics experiment that you can do even now to know whether your phone charger is a slow or fast charger.

Pick up that your charger now and look at the output power ratings; if you see 5V----1A or like this 5V----1000mA or anything less than that 1000mAh, then you shoulgld immediately know that you have a slow phone charger. But if you see 5V----2A or in this format 5V----2000mA or more, then you have a fast phone charger.
Source: http://highteknology..com/2015/07/how-to-detect-fast-and-slow-smartphone.html

Samsung Galaxy s6 edge is superb is not rest than 10 minutes charging

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by koyla: 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
sonofananimal:

BROTHER, WE KNOW SAY YOU GO SCHOOLS WELL WELL.
BUT TRY MAKE AM SIMPLE SUCH THAT EVEN ANIMAL GO FIT READ AND UNDERSTAND AM.

THATS WHY OYIBO DEY ALWAYS GET SENSE PASS BLACK PEOPLE, WE WON SHOW SAY WE TO OVER SABI AM undecided
OK,sorry guys,if some found it difficult to understand the explanation of quick and slow charging calculation.
No School matters,No offence.

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by doskie(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
koyla:
Adding something small,,,,time taken for your charger to charge your battery depends on your charger and your battery capacity.
charger x has 1000mA=1A
charger y has 2000mA=2A
to know the time taken for charger x/y to charge your 4000mAh full, divide the battery capacity by the charger output. The answer gives you the time to complete a full charge.
charger x will take approximately 4hours while charger y takes approximately 2hours to fully charge your 4000mAh battery.
for non science students

Q=IT

where Q is your battery capacity

I is current in Amperes

and T is time in hours.

simply make T the subject of formula.

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by lamborghinifcb(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
gud piece of info....but funny enough mine is 5.0v==> 0.7A (Samsung charger o) and it charge my phone @ the speed of light....any explanation for that
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by koyla: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
doskie:
for non science students
Q=IT
where Q is your battery capacity
I is current in Amperes
and T is time in hours.

simply make T the subject of formula.
simple
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by pat077: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
lamborghinifcb:
gud piece of info....but funny enough mine is 5.0v==> 0.7A (Samsung charger o) and it charge my phone @ the speed of light....any explanation for that
What is the battery rating?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
ok....... thanks
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by eddyland: 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
lamborghinifcb:
most probably, the phone itself was built with a quick charge technology and not from the charger.....it was well detailed in the link above
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by tunatrezy(m): 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mine is 5V------750, guess its fake. But e don last die for ma hand
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by eddyland: 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
tunatrezy:
Mine is 5V------750, guess its fake. But e don last die for ma hand
might not really be fake, but just a slow charger
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by phransix147(m): 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
Pray China guys don't see this tip...
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by bigfrancis21: 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
eddyland:

koyla:
charger x has 1000mA=1A
charger y has 2000mA=2A

These are quite helpful!

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
DollyParton1:

You just had to complicate the simple tip.

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Lawalolasimbo: 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
This forum is indeed educative!
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
mine is 5v-----450A.......Very very fast
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Kingbilo(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nice one bro.. I have also noticed that short cords are faster than longer ones.. Have you noticed this as well?

Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription