Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,783 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Catholics Pray Through Mary (30192 Views)

Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / Why Catholics And Protestants Cant Unite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
btoks:

Following your point on the Bereans, how come the Tessalonians did not agree with Paul’s teaching after going through the same scriptures in the preceding verses Acts 17:1-10 but tried to put Paul into trouble?? Also,New Testament books were not completed at this point, so the Bereans were looking through the Old Testament. I wonder why the majority of Jews never accepted Jesus as Messiah after all they’ve been reading the Torah for Centuries. 
Some in Thessalonica believed while others did not. Some Jews, who caused the riot were only able to convince those who did not believe. Know that not everyone will believe the scriptures even when one is shown the truth from them.

What mattered to the Bereans was to see from the scriptures, whether OT or NT, if what Paul taught them were true. This is how christians ought to check the scriptures to see if what they are taught in church are true or not.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Some in Thessalonica believed while others did not. Some Jews, who caused the riot were only able to convince those who did not believe. Know that not everyone will believe the scriptures even when one is shown the truth from them.

What mattered to the Bereans was to see from the scriptures, whether OT or NT, if what Paul taught them were true. This is how christians ought to check the scriptures to see if what they are taught in church are true or not.

When Paul told them there was no need for circumcision, which part of scripture did they check to confirm?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Syncan:

When Paul told them there was no need for circumcision, which part of scripture did they check to confirm?
In order to be clarified I asked you who you were referring to as regards circumcision. This was b/c I never mentioned circumcision in that post about the Bereans.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Which people are you referring to?

Same people you were talking about in your post.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Syncan:

Who?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Who?

Artful dodger, the berean Jews as stated in your post.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by anukulapo: 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jusmudi:
"... then the king sat on his throne, and had a
throne brought for the king's mother, and she sat on
his right. Then she said, 'I have one small request to
make of you, do not refuse me.' And the king said to
her, 'Make your request, my mother, for I will not
refuse you.'" [1 Kgs. 2:19-20]

So can you tell us the result of the queen's request from her son? Please quote the bible verses following the one you quoted above. SMH

Jusmudi:
As some non-Catholics pray through their deceased parents, grandparents or other biological relatives, asking these beloved departed persons to intercede before God on their behalf, Catholics pray through Mary to Jesus, taking advantage of her blessed position as the Mother of God.
By non-catholics,which group are you referring to? Praying through their deceased parents...? You are unbelievable.
On your way into the ditch that you gladly look forward to falling into.

P.S.
Your OP is all a catechism joke I suppose.

1 Like

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2015
Syncan:

I did not write anything about the Berean Jews and circumcision. Go back and check my post.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 9:55am On Jul 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

I did not write anything about the Berean Jews and circumcision. Go back and check my post.

Oga, your post said this :

What mattered to the Bereans was to see from the scriptures, whether OT or NT, if what Paul taught them were true.

We know part of paul's teaching was that there wasn't need for circumcision Gal 5:2. Now, Knowing the importance of circumcision at that time, which book did the bereans search to confirm Pauls teaching on circumcision?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2015
Syncan:

Oga, your post said this :

We know part of paul's teaching was that there wasn't need for circumcision Gal 5:2. Now, Knowing the importance of circumcision at that time, which book did the bereans search to confirm Pauls teaching on circumcision?
Wait a minute! Of course I know that Paul taught the Gentile christians that there was no need for them to be circumcised. But, are you trying to impose on me what I did not write in order to lay hold on something? Did I write on anything concerning the Berean christians or jews and circumcision in any of my posts, which you claimed I did?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Wait a minute! Of course I know that Paul taught the Gentile christians that there was no need for them to be circumcised. But, are you trying to impose on me what I did not write in order to lay hold on something? Did I write on anything concerning the Berean christians or jews and circumcision in any of my posts, which you claimed I did?

Now he claims not to understand again. Ok, let's make it simple.

@ first bold: Which part of scripture did paul get that teaching from?

@ Second bold: Were the bereans Jews or Gentiles?

Stop being defensive, be open to truth even if it differs from your initial thought, only the truth sets one free.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
Syncan:

Now he claims not to understand again. Ok, let's make it simple.

@ first bold: Which part of scripture did paul get that teaching from?

@ Second bold: Were the bereans Jews or Gentiles?

Stop being defensive, be open to truth even if it differs from your initial thought, only the truth sets one free.
You wrote that I said something which I did not. You could not point it out from any of my posts. Instead of admittting that, you left the question unanswered and have gone ahead to throw questions at me. Now you claim I am being defensive. Go ahead! Point out in my posts where I talked about the Bereans and circumcision as you stated that I did. Then the discussion will continue.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

You wrote that I said something which I did not. You could not point it out from any of my posts. Instead of admittting that, you left the question unanswered and have gone ahead to throw questions at me. Now you claim I am being defensive. Go ahead! Point out in my posts where I talked about the Bereans and circumcision as you stated that I did. Then the discussion will continue.

Please point out in any of my posts where i said you talked about "bereans and circumcision"?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
Syncan:

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
Which people are you referring to?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Syncan:

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Syncan:

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
Syncan:

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
Syncan, I was very careful to ask you who you were referring to as regards circumcision. You wrote that they were the Bereans. From the above posts, can you show me where I talked about Bereans and circumcision which you said I was referring to?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
Syncan, I was very careful to ask you who you were referring to as regards circumcision. You wrote that they were the Bereans. From the above posts, can you show me where I talked about Bereans and circumcision which you said I was referring to?

I am sure people can see beyond your play acting mr man. This is what you said below:

Barnabaseloka:

The issue now is, What did Paul teach the Bereans? Now hear yourself:

Barnabaseloka:

Wait a minute! Of course I know that Paul taught the Gentile christians that there was no need for them to be circumcised.

Berean is in Greece, a Gentile region. If you say Paul taught the gentile Christians that there is no need for circumcision, as seen above, what are you quarreling about if i imply that he taught the Bereans that circumcision is not needed, are Bereans not Gentiles?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
Syncan:

I am sure people can see beyond your play acting mr man. This is what you said below:

The issue now is, What did Paul teach the Bereans? Now hear yourself:

Berean is in Greece, a Gentile region. If you say Paul taught the gentile Christians that there is no need for circumcision, as seen above, what are you quarreling about if i imply that he taught the Bereans that circumcision is not needed, are Bereans not Gentiles?
You keep twisting issues here. I know Bereans are gentiles, yet it is not the issue at hand now. The simple question is: Did I say anything that talked about Bereans and circumcision? Were you not the person that connected it to Bereans, and went ahead to lay claim that I made reference to it? Was it not when you linked Bereans and circumcision that I wrote on Gentile christians and circumcision? I am ready to answer your questions, but show me where in my posts I talked about Bereans and circumcision as you claimed I posted.

You tried to impose on me what I did not write so that you would argue a point. I hope you remember I asked you who you were referring to when you mentioned the issue of circumcision? You wrote Berean Jews. Now, you have turned around to claim that I did.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 9:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

You keep twisting issues here. I know Bereans are gentiles, yet it is not the issue at hand now. The simple question is: Did I say anything that talked about Bereans and circumcision? Were you not the person that connected it to Bereans, and went ahead to lay claim that I made reference to it? Was it not when you linked Bereans and circumcision that I wrote on Gentile christians and circumcision? I am ready to answer your questions, but show me where in my posts I talked about Bereans and circumcision as you claimed I posted.

You tried to impose on me what I did not write so that you would argue a point. I hope you remember I asked you who you were referring to when you mentioned the issue of circumcision? You wrote Berean Jews. Now, you have turned around to claim that I did.

I really thought I was gonna have a conversation with a Christian, little did i know I shouldn't be so sure. It was you who said the bereans searched scriptures to confirm what Paul taught them. Berean is a gentile city, and you know that Paul taught the Gentiles that circumcision is not needed, you know all these. But when I asked you to show me which scripture they searched to confirm a particular teaching of Paul which is "circumcision is not needed", you start to cry wolf where there is none. What is the need to show you where you said Paul taught the bereans that circumcision is not needed, when you said Paul taught them, is it not part of Paul's teaching? Did you specify anything Paul taught them? Stop making yourself a laughing stock to readers.

Yes I wrote berean Jews, thinking you even know what you're saying, but obviously you dont.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 11:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
Syncan:

I really thought I was gonna have a conversation with a Christian, little did i know I shouldn't be so sure. It was you who said the bereans searched scriptures to confirm what Paul taught them. Berean is a gentile city, and you know that Paul taught the Gentiles that circumcision is not needed, you know all these. But when I asked you to show me which scripture they searched to confirm a particular teaching of Paul which is "circumcision is not needed", you start to cry wolf where there is none. What is the need to show you where you said Paul taught the bereans that circumcision is not needed, when you said Paul taught them, is it not part of Paul's teaching? Did you specify anything Paul taught them? Stop making yourself a laughing stock to readers.

Yes I wrote berean Jews, thinking you even know what you're saying, but obviously you dont.
Keep on hurling insults at me in a mild way. You alleged I wrote something yet could not bring it out from my posts. When I requested you to show it to me, you turned around to say that I was crying wolf. If I leave you to go on, you will infer me wrongly again. The matter is: where you not the one that brought in the issue about the Bereans and circumcision which you said i did? Did you not do it so that I can show you how they searched the scriptures on it?
I will ask you this question again: Can you show me from my posts where I wrote about Bereans and circumcision which you alleged that I did?
Take it easy Syncan. I will answer your questions, but first of all clear the air on the question above.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 6:25am On Jul 14, 2015
Syncan:

Syncan, the issue here is not whether Paul taught the gentile christians that they should be circumcised or not. It is your inability to admit that I did not say anything concerning the Bereans and circumcision, which you alleged that I did. When I demanded that you should bring out where I talked about it in my posts, you turned around saying I was crying wolf. I understand you but you have failed to show me from my posts where I wrote on your alleged statement.

I know that Bereans christians are gentiles and so Paul must have taught them that there was no need for them to be circumcised.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 7:45am On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Syncan, the issue here is not whether Paul taught the gentile christians that they should be circumcised or not. It is your inability to admit that I did not say anything concerning the Bereans and circumcision, which you alleged that I did. When I demanded that you should bring out where I talked about it in my posts, you turned around saying I was crying wolf. I understand you but you have failed to show me from my posts where I wrote on your alleged statement.

I know that Bereans christians are gentiles and so Paul must have taught them that there was no need for them to be circumcised.

SMH. You know the bold, yet this was my precise question, which became a false accusation to you.

Syncan:

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 7:49am On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Keep on hurling insults at me in a mild way. You alleged I wrote something yet could not bring it out from my posts. When I requested you to show it to me, you turned around to say that I was crying wolf. If I leave you to go on, you will infer me wrongly again. The matter is: where you not the one that brought in the issue about the Bereans and circumcision which you said i did? Did you not do it so that I can show you how they searched the scriptures on it?
I will ask you this question again: Can you show me from my posts where I wrote about Bereans and circumcision which you alleged that I did?
Take it easy Syncan. I will answer your questions, but first of all clear the air on the question above.

I asked you a simple question earlier, which you have failed to answer, rather you copied and paste a whole conversation over again. Where exactly did i allege that you wrote about "the bereans and circumcision"? I need you to point out the exact sentence where i said you wrote about bereans and circumcision.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 9:52am On Jul 14, 2015
Syncan:

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 9:53am On Jul 14, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Experience Lagos 2017 "Jesus Our King" (Live Thread) / MFM Gives N91m To Members With First-Class / Oritsejafor At Celebration Of Life Of Falegan In Ekiti (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.