Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,861 members, 7,824,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (53138 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2015
zendy:
The man who killed Ironsi (General Theophilus Danjuma) is walking about today a free man. Will he ever answer for the murder of Ironsi? Never. That's Nigeria for you.

Note: 'Agu-Iyi' in Igbo means Crocodile but it can also be usd to refare to any 'Large Lizard' such as the commodore Lizard.

His brothers eliminated Tafawa Balewa (PM), Sir Ahmadu Bello (Sardauna) & Co.
It served him RIGHT!
Do me I do u, God no dey vex.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by philo3(m): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2015
I don't feel like commenting...hit like if u feel same
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by gbengus17: 10:59am On Jul 07, 2015
dont creat probelm for Danjuma. PLS TAKE NOTE IT WAS A REVENGE KILLING COS OF WHAT THE IBO SOILDERS DID IN KADUNA AND A LOT OF NORTHERN LEADERS WERE KILLED AND IBO LEADERS WERE NOT TOUCHED.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by DennisEche(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2015
chubaba1:
here in Taraba, some bliv dat TY Danjuma was d 1 who helped Ironsi get d magic stick in a village(Rafin-Kada) close to his country home.
u are right, i heard same from a military man attach to his escout team

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by frank043(m): 11:01am On Jul 07, 2015
Dindondin:
Aguiyi Ironsi, this thread made me remember you again. I feel you were just wasted. Meanwhile, you made a terrible mistake by not sentencing & enforcing the killing of Major Kaduna Nzeogwu & his over zealous January boys. If you v done that, TY Danjuma & his boys wouldn't v gone berserk.
Meanwhile, I wonder why these Igbo e-warriors on Nairaland never remember TY Danjuma as man that started the official killings of their men in power.
What moral justification do TY Danjuma v to lead rampaging northern military boys to go & kill Ironsi?
Nigeria is a sick country where justice rarely prevail for a common man not to talk of military coup!
TY Danjuma need to give accounts of why he & his boys killed Ironsi, Banjo & others in 1966.

Point of correction, it's not Lt Col Victor Banjo, it was Lt Col Adekunle Fajuyi. They were siezed in 2nd battalion(now 2nd division), and killed in a Bush along monatan in Oyo State.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by jatthobber(m): 11:04am On Jul 07, 2015
sukkot:
apparently before he was killed theophilus danjuma personally caned him ferociuosly with koboko or some stick after stripping him nak-ed before they shot him. lol fear hausa. they are ruthless

THE DEATH OF SIR TAFAWA BALEWA BY JOHN B. McINTOSH
"They arrested him, abducted him and took him to a number of places in
Lagos before finally taking him to the bush. Once there they tortured him,
beat him and humiliated him. They even forced him to drink alcohol and
smoke cigarettes- things that he had never done before in his life because
he was a good muslim.
When they finished having their way with him and having thier fun, he
gently asked them for permission to pray which they mockingly granted.
After he finished praying he said "igbo, igbo, igbo" and made the
following pronouncements on them, in very strong terms. He said they
would never rule Nigeria, they would be scattered, they would be hated,
they would suffer tragedy after tragedy and they would suffer scorn and disdain from their compatriots forever.
After that he looked at them
courageously in the eye and said "now you can kill your Prime Minister".
It was under these unfortunate circumstances that Sir Tafawa Balewa,
Nigeria's first Prime Minister, died in the hands of a group of very young
and ruthless igbo army mutineers led by Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna and
Captain Okafor in Lagos on the night of Jan 15th 1966". (John B. Mcintosh was a well respected British writer and historian who
was a leading authority on Nigerian history)
Achebe didnt made mention of this did he? Smh.
Via FFK

4 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Dindondin(m): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2015
frank043:

Point of correction, it's not Lt Col Victor Banjo, it was Lt Col Adekunle Fajuyi. They were siezed in 2nd battalion(now 2nd division), and killed in a Bush along monatan in Oyo State.
thank you
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Abayhormy(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2015
IamDino:
And TY Danjuma still walks about the nation scot free.Igbos really need a saviour.The next expository article should be about Don Jazzy's stick.

You are not even ashamed that it's you Igbos that did the first coup and the first Bloody coup in this country, and are the first to scuttle our democracy, Killing Northerners like Tafawa Balewa,a fine man(You need to research into the archives and watch his speeches, Very oratory, very english, u can't even tell he is a northerner from his queen's english accent.) and Ahmadu Bello.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Dindondin(m): 11:10am On Jul 07, 2015
jatthobber:

THE DEATH OF SIR TAFAWA BALEWA BY JOHN B. McINTOSH
"They arrested him, abducted him and took him to a number of places in
Lagos before finally taking him to the bush. Once there they tortured him,
beat him and humiliated him. They even forced him to drink alcohol and
smoke cigarettes- things that he had never done before in his life because
he was a good muslim.
When they finished having their way with him and having thier fun, he
gently asked them for permission to pray which they mockingly granted.
After he finished praying he said "igbo, igbo, igbo" and made the
following pronouncements on them, in very strong terms. He said they
would never rule Nigeria, they would be scattered, they would be hated,
they would suffer tragedy after tragedy and they would suffer scorn and disdain from their compatriots forever.
After that he looked at them
courageously in the eye and said "now you can kill your Prime Minister".
It was under these unfortunate circumstances that Sir Tafawa Balewa,
Nigeria's first Prime Minister, died in the hands of a group of very young
and ruthless igbo army mutineers led by Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna and
Captain Okafor in Lagos on the night of Jan 15th 1966". (John B. Mcintosh was a well respected British writer and historian who
was a leading authority on Nigerian history)
Achebe didnt made mention of this did he? Smh.
Via FFK
Cos Achebe was a bigot

3 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Lasese: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2015
I worn him but could not listing. I told him that Hausa people are animals with devilish minds. See them who believed in killing that's make u go to their heaven. One Nigeria for dream

God

Bless

Biafra my father land.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:19am On Jul 07, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Igbo started it in 1966 by killing Tafawa Balewa, Akintola & others ok. He who kill by d sword shall die by d sword ok. That karma 4 u

Kaduna Nzeogwu a Niger deltan who led the first coup is now an Igbo man. Tomorrow now u will come out again to say "Igbos are claiming Niger delta". Today, Niger delta and igbos are now same. Bloody hypocrites ! That's what u all are ... Keep deceiving urselves

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by CSTR2: 11:21am On Jul 07, 2015
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by CSTR2: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by jaymichael(m): 11:26am On Jul 07, 2015
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by CSTR2: 11:27am On Jul 07, 2015
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by steryj(m): 11:29am On Jul 07, 2015
zendy:

Don't talk like that. In civilised countries, if a person kills another person, be it in a military coup or not, be it 50 years ago or yesterday, even in self defence, there will be some sort of judicial enquiry into what happened. Even now in The Hague, second world war criminals are still answering for there crimes 70 years after that war ended. So don't try to cover the fact that because your country is backward, crimes should be forgotten.
It worths note that the Hague only works on petitions received from an individual, group or organization in any case before it. Since no organization or individual in Nigeria has ever pettioned the Hague on the perceived crime it could only mean no crime was committed.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by deebsman1(m): 11:31am On Jul 07, 2015
but military shouldn't have interfered bro, by today, we would have gotten it right democratically. In a typical military coup, the guy that will head the government subsequently after the coup might not be the main brain behind the coup plotting process but he would definitely be a member of the coup plotters.
bushdoc9919:

As I said....he did not plan the coup....and was targeted by the plotters.(They failed).

As for Nigeria's problems...they began with the massive corruption of the First Republic...and the massive rigging and violence of the 1964 and 65 elections.

Here is the Special Branch(now known as the DSS) report of the first coup: http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/nigeria_facts/MilitaryRule/Omoigui/1966Coup-PartThree.html
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Fadelex(m): 11:31am On Jul 07, 2015
zendy:
The man who killed Ironsi (General Theophilus Danjuma) is walking about today a free man. Will he ever answer for the murder of Ironsi? Never. That's Nigeria for you.

Note: 'Agu-Iyi' in Igbo means Crocodile but it can also be usd to refare to any 'Large Lizard' such as the commodore Lizard.
I can't remember Ironsi himself prosecuting Major Kaduna Nzeogu and his co-horts that carried out Jan 1st 1966 coup which killed Ahmadu Bello, tafawa balewa, ladoke akintola and so on. in the same coup that brought Ironsi to power.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:31am On Jul 07, 2015
zendy:

sad stuff really.

but then what about those people Ironsi and his boys killed? they also deserve justice......

we have a long way to go
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:34am On Jul 07, 2015
sukkot:
south east, how is ty danjuma still walking today, and not only is he still walking, he has commandeered an oil bloc in your region. where is your ' brave ' men at ? i guess there is none. yall only brave with the mouth grin

Keep fueling up the heat.. You and ur entire family will be the ones it will first consume. Mark my words

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 07, 2015
deebsman1:
but military shouldn't have interfered bro, by today, we would have gotten it right democratically. In a typical military coup, the guy that will head the government subsequently after the coup might not be the main brain behind the coup plotting process but he would definitely be a member of the coup plotters.

I agree fully, especially at the bolded.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by jaymichael(m): 11:36am On Jul 07, 2015
CSTR2:
Your insignificant ethnic group is cursed.
You child of curse and perdition. Did you even click the link? did u read the article? I did not write the article, one of your brothers did (and that is his personal opinion).
My ethnic group is blessed beyond any curse.
We are more significant than wherever the cave in hell you came from.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:37am On Jul 07, 2015
Fadelex:

I can't remember Ironsi himself prosecuting Major Kaduna Nzeogu and his co-horts that carried out Jan 1st 1966 coup which killed Ahmadu Bello, tafawa balewa, ladoke akintola and so on. in the same coup that brought Ironsi to power.

Major Nzeogu was arrested and was in prison awaiting trial b4 Ironsi was murder.. Go read ur history and stop guessing

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by disumusa: 11:38am On Jul 07, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
Hausa people and killing. It has tail undecided

Danjuma started boko in 1966 before this d.ullard
IBO what did you really want?

1) you are in Lock and log head war with Yoruba's whose naturally peaceful,reasonable not killing .

2) you ibo just have to accept hausa

3) if only se wants to seceat no problem but you wanted to go with other tribe that are not IBO I.e isekiri, akoko Edo , urobo, etc how can it work.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Mbediogu(m): 11:38am On Jul 07, 2015
IamDino:
And TY Danjuma still walks about the nation scot free.Igbos really need a saviour.The next expository article should be on Don Jazzy's stick.

Homo mortus in late Awo's voice. TY Danjuma. Ok na.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by CSTR2: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2015
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:41am On Jul 07, 2015
jaymichael:
You child of curse and perdition. Did you even click the link? did u read the article? I did not write the article, one of your brothers did (and that is his personal opinion).
My ethnic group is blessed beyond any curse.
We are more significant than wherever the cave in hell you came from.

You ethnic group is blessed and more significant . Yet! They are afraid to be on their own. Anyway Continue your lies, we are listening
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:42am On Jul 07, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
Hausa people and killing. It has tail undecided

Danjuma started boko in 1966 before this d.ullard

Bros, so danjuma started it eh? B4 Ironsi became head of state there was Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa who was seized and murdered by coup plotters (dey dint touch azikiwe oo) mostly of eastern origin, that's y ironsi became d head of state. Remember they also killed Finance minister Okotie-Eboh too, so d northerners never started d killings, easterners did!

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Fadelex(m): 11:43am On Jul 07, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Major Nzeogu was arrested and was in prison awaiting trial b4 Ironsi was murder.. Go read ur history and stop guessing
they were actually kept in prison just for d situation to calm down, those young army officers confessed to the planning and the execution of the coup, what evidence were they waiting for b4 execution? it was the delay of this justice that gave birth to July 1966 coup, they were later released to participate in biafra war (which nzeogu himself did not believe in).

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by 4dankey: 11:45am On Jul 07, 2015
Dindondin:
Aguiyi Ironsi, this thread made me remember you again. I feel you were just wasted. Meanwhile, you made a terrible mistake by not sentencing & enforcing the killing of Major Kaduna Nzeogwu & his over zealous January boys. If you v done that, TY Danjuma & his boys wouldn't v gone berserk.
Meanwhile, I wonder why these Igbo e-warriors on Nairaland never remember TY Danjuma as man that started the official killings of their men in power.
What moral justification do TY Danjuma v to lead rampaging northern military boys to go & kill Ironsi?
Nigeria is a sick country where justice rarely prevail for a common man not to talk of military coup!
TY Danjuma need to give accounts of why he & his boys killed Ironsi, Fajuyi & others in 1966.

Of all the posts, this one seems to make sense a lot. I will like to know more about what happened on that day.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:45am On Jul 07, 2015
disumusa:
IBO what did you really want?

1) you are in Lock and log head war with Yoruba's whose naturally peaceful,reasonable not killing .

2) you ibo just have to accept hausa

3) if only se wants to seceat no problem but you wanted to go with other tribe that are not IBO I.e isekiri, akoko Edo , urobo, etc how can it work.

Are those tribes dummies that can be taken without their consent? They have the right to decide where to start whether with you or with Igbos. A referendum is all it takes. So stop all this rubbish abt igbos wanting to take others. We are well civilized and humane
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by disumusa: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2015
deebsman1:
The is the man the lead the first coup that started all Nigeria's woos
IBO's are the cause ,Genesis of Nigeria problem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ease Of Lockdown Over COVID-19: Chaotic Scenes At Banks Unacceptable – Mustapha / Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm / Nnamdi Kanu: Militants Declare War On FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.