Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (53724 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
deebsman1:
enlightened soul, why would kaduna nzeogu an ibo man as well made dat 1st coup?? history will forever tag them as the first group of people that stunted the developmental growth of this country.
development you say? in a time when corruption was worse than what we are witnessing today, with shams held, and called election.

Even Awolowo protested against the sham called election and the corruption evident in the federal government, hence was put in calabar prison.

Once again, research and be enlightened.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Karlman: 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
ParrishNorwood:

Began in 2007 and set to end in 2015. But in your case, you're cursed forever! grin

Lolz

It will end when there is no single life left in the North of Nigeria. gringringrin

You're damned for eternity. gringringrin
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by disumusa: 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Euro31:
Yoloba people sef undecided undecided
na Yoruba go give you high blood pressure

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by deebsman1(m): 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Largas:
development you say? in a time when corruption was worse than what we are witnessing today, with shams held, and called election.

Even Awolowo protested against the sham called election and the corruption evident in the federal government, hence was put in calabar prison.

Once again, research and be enlightened.
u mean corruption was worse in the 60's than now, u must b a joker. And even at that, the military guys have no business in governance, the civilian populace can always sort themselves out.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by onoja12: 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
my friend please study history before you speak,do you know how many people were killed that brought agu to power

IamDino:
And TY Danjuma still walks about the nation scot free.Igbos really need a saviour.The next expository article should be on Don Jazzy's stick.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by agabusta: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
zendy:

Gabbage! I will have you know that after the war, all those who participated in the Nzeogwu coup which culminated in Ironsi coming to power were all arrested,dismissed from the Army and jailed. What happened to those like Danjuma,Buhari,Murtala,Walbe and Babngida who participated in the far more bloody counter coup that killed Ironsi? They were all promoted and those of them still alive today are billionaires. Selective justice I would say. Another thing about the Ironsi saga was that he had already surrendered. Military ethics dictate that a Soldier should never shoot another Soldier who has already surrendered. Instead, Danjuma and his cohorts took them into the bush and shot them point blank. That is murder. If Ironsi had died in an exchange of gunfire, it would be a different thing. Ironsi was murdered for being an Igbo man.

Pls stop this embarrassing whining. Have u ever heard the Hausas say those they lost to the first coup were killed because they were Hausas?

Have u ever heard the Yorubas engage in 'victim mentality' whining that Ademulegun was killed because he was Yoruba or that Fajuyi was killed because he was yoruba.

Fajuyi a great, loyal and brave soldier was murdered alongside Ironsi, have u ever heard such 'victim mentality' whining as regards him??

I don't have the time to reply to ur remaining epistle.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
deebsman1:

u mean corruption was worse in the 60's than now, u must b a joker. And even at that, the military guys have no business in governance, the civilian populace can always sort themselves out.
in an era where elecyns are rigged and the only chance for civilians populace to sort things out through the ballot box is eliminated. what then is the hope?

If the coup was totally successful. I would be very grateful. look at the level corruption has voucher Nigeria to.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by disumusa: 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
wingman:

Why dont you go to school and learn to read and write before getting on the internet. You re embarrassing us.
late almajiri's in north are more recon with than late agu ironsi
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by deebsman1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
i don't agree with u, all those things, even after the military intervened, has it been solved?? NO. So no need for militaries coming to interfere in a democracy, when something is in his infancy state, u leave it to mature and thats what Nigeria's democracy needs, thats if we still want to stay as one Nigeria
Largas:
in an era where elecyns are rigged and the only chance for civilians populace to sort things out through the ballot box is eliminated. what then is the hope?

If the coup was totally successful. I would be very grateful. look at the level corruption has voucher Nigeria to.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by frank043(m): 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
disumusa:
these ibos are natural ly ungrateful and selfish , ironsi new they are hunting for him , and he pretend to visit col.adekunle fajuyi ,and really fajuyi said his going to die with him as loyal army.

You talk without fact, and that's quite shameful . Gen. Ironsi was on a tour (round key military formations), what is being referred to now as 'presidential tour'. Which was quite normal in those days and it is still normal now. Try and get your facts right and stop being myopic and abusive. You burn calories doing that, and it won't put food on your table.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by wisdomguy4u(m): 5:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Patrick Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu ,
(1937–1967) was a Nigerian military officer
and revolutionary born in the Northern
Region ’s capital of Kaduna to Igbo
immigrant parents from the Mid-Western
Region-Okpanam Town, near Asaba in the
present day Delta State . Im now ur histroy teacher , u better salute me ur teacher. When u wont study ur country's histroy well. Ignoramus grin

You be Olodo to the core. Mid-western region is now part of Niger delta .. Mumu
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by wisdomguy4u(m): 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
When did Nzeogwu become a niger delta name? Abeg pack well.

Ameachi is it a Niger delta name ?
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

You be Olodo to the core. Mid-western region is now part of Niger delta .. Mumu
Person like fit fail exam with real expo. I tire 4 ur matter oooo
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by zendy: 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
agabusta:

Pls stop this embarrassing whining. Have u ever heard the Hausas say those they lost to the first coup were killed because they were Hausas?

Have u ever heard the Yorubas engage in 'victim mentality' whining that Ademulegun was killed because he was Yoruba or that Fajuyi was killed because he was yoruba.

Fajuyi a great, loyal and brave soldier was murdered alongside Ironsi, have u ever heard such 'victim mentality' whining as regards him??

I don't have the time to reply to ur remaining epistle.

At least you now know why the thinking of the average Nigerian is backward. Anyone willing to condone any sort of killing of anyone regardless of any ethnicity is sub-human. I'm Igbo and if Nzeogwu had been alive today, I would have called for his arrest too for the the death of the Saduana. That people can condone murder is truly astonishing.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Karlman:

Lolz

It will end when there is no single life left in the North of Nigeria. gringringrin

You're damned for eternity. gringringrin

We've seen maitatsine, we've seen the end f him, the end of BH and their insurgency is near as well.

But your curse bro, it's in your dna grin
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
X3n:

So they were there in the bush with balewa killers? how do pple believe such things, u re suppose 2 be more educated than that

And you're supposed to be educated enough yo know that If a story makes sense, it's probably true. Nothing in that story goes against the character f the igbos!

Read more about it here

http://www.informationng.com/2015/04/etcetera-are-ndigbos-cursed.html

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/34777/1/the-death-of-tafawa-balewa-the-segun-osoba-angle.html

A foolish igbo man recently tried to play on our intelligence and lie as they do often that he died of asthma, but we know, and we will never forgive.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Karlman: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
ParrishNorwood:

We've seen maitatsine, we've seen the end f him, the end of BH and their insurgency is near as well.

But your curse bro, it's in your dna grin

LOLZ

KEEP DELUDING YOUR SELF DOOMED FELLOW

NORTHERN NIGERIA NEVER EVEN SEE SOMETHING YET AS WAT U HAV THERE NOW IS THE CHIP OF THE ICEBERG. YOU DAMNED FELLAS THINK INSTALLING BUHARI WILL END THE BLOOD LETTING IN THE NORTH

FYI NOT EVEN YOUR PROPHET MUHAMMED CAN END YOUR CURSE. THATS THE FATE OF THE DAMNED gringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
Karlman:

LOLZ

KEEP DELUDING YOUR SELF DOOMED FELLOW

NORTHERN NIGERIA NEVER EVEN SEE SOMETHING YET AS WAT U HAV THERE NOW IS THE CHIP OF THE ICEBERG. YOU DAMNED FELLAS THINK INSTALLING BUHARI WILL END THE BLOOD LETTING IN THE NORTH

FYI NOT EVEN YOUR PROPHET MUHAMMED CAN END YOUR CURSE. THATS THE FATE OF THE DAMNED gringringringringringringringringringringringrin

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by agabusta: 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
zendy:

At least you now know why the thinking of the average Nigerian is backward. Anyone willing to condone any sort of killing of anyone regardless of any ethnicity is sub-human. I'm Igbo and if Nzeogwu had been alive today, I would have called for his arrest too for the the death of the Saduana. That people can condone murder is truly astonishing.

Beautiful. You are now condemning the crime as it should be and not trying to drum up ethnic sentiments.

I only took u up on one line, where u tried to appeal to ethnic sentiment in your post by saying "he was killed cos he is Igbo".

Both the first set of coupists and the second set are guilty of crime against the state and humanity.

No one is cordoning murder, but the moment u start saying so so person was killed because he is Igbo, people will lay the facts bare for u to see.

You are trying to distort history by saying the man was murdered because he is Igbo. That is totally false as I pointed out. The 2nd coup that led to his murder was the aftermath of the first coup that brought him into office.

Northerners see their leaders as mini-gods. And they believe so much in an eye-for-an-eye.

A lot of people warned Ironsi that he needs to give those coupists a swift trial and accord the normal military punishment to those found guilty. He did not heed the advice despite several warnings that majority of people over there were bitterly calling for justice. Not only were those Northern leaders killed, they were also humiliated both before they were killed and after they were gruesomely murdered.

Ironsi risked his life and those of others by not swiftly according justice. The bitterness arising from his refusal to avenge the murder of their leaders emboldened the 2nd set of coupists to their evil bid.

To you what I just wrote may seem like justification for the 2nd coup. But that is not the intention.

What i'm trying to drum into u is that he was not murdered because he is Igbo as falsely raised by u, but because of his dilly dallying in according justice.

The 2nd coup is equally and definitely a wicked and callous act, but try and condemn it as it is without appealing to ethnic sentiments by claiming he was murdered because of his ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by X3n(m): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
ParrishNorwood:

And you're supposed to be educated enough yo know that If a story makes sense, it's probably true. Nothing in that story goes against the character f the igbos!

Read more about it here

http://www.informationng.com/2015/04/etcetera-are-ndigbos-cursed.html

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/34777/1/the-death-of-tafawa-balewa-the-segun-osoba-angle.html

A foolish igbo man recently tried to play on our intelligence and lie as they do often that he died of asthma, but we know, and we will never forgive.

1stly, You re blinded by ur hatred for the tribe, see how u generalised the character of a whole region. 2ndly, 'probably true' and 'categorically true' are not the same, u stated that they were cursed, that means u re categorically stating that it is true. 3rdly, lets assume that it is in the xter of the igbos to do such, is it also in the xter of balewa to curse? nd hw is the exact words of the curses known?
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by zendy: 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
agabusta:

Beautiful. You are now condemning the crime as it should be and not trying to drum up ethnic sentiments.

I only took u up on one line, where u tried to appeal to ethnic sentiment in your post by saying "he was killed cos he is Igbo".

Both the first set of coupists and the second set are guilty of crime against the state and humanity.

No one is cordoning murder, but the moment u start saying so so person was killed because he is Igbo, people will lay the facts bare for u to see.

You are trying to distort history by saying the man was murdered because he is Igbo. That is totally false as I pointed out. The 2nd coup that led to his murder was the aftermath of the first coup that brought him into office.

Northerners see their leaders as mini-gods. And they believe so much in an eye-for-an-eye.

A lot of people warned Ironsi that he needs to give those coupists a swift trial and accord the normal military punishment to those found guilty. He did not heed the advice despite several warnings that majority of people over there were bitterly calling for justice. Not only were those Northern leaders killed, they were also humiliated both before they were killed and after they were gruesomely murdered.

Ironsi risked his life and those of others by not swiftly according justice. The bitterness arising from his refusal to avenge the murder of their leaders emboldened the 2nd set of coupists to their evil bid.

To you what I just wrote may seem like justification for the 2nd coup. But that is not the intention.

What i'm trying to drum into u is that he was not murdered because he is Igbo as falsely raised by u, but because of his dilly dallying in according justice.

The 2nd coup is equally and definitely a wicked and callous act, but try and condemn it as it is without appealing to ethnic sentiments by claiming he was murdered because of his ethnicity.

Let me ask you this. Do you think Ironsi would have been killed if he was from Sokoto? If he had been a northerner, there would not have been a counter coup in the first place. Ironsi's ethnicity was a large part of why he was killed. Yes it is true that the north held a lot of resentment towards Ironsi for not trying the coup plotters and for centralising Government but the major reason for the counter coup was what they perceived as a dark plot by the Igbos to take over Nigeria, personified in Ironsi. I stand by what I said that Ironsi was killed for being an Igbo man. If Ironsi had been a Hausa man, he would still be alive today.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by mbolajide2010: 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
zendy:

Let me ask you this. Do you think Ironsi would have been killed if he was from Sokoto? If he had been a northerner, there would not have been a counter coup in the first place. Ironsi's ethnicity was a large part of why he was killed. Yes it is true that the north held a lot of resentment towards Ironsi for trying the coup plotters and for centralising Government but the major reason for the counter coup was what they perceived as a dark plot by the Igbos to take over Nigeria, personified in Ironsi. I stand by what I said that Ironsi was killed for being an Igbo man. If Ironsi had been a Hausa man, he would still be alive today.
[color=#006600][/color]

You are absolutely right the same way those that were killed during the first coup because they were not igbos.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by perryy(m): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2015
the north is forever cursed. it can never end
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
X3n:

So they were there in the bush with balewa killers? how do pple believe such things, u re suppose 2 be more educated than that
. Thanks my brother. The way suppossedly educated people believe LIES is disheartening. A mortal man (Tafawa Balewa) CAN NOT cursed a whole Tribe of 30Million people. The law of Natural Justice can NEVER allow it. He can onLy fight his killers not millions of people. Besides when soldiers set out to kill, they never allow the enemy such wish of prayer b4 they kill. What about the counter coup executed by northern officers against hundreds of igbo officers and d then Head of State, Ironsi. Should we then assuMe dat Ironsi cursed all northerners. Wat about the recurring killings executed in the north against igbos. Did Tafawa Balewa also curse the northerners 2 continue avenging his death. Few yoruba officers also participated in that coup. Did he also Curse the yorubas. This LIE that Igbos r cursed explains the innate political disregard the yorubas hav 4 the igbos. Nigeria can only SURVIVE when we respect one another, not otherwise. PS. Am not igbo.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
How Ironsi was killed. http://www./ironsi's%20death.htm How Ironsi was killed, by his ADC
By PETRUS OBI, Abakaliki
Monday, June 28, 2004

• Senator Andrew Nwankwo
Photo.Sun News Publishing
National Index
Senator Andrew Nwankwo from the Izzi clan in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, was a captain in the Nigeria Air Force before the January 1966 coup that made way for Major General J. T. U Aguiyi Ironsi to emerge as Head of State.
He became Ironsi’s Aide-De-Camp through the recommendation of Brigadier George Krubo who was then in-charge of the Air Force and subsequently supervised the late Head of State’s security.

Capt. Andrew Nwankwo (rtd) said he was to die with his boss, but for fate. He was present when both Ironsi and Fajuyi were shot dead.

Tracking the 61-year-old former ADC down in his one story building residence in Abakaliki was not as difficult as getting him to recall the events that led to the death of his master 38 years ago.
He would start by taking you down memory lane when he served as a courier to late Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia, "I was manning the octopus-a helicopter that carries 105 artillery gun and six other machine guns.

"So when Ethiopia was at war with Somalia in 1964/65 we formed the defence group of the emperor, we also formed an attack force. When the emperor is going to the frontline to see what is happening, we ring him round to clear the way for him".
It was part of these that Ironsi saw and handed over his security to the young captain. "It was cool working with Ironsi, he understood everything about what I should do because he had commanded the UN forces in Congo, and that exposed him to the type of people he needed".

The coup
Recalling the events of that night, July 29, 1966, Nwankwo noted that they were in Ibadan, "we had a small detachment of 106 Artillery, Commanded by one Walbe from Plateau"
The Head of State had the previous day hosted traditional rulers from all parts of the country in the Ibadan Government House. "He wasn’t feeling quite well, he had a knee problem and had to go to bed early.

"Lieutenant Sanni Bello was the army ADC, and we were very close. So, we left that night to go and look out and came back late. Lt. Adamu who was the ADC to Fajuyi, Sanni Bello, Walbe and myself, we all slept together in one room that night".
"At about 4a.m the telephone rang, I picked it up and that was Adeola, the then commissioner of police, Ibadan he said he wanted to speak with Ironsi, I said I was the ADC, he said he wanted to speak with him because there was a coup and he gave me some names Orok and two others that had been killed in

Abeokuta.
"Immediately, I made a mental picture of it, and I knew that it was the northerners that were responsible. So, I handed the phone to Ironsi and they talked. I then alerted Adamu and Sanni Bello and said look, there is a coup and the trend is this way.

"Bello assured me that if it is his own people he will protect me, because, there was tension in the land such that we knew a coup was imminent. So, we agreed to protect each other depending on where it will be coming from. I later discovered that Walbe who was sleeping with us was part of the coup; he later became ADC to Gowon.

"Around 5:30 we heard gunfire, then Ironsi had called Col. Njoku to tell him about the coup. As Njoku was going out, he was short at, but he escaped with bullet wounds. It was Njoku, who was the commander of Lagos Garrison that alerted others outside the Government House, Ibadan.
"Fajuyi later sent me outside the government House to find out what was happening. I met Danjuma, who was then a major and he was my friend. He pretended he didn’t know what was happening, he was asking me, and I said I didn’t know. While I was trying to go back, one sergeant from Benue almost shot me, but Danjuma stopped him and spoke to him in Hausa. Danjuma later told me that he would like to see Ironsi, so that he could tell them what to do.

"It was then that Fajuyi came out to find out what was holding me, and there inside the Government House Danjuma ordered for his arrest and mine too. That was when I saw Walbe. Then Fajuyi asked me to take him to Ironsi so that they will obey him, that there should be only one person in charge. So, I took them to Ironsi, and major Newman, immediately he saw Ironsi, he seized his crocodile swagger stick, and then they started asking him about the January coup, he said he didn’t know about it that he only agreed to be Head of State so that he can restore confidence and normalcy. It was immediately they arrested Ironsi that they turned violent".

The road to the valley of death
They marched us down, Ironsi and myself, to where Fajuyi was. They used telephone cable to tie my hands behind and my legs, with a little space to walk. Same they did to Ironsi, but they removed his shirt, he wore only trousers, they also tied Fajuyi. Ironsi was in a Land Rover, Fajuyi in a mini bus and myself in another bus. They drove us towards Iwo Road, 10 km from Ibadan, there was a small forest were they stopped, marched us to the right hand side of the bush, Fajuyi was leading and as he tried to cross a small stream, he fell down, the soldiers were unruly, it appeared some of them had for the first time taken Indian hemp, so when he fell down some of them started beating him.

My escape
As Fajuyi fell down and they were beating him, Sanni Bello came to me and tapped me and said, we could do something now. It was providence, may be I was not destined to die. I took a few steps from them and jumped into a nearby ditch, all in a split of a second, Bello came and stood by the ditch and was shouting that I had escaped pointing at another direction. So the soldiers ran around that direction shooting into the bush, and when they felt they must have killed me, they shot Fajuyi and then Ironsi there, by the side of the stream. So Bello made sure that he was the last to leave the place.
The ADC, who was later elected senator in 1983 stated that the former Head of State could have escaped if not that he wanted to make sure that there was no bloodshed. He said if he sacrificed his life and prevented bloodshed in Nigeria, it’s better for him. Even his chaplain urged him to escape but he said No. Also many of his officers who were contacted instead of taking action ran away.
The ADC denied the prevailing story that Ironsi was tied to a Land Rover and dragged along the road. He maintained that he saw Ironsi and Fajuyi shot dead. "They shot him on the chest and it was a burst, so he would have died after the first shot".

The crocodile staff
It was a swagger stick, which he made after his name Aguiyi (crocodile). It was in the Congo, when he was commanding the United Nations Forces, the Indian troops were to land at the Lumumbashi Airport but the Cameroon gendarmes went and blocked the place with trucks, so that the Indian soldiers will not land, so, he used a Land Rover and with the stagger stick waved as they were shouting, he was eventually able to convince them to remove the trucks. Many attributed that feat to extraordinary powers in his swagger stick. But there was nothing in it, it was just a stick. Ironsi was not fetish; he was a devoted Catholic and attended mass every morning, even the day he was killed.
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by Deadlytruth(m): 11:00am On Jun 02, 2016
wisdomguy4u:

Aguiyi ironsi was never in support of Nzeogu's coup, he was ever involve in the reason why the coup failed. Ironsi only became the head of state becus he was the highest in command in the Nigerian army as at the time. Ironsi only spent 6 months on power ... Was that enough time to investigation and capture all the coup ploters and trial and execute them?

But within two weeks in office the same Ironsi was able to fully capture Isaac Boro for declaring Niger Delta Republic (an "offence" which was far less serious than that of the Igbo coupists) and then within another one month he had fully investigated Boro's secession attempt and therefore had enough evidence which he tendered in court and secured a treasonable felony conviction for Boro and a death sentence for him. Ironsi was a fraud!
Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by southpole: 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
zendy:

Don't talk like that. In civilised countries, if a person kills another person, be it in a military coup or not, be it 50 years ago or yesterday, even in self defence, there will be some sort of judicial enquiry into what happened. Even now in The Hague, second world war criminals are still answering for there crimes 70 years after that war ended. So don't try to cover the fact that because your country is backward, crimes should be forgotten.
The Igbo tribe should be tried first because their sons started the killings

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick by southpole: 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
zendy:

Gabbage! I will have you know that after the war, all those who participated in the Nzeogwu coup which culminated in Ironsi coming to power were all arrested,dismissed from the Army and jailed. What happened to those like Danjuma,Buhari,Murtala,Walbe and Babngida who participated in the far more bloody counter coup that killed Ironsi? They were all promoted and those of them still alive today are billionaires. Selective justice I would say. Another thing about the Ironsi saga was that he had already surrendered. Military ethics dictate that a Soldier should never shoot another Soldier who has already surrendered. Instead, Danjuma and his cohorts took them into the bush and shot them point blank. That is murder. If Ironsi had died in an exchange of gunfire, it would be a different thing. Ironsi was murdered for being an Igbo man.
Stop this your rubbish and lies, we know that Emmanuel Ifeajuna was killed by ojukwu not after the war and in case you don't know in every successful coup the coupists take over power and are not sanctioned nor kill ed is only when the coup failed that the cuopists are pinished

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ali Modu Sheriff Shares Money As Large Crowd Storms His Mansion. PICS / PDP Puts Jonathan’s Picture In Programme Booklet Amid Defection Rumours / Femi Fani-kayode: Senator Ekweremadu And An Evil Soul Called David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.