Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,485 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) (36135 Views)

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) / Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward Complains ” This Is Not The Nigeria I Was Expecting” / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by unstableaswater: 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
Even myself a Deltan from ogwashi uku knows that Eshunwaju is a bitter yoruba man that should be ignored.

Let him come and carry me to Benin, big fool.

Na so Boko Harm dey start, claiming people that dont send you.

6 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by CSTR2: 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

asaba is edo....benin kingdom...... cheesy...hausas have arab names....does that make them arab
Asaba is edo?
Dont make me angry.
The IKA people a member of the anioma union fought the benin empire and halted their expansionism down east.

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
fr3do:

Only very few of them have ancestors that are bini migrants and they have heavily cross bred with the Igbo population that their bini blood is not there.

This Anioma is not Igbo is politics.
I know they are few
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by unstableaswater: 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
Other Anioma brothers like Igboson2 for dey answer Beninson in this forum.

Anyi bu Ndiigbo, end of, go and take a chill pill mate.

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by CSTR2: 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
The encroaching benin empire was halted by the brave IKA warriors. The rest of anioma should be greatful to them.

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by vickylois(f): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lol.. What do you mean?
grammarcop:

girl after my own heart.....
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Eshinwaju: 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
CSTR2:
Asaba is edo?
If i slap you, you brain will spill out.
The IKA people a member of the anioma union fought the benin empire and halted their expansionism down east.

Anoda lie from d pit of hell.........Ika r not iboes...... angry.........why do u guys lie so much
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by fr3do(m): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
presher:
all anioma I know are proud igbos, am talking about their history

The Aniomas are original occupiers of their land, they do not come from Bini or Igbo but are Igbos themselves, the Aniomas most probably were under influence of the Bini empire, this might have warranted the posting of Bini princes to rule anioma communities.
Only the royals may have very diluted bini blood.

2 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by unstableaswater: 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

Anoda lie from d pit of hell.........Ika r not iboes...... angry.........why do u guys lie so much

It is no longer Asaba, now it is Ika, mate u are mad and need urgent medical assistant.

Wat will u call Ifeanyi Okowa, present Delta Gov? U know well.

Nairalanders make una leave this attention seeker abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by UjSizzle(f): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
I read this and fell in love with my country again. It's nice seeing our homeland through foreign eyes.

Good read smiley

3 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by grammarcop(m): 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
vickylois:
Lol.. What do you mean?
I dislike and don't read long texts
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Eshinwaju: 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
unstableaswater:
Even myself a Deltan from ogwashi uku knows that Eshunwaju is a bitter yoruba man that should be ignored.

Let him come and carry me to Benin, big fool.

Na so Boko Harm dey start, claiming people that dont send you.

Isele uku.......ogwuashiuku......Ubuluukwu......all r from Benin warriors settling there.....that is how onicha started n how asaba came about......or u think I don't know
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Karlman: 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
K
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
fr3do:

The Aniomas are original occupiers of their land, they do not come from Bini or Igbo but are Igbos themselves, the Aniomas most probably were under influence of the Bini empire, this might have warranted the posting of Bini princes to rule anioma communities.
Only the royals may have very diluted bini blood.
some villages migrated from Benin to already established igbo towns and dwelled among them

2 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by vickylois(f): 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
Nice smiley
grammarcop:

I dislike and don't read long texts

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by UjSizzle(f): 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
dnative:

Seriously what were folks expecting him to write? He's been commissioned for media consultancy work and would hardly be expected to emphasize the negatives about Nigeria. He's got a business and needs to make profit whichever way you look at it.
But he hasn't said anything that isn't true.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by unstableaswater: 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

Isele uku.......ogwuashiuku......Ubuluukwu......all r from Benin warriors settling there.....that is how onicha started n how asaba came about......or u think I don't know

Wrong they are all early igbo settlement. If anything they have their origin in Onitsha Anambra state which is why they share a dialet with Anambra.

The relationship with Benin is purely neighbourly nothing more.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Eshinwaju: 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
unstableaswater:

It is no longer Asaba, now it is Ika, mate u are mad and need urgent medical assistant.

Wat will u call Ifeanyi Okowa, present Delta Gov? U know well.

Nairalanders make una leave this attention seeker abeg.

......craze is worrying u.......Okowa is not an iboe name........ifeanyi is like u having an English name....it does not make you white.... cheesy
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by fr3do(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

The Ikas who are led by Obis are not certainly Edo, we are Igbos that have been heavily and forcefully influenced by Bini culture.

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by CSTR2: 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

What do you know, you this IFA worshipping mongrel.
The current governor of delta state is from IKA.
His name is IFEANYI OKOWA.
Go and change his igbo name and heritage for him if it pains you that much.

3 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by jaymichael(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
lawanson44:

No! Delta State is not Iboland...It is yorubaland!! Ewu
It is y 0u, your father, fore fathers, your children both born and unborn that are goats.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

Omo guy u dull oh.
Kai.
U con dey tell person about im own homeland.
AKPOOOOOOO....
-
-
-
Abeg, ona wey dey argue with these guy dey waste ona mb.
#WarriIgboBoy.

6 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by grammarcop(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
vickylois:
Nice smiley
I'm a very busy person
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Eshinwaju: 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
Keep claiming...lol,real ikas r not iboes,........ wink
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by unstableaswater: 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

......craze is worrying u.......Okowa is not an iboe name........ifeanyi is like u having an English name....it does not make you white.... cheesy

Okowa is an Ika igbo name the Ika are from Anioma and Anioma are from Onitsha Anambra State.

Let that get into your empty head. Benin is not relevant in any way to Anioma apart from being a neighbour.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by fr3do(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
unstableaswater:

Wrong they are all early igbo settlement. If anything they have their origin in Onitsha Anambra state which is why they share a dialet with Anambra.

The relationship with Benin is purely neighbourly nothing more.

Aniomas are original Igbo settlers, we don't trace origin to anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by fr3do(m): 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
unstableaswater:

Okowa is an Ika igbo name the Ika are from Anioma and Anioma are from Onitsha Anambra State.

Let that get into your empty head. Benin is not relevant in any way to Anioma apart from being a neighbour.

Actually Onitsha has its roots in Issele Ukwu, an ancient Anioma town.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by vickylois(f): 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
We're derailing the thread already
grammarcop:

I'm a very busy person
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by unstableaswater: 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
fr3do:

Aniomas are original Igbo settlers, we don't trace origin to anywhere.

Thanks bro, the man is talking too much nonsense in my head.

We speak igbo, our food is igbo, traditional title are igbo, culture is igbo, yet they want to drag us to Benin, same Benin that we fought against.

This is the same nonsense yorubas have been doing in the SS, trying to claim everybody to Benin and den claim Benin.

Igbo will not be party to dat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by fr3do(m): 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
unstableaswater:

Thanks bro, the man is talking too much nonsense in my head.

We speak igbo, our food is igbo, traditional title are igbo, culture is igbo, yet they want to drag us to Benin, same Benin that we fought against.

This is the same nonsense yorubas have been doing in the SS, trying to claim everybody to Benin and den claim Benin.

Igbo will not be party to dat.

Gbam!
EOD
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

http://jide-salu.com/2013/09/17/david-hayward-a-former-bbc-boss-writes-about-his-experiences-travelling-to-nigeria-in-not-all-that-fails-to-glitter-is-bad-my-impressions-about-nigeria/

I don't believe the article was written by a former BBC boss , he sure wouldn't write "the staffs" which is grammatically incorrect in this context and the writing style is something , in my opinion , what an African would write. It's still a good read though and the humour in it is refreshing.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by AAinEqGuinea: 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
So international flights can land at Abuja and not Lagos. Good to know one has options

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

20 Most Insanely Overloaded Vehicles You Will Ever See On Road / Two Passenger Trains Derail In Eastern India. 280 Dead, 900 Injured / Dubai Luxury Shops Missing Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.