Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? (2338 Views)

Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku / Meeting Of Southern Governors' Wives' Forum In Umuahia (Photos) / Dignitaries At Enugu Hospital To Visit Rangers Player After Fracture. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by scholes0(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
Was merrily browsing the internet today like a discontented bovine, when I stumbled across this map, and I couldn't help but wonder if it depicts or reflects the real / actual fracture in the geo-cultural polities of Southern Nigeria.

What do you Nairaland political jingoists think of it?
DISCUSS!!

cc: Seun , lalasticlala , OAM4J

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by seedgreen(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
Following
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by scholes0(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
seedgreen:
Following

Watching grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by IKWEREBIAFRAN: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Which one is efik/Ibibio nation, I weep for the OP cry
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by scholes0(m): 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
IKWEREBIAFRAN:

Me I don't know o.... no be me make am.
What do you think of the map anyways? (even though i already know your stance on it)
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by scholes0(m): 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by Super1Star: 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
scholes0:

What do you think of the map anyways? (even though i already know your stance on it)

Is it a crime for efik ibibio and oron to seek self determination?
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by pazienza(m): 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Not bad, if you ask me,as long as it was all determined by a referendum. I wouldn't want to share a country with those not proud of their Biafran Identity. Only those who are proud of Biafra should be part of Biafra, and this will be determined by a monitored referendum.
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by scholes0(m): 12:57am On Jul 08, 2015
Super1Star:

Well, he made it sound like that .... lol
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by patrick89(m): 6:08am On Jul 08, 2015
Super1Star:

nobody said that! even Nnamdi kalu has made it clear to them, they can not get niger delta republic or efik ibibio nation alone, what they need to do is come together as a biafra dissolve this contraception thenceforth they can go if they want to. he has made it clear so many times, his interest is to dissolve this whitemanmade zoo, he sometimes asked why should we have yoruba in Togo Benin (speaking french)and nigeria speaking English! he called it madness! can this same anomaly happen in Europe. the answer is no, so why in Africa are you daft I ask you. He abhors the artificial boundaries made by one power drunk whites, He is against their religion especially Anglican church in which he was raised in. So you low lifers should quickly get a life! nobody is dominating anybody.
To make it clear to you slowpokes. you always accuse igbos of domineering and land grabbing mention, Ne state in the southeast that has been dominated by other igbos, mention where igbos have taken over people's "land by force! why is that Anambra people are not ruling Imo, abia enugu ebonyi vice versa why are they taking over each other's states? what about Ambode, from ondo, Fashola from osun, tinubu from kwara that is dominating the lagos aborigines and not your unabated accusation of domineering where it doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 08, 2015
Why is west Delta part of Odua?

Warri is not Yoruba or Itsekiri land I thought we told you guys this in the 90's

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:22am On Jul 08, 2015
PvtParts2:
Why is west Delta part of Odua?

Warri is not Yoruba or Itsekiri land I thought we told you guys this in the 90's

Hope you're not mistaking Effurun for Warri? They are two different cities.

4 Likes

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by HopeAtHand: 6:32am On Jul 08, 2015
scholes0:

Mix up
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by HopeAtHand: 6:38am On Jul 08, 2015
IKWEREBIAFRAN:

IkwereBiafran..Hehehehehehehe

So you are the new kid on the block, invented for a singular purpose of creating mischief..

i will tag you along..i'll ensure it gets a lil more real out here..Me and You on this forum will definitely flow in Ikwerre all through.

1 Like

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 08, 2015
patrick89:
nobody said that! even Nnamdi kalu has made it clear to them, they can not get niger delta republic or efik ibibio nation alone,
who is he to render the whole niger delt region useless nd powerless? if there's referendum, do you think their voting pattern would favour biafra or their own self determination?
patrick89:
what they need to do is come together as a biafra dissolve this contraception thenceforth they can go if they want to.
the above sounds like what scam artist would say. Cant they dissolve this contraption without joining another mini-nigeria? A referendum granted in Nigeria will see every tribe decide on where they want to be. Why re you attaching them to your own struggles? Let them achieve theirs own their own.
patrick89:
he has made it clear so many times, his interest is to dissolve this whitemanmade zoo,
he shouldn't dissolve the zoo. He should just go with his igbos alone and leave others to decide what they'll want.
patrick89:
he sometimes asked why should we have yoruba in Togo Benin (speaking french)and nigeria speaking English! he called it madness!
he is madman not to realise that they are yorubas first before anything else
patrick89:
can this same anomaly happen in Europe. the answer is no, so why in Africa are you daft I ask you. He abhors the artificial boundaries made by one power drunk whites,
[this same boundaries created by drunk is what makes him think he can cajole other minority SS who aren't ibos into biafra, mini-zoo
patrick89:
He is against their religion especially Anglican church in which he was raised in. So you low lifers should quickly get a life! nobody is dominating anybody.
what religion is he in support of?
patrick89:

To make it clear to you slowpokes. you always accuse igbos of domineering and land grabbing mention, Ne state in the southeast that has been dominated by other igbos, mention where igbos have taken over people's "land by force! why is that Anambra people are not ruling Imo, abia enugu ebonyi vice versa why are they taking over each other's states? what about Ambode, from ondo, Fashola from osun, tinubu from kwara that is dominating the lagos aborigines and not your unabated accusation of domineering where it doesn't exist.
who is this lowlife trying to divide yorubas? Do you think we care about where our rulers re from? What matters is good governance. You and nnamdi kanu are the ones talking about artificial boundaries which is dividing tribesmen in africa, yet you are not pleased that yorubas are united nd look beyond that. Your aim is to cause enmity between yorubas so that you can render the aworis of lagos powerless to ride. It won't work. There's no difference between the yorubas of lagos and other yorubas. Majority of the names of areas in lagos are gotten from other yoruba states when their fore fathers migrated to the land. Names like ikoyi, ijesha, ijegun, egbeda, surulere etc can be found in other SW states.

Stop being oil thieves.

8 Likes

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 08, 2015
pazienza:
Not bad, if you ask me,as long as it was all determined by a referendum. I wouldn't want to share a country with those not proud of their Biafran Identity. Only those who are proud of Biafra should be part of Biafra, and this will be determined by a monitored referendum.
the referendum will be for every nigerian to decide whether they want to live together or not. I doubt the SS will wnt to go with the ibos. They don't need you for anything. You re the one in need of them, hence the attache by force. You were never one and can't be one cos you are of different nations.

No mini-nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by gists: 7:30am On Jul 08, 2015
What?!!
I never thought about this and didn't ever occur to me that Biafra will be a land-locked country i.e no access to the ocean.
Well I guess its just because its none of my business.
BTW every group that want to leave is free to do so as long as it does not involve war that will get innocent women, children and the weak killed in millions.
War is Hell!! Let those who have ears hear.

https://twitter.com/VeryOldPics/status/567252090582761472/photo/1

http://i.imgur.com/FIf7oec.jpg

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by pazienza(m): 7:35am On Jul 08, 2015
eighTHREAD:
the referendum will be for every nigerian to decide whether they want to live together or not. I doubt the SS will wnt to go with the ibos. They don't need you for anything. You re the one in need of them, hence the attache by force. You were never one and can't be one cos you are of different nations.

No mini-nigeria

Another Ignorant Yoruba person. Nobody is interested in referendum to decide if they want to stay with Odua-Arewa people, as nobody want to stay with you lots.

SS has Igbo speaking groups that Ndiigbo won't leave behind, without being sure the people want to be left behind. Nzeogwu's coup was an Igbo coup, but Nzeogwu was an Igboman from current SS( Delta state to be precise), so is Nzeogwu coup an Igbo coup or a SS coup?

You just have to deal with
it, Ndiigbo will unite the Eastern groups once again, and we will make the necessary sacrifices needed to make the New country work, which will include 100% resource control for all groups both Igbo ones and non Igbo ones and degrees of autonomy for each. The Igbo belief in "Bili, kam bili" will ensure the above.

We don't need each other, but we can achieve alot together, the East despite being multi ethnic, was relatively more peaceful than the largely mono ethnic western region, this was because of pre existing pre colonial interactions and understanding between Ndiigbo and her non Igbo neighbors and the Igbo man love for equity, peace. and justice.

1 Like

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by jammani(m): 7:37am On Jul 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by cheruv: 7:40am On Jul 08, 2015
HopeAtHand:

IkwereBiafran..Hehehehehehehe

So you are the new kid on the block, invented for a singular purpose of creating mischief..

i will tag you along..i'll ensure it gets a lil more real out here..Me and You on this forum will definitely flow in Ikwerre all through.
Pls do tag him..its quite nice to see a patriotic iwheroha native.
Though ikwerres can be bad Igbos,one of the reasons I like them is bkos they've kept their dialect.. and I'd look towards ikwerre in the future to expand Igbo vocabulary in terms of marine affairs
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by omololu2020(m): 7:41am On Jul 08, 2015
eighTHREAD:

No mini-nigeria
u are a fool,so if we yorubas also vote dat we dont want to b part of Nigeria again,we will av no choice but to bcom biafrans?arindi
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by Mckennedy: 7:50am On Jul 08, 2015
eighTHREAD:
who is he to render the whole niger delt region useless nd powerless? if there's referendum, do you think their voting pattern would favour biafra or their own self determination?the above sounds like what scam artist would say. Cant they dissolve this contraption without joining another mini-nigeria? A referendum granted in Nigeria will see every tribe decide on where they want to be. Why re you attaching them to your own struggles? Let them achieve theirs own their own. he shouldn't dissolve the zoo. He should just go with his igbos alone and leave others to decide what they'll want. he is madman not to realise that they are yorubas first before anything else [this same boundaries created by drunk is what makes him think he can cajole other minority SS who aren't ibos into biafra, mini-zoo what religion is he in support of?who is this lowlife trying to divide yorubas? Do you think we care about where our rulers re from? What matters is good governance. You and nnamdi kanu are the ones talking about artificial boundaries which is dividing tribesmen in africa, yet you are not pleased that yorubas are united nd look beyond that. Your aim is to cause enmity between yorubas so that you can render the aworis of lagos powerless to ride. It won't work. There's no difference between the yorubas of lagos and other yorubas. Majority of the names of areas in lagos are gotten from other yoruba states when their fore fathers migrated to the land. Names like ikoyi, ijesha, ijegun, egbeda, surulere etc can be found in other SW states.

Stop being oil thieves.

yoruba we are wiser now your preaching is no longer working.. Niger Deltans are more Biafrans than the Igbos..do your research first by listening to Radio Biafra. i know of Egun and Aworis which are the original owners of lagos with their own languages that even yorubas dont hear nor understand yet you always claim they are yorubas but if its the case of eastern region you will be telling them how they are Niger Delta?because your stealing from them? yorubas should be more concern about Illorin seized by hausa fulani yet they won't always claiming to be intelligent,,,I understand how you feel now but did you thought of it b4 voting against GEJ? oduduwa is your name then why is Biafra given you sleepless nights ? because you know eventually you must face the music at the end... stop interfering on Eastern region matter,,,good piece of advice for you b4 you catch stroke..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by Mckennedy: 7:58am On Jul 08, 2015
eighTHREAD:

No mini-nigeria

Please tell us the real meaning of Niger Delta?

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by bonechamberlain(m): 8:01am On Jul 08, 2015
looking
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by OJUcrook: 8:04am On Jul 08, 2015
pazienza:

Ndiigbo will unite the Eastern groups once again, and we will make the necessary sacrifices needed to make the New country work.
Pipe dream

are you Heeebos even united in your present 5 south east states? Didnt T A Orji sack fellow Heeebos who were non-abians from the abia state civil service? During the last election, were the Ngwas not threatning other Heeebo clans with death by placing coffins all over the state, if they didnt vote for their son, Okezie Ikpeazu.

You are not united today, will you get united once you get biafra? How do you even want to unite the ethnic groups in the SS? Lets take Delta state for an example. The Ijaws and Itsekiri's slaughter each other at the slightest provocation. The feud that exist between them was what stalled the commissioning of the $16 billion EPZ project last year. How will you Heeebos unite the Ijaws and Itsekiri? A feat jonathan an ijaw man couldnt achieve

5 Likes

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by scholes0(m): 8:12am On Jul 08, 2015
OJUcrook:

You are not united today, will you get united once you get biafra? How do you even want to unite the ethnic groups in the SS? Lets take Delta state for an example. The Ijaws and Itsekiri's slaughter each other at the slightest provocation. The feud that exist between them was what stalled the commissioning of the $16 billion EPZ project last year. How will you Heeebos want to unite the Ijaws and Itsekiri? A feat jonathanm an ijaw man couldnt achieve

Ijaws can go with the niger Delta Republic ..... (Or Biafra)
Itsekiris will come back into the Oduduwa fold....
The End. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by OJUcrook: 8:21am On Jul 08, 2015
scholes0:

Ijaws can go with the niger Delta Republic ..... (Or Biafra)
Itsekiris will come back into the Oduduwa fold....
The End. cheesy
For your mind na so he easy reach, Ba? If the Itsekiri goes with the Yoruba who would now own Warri?

I am Nupe, if our kinsfolk in Kwara state join Yoruba what about those of us from Niger state? Who would own Bida? Una think say secession simple like ABC

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by scholes0(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2015
OJUcrook:
For your mind na so he easy reach, Ba? If the Itsekiri goes with the Yoruba who would now own Warri?

I am Nupe, if our kinsfolk in Kwara state join Yoruba what about those of us from Niger state? Who would own Bida? Una think say secession simple like ABC

Nupes of Kwara can join their kins in Arewa...
There are three LGA's in Warri Area. 2 are predominantly Itsekiri, while the last one is mixed. the mixed one will be split ... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by OJUcrook: 8:46am On Jul 08, 2015
scholes0:

Nupes of Kwara can join their kins in Arewa..
They see themselves more of Yoruba. Are they not the one you Yoruba people refer to as Tapa? Are they not the one that gave you the Igunnuko Masqurade? Is Sango's mother herself not a Tapa? Your post would be applicable to those of us in Niger
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by scholes0(m): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2015
OJUcrook:
They see themselves more of Yoruba. Are they not the one you Yoruba people refer to as Tapa? Are they not the one that gave you the Igunnuko Masqurade? Is Sango's mother herself not a Tapa? Your post would be applicable to those of us in Niger

The majority of your Kinsmen are in Niger state, why don't you join them?
If you want to join the Oduduwa fold, then you have to forget about Bida. ... Yorubas and Nupe USED to be much closer in the past actually... but they allowed themselves get lost in the 'Arewa" plot.
I know no right thinking Yoruba man in Kwara will choose a poor Arewa state with hordes of wahala over a thriving coastal West African state will considerable less problems to graple with.
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by omoelesa(m): 9:07am On Jul 08, 2015
Those Oll Thieves And Land Grabbers Wont Like This Map.
Re: Are These The Real Geo-political Fracture Lines Of Southern Nigeria? by OJUcrook: 9:12am On Jul 08, 2015
scholes0:

The majority of your Kinsmen are in Niger state, why don't you join them?
If you want to join the Oduduwa fold, then you have to forget about Bida. ... Yorubas and Nupe USED to be much closer in the past actually... but they allowed themselves get lost in the 'Arewa" plot.
I know no right thinking Yoruba man in Kwara will choose a poor Arewa state with hordes of wahala over a thriving coastal West African state will considerable less problems to graple with.
I can least 10,000 wrongs you Yorubas and the Fulanis have done to us. One of the many reasons why some people esp. The minorities dont want the disintergartion of Nigeria. We dont want to be in another bondage outside/after Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Oduduwa Nri's(igbo Progenitor) Son? / Will You Agree To Swim In This Pool?? / Top 10 Most Hated People In Nigeria (2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.