Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) (4663 Views)

Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn / Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
Sweetheart, you mind these online thugs? Obiagelli has provÉn that she doesn't understand these things. Imagine someone asking what happened to the $billionsObasanjo/Yar'adua left in ECA. Was she sleeping? By the way, how can Buhari say he met virtually empty treasury when we had $2b in ECA and $29b in External reserve? How can N400billion ($2b) translate to virtually "empty"?

These people suck!
it's either you are deceitful or illiterate for mentioning the foreign reserve
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
HzRF:

$4 is virtually empty?
Stop taking Zimbabwean weed
divide $4 billion by your population, after deducting your debt
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
You don't have to act ignorant in public. Were you in limbo when we were crying that the Governors "forced" GEJ to share the ECA? Were you on exile when NOI and GEJ were on a running battle with the Govs led by APC Amaechi because the Govs wanted the ECA? Were you not aware that the Govs went to Supreme Court to say the ECA is illegal? Were you sleeping when the Minister was saying that the ECA has been depleted (thanks to the rogues called governors)?

Finally, were you in exile when GMb agreed with the governors in principle to share the leftover $2b in the ECA?

You APC fans can be ridiculous. And for the record, Buhari didn't meet "virtually" empty treasury.
Why didn't the governors share the ECA under Oba?
we were selling oil for $135 while our budget benchmark was $80, where is the balance?
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
Slynonny:
And if i took the money before giving you the purse.
You then check and found no money inside.
You will ask where is the 500 inside.
But you made me take it cos you twisted it to mean you didn't need the money cos if you do you will definitely say the amount instead of twisting it with the word VIRTUALLY EMPTY.
In other words Mr Mouth Action doesn't want anyone to know the amount left so as to enable him siphon some for his terrorist activities.

#I_Hate_Mouth_Action.

you are only buttressing my point because the 500 naira is insignificant.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by azpekuliar: 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
Obiagelli:

When did gej start complaining about the sharing?
why didn't Obj share everything
why has Buhari not touch the ECA

Buhari just emptied the ECA to bail out the states owing arears of salaries.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
Obiagelli:

Foreign reserve is not something you withdraw from

lol

the treasury is the treasury

you cant claim the treasury is empty when billions are sitting in the foreign reserve

Buhari made a blanket statement about the treasury without being specific. He was either being economical with the truth or telling outright lies. Either way his speech is beneath his office.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
Obiagelli:

Why didn't the governors share the ECA under Oba?
we were selling oil for $135 while our budget benchmark was $80, where is the balance?
You de ask Mumu question. U de hear "Excess Crude Account" and you still de ask where the balance of Excess crude sales de. E de for West Germany.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by san316(m): 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
Slynonny:

Are my to educate you or your just being blinded by hatred for the naked truth?
(1) Obiagelli i found your lost purse and some money in it.
Your question would definitely be how much did i find in your purse.

Are my left or right?

(2)I found your lost purse and #500 in it.

You will thank me immediately.

Okpeke Obiagelli apply close up bikokwa.

#I_Hate_Mouth_Action.

You have already proven to be dumb. #stamped. Dumass.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
You de ask Mumu question. U de hear "Excess Crude Account" and you still de ask where the balance of Excess crude sales de. E de for West Germany.
So how much did gej add to the account na
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
mikeansy:

lol

the treasury is the treasury

you cant claim the treasury is empty when billions are sitting in the foreign reserve

Buhari made a blanket statement about the treasury without being specific. He was either being economical with the truth or telling outright lies. Either way his speech is beneath his office.
Should the government withdraw from the foreign reserve?
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
azpekuliar:

Buhari just emptied the ECA to bail out the states owing arears of salaries.

Wrong information
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Just imagine the nonsense coming out from the pdp spokesman's mouth
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news- menu/news/59267-pdp-buhari-s-bailout-funds-saved-by- jonathan
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Obiagelli:

Should the government withdraw from the foreign reserve?

It is up to the Government what they choose to do

But the President have to check his facts before making silly statements

The President says the treasury is empty. foreign Reserve no follow for our treasury?
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
mikeansy:

It is up to the Government what they choose to do

But the President have to check his facts before making silly statements

The President says the treasury is empty. foreign Reserve no follow for our treasury?
I think you should spend some time reading foreign reserves are and what they are used for.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by gibsonpally: 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
Obiagelli:
After listening to the president complain about the status of the national treasury, I thought to myself "what was baba expecting" but for the recent revelation of the Excess crude account ECA at $2 billion and LNG payment at $2 billion got me wondering how low the people can go.

In Buhari's exact words, "I met huge debts, virtually empty treasury ”

From my dictionary, definition of the word virtually
adverb
1. Almost but not quite.
2. Without exaggeration; literally In essence, but not in fact

ECA + LNG payments = $4 billion

I have read a lot from Nigerians including the leaders of the pdp saying the president lied us, I have read threads on Nairaland asking where the president is getting money for bail out from. I wonder who the real illiterate is, is it that we no longer understand simple English? should the President communicate with us in pidgin from now on?

$4 billion in savings for a country with a population of 170 million people is what? if not virtually empty treasury.

Little history

It is on record that former president Obasanjo left the country with $22 billion its excess crude account 2007, how did the Yar’Adua/Goodluck and Jonathan/sambo administration squander this savings despite record oil prices from 2010 - 2013?
our budget benchmark was $80 PB (highest) while crude oil sold for $132 (highest). Where was the excess going to?

forgive the disjointed nature of this write up.

You are confused and your write-up is disjointed indeed.

Federal government earned over N15 trillion from oil in 2014 under GEJ.

Your question should be what has GEJ done with it that he had to borrow to pay salaries?
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Jesusloveyou: 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
Mogidi:
Why are you not blaming the governors that insisted the money be shared?

That doesn't fit into your narrative abi?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/110715-governors-demand-release-of-one-billion-dollars-from-excess-crude-account.html
are u daft, can't u understand simple english? Where is d excess money from d difference of benchmark of $80 and actual sales $120. U better tell ur hero to return all d money stolen by his cronies.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
Obiagelli:

So how much did gej add to the account na
obiagelli, them don share the money ooooooo

The Governors and the FG don share am....
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Jesusloveyou: 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
so u are daft like this, u can't even understand simple maths of d difference of benchmark of $80 and actual sales of $120. I hope gej return from uk or west germany with d stolen cash or else, he wil found himself in jail.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:

Sad truth
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
Obiagelli:

Compared to $21 billion ECA Obj left and 3 solid years of record oil prices, the treasury is virtually empty. Not to mention our debts

You are confused.

What Obasanjo left in excess crude account is $9billion and the governors squandered the money.

The legality of the said account is even being challenged in court as we speak.

Please may I remind you that OBJ left our minimum wage at N7500 while it was operated at 250% increase during Jonathan's administration. This is exactly what Okonjo Iweala foresaw and instructed the government of Yar'dua on its implications.

Even the present precarious stagnation in our States is all about wage bills hence your argument is null and void as the government made visible progress in transforming all sectors of our national life.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Jesusloveyou: 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:

share wetin? The one gej met or d one he kept there, grow up!

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
so u are daft like this, u can't even understand simple maths of d difference of benchmark of $80 and actual sales of $120. I hope gej return from uk or west germany with d stolen cash or else, he wil found himself in jail.
U take too much of weed.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:

The thread is filled with distortions and continuation of debunked propaganda.

The exact figure Obj left in excess crude account was $9.43billion and not the fantom $21 billion she stated.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

The exact figure Obj left in excess crude account was $9.43billion and not the fantom $22billion she stated.
Obiagelli just smoke her favorite weed grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
Beremx:
That yeye girl called Biafranqueeen who lives in America yet she doesn't understand simple Engilsh. Her useless thread was better off ignored!

@Obiagelli, I totally agree with you. The national treasury is virtually empty even if only $4billion is left.

Okonjo and Jonathan must return the money they looted

While Rochas augments your stipend of #10 per post on NL in his support, APC and Jagaban with the one he stole and is still stealing in Imo state cool
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
seunmsg:

You people need to go learn how the country's finances work before rushing to comment ignorantly on NL.

Interpreter for which LGA
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
Obiagelli just smoke her favorite weed grin

“At the end of May 2007, Nigeria’s gross reserves stood at $43.13 billion – comprising the CBN’s external reserves of $31.5 billion, $9.43 billion in the Excess Crude Account, and $2.18 billion in Federal Government’s savings,” Ms. Okonjo-Iweala said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174461-excess-crude-foreign-reserves-obasanjo-lied-says-okonjo-iweala.html

While GEJ left $30 billion as foreign reserve, $2 billion savings in FG coffers, $2.1billion ECA, $2billion in Sovereign Wealth Fund plus $5billion LNG deposit totalling $41.1billion

Just $2 billion difference from what Obj left.

APC is still campaigning instead of facing squarely the business of governance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Obiagelli:
After listening to the president complain about the status of the national treasury, I thought to myself "what was baba expecting" but for the recent revelation of the Excess crude account ECA at $2 billion and LNG payment at $2 billion got me wondering how low the people can go.

In Buhari's exact words, "I met huge debts, virtually empty treasury ”

From my dictionary, definition of the word virtually
adverb
1. Almost but not quite.
2. Without exaggeration; literally In essence, but not in fact

ECA + LNG payments = $4 billion

I have read a lot from Nigerians including the leaders of the pdp saying the president lied us, I have read threads on Nairaland asking where the president is getting money for bail out from. I wonder who the real illiterate is, is it that we no longer understand simple English? should the President communicate with us in pidgin from now on?

$4 billion in savings for a country with a population of 170 million people is what? if not virtually empty treasury.

Little history

It is on record that former president Obasanjo left the country with $22 billion its excess crude account 2007, how did the Yar’Adua/Goodluck and Jonathan/sambo administration squander this savings despite record oil prices from 2010 - 2013?
our budget benchmark was $80 PB (highest) while crude oil sold for $132 (highest). Where was the excess going to?

forgive the disjointed nature of this write up.

APC ruling opposition party...Campaign is over...I expect you guys to be opening threads now showing policies and projects of buhari not constituting yourselves into interpreters cool...I pray none of you be used to assuage the thirst of these insurgents that buhari and APC are nurturing and feeding...Can you remember the number of deaths so far in less than 40days...
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by omolami: 11:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
That is complete illiteracy. All the money he has been spending so far is from what Gej left behind. What do you expect from a first schl leaving certificate holder? Nothing but hypocricy.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Most times I laugh at the APC people!Thanks for this jare
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

“At the end of May 2007, Nigeria’s gross reserves stood at $43.13 billion – comprising the CBN’s external reserves of $31.5 billion, $9.43 billion in the Excess Crude Account, and $2.18 billion in Federal Government’s savings,” Ms. Okonjo-Iweala said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174461-excess-crude-foreign-reserves-obasanjo-lied-says-okonjo-iweala.html

While GEJ left $30 billion as foreign reserve, $2 billion savings in FG coffers, $2.1billion ECA, $2billion in Sovereign Wealth Fund plus $5billion LNG deposit totalling $41.1billion

Just $2 billion difference
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
DropShot:

You've just exhibited the type of illiteracy the OP is referring to by neglecting her topic to post that rubbish as justification for GEJ leaving about a tenth of what he should have left behind considering hundred of billion dollars his govt earned.

At the topic, so many Nigerians have proved over and over to be semi-literate with the type of reactions we get from many issues such as this one.

Kudos.

@bolded...

When is your first analytical thread showing your professorial ingenuity in politics coming out?...you're commenting on a thread written by a supposed lady...where and when is yours coming?...
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 08, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

The exact figure Obj left in excess crude account was $9.43billion and not the fantom $21 billion she stated.

Thanks for sharing okonjo iweala's version. I have got Obj and ezekwesili's

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/my-sojourn-into-the-excess-crude-account/140508/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pdp’s ‘secret Game’ Of Sheriff-fayose 2019 Joint Ticket Leaves APC Jittery. / The Governor Of Imo State Have Been Slapped Again / Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Is Winning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.