Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. (47968 Views)

Igbos Are Criminals But Full List Of Nigeria Treasury Looters Will Shock You. / Nnamdi Kanu: Treasonable Felony Charges 'empty' Says Lawyer / I Met The Treasury Empty And I , Left It Empty Says, Gej. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by samueld0(m): 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday said that he inherited a “‎virtually empty treasury” with debts running into hundreds of millions of Dollars and appealed to the media to explain the true position to Nigerians so that “they won’t match on us”.

The President who spoke while meeting with members of the State House Press Corps said it was a disgrace that Nigeria is not able to pay workers salaries adding that this was as a result of bad management.

According to him, there was ‎already a lot of pressure on his government due to the huge expectations of Nigerians on what they desire from the administration.

While calling on the media to cooperate with his administration‎, President Buhari said he choose Femi Adesina to be his Adviser because he is ‘one of the best’.

President Muhammadu Buhari attending to some files in his office as he resumed duties at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida

“It is not by accident that I got the best of you to be the special adviser, one of the 15 aides  I had to get clearance from the Senate‎. He is one of the best President of the guild that I can have as special advisers. I brought one of the best of you so that he can consistently defend me against you.

“Whether my job is a difficult one or easy it is up to him, but I’m here to thank you in advance for ‎what good and ill you are going to do to me.

“I have to quickly come and see you and welcome you to this place. I hope ‎what happened of recent between the former president and one of you (the seizure of the accreditation of the Radio Germany reporter) will not happen between me and you.

“I hope we are starting and this culture developed, of 100 days is bringing so much pressure with treasury virtually empty, with debts in millions of dollars, with state workers and even federal workers not paid their salaries. It is such a disgrace for Nigeria. I think Nigeria should be in a position to even pay it’s workers. This bad management that we find ourselves in, we really need your help to protect us from people before they match on us” he said.

For members of the State House Press Corps, it is a first time that they would be meeting the president, starting from President Obasanjo up to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Chairman of the State House Press Corps, Kehinde Amodu who spoke on behalf of members of the Corp pledge to work with the government in the interest of Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/nigerias-treasury-is-virtually-empty-buhari/

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by demmy0325(m): 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by bodeloja: 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
No excuses, GEJ inherited a dilapidated infastructure nationwide, he did not complain but got down to work.

Buhari must not disappoint or go back on his words.

We are not afraid to call u a liar and cakll for your impeachment, if you do.

202 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by atlwireles: 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin una neva hala. Please your alamjiris are waiting for their free food and N5000. Start by stabilising the price of crude and money will flow your way. cool

94 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tucky200(m): 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
bodeloja:
No excuses, GEJ inherited a dilapidated infastructure nationwide, he did not complain but got down to work.

Buhari must not disappoint or go back on his words.

We are not afraid to call u a liar and cakll for your impeachment, if you do.
Give buhari what that clueless man inherited,
And you see nigeria become the best nation in africa

306 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by StOla: 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
Okonjo Iweala should be called for questioning.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by bodeloja: 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

For decades Northern President messed up this country, so i dont see your point, Buhari better not disappoint.

125 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
Gej inherited billions of dollars in the treasury, got the highest revenue Nigeria has ever gotten since independence but left Nigeria with empty pulse coupled with debt. undecided undecided

If this man no go jail hen, that means PMB is a very kind hearted man

206 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by SUBMARINE: 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
EXCUSES ARE FOR THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO FAIL. grin

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by idolda: 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
Stop complaining and start dishing out the "change"

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

The FG revenue is 70% dependent on oil proceeds.

Obama blocked the US from importing oil from us, coupled with the oil glut occasioned by Saudi Arabia pumping too much into the market and a significant drop in the price of crude, how in God's name will we not be broke?

Every logical solution that was proposed by Ngozi was vehemently opposed by your governors even the removal of fuel subsidy which you guys are not complaining of any more since your It is your Buhari in office now.

I don't really have the energy for nairaland any more because I feel there is no need arguing with illiterates.

Please try and update yourself of facts rather than regurgitating cheap lies from Liar Mohammed

[size=18pt]all this talk about FG being broke is only to pave way for Buhari taking a juicy IMF loan which will be in dollars and is meant to put us in bondage to JP Morgan and Co for the next 40yrs

The change they promised was to steer us back to the dollar which GEJ was set to dump

This is why Obama wanted him out to the point of loaning Buhari his personal campaign manager and brazenly opposing our fight against the Bokos.

Already Sanusi has been appointed into the board of the US based Financial giant Blackstone who are to invest $5bn in our Energy market [/size]

PPAngel:

[size=18pt]Buhari Set To Cancel Strategic Chinese Direct Investments In Place Of IMF Loans.[/size]

The concluded WEF held in Abuja in May, 2014 saw China unveil a $42bn investment over the next 10yrs in the African continent with Nigeria expected to gulp the highest share of over $30bn in direct infrastructural investment, energy sector and manufacturing.

With the emergence of the newly appointed Colonial Governor of the Royal Niger Company aka Nigeria, expect to see Buhari cancel outrightly all Chinnese direct investments in preference to western loans from the IMF, World Bank and Paris Club.

Off course, all the newly borrowed money will be diverted with nothing on ground to show for it but debt for the next 40years.

Change Change Change!

152 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Amazondepth(m): 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
Baba start working.its d very dilapidated state of the nation that heralded ur elevation to d position u presently occupy and naturally u made all believe u knew how to go about it,hence ur 12 years struggle to bcom d president.trust me,Nigerians are aware of all these,just go about solving d problems with d determination u sought for d post of presido.abeg we don tire to hear empty treasury.if u must,then let d people dat emptied d treasury b brought to nook na!pls sir start working

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by baralatie(m): 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
you don't move or achieve goals on the platform of complaints! If that was the lifestyle only God knows where we would be! PMB!now is not the time to begin to complain. Now is action!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tucky200(m): 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
bodeloja:

For decades Northern President messed up this country, so i dont see your point, Buhari better not disappoint.
At least all of em where better than the first south southerner
Buhari will surely do better,
Am a million % sure abt that

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by sammyj: 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
We all know this from the unset. However PMB should not only probe this past administration retrieve the looted funds and jail any culprit involved. !!!! grin

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by worksmart(m): 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
For a president that should be busy doing nothing else but ensuring his ministers are appointed, he is sure is making endless meaningless statements through media, even though we can never see him exchange any words with journalists on camera since his inauguration 4 weeks ago.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
Stop complaining and start work, only a lazy engineer crys foul at the task at hand, assemble your laboures(ministers) get your building plans(economic blue print) get your materials and get us results solutions and progress
I voted for president buhari but this talk talk don tire me
We know the problems but we believe in your maturity and experience to work out Nigeria asension from the grave of poverty corruption and insecurity
Thank you Sir. I thank Allah our Presido na Military General so na ACTION MAN we want not talk talk

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Elslim: 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
awon aye don pack everything finish

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Bobbystanley(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
We expected you to Say that.

Baba declare your asset now.
So we would know if u inherited an empty treasury after your tenure.

Dont give us reason to loot our money and get down to work

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tucky200(m): 8:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
PvtParts:

The FG revenue is 70% dependent on oil proceeds.

Obama blocked the US from importing oil from us, coupled with the oil glut occasioned by Saudi Arabia pumping too much into the market and a significant drop in the price of crude, how in God's name will we not be broke?

Every logical solution that was proposed by Ngozi was vehemently opposed by your governors even the removal of fuel subsidy which you guys are not complaining of any more since your It is your Buhari in office now.

I don't really have the energy for nairaland any more because I feel there is no need arguing with illiterates.

Please try and update yourself of facts rather than regurgitating cheap lies from Liar Mohammed
What is this one saying

32 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by kendrick9(m): 8:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
Excuses upon excuses everyday...

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by atiakatata: 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
Where is President Mitchell of West Germany when you need her

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by omenka(m): 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
What a shame.

I'm yet to see a single reason why Jonathan should have been retained on that seat. When Bakere said it years ago that Jonathan was on a mission to bankrupt the country, people called the gentleman all manner of unprintable names but it seems he's now being vindicated by providence.

PDP/Jonathan knew what they had done to this nation and that was the reason behind the kind of campaign the marshalled against the President.

I really hope to see a lot of the people who worked under Jonathan account for the state of our treasury, and justify that under the conditions of crude oil sales that prevailed at that time.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by myklangelo(m): 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ya Buhari it is virtually empty the way you told us that you have something like a million naira in your account during campaign.
Sir we believe you.
Sai BuHari the living saint! You are our religion, if you tell us to hug transformer we will with Sai Buhari in our lips do so.
Oh! Incorruptible Sai Buhari we believe you and we are ready to die for you online.
We are the sheep, your word is our food.
Tell us that Jonathaan stole your cattle we go beliieve you sir.

Yes Igbo language azonyela okpa na tuwita(tweeter)follow me @OdeniigboBlog for news in Igbo

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by synergycom19: 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
We knew all along,GEJ use some for campaign then Madueke Diazani and Ngozi hold the rest for safe keeping,just ask them to bring it,sorry Mama peace help herself as well.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by toluleke(m): 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Oga Jona you try oo you transform Nigeria treasury account.. Transformation agenda..
Let them probe this man and his wife..

PEACE AIRLINE --owned by patience
Dame PEACE Trains -
Oga thiefinubu oya come oooo
Alison madueke baby..omo toh fine
Bobo sanusi lamido
Thug Wike..
Swetty 16 Stella oduah
Drug baroon Kashumu..and others..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Ilekeh(f): 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Probe all of them.

Many of you hooligans need to keep quiet. Do you not understand what transparency government or FOI Bill stand for again?

Instead of taking past administration responsible, you're foaming in the mouth. That's why your politicians steal......y'all won't make them take responsibility for their actions.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by bigboss80s(m): 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
I think we already know that which is the reason we elected him in the first place. But I am sure he is WILLING and ABLE to fix the Nigerian problem.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by mrborntodoit: 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
The treasury was meant to cater for the needs of the nation,it's normal for it to be spent and refilled with the nations income.

When Gej took over,it was almost empty,he worked with the funds left and generated more funds .

If their are any irregularities,then he should probe them.

The Daura President should stop giving flimsy excuses,he should get to work instead of complaining about virtually everything .

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by ednut1(m): 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
this was crystal clear like the biblical teke teke mene uphasin. GEJ,Alison and co, ko ni da fun yin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by idithlove(f): 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Oildichotomy(m): 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
[size=13pt]And the Daura man is appealing to the media to take it easy with him.. He is joking right !!grin

For his information, the MEDIA is in "SOCIAL" platform and that is where the action is, not some controlled newspaper houses.

Social media have more clout than any of those Adesina dumb spins!
I have arranged my virtual arsenals awaiting their "scammed Change" to materialize.
What nonsense?
[/size]

24 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Olujonwo Obasanjo Abandons His Matrimonial Home / Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me / Oshiomole Summons NWC Meeting After Suspension Is Lifted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.