Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) (4664 Views)

Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn / Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 08, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You are confused.

What Obasanjo left in excess crude account is $9billion and the governors squandered the money.

The legality of the said account is even being challenged in court as we speak.

Please may I remind you that OBJ left our minimum wage at N7500 while it was operated at 250% increase during Jonathan's administration. This is exactly what Okonjo Iweala foresaw and instructed the government of Yar'dua on its implications.

Even the present precarious stagnation in our States is all about wage bills hence your argument is null and void as the government made visible progress in transforming all sectors of our national life.
This minimum wage excuse again?
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:27am On Jul 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

This minimum wage excuse again?

Why are the Governors asking for bailout?

Buhari made the statement in relation to governors request for help to assist States in clearing salary arrears owed workers in their various States.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by PassingShot(m): 6:26am On Jul 08, 2015
BossTtdiamonds:

Nland's political section used to be filled with persons who bring up intelligent arguments. It's really disheartening seeing that our political section which used to be filled with intelligent minds is now being paraded by persons who are Jobless and have taken it upon themselves to make sure they derail every thread with senseless posts.
Intelligent minds like LRNZH, PassingShot, FastShipping rarely grace this section because of the silly comments and attitude of the Wailing wailers. The best we can do is to let them keep ranting and barking.. Since they derive much Joy at it
@ the emboldened, you captured it right. After all, not everyone enjoys throwing banters with kids.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Demdem(m): 10:23am On Jul 08, 2015
Obiagelli:
After listening to the president complain about the status of the national treasury, I thought to myself "what was baba expecting" but for the recent revelation of the Excess crude account ECA at $2 billion and LNG payment at $2 billion got me wondering how low the people can go.

In Buhari's exact words, "I met huge debts, virtually empty treasury ”

From my dictionary, definition of the word virtually
adverb
1. Almost but not quite.
2. Without exaggeration; literally In essence, but not in fact

ECA + LNG payments = $4 billion

I have read a lot from Nigerians including the leaders of the pdp saying the president lied us, I have read threads on Nairaland asking where the president is getting money for bail out from. I wonder who the real illiterate is, is it that we no longer understand simple English? should the President communicate with us in pidgin from now on?

$4 billion in savings for a country with a population of 170 million people is what? if not virtually empty treasury.

Little history

It is on record that former president Obasanjo left the country with $22 billion its excess crude account 2007, how did the Yar’Adua/Goodluck and Jonathan/sambo administration squander this savings despite record oil prices from 2010 - 2013?
our budget benchmark was $80 PB (highest) while crude oil sold for $132 (highest). Where was the excess going to?

forgive the disjointed nature of this write up.

This makes perfect sense. Only fools will think otherwise.
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Demdem(m): 10:31am On Jul 08, 2015
barcanista:
You don't have to act ignorant in public. Were you in limbo when we were crying that the Governors "forced" GEJ to share the ECA? Were you on exile when NOI and GEJ were on a running battle with the Govs led by APC Amaechi because the Govs wanted the ECA? Were you not aware that the Govs went to Supreme Court to say the ECA is illegal? Were you sleeping when the Minister was saying that the ECA has been depleted (thanks to the rogues called governors)?

Finally, were you in exile when GMb agreed with the governors in principle to share the leftover $2b in the ECA?

You APC fans can be ridiculous. And for the record, Buhari didn't meet "virtually" empty treasury.

Protection seeker, stop being foolish. Even Prof. Soludo thinks this position of urs is plain sttupid. Below was what he said, The witch Ngozi never responded to it. She bowed her head in shame, how come u are defending her position.

I hereby challenge your attempt to blame others for not saving for the rainy day. It is not a virtue when you are quick to appropriate all the credit when things are going well, but shift the blame when they go wrong. You blame the state governors— who, according to you, have taken the Federal Government to the Supreme Court—not that a Supreme Court judgment forced your hands. For your information, the governors have never agreed to savings and always threatened court action even under Obasanjo. Why did we save under Obasanjo but not under Jonathan? Two keywords explain it: leadership and integrity. Governor Amaechi said the governors insisted on sharing the funds because they found out that you were illegally fiddling with the savings. So, as Nigerians still wonder, if billions of dollars are now ‘missing’ under your nose, why should governors trust you to keep their money? Do the states that have taken the federal government to the Supreme Court and refused to save also include the PDP governors—who are in the majority? If so, then it is fatal: even governors of your own party, PDP, do not trust you to keep their money! Furthermore, did the governors also stop the Federal Government from saving part of its share? If you ran a surplus budget at the Federal level, you would have had credibility to blame others or to say they did not listen to your advice. The key point is that since you were running huge deficits yourself, it was also in your own interest to share the ECA. You did not show leadership or credibility, full stop!
Re: Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) by Demdem(m): 10:37am On Jul 08, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

While Rochas augments your stipend of #10 per post on NL in his support, APC and Jagaban with the one he stole and is still stealing in Imo state cool

Goon, i can see that u are still succking the witch's puccy. The commisioners have come out to declare that she lied. FCAA never gave her such permissions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Eastern Oilfieds They Don't Want You To See. / PDP Blasts Buhari:'Your 16yr Old Daughter Flew First Class To London Today'(pic) / MASS Protest:fayose Releases Shocking Statement On His Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.