Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab (1078 Views)

Certificate Scandal: Dino Melaye's Profile Altered By Senate On NASS Website- SR / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" / Cartoon Of NASS And Wardrobe Allowance By Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by tommysparks: 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
Due to the incessant rate of bombings in some northern states across Nigeria which are carried out by little girls putting on a full length Hijab to conceal the bombs strapped to their body, I am therefore suggesting and appealing to the Muslim community, the Federal and state governments and national assembly to place a BAN ON FULL LENGTH HIJAB And allow only the shoulder length hijab in all public places including markets, motor parks, mosques, churches, viewing centres, and street hawking. This ban should remain in force until the bombings stop.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by tommysparks: 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
This should be a first step to reduce or stop the bombings by little girls due to concealment under the hijab
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by samuel900(m): 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Let's see if they agree
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by heatflux: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
It's a possibility, but u re asking for trouble tho. Its a cultural heritage in the north.
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
if i hear say that house gree
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by jantofubu(m): 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
Our boko broda wnt agree
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by Ecoplexus: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
It was planned before; northern leaders kicked against it
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by dalyricist: 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
Issok

Hi guys, I did a song with my guy and I just dropped the single... You guys can download the song here http:// www.datafilehost.com/d/56774981 and drop your comments Airforce1, oya come show me the way, my nigga
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by tommysparks: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ecoplexus:
this time that it's a Muslim as head it might not be viewed with bias. @lalasticala and @barcanista your views are needed.
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
Northern states should ban hijab in public places. This will help a lot. Just that some of our brothers up North will read it as an infringement on their right as muslims. #Sad though

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
tommysparks:
Due to the incessant rate of bombings in some northern states across Nigeria which are carried out by little girls putting on a full length Hijab to conceal the bombs strapped to their body, I am therefore suggesting and appealing to the Muslim community, the Federal and state governments and national assembly to place a BAN ON FULL LENGTH HIJAB And allow only the shoulder length hijab in all public places including markets, motor parks, mosques, churches, viewing centres, and street hawking. This ban should remain in force until the bombings stop.
You don't Ă‘eed NASS to do that. The Northern states governments are responsible for that. The FG can only give such order when there is SoE.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by TheFreeOne: 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ecoplexus:

They will never allow nor support a southerner ban it but now will be a good time to consider it cos we have a northern muslim in power.

Such move will help curtail BH attacks but they may consider it a threat to their culture/religion and likewise they jealously hide their harems behind those veils.
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by Ecoplexus: 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
TheFreeOne:

They will never allow nor support a southerner ban it but now will be a good time to consider it cos we have a northern muslim in power.

Such move will help curtail BH attacks but they may consider it a threat to their culture/religion and likewise they jealously hide their harems behind those veils.

That is the problem of Nigeria, we put too much ethnic and cultural sentiments in things that there are not meant to be in.
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by atiakatata: 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
Why not kukuma ban Islam .. .Thats pretty easier or Divide the zoo and allow the baboons and monkeys parasite terrorists to rule themselves as they like.

I hate meeting people and they start asking me about the zoo terrorists

1 Like

Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by Dollyak(f): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ecoplexus:
I hope some of them get a taste of their medicine from one of the girls. Most of their children don't subscribe to the oppressive rule.
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by TheFreeOne: 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ecoplexus:

That is the problem of Nigeria, we put too much ethnic and cultural sentiments in things that there are not meant to be in.

Unfortunately the country is gradually going down the drain due to such sentiments. OBJ couldn't tackle sharia so as not to be seen as being against their religion and that may be the reason GEJ couldn't push for ban of hijab/burka in the fight against BH.
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by Candyrain(m): 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
heatflux:
It's a possibility, but u re asking for trouble tho. Its a cultural heritage in the north.
If they can't make do without it then they shouldn't complain about the mishap the cultural heritage is bringing upon them.
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by Beremx(f): 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
I concur outrightly! This will go a long way to curb the incessant bomb blast.

I remember when bombs go off in parked vehicles or vehicles ramming through crowded areas,there was a ban or rather people were told to report any incident of suspected abandoned vehicles,bombings stop drastically,next boko haram started using girls as suicide bombers.

Long Hijabs should be banned totally!
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by lilprinze: 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
our dura dullard and his brothers from the north won't agree .
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by baralatie(m): 8:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
PMB will never and the north will castrate him if he tries it.
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by tommysparks: 10:05am On Jul 09, 2015
baralatie:
PMB will never and the north will castrate him if he tries it.
I wish it was during abacha or yaradua, them no send what people will say as long as it's for the greater good.
Re: Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 09, 2015
Pmb will still do it when given the advise

tommysparks:
I wish it was during abacha or yaradua, them no send what people will say as long as it's for the greater good.

(1) (Reply)

Construction Going On At Ariaria Junction By Ukwu Mango Road In Aba / What Tompolo, MEND Leaders Will Discuss As They Regroup In Bayelsa / Buhari Clears Air On Niger Delta, Amnesty & NNPC In This Interview In Washington

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.