Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday (52360 Views)

See The Snake I Killed In The Midnight (pics) / I Killed 2 Scorpions In My Room This Morning / See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by wtfCode: 8:13am On Jul 15, 2015
somethings are not suppose to be in existence like; snakes, scorpions mosquitoes, houseflies etc are just mistakes.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by effrebor(m): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2015
TrishaP:
She?! undecided How'd you know that is a she?

I tire
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 15, 2015
stchinedu:

Please don't mislead people...

Google GABOON ADDER

Note:
I am not in any support of killing animals for no just cause but it better to let people know what they are dealing with and not just conclude it is harmless!

THAT SNAKE IS VERY DANGEROUS!!!
FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THIS IS NOT A GABOOD VIPER, YOU KNOW THEM BY THERE COLOUR.

GO AND READ MORE ABOUT SNAKE.

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by eaglechild: 8:22am On Jul 15, 2015
stchinedu:

Please don't mislead people...

Google GABOON ADDER

Note:
I am not in any support of killing animals for no just cause but it better to let people know what they are dealing with and not just conclude it is harmless!

THAT SNAKE IS VERY DANGEROUS!!!
You need the head to properly identify the snake.

It could be a young python.

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Calbarian(m): 8:22am On Jul 15, 2015
veave:

Nne I get goose bumps when I hear someone say snake.

. . . and someone was berating the Op earlier for not capturing the snake for possible sale to a zoo.

Op ran over the snake so it could have been an accident.

Anyways, at all times, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by austin4real(m): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2015
The snake doesn't have an antenna oooo, the head was cut off, and tied wit a rubber wire, if you look closely you would see

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by stchinedu: 8:24am On Jul 15, 2015
sonofananimal1:
FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THIS IS NOT A GABOOD VIPER, YOU KNOW THEM BY THERE COLOUR.

My friend I am reading about it and that is why I said it is a GABOON ADDER.
If you so much know about snake give us the name and tell me where to look it up. Coming here to say 'we know them by their colour' is totally misleading and unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by stchinedu: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2015
eaglechild:

You need the head to properly identify the snake.

It could be a young python.
It's possible but that one in the pics looks more than a python. I have seen a documentary on that specie on NATGEO WILD.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by sleeksamurai(f): 8:28am On Jul 15, 2015
PHfinest:
Echi eteka confirmed
Gaboon Adder
echo eteka is short and black.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 15, 2015
stchinedu:

My friend I am reading about it and that is why I said it is a GABOON ADDER .
If you so much know about snake give us the name and tell me where to look it up. Coming here to say 'we know them by their colour' is totally misleading and unacceptable.
ALLOW ME TO EDUCATE YOU,

YOU DON'T CALL IT ADDER, IT IS VIPER.
YOU KNOW THEM BY THE TRIANGULAR STRIP OR PATTERN AND THERE ARE LIGHT IN COLOUR.

AND YOU CANT FIND ADDER IN AFRICA, ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA, AUSTRALIA, AND THE REST.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by FBLJ(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2015
This is is baby Python, Nigeria you are so cruel to animals... you wan chop am?

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by MizFrances(f): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2015
veave:
E get antenna oh. Television snake...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by blesoh(f): 8:34am On Jul 15, 2015
Is this the season of snakes
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by CUM4WHAT(m): 8:34am On Jul 15, 2015
[size=28pt] ITS A PYTHON[/size]
carzola:
chaiiii... this village boy, u should have captured it.. thats a rare species of snake..
chemicool:
That's a young viper. Roast it guy, it's sweet.
carzola:
chaiiii... this village boy, u should have captured it.. thats a rare species of snake..

2 Likes

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Leadn(m): 8:35am On Jul 15, 2015
veave:
E get antenna oh. Television snake...

Why nah?! cheesy grin

seriously, one of the funniest comments I've read in a while! Television snake?! my God! cheesy

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by stchinedu: 8:37am On Jul 15, 2015
sonofananimal1:

ALLOW ME TO EDUCATE YOU,

Thanks for the 'education'. I will look it up.

However, if it's a viper like you said, is VIPER not DANGEROUS?
According to your earlier post (which necessitated my reply), you said the snake is harmless.

Also, you said in one of your replies that ADDER is not found in AFRICA. Did you read about it or you just postulated? Please be humble to read about GABOON ADDER before saying anything. It is actually found in WEST AFRICA.
If this is how you educate people, wahala dey o

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Princephelar(m): 8:37am On Jul 15, 2015
Kindly download "THE INTERVIEW" my audio comic skit. Link on my signature. Tnx for d love y'all
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by standout5: 8:38am On Jul 15, 2015
The snake is called ekwu in my language (Idoma).
It's shy & harmless during the day but dangerous during the night. is a very deadly snake.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by MadCow1: 8:39am On Jul 15, 2015
austin4real:
I actually trampled on the head with my car, was scared when I came out to see this

You killed the most beautiful and majestic snake in existence..

In my village, you would have been made to bury it like a human being.

Pythons are venomless and harmless to humans. They can't constrict a human nor swallow one.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by niceguy7(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Haba she is a young snake and not dangerous.
Eeeenh! U gatta b kidding.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by MadCow1: 8:39am On Jul 15, 2015
standout5:
The snake is called ekwu in my language (Idoma).
It's shy & harmless during the day but dangerous during the night. is a very deadly snake.

What's deadly about a python at night apart from your obvious phobia for snakes?

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by hrhobi1(m): 8:41am On Jul 15, 2015
sonofananimal1:

That's a puff adder or gaboon viper not a python

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by maxy097(m): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2015
MissSlimbody:
I guess its the season for snake killing.
Make me sef go vex kill snakegrin
You even resemble snake sef
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2015
hrhobi1:

That's a puff adder or gaboon viper not a python
LOOK THE STRIP OR PATTERN VERY WELL, IS IT TRIANGULAR IN SHAPE? IS THE BODY A LITTLE BIT LIGHTER?

SOME, THERE STRIPE ARE CONNECTED TO EACH OTHER
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by stchinedu: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2015
sonofananimal1:

ALLOW ME TO EDUCATE YOU,

AND YOU CANT FIND ADDER IN AFRICA, ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA, AUSTRALIA, AND THE REST.

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 15, 2015
stchinedu:

Thanks for the 'education'. I will look it up.

However, if it's a viper like you said, is VIPER not DANGEROUS?
According to your earlier post (which necessitated my reply), you said the snake is harmless.

Also, you said in one of your replies that ADDER is not found in AFRICA. Did you read about it or you just postulated? Please be humble to read about GABOON ADDER before saying anything. It is actually found in WEST AFRICA.
If this is how you educate people, wahala dey o
GABOON VIPER YOU CAN SEE THEM IN WEST AFRICA, WHILE THE ADDER YOU CANT SEE THEM IN AFRICA.

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SPECIES undecided

I SAID IT IS HARM LESS BECAUSE IT IS A PYTHON.
GEEZZ, YOU PEOPLE ARE LESS EDUCATED ABOUT ANIMAL.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by emorse(m): 8:49am On Jul 15, 2015
TrishaP:
Snakes are dangerous. That's how. lol
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Patented: 8:54am On Jul 15, 2015
a Rare species of snake abi? kindly name the species
carzola:
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by decountof(m): 8:56am On Jul 15, 2015
TrishaP:

NatGeowild........is your friend
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by stchinedu: 8:57am On Jul 15, 2015
sonofananimal1:
GABOON VIPER YOU CAN SEE THEM IN WEST AFRICA, WHILE THE ADDER YOU CANT SEE THEM IN AFRICA.

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SPECIES undecided

I SAID IT IS HARM LESS BECAUSE IT IS A PYTHON.
GEEZZ, YOU PEOPLE ARE LESS EDUCATED ABOUT ANIMAL.
Thanks professor. But you surprised me sir... undecided

Adders are part of the family Viperidae that makes them vipers. Thus, it's a different name for the same thing. As for the heat sensitive pits The Snake Forum lists them as vipers with no heat pits.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by andreernest28(m): 9:02am On Jul 15, 2015
I think we have to rename nairaland forum to snake island forum grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pregnant Mother In Bikini And Her 8 Children Strike A Pose (Photos) / Abroad Sisters, Stop Shaming Us / Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.