Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach (2746 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Saraki And Udom Rejoice As Super Eagles Score / Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today / APC Sets To Punish Tinubu Over His Role In Ondo Governorship Election -DailyPost (2) (3) (4)

PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by olillywales(m): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2015

The Nigeria Football Federation has confirmed it is in talks with former Super Eagles’ captain Sunday Oliseh with regards to the vacant position of the team’s Head Coach.

At the weekend, the NFF terminated the appointment of another former captain, Stephen Keshi, over breaches of core terms of his contract it.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-I4WpD3wQ3RE/VZ1YtjckN-I/AAAAAAAF1P0/jkbqGEsYGsA/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Following the encouragement of a team of the NFF Technical and Development Committee that is working on filling the vacant position, Sunday Oliseh met with NFF President Amaju Pinnick in London on Tuesday it stated on its official website.

“An offer has been made, and there is understanding, but we have to work out the final details of the agreement in a few days. Of course, the Executive Board has to give approval for his appointment based on the final terms to be agreed,” said Felix Anyansi-Agwu, chairman of the NFF Technical and Development Committee.

Thenff.com understands that Oliseh will come with a Foreign Technical Assistant, whose job description will centre around development programmes, and who will work with Clubs’ Youth Teams and certified Academies towards developing the game from the grassroots.

Current stand-in Coach Salisu Yusuf will also be in the new team, but with greater devotion to the home-based team, otherwise known as Super Eagles B, and will be the interface between the technical crew and the home boys.

Oliseh is expected to come up with a five –year developmental plan to fashion a unique playing and coaching philosophy for all the National Teams, and will for this purpose, interface regularly with coaches of those teams.

“We are also looking at how he will periodically organize clinics and seminars for coaches of Clubs in the Nigeria Professional Football League, probably once in a month, so as to strengthen the playing philosophy across board. A robust youth development programme, elite player development strategy and performance programmes to drive higher standards, among other core sustainable development programmes, are also part of the proposal,” Anyansi-Agwu added.

NFF President Amaju Pinnick said: “Sunday Oliseh has vast experience and immense knowledge of the game, and will certainly add value to what we are doing. He has bought into our vision and objectives towards the development of Nigeria football. He will command the respect of the players and we trust he has the temperament to work harmoniously with the Technical and Development Committee, the Technical Directorate and the Technical Study Group.

“On our part at the NFF, we will give him all the support to succeed as we have been giving to all our coaches. Subject to the approval of the NFF Executive Committee, we will conclude negotiations by weekend and he will be unveiled next week.”

Oliseh, 40, is presently a FIFA instructor, and runs a consultancy that trains and assesses coaches worldwide. He is also member of FIFA Technical Study Group.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/sunday-oliseh-to-take-over-as-super.html

Cc: lalasticlala, Ishilove
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
I smelll change
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by coolebux(m): 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
Oliseh is lucky because no Aboki declared an interest.
it would have been another CHANGE over.

Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Realdeals(m): 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
Okay o
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by dayo23(f): 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
coolebux:

grin grin grin gringrin

Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by UnknownT: 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
coolebux:

you don forget say dem fit deny d appointment as dem don dey do since and then announce that Manu Garba has been promoted from U20 to Super Eagles wink

Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by richidinho(m): 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nice one
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by CSTR2: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
Good man, with a decent amount of technical knowhow.
I thought the NFF would never grow an iota of common-sense.
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by trailblaiza(m): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
STALE. Next! angry
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by talktimi(m): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
Better than those expatriate p.e teachers we always used to employ in the foreign coaches.

Ps Keshi is coach grin
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by bigfrancis21: 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
Men! Its soo good to see Sunday Oliseh again after all these years!

He used to be one of my favourite eagles players back then in the 90s when Nigeria had a football team - the team of Jay Jayo Okocha, Sunday Oliseh, Aiyegbeni Yakubu, Kanu Nwankwo etc.!

He hasn't aged that much! cool

Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Ecoplexus: 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
I wish him the best.
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by amanze15(m): 7:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
Good angry
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by UnknownT: 7:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Men! Its soo good to see Sunday Oliseh again after all these years!

He used to be one of my favourite eagles players back then in the 90s when Nigeria had a football team - the team of Jay Jayo Okocha, Sunday Oliseh, Aiyegbeni Yakubu, Kanu Nwankwo etc.!

He hasn't aged that much! cool
Yakub Aiyegbeni shocked I guess you mean Dan Amokachi
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2015
Good decision from nff.
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Tightguy(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
I think it's somewhat a move in the right direction by the NFF , for the first time.
I really feel it's time for other hands to be tried as the gaffer for the Super Eagles . Better still , an ex player. At least let's see what Sunday Oliseh has to offer.
Meanwhile I hope those guys at the glass house are aware that Mr. Oliseh is a no-nonsense man. He is not the type of person that you can draw up a list of players to invite for ; or arrange a friendly match against the likes of Cape Verde or Ethiopia for .....
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by emmasege: 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
But Sunday once said on supersports that his wife was going to 'kill him' if he accepted the eagles' coaching job. So, what has changed?, change?
Anyway, he's welcome on board! cry
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
why are they acting like gays in the picture?
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by skyface00(m): 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hmmmm Good move, I hope NFF know story of these man, he's not a type u can bossy around. He's one of the player that started D don in national team
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Lyoncrescent: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
Oliseh cant be 40 years old but its okay.I understand.
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by otipoju(m): 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
Life sha...I remember when Nigerian fans were against this man for speaking the truth to authority.

It cost him and his teammates an appearance at korea japan 2002, Nigerian football has not fully recovered since then.

Today he is the most knowledgeable Nigerian coach with the highest grade coaching licence and exposure at the very heart if FIFA.
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by codephela(m): 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2015
Well..shrewd move,buts let's hope certain elements in that board will allow the fella do his job and give him the needed input to help in givin the eagles a playin style and ultimately building a good team...will he be given the time or wil they expect him to wield his wand and perform magic because there is no word like PATIENCE in this country,,all same wish him the best and hopefully a fruitful spell devoid of unnecessary rifts...

Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Chubhie: 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
Heard he came tops during the job interview that Keshi got due to the Nigerian factor a 3rd was picked ahead of Oliseh who came first.

I trust Oliseh to bring the needed change in our national teams. This is justice. Oliseh is the man for the job and he has my blessings.

With an official age of 40 he looks in great shape. A healthy mind in a healthy body is always a clincher.
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by ogawisdom(m): 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
Oliseh will b like a school boy coach instead siasia shld ve been called back n oliseh for under 23

Super eagles will b too much for him
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by kenny091(m): 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
I'm happy for 3 reasons;
1. Oliseh is a Nigerian as I don't believe in foreign coaches, the record is that NO foreign coach has ever won the world cup for any country goes to show why.

2. He seems to have gone through some training unlike the school PHE teacher coaches we have in the country with outdated ideas and no tactical nous.

3. He is from the East so Buhari would not be attacked by PDP loyalists on twitter.
Football is probably the only thing left that unites us as a Nation. Goodluck and welcome Oliseh
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by front247: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
UnknownT:
you don forget say dem fit deny d appointment as dem don dey do since and then announce that Manu Garba has been promoted from U20 to Super Eagles wink
gbam, it is just for manu garba to get in touch wit d daura dullardee and indicate interest
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by JUBILEE2000: 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Chubhie:
Heard he came tops during the job interview that Keshi got due to the Nigerian factor a 3rd was picked ahead of Oliseh who came first.

I trust Oliseh to bring the needed change in our national teams. This is justice. Oliseh is the man for the job and he has my blessings.

With an official age of 40 he looks in great shape. A healthy mind in a healthy body is always a clincher.

lol what do you mean by official age of 40?
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Eden007(m): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
I
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Naijiant: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Wish him well I can't remember the last time I watch super eagles match
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by Tecnonews24: 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
kenny091:
I'm happy for 3 reasons;
1. Oliseh is a Nigerian as I don't believe in foreign coaches, the record is that NO foreign coach has ever won the world cup for any country goes to show why.

2. He seems to have gone through some training unlike the school PHE teacher coaches we have in the country with outdated ideas and no tactical nous.

3. He is from the East so Buhari would not be attacked by PDP loyalists on twitter.
Football is probably the only thing left that unites us as a Nation. Goodluck and welcome Oliseh

point of correction, oliseh is from delta state, south south and not east
Re: PHOTOS: NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh, Sets To Take Over As Super Eagles Coach by pazienza(m): 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
kenny091:
I'm happy for 3 reasons;

Oliseh is not from the East, he is from Delta state ( Mid west).

But yea, I get the point you were trying to pass across. He is an Igbo man, of Anioma stock. Precisely from Ebedei in Ukwuaniland. Heard his maternal home is Abavo in Ika.

So, we replaced an Anioma Igbo man( Keshi) with another( Oliseh) . No problem.

See The Weird Humanlike Creature That Was Seen In London Today / Corruption Probe: Jonathan Sent Us To Beg Buhari – Bishop Kukah Confesses / Yoruba And Hausa Wailing Over Igbos