Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio (808 Views)

I Was Begged In My Home To Lead PDP – Sheriff / I Will Lead PDP To Retake Power In 2019 – Agbaje / Sheriff ‘to Lead’ PDP For Three Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
Senator Godswill Akpabio has said all senators in the National Assembly are equal.

The former Governor of Akwa-Ibom State said this when asked about his desire to vie for the position of Minority Leader in the Senate.

The party had said certain criteria must be met in choosing members of the party who would lead its members in the Senate.

National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, who reeled out the criteria on behalf of members of the National Working Committee of the party, listed ranking, region and gender among such criteria.

Though the party zoned the position of Senate Minority Leader to the South-South, where Akpabio hails from, he is however a first timer in the Senate.

This criteria knocks him out of the race.

“We have directed them to note that in accordance with the practice and convention of our party. The nomination process should take into consideration ranking, gender and religious sensitivities,” Metuh had said,

But after his meeting with members of the NWC in Abuja on Wednesday evening, the former governor said it was not the question of whether he had interest in the race, but his capacity to do the job.

Akpabio said, “I came (to see the NWC members) in my usual consultation with the party on national issues.

“(Interest in minority leader position) It is not a question of interest, it is a question of capacity. So if I have the capacity, my colleagues will decide.

“In the Senate, everybody is equal but some have been there for a long time like the ranking senators and all that. So, when you have the opportunity to be in the red chamber, you have equal rights to aspire to any position but you first have to be sure that your colleagues will be interested in you.

“If my name has been mentioned, probably by my colleagues, and I consult, and at the end of my consultations with stakeholders of our party across the nation, I will be able to make appropriate statement.”

He said the election of the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, was supported by embers of the ruling party in the Senate, the All Progressives Congress.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ive-capacity-to-lead-pdp-in-senate-akpabio/
Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
PDP, APC=same
Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by wisehuman156(m): 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
You even have the capacity to lead Nigeria. Senate is just secondary!
Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by Tecnonews24: 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
I can boldly Tell you that PDP Will handle this without much Noise.
Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by richidinho(m): 10:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
Akpabio should calm down, for now I think Sen.James Manager is the right choice

Lalasticlala ishilove food don done
Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by doctokwus: 10:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
wisehuman156:
Maybe he has d capacity to lead your village people but definitely not a post Jonathan Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by ogba20: 10:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
wisehuman156:
. The man get weight. Carry go we re all behind u. Obot
Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
Akpabio no gree oo! Except you have got any corruption backage on you... I thought PDP said they were 'Democrats'?
Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by evy1(m): 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
richidinho:
Akpabio should calm down, for now I think Sen.James Manager is the right choice

Lalasticlala ishilove food don done
Sen James manager has been ruled out of the position,since mr Leo ogor has been nominated in the HOR for the position of minority leader.
Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by EdCure: 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nonsese! EFCC is on its way to lead you out of Senate to Uyo prison.

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by abdulahijenifer(f): 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
From the First Lady of Nigeria"Hello my fellow Nigerians" I want to use
this medium to appreciate everyone of
you. Toward's the support you gave to my
husband,for making him the President
of this great Nation. This is to inform all
Nigerian youths, anyone who is
insterested in joining any Nigeria force
work such as
Army,Navy,Airforce,Custom,Police,NSCDC etc or
want to work in Government/Private
Companies or need a LOAN to start up
business for self and family without
insterest when paying back,please
contact DR Ade Bayo Oga on: 07065996147
for immediate processing. That is the way I feel I can help Nigerian youths I love u all.
Sign. Hajiya Aisha Buhari. Nigerian's
first lady.
Re: I’ve Capacity To Lead PDP In Senate – Akpabio by modath(f): 12:40am On Jul 10, 2015
Please do a Saraki & Dogara

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Used $1bn Govt. Money For Jonathan’s Re-election — Oshiomhole / Questions To Ask About NIGER DELTA Armnesty Program / We Did Not Bar Anybody From VIP Lounge,femi Adesina.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.