Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable (28489 Views)

Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School / Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University / 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by EduRegard: 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
FP. Thanks to the Mods.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by DrSage(m): 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
EduRegard:
True talk though
Fattbabakay,hw far?
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by ednut1(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
d jobs cant go round
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by Brytawon(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nigeria will only become a better place if we become self-employers.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by Segadem(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
EduRegard:

SMH
... But I'm yet to see ur comment. Meanwhile SMH means : Smile My Hater
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by kamez(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
trust me even if all graduates have all these qualities, there will still be unemployable because the there is inadequate jobs in Nigeria period

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by EduRegard: 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
DrSage:
Fattbabakay,hw far?
Lol...I dey o...How u take sabi say na me?
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by EduRegard: 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
Segadem:
... But I'm yet to see ur comment.
Meanwhile SMH means : Smile My Hater
I am the OP
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by EduRegard: 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dharniel:

you say?
Derailer
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by Viktor1983(m): 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
EduRegard:

And here comes some of the so-called graaduates.... grin grin grin wink wink wink

so you don't know that nairaland has thousands of visitors? look my signature, I dey find small exposure for my hustle before I go fit afford to advertise for seun hand.
where I come from we no dey fit wait for govt job oo, na to enter street begin hustle
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by sonnyudoh(m): 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
Would the government die if dey make this employment exercise like immunization , go to every household knock on the doors ask in the family who n who isn't employed and make sure they get a job.. Then alsoake refusal to accept this jobs to warrant a jail term. This can actually be done in Nigeria.. And i swear we would not bother them again
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
98% of them all want a White Caller job.!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by EduRegard: 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
solaugo:
Updates on Post UTME....
So, this is the best you can contribute?
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by EduRegard: 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lizabeth25:
98% of them all want a White Caller job.!
exactly

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by adedayourt(m): 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTROVERT:

Jus btw u nd I, nobody can read dis as u d only person equiped to see it. jus wana ask hw the Fukk do u achieve d FTc?

Fone?
NETWORK?
Etc
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by HENSEXIE(f): 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
angry quite true specialy Ɖά̲†̥ N̶̲̥̅̊☺ 4
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by EduRegard: 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
ednut1:
d jobs cant go round
But can be sufficient enough.
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by XuteSleeks(m): 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
[quote author=histemple post=35696564]This points are absolutely true. No doubt. But while we ascribe the avoidable but pitiable unemployment rate in our nation to these excuses, It is my informed submission that all graduates are employable but the conundrum is identifying where such graduates are needed to fully maximize their latent potential. And based on this premise, it is a problem of lack of sufficient employment opportunities. Even in the best universities in the world, we still have dunce there and some of their graduates are also incompetent but that is not to totally exonerate some of our schools from the blame. Our curriculum needs to be reviewed because sometimes they load our brains with courses that are not related or useful to our course of study.
The university/college only guides an individual to achieve a well defined controlled behaviour called discipline but how far you develop yourself is entirely your own volition depending on how voracious you are for more information and knowledge. Thanks to the Internet.
Our government should create jobs for everyone because I insist that all graduates are employable in some areas across all the sectors of the economy including agriculture. Government should stop hiding under the cloak of unemployability to justify the lack of job creation.
[b]Most importantly, while everyone can't be entrepreneurs, our graduates should consider self employment. Have you ever wondered why there is no employee in the list of the world's richest persons?[/[/b]quote]

Absolutely true but we should bear in mind that they were once employees before becoming the world's richest men.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by ademasta(m): 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
La cram la pout, la swallow la vomit!
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by EduRegard: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
kamez:
trust me even if all graduates have all these qualities, there will still be unemployable because the there is inadequate jobs in Nigeria period
But the jobs can be sufficient enough.
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by EduRegard: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
Viktor1983:

so you don't know that nairaland has thousands of visitors? look my signature, I dey find small exposure for my hustle before I go fit afford to advertise for seun hand.
where I come from we no dey fit wait for govt job oo, na to enter street begin hustle
LOL

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
Justjyde:
Start at Primary1-6: Teach dignity of labour.
At JSS1-3: Teach basic hand-work and business skills.
At SSS1-3: Each student must have a trade along with formal education

At SSS3 graduation: Student can decide to pursue his/her trade or take further apprenticeship in same or another trade

At University: Flexible opportunity to practice trade (with compensation commensurate to productivity) can be in form of a trade center that produces real products for National/International consumption

At Graduation: Graduate already has 4-7 years experience (depending on course of study), some cash (where possible) and dignity!!

See, problem fixed!

LWKMDFH

Op u skipped one very important one. Nepotism
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by KEVIND: 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
'Our government should create jobs for everyone because I insist that all graduates are employable in some areas across all the sectors of the economy including agriculture. Government should stop hiding under the cloak of unemployability to justify the lack of job creation'.

This is just the truth. The Supply is far more than the Demand.Graduates are 10x the available jobs in the Country

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
OP, I can't read this because your TOPIC alone has been nullified.

The only HUMAN that is UNEMPLOYABLE is a SICK Chap and it still depends on the degree of ailment.

In CHINA, HP COMPUTERS manufacture 60,000 LAPTOPS on daily basis.

Most of the EMPLOYEES there were taken based on EFFICIENCY and SMARTNESS and not on academic grounds.

In VERNICO street in ITALY, most FOOTWEARS made there, were done by hardworking VILLAGERS and not graduates.

Such shoes are worn by prime ministers and world leaders.

In OSLO and SHANGHAI, Fishing alone can move a country forward.

As NIGERIANs, We always believe that U Can only make it if u get EDUCATED.

We NEED POWER, good roads and railsystems and INDUSTRIES.

This is why a particular TRIBE in NIGERIA, will keep GROWING from strength to strength despite GOVERNMENT neglect.

I won't mention the name of the TRIBE
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by eleko1: 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
sad Wetin the guy do U/wic sch/year?.
donsmall94:
I hear
Ur moniker reminds me of one guy like dat 4 my school SUG excos d guy lipsrsealed though.
undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by gudho99(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
ThiS is to inform u that stUdents who failed jamb should Not panic....u Can gain admission into 200L in any university of ur choice. For more info call 08184372095 or 08109671778
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by donsmall94(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
eleko1:
sad Wetin the guy do U/wic sch/year?. undecided
No need to know cause u don't know who is who on this platform, but back den I don't like the guy.
My opinion ooo
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by Sirniyeh(m): 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
histemple:
This points are absolutely true. No doubt. But while we ascribe the avoidable but pitiable unemployment rate in our nation to these excuses, It is my informed submission that all graduates are employable but the conundrum is identifying where such graduates are needed to fully maximize their latent potential. And based on this premise, it is a problem of lack of sufficient employment opportunities. Even in the best universities in the world, we still have dunce there and some of their graduates are also incompetent but that is not to totally exonerate some of our schools from the blame. Our curriculum needs to be reviewed because sometimes they load our brains with courses that are not related or useful to our course of study.
The university/college only guides an individual to achieve a well defined controlled behaviour called discipline but how far you develop yourself is entirely your own volition depending on how voracious you are for more information and knowledge. Thanks to the Internet.
Our government should create jobs for everyone because I insist that all graduates are employable in some areas across all the sectors of the economy including agriculture. Government should stop hiding under the cloak of unemployability to justify the lack of job creation.
Most importantly, while everyone can't be entrepreneurs, our graduates should consider self employment. Have you ever wondered why there is no employee in the list of the world's richest persons?

Kudos to your IQ! By their posts we know them. May God bless your mind for me....
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by joseph1832(m): 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
So according to the OP, he is saying all Nigerian graduates are unemployable? Never minding the ones who are gainfully employed?
Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
histemple:
This points are absolutely true. No doubt. But while we ascribe the avoidable but pitiable unemployment rate in our nation to these excuses, It is my informed submission that all graduates are employable but the conundrum is identifying where such graduates are needed to fully maximize their latent potential. And based on this premise, it is a problem of lack of sufficient employment opportunities. Even in the best universities in the world, we still have dunce there and some of their graduates are also incompetent but that is not to totally exonerate some of our schools from the blame. Our curriculum needs to be reviewed because sometimes they load our brains with courses that are not related or useful to our course of study.
Most importantly, while everyone can't be entrepreneurs, our graduates should consider self employment. Have you ever wondered why there is no employee in the list of the world's richest persons?
babe let me marry u and I will set up a business for u, u don't need a job.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable by Sirniyeh(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
EVILFOREST:
OP, I can't read this because your TOPIC alone has been nullified.

The only HUMAN that is UNEMPLOYABLE is a SICK Chap and it still depends on the degree of ailment.

In CHINA, HP COMPUTERS manufacture 60,000 LAPTOPS on daily basis.

Most of the EMPLOYEES there were taken based on EFFICIENCY and SMARTNESS and not on academic grounds.

In VERNICO street in ITALY, most FOOTWEARS made there, were done by hardworking VILLAGERS and not graduates.

Such shoes are worn by prime ministers and world leaders.

As NIGERIANs, We always believe that U Can only make it if u get EDUCATED.

We NEED POWER, FACTORIES and INDUSTRIES

Well addressed!
When I come up here to say I made millions, many will think it is with one kind certificate

SKILL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adey Orla Bags PhD In Biomedical Engineering From University Of Saskatchewan / NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week / Dear Ex-classmates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.