Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab (51192 Views)

Soldier Beats Driver In Lagos BRT Driving Booth (Pics) / Lady Knocked Down By A Hit & Run Driver In Abuja. Do You Know Her? (Pics) / Young Female BRT Driver In Lagos, Her Smile Is Charming (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
Everybody with their headaches... On judgement day its each person to their judgement seat .. there's no lapping at all.. talk more of aiding or speakin for someone... I still wonder y all dese gay topics r making frontpage... ?? Well... their p..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Iyke1998(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
Somebody give me dagger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Neplusultra(f): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
Reminds me of Mbaogu in an old skool movie! "Nwa Bekee emebisigo omenala anyi"
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by omonnakoda: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
OK Eboe peeps should go and organize their protest picket
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
nagoma:

No free speech in Canada? What he saw was really disgusting in his opinion.

Ha...there is free speech.

But when to use free speech.

If you were in the UK for instance...and a racist from a neo-Nazi group called you a white monkey....well.....he is exercising his right to free speech. You would also be exercising your right not to be abused...when you report him to the Police for racially abusing you. (And yes....it is a criminal offense there too.A young white man got sentenced for racially abusing an elderly black man who happened to be a WW2 veteran.).

In my opinion, Eze was right to be offended (I myself do not necessarily approve of any copule....gay or straight .....kissing in public). But he is in a country that respects the right of people to kiss in public...gay or straight....and as such he should keep his offence to himself.

You know....in this world, there are many things I find offensive. If I shouted about all of them however....I would be regarded at least as a busybody noisemaker. So....silence. I treat many people as a doctor. People who do not think or believe the same things I do. If I yelled at them for being of a particular religion or grouping...or even of a particular orientation....I won;t last long as a doctor.That is where tact and wisdom and knowing there is a time for everything comes in.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Soukiss(m): 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
naij.I like the way we are doing our tin.anywhere u go naija is still in the blood. JOHN and JAMES. dey kiss u com put mouth. OK ooh
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Whatever you think about gays....the fact of the matter is Eze is in a country where gay rights are respected...and where insulting gays is a form of discrimination.....same as insulting black people.(If Eze had been racially abused by a white supremacist....you people would have been defending him well well...and said supremacist would have been arrested.).So...one should be tactful....in such a situation.

(And no....I do not support gay rights,especially as I am a born again Christian).
yea...you're right..

maybe he should've left the car for them embarassed
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by knightsTempler: 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
papaejima1:
Gosh, so disgusting I wanna puke!

You were disrespected Mr fagg? How about showing the cabbie some respect by not sucking your fellow mans tongue in his cab?

Respect is a two way thing. You wanna suck his intestines! Pls do it in ur rooms!

Nonsense

Lol cheesy

I have to agree with you, don't flaunt it in my face and I'm fine with it.
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Maintech: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
prodiG:
He shouldn't have said anything

sukkot:
stu-pid driver. i send you out as sheep amongst wolves so be as wise as serpents ( which serpents are cunning so it means adapt to wherever environment you find yourself ) and be as harmless as doves

WIZGUY69:
Lesson for Nigerians abroad.
try to mind your business.
and respect your host community.

Holyman3:
Very silly man.. He should be deported back to his backward Zoo country.

Gay men... kontinew

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
Tomfrench:
yea...you're right..

maybe he should've left the car for them embarassed

Everyday people do things in my presence that I find offensive.

That is where tolerance .....which does not necessarily mean acceptance.....comes in.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Armaggedon: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Whatever you think about gays....the fact of the matter is Eze is in a country where gay rights are respected...and where insulting gays is a form of discrimination.....same as insulting black people.(If Eze had been racially abused by a white supremacist....you people would have been defending him well well...and said supremacist would have been arrested.).So...one should be tactful....in such a situation.

(And no....I do not support gay rights,especially as I am a born again Christian).
'insulting' gays is not discrimination. The fact that the country views it so doesnt mean its actually that way.
Yes Eze is in another man's country but he was the driver of the car.
Even taxi driver in naija wouldnt tolerate such acts between man and wife in his car. So i dont blame him.
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Captainswag225(m): 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
what is this world turning into? How can the west allow gays to rule them?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by kingthreat(m): 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
Don't worry Steven Eze, you will get a better job.
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by djredefined25: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Burger01(m): 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
berrystunn:

you be gay .....
I am not! But, Canada has gay rights...so reespect their gay rights sad
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Idrismusty97(m): 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
Foolish man...Next is to have his arse deported back to the holyland of Nigeria where gays have no right... without a job of course. What are you looking for in Sodom and Gomorrah while Nigeria is the new Jerusalem hypocrite.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by djredefined25: 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
Its Big Its Strong.... And Its Light.One of The Top Android Phones of The Year 2015

It is The All New ITEL INOTE PRME

+
Best Price Nationwide

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by abbey621(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lack of professionalism. When you are working for a company or you run your own business, the consumers are to be treated with the highest level of respect. They are the ones keeping your business profitable, keep your personal opinion to yourself. See what he has done to himself, now his source of livelihood is taken from him all because of one word.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Everyday people do things in my presence that I find offensive.

That is where tolerance .....which does not necessarily mean acceptance.....comes in.
sure
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by steppin: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
Burger01:
I am not! But, Canada has gay right...so reespect their gay right sad
Yes, you are! Jobless self-servicer!
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by usmanjay(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
this is end time for those saying he is buzy body,mind ur business etc should have a rethink gay is evil it's ungodly

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
Armaggedon:
'insulting' gays is not discrimination. The fact that the country views it so doesnt mean its actually that way.
Yes Eze is in another man's country but he was the driver of the car.
Even taxi driver in naija wouldnt tolerate such acts between man and wife in his car. So i dont blame him.

Your last comment touches on a difference between Western society and Nigerian Society.

Western society is individualistic. Nigerian society is communal.

In Nigeria,for instance, I can correct a child that is not my own for misbehaving...and the parents would be grateful. Try that in the West. A young British man corrected a young boy for swearing at an old man recently. Said young Brit was arrested and convicted of abusing the child.Child got....no punishment.Mother of child....angry with the man.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
freakthingz:
Hmmm ah he shouldn't have insulted now

principle is good but apply it with tact

i'm sure if he told them to stop kissing instead of abusing he would still have his job
You don't tell people to stop kissing in UK. He should respect their rights. He may not approve of homosexuality but their constitution does
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by adconline(m): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Yeyelicious man! Hope he gets slammed with a law suit. Law of the land says that Illegal Immigrants have rights and can sue and he has no problem with that??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Cyriloha(m): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
piicity:
shocked The man be like:
I never see this kind thing before oo
no in a want tell me say those two dey Bleep but from were and how them dey do am. ...someone xplain NOW! !!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by ProdigyLoco(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
this gay ppl are the devil for real, what the fuc is gay rights anyways, fuccing babies straight ppl get dissed all the time and nobody gives 2 fucs, but just because this fruity boy act is being called 'disgusting' which of a fact it is ... he goes on social media to destroy another man's way of living ...... bloody gays angry
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
Burger01:
Busybody..Good for him sad

^^^
Don't mind him. He thought he was on nairaland cheesy

You are gay? oh.... can see that, if I catch U, I will burn U to ashes, I will not wait for GOD to send fire on U.
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by mekaboy(m): 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Im sure many Nigerians will eat sheet just to remain in canada. See as them dey insult the man.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Holyman3(m): 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Maintech:

Gay men... kontinew

Baboon.. What good thing have your useless country ever come up with or invented?

Name just one.
Re: Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab by Burger01(m): 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
sisnowee:

You are gay? oh.... can see that, if I catch U, I will burn U to ashes, I will not wait for GOD to send fire on U.
Lol. Go and burn your uncles to ashes cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / #endsars: I Drove Around Lagos To See Changes (pics, Video) / Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.