Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS (715 Views)

Buhari Rejects Files, Orders Aides To Meet Osinbajo / Shia Muslim Group Rejects FG Move To Disobey Court Order On Zakzaky / Buhari Rejects US Gay Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS by Holyfield1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has turned down the federal government’s offer to procure five new armoured Mercedes Benz S-600 (V222) cars for his use, Punch reports.

The collective cost of the cars is reported to be N400 million.

According to the report:

A Presidency source told journalists on Thursday that Buhari got to know of the plan when the Permanent Secretary, State House, Nebolisa Emodi, was briefing him of his ministry’s activities on Wednesday.

Miffed by the revelation, the President was said to have told Emodi that the purchase was unnecessary.

Describing it as a waste of scarce resources, the source said Buhari told the permanent secretary that the cars he inherited from former President Goodluck Jonathan were good enough for him.

“I don’t need any new cars. The ones I am using now are just fine,” the source quoted the President as saying.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/10/buhari-rejects-400million-naira-cars/

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS by madridguy(m): 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
K
Re: Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS by Israel5(m): 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
Trying to make you god look like a saint? *spits* you disgust me!
Re: Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
Who are the Federal Government.
Re: Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS by ayokellany: 11:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
Israel5:
Trying to make you god look like a saint? *spits* you disgust me!

I bet your father disgust you too. Spit on you and your father.
Re: Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS by Israel5(m): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2015
ayokellany:

I bet your father disgust you too. Spit on you and your father.
bastard! Have u askd ur father why he had to dilute his rotten sperm with palmwine to get your LovePeddler mother pregnant? Pin brain headed midget!
Re: Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS by phantom(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2015
Israel5:
bastard! Have u askd ur father why he had to dilute his rotten sperm with palmwine to get your LovePeddler mother pregnant? Pin brain headed midget!
it really is disgusting seeing People like you who behave the Total opposite of their "wonderful" signatures.
Re: Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS by Israel5(m): 11:46am On Jul 11, 2015
phantom:
it really is disgusting seeing People like you who behave the Total opposite of their "wonderful" signatures.
life itself is a wonder
Re: Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
Who is FG?
Re: Buhari Rejects Fg’s Offer To Give Him Armored Cars Worth N400 Million- CHANNELS by histemple: 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
During the Nigerian 2015 general electioneering campaign, Nigerians were promised all the wonderful things that would transform the nation to a paradise if and when implemented by a possible APC led government. While this manifesto worked effectively and endeared Buhari to millions of Nigerians both at home and in the diaspora, some were still suspiciously skeptical about the sincerity of purpose. Some even registered strong repulsion on the person of Buhari based on his antecedents as a former head of state.

While the PDP aired documentaries to portray the person of Buhari as an evil to avoid, the APC convinced Nigerians that the fierce campaign of calumny was mendacious, jejune, infantile and a diversionary measure to shift the attention of Nigerians from pertinent issues and the genuine intentions of the party towards solving our obvious problems.
From his antecedents, to forgery, to health status, to senility and even perjury, the person of Buhari was severely attacked. Clearly, not all Nigerians believed either party verbatim and it reflected in the shared votes as the margin wasn't much.

However, the election was widely adjudged as transparently free and fair despite little observed irregularities in some quarters and Buhari became Nigeria's president. Thanks to the Prof. Attahiru Jega led INEC. For a smooth and hitch free transition, former president Jonathan was widely celebrated as a hero.

Following Buhari's reluctance in forming his cabinet, many concerned Nigerians perceived his inactions as an indication of a confused mind. Even a Lagos based lawyer sought a court injunction to declare him incompetent. More so, Buhari's deafening silence on his party's position on the choice of principal officers of the national assembly and his perceived selective favoritism in his few appointments, was seen as mischievously precluding and decimating other regions.

But in all of these issues, I have followed the Buhari's administration keenly and I think he isn't bothered by these criticisms. I think that alone is commendable. More so, Buhari seem to be focused on delivering his promises to the people as he strives to minimize corruption and cost of governance. Recently Buhari rejected a proposal to buy new cars for his use and insisted that he will make due with the existing presidential fleet used by his predecessor. That again is unprecedented in the history of our nascent democracy. As an example, other government officials have started accepting a whooping 50% pay cut in order to fix the Nigerian state.

As it stands, the only partially justifiable aggression is his delay in appointing ministers. But thinking deeply, we are not suffering the absence of ministers as most of them were or will be just figure heads. In almost all ministries and agencies, the permanent Secretaries have better useful understanding as they have been there for ages than a minister who often times is a novice to the activities of the ministry as a mere political appointee. Although some are sound.

Another area is the selective favoritism for the North. In my opinion, the average Nigerian is more interested in how his/her life is improved by the activities and policies of the government than who occupies which position. Aside some unfounded primordial sentiments, the representation of some regions by some politicians has brought more suffering to them and the politicians don't seem to care about their plight.

I was never a Buhari supporter and couldn't have voted for him at the time. Just like most informed Nigerians, my expectations is not entirely based on Buhari's campaign promises as a few of them are unreliastic and no politician anywhere in the world has delivered his/her campaign promises 100% but I think Buhari has shown that when sincerely supported, we will have a better Nigeria.
This represents my opinion and mine only just as your objective views, constructive criticism and opinion is highly welcomed.

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Kicked Against Searches Conducted On Women Wearing Hijab / BUHARI - No Longer A Pariah By Sam Omatseye / Ex-army Chiefs To Be Investigated Over Buhari’s 'missing' Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.