Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning (38894 Views)

Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? / Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? / 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning [must Read] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by donfarad(m): 8:21am On Jul 12, 2015
Nice one. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by delishpot: 8:22am On Jul 12, 2015
Prayers are meant to calm ones nerves, keep one focused on his goals and keeps one open to opportunities. So prayer is good to help the one who is praying. Now thankfulnes is for the supreme one. Just ad you thank anyone who does sonething good to one.

Hiploko:
So many demonic agents on this thread.. All of you shud go read matt 7:7... You have to ask before you receive so that you don't blame God later. He learnt from Adam. Prayer in Jesus name is life!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by herald9: 8:23am On Jul 12, 2015
strawberryinc:

Reading from your post, you must be a muslim
Islamabad
Not me and you.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by Krisgift(f): 8:25am On Jul 12, 2015
Atheists !
you guys just succeeded in disrupting this great thread.
God have mercy on you folks.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by mablie(m): 8:27am On Jul 12, 2015
hahn:

No sir. Its now 30% due to the fall of the naira and other global socio economic issues
Ole
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by XYZADIGOR7: 8:28am On Jul 12, 2015
Let's pray
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by jhydebaba(m): 8:28am On Jul 12, 2015
Mods are atheist... Thats the reason this post is on FP.

Not for the message the post convey but for the bashing it received n will receive.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by Bonapart(m): 8:30am On Jul 12, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
Re-arrange your post for readable pleasure
just receive the message and leave out pleasure
You think it's a novel? gosh!! People can be annoying
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by cold(m): 8:31am On Jul 12, 2015
The reasons to pray as alluded to by the op are peculiarities of a developing nation like Nigeria where you have to worry about the oppressive heat because you haven't had electricity for days,robbers,crooked policemen/women,kidnappers,crooked pastors,terrorists etc.
In developed climes where you're sure when you hit the switch the light comes on,you get to the train station and you know too well the train will arrive at 8:30 as scheduled or get into your car without any fear of the police trying to extort you or robbers making away with your valuables,no worries about kidnapping,the healthcare system is top notch,the intelligence services are on top of their game looking for tell tale signs of radicalised individuals that may want to harm others in the name of their god. The need for having to supplicate to a god constantly, diminishes or becomes more and more redundant.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by braine(m): 8:31am On Jul 12, 2015
Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by SuperMaq: 8:31am On Jul 12, 2015
herald9:
So your God doesn't know his duty or he just forget it on purpose so you need to remind him all the time.

Isn't he your heavenly father again? imagine how it would be if you have to remind your dad every time to provide food for you!

Indirectly you're asserting he's suffering from dementia. Lol.

And please, you guys should Stop using the misfortune of others as a point in thanking your god. It's normal assumption that God loves everybody and doesn't segregate, then why thanking your god because 'you are not like the other guy who slept yesterday and never woke up'. That's hypocrisy.

In my opinion tho.

Thanks for your response.

Prayer is more than asking God for things. Many pray amiss because they don't understand the scriptures. When you grow in Christ, you'd find out you don't need to ask Him to give you anything because everything is already yours. Following from your analogy, when the kid grows up, he doesn't ask for food, he takes the food because it's already in the house.

And there are different kinds of prayers guided by specific rules. But we won't go into that at this time. And yes, God demands we pray not because He is forgetful or uncaring but because we are the ones running this world: He gave us the authority to run things here. And Prayer is an opportunity to superimpose spiritual realities upon/over earthly situations which may not, at the time, be what we want. Prayer is also an opportunity to make things better for us and for others, nations, etc.

So you see, prayer is much more than "Lord give me this and that. Do this and that for me". One can pray for an hour without asking God for anything.

Prayer is a subject most or us need to have an accurate understanding of. I prayer this morning for about a hour, mostly in other tongues, and I didn't ask God for anything. There are levels and like I said earlier, there are different kinds of prayers.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by johnydon22(m): 8:31am On Jul 12, 2015
Krisgift:
Atheists !
you guys just succeeded in disrupting this great thread.
God have mercy on you folks.
Amen sister grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by herald9: 8:33am On Jul 12, 2015
figo05:

U are indeed a sango worshipper. I pray this morning that u find urself in a situation nobody can help u, then u will run to thhe. Most High God after u must have realised ur ignorance concerning d comment u just made.
If your prayers couldn't chase Boko Haram out of Sambisa... It can't do nothing to me.

All the same, same to yousmiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by kevoh(m): 8:37am On Jul 12, 2015
The atheists just hijacked the first page tongue
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by johnydon22(m): 8:38am On Jul 12, 2015
kevoh:
The atheists just hijacked the first page tongue
tongue hehehehe
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by Beesluv: 8:39am On Jul 12, 2015
sunshine1974:
The op just ministered to me, my prayer life has really suffered kwashiokor for months. Starting tomoro monday I promise to pray morning and night.

You can still pray now, its not too late
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by Petdagr8t(m): 8:40am On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=Charleschidera post=35733638]I have noticed that 80% of people don’t pray when they wake up in the morning because of one reason or the other. So i decided to write about it.

You may see someone roaming around internet till 1.00am just chatting. When the person later went to bed, waking up in the morning to pray will be problem even if the person wake up, he/she will not remember that they is something like prayer. This because they don’t know the reason why they should pray in the morning before doing anything.

Remember that Prayer is the Key to open success.

So, here are 5 reasons why you should always pray.

1. To Thank Him For Keeping You Alive.
I think this is the first reason because is not
all the people that slept last night make it the
next morning. I have heard about many
unending stories about people dying
without even any atom of sickness. Make it a
point atleast to thank Him.

2. For Protecting You And Giving You Health.
Many people have been attack in their
dream, many have been initiated into occult
world in their dream. You don’t know the
people that is having meeting because of
you in their kingdom. Many people wake up
with different types of sickness. But God
protected you from all.

3. For Him To Protect You From Any Hidden Danger During The Day. (Psalm91:3-4)
Yes, He already promise to keep us safe during the day. But we need to remind Him
that through prayer. Am sure you have been
hearing of many fatal accidents happen this
days and till some people survive it. Nobody
know what will happen during the day, So
always make it a point to pray for
protection.

4. For Him To Provide For You During The Day
Here is another point for you to pray in the
morning. As we always pray “Give us this
day our daily bread”. Is good for you to say
this prayer every morning to keep it as a
reminder for Him. I know that you are
aware that they are some people out there
that can’t even afford #5 for pure water. But
you are here enjoying.

5. For His Goodness, Protection Upon Your Family and friends.
Here is the final Point for now because there
are still many other reasons.
Praying for your family and friends in the
morning have an important rule to play in
their life during the day because we don’t
know what would have happen to them if not your prayer.

I
==Pray without ceasing.
==Prayer is the key to unlock heavens gate
==Pray and watch so that you will not fall into temptation.

Sources:
https://saviourstep./2015/07/11/5-reasons-why-should-always-pray-in-the-morning/[/quote Many thanks Op for these insightful piece God bless you!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by Dopefiend(m): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2015
mytime24:
Pray witout season

Season 1, 2, 3 or 4?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by SuperMaq: 8:42am On Jul 12, 2015
cold:
The reasons to pray as alluded to by the op are peculiarities of a developing nation like Nigeria where you have to worry about the oppressive heat because you haven't had electricity for days,robbers,crooked policemen/women,kidnappers,crooked pastors,terrorists etc.
In developed climes where you're sure when you hit the switch the light comes on,you get to the train station and you know too well the train will arrive at 8:30 as scheduled or get into your car without any fear of the police trying to extort you or robbers making away with your valuables,no worries about kidnapping,the healthcare system is top notch,the intelligence services are on top of their game looking for tell tale signs of radicalised individuals that may want to harm others in the name of their god. The need for having to supplicate to a god constantly diminishes or becomes more and more redundant.

Life is spiritual and man is a spirit and must participate in spiritual activities, regularly. Prayer is one of such spiritual activities. If you take a fish out of water, it'd last for a moment and then dies. What you described above is like a fish out of water, alive for a moment. But the fish can't last that long outside water, it's natural habitat. See?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by mytime24(f): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2015
Dopefiend:

Season 1, 2, 3 or 4?
effect of watchin tu much nollywood angry
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by benjaminiyke(m): 8:49am On Jul 12, 2015
There is no RIGHT time or WRONG time to pray neither do we have to take any special position to pray to God. B. The Bible urges us to "be vigilant with a view to prayers" ( 1 peter 4:7) we can ask God for his help and for the wisdom and courage to make the best of our situation,confident that "he hears us concerning whatever we are asking." 1 john 5:15. The bible explains that SATAN, not GOD,is "the ruler of the world" and that " the whole world" is lying in the power of the wicked one." Therefore jesus used to mere figure of speech when he taught us to pray: " Deliver us from the wicked one." Praying really helps." It is as the Bible says:" GOD is near to all those calling on him,to all who call on him in sincerity--Psalm 145:18. NOTE- prayer also helps to improve our relationship with God. In Conclusion, your father knows what you need even before you ask him( Matthew 6:8 ) and we do need to ask him. Prayers is the primary way we can" draw close to God" the result of doing so?" He will draw close to you"__james 4:8. Thanks
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by princebishop(m): 8:49am On Jul 12, 2015
nyce 1

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by cold(m): 8:50am On Jul 12, 2015
SuperMaq:

Life is spiritual and man is a spirit and must participate in spiritual activities, regularly. Prayer is one of such spiritual activities. If you take a fish out of water, it'd last for a moment and then dies. What you described above is like a fish out of water, alive for a moment. But the fish can't last that long outside water, it's natural habitat. See?

Yeah right,so with the blackman's obsession to constantly pray to this god,why aren't we faring any better than the countries that can't be bothered with your god,let alone dissipate their time & energies that can be channelled to more productive causes on their knees supplicating to him?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 12, 2015
johnydon22:

bros no vex, but i guess you were a christian right?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 12, 2015
Irresponsible sky daddy

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by Lasese: 9:05am On Jul 12, 2015
Remain bless smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by Dopefiend(m): 9:11am On Jul 12, 2015
mytime24:
effect of watchin tu much nollywood angry

Def for you. You obviously have to cut back on them home vids
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by sledge001(m): 9:34am On Jul 12, 2015
It's amazing how people like you come up here trying to clown around on issues u chose not to comprehend. What ever faith you belong to, even if you're a traditional worshipper, prayer and praises is essential. But hey, as a Christian you don't pray to remind God of His responsibilities. We are news creations and have inheritances through Christ Jesus, we have power in our tongues and when we pray we don't beg but rather, we make faith proclamations based on our knowledge of these inheritances. Anyway no need to say much cos u still won't comprehend anything!!!!!The things of the spirit is foolishness unto men that leave by their senses.

menesheh:

grin

The all knowing god could not remember things again until you pray to remind him.

Confused bunch of theology

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by emmykk(m): 9:47am On Jul 12, 2015
herald9:
So your God doesn't know his duty or he just forget it on purpose so you need to remind him all the time.

Isn't he your heavenly father again? imagine how it would be if you have to remind your dad every time to provide food for you!

And please, you guys should Stop using the misfortune of others as a point in thanking your god. It's normal assumption that God loves everybody and doesn't segregate, then why thanking your god because 'you are not like the other guy who slept yesterday and never woke up'. That's hypocrisy.

In my opinion tho.

where is the disLike bottom seun?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by Marineremmanson(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2015
herald9:

In my opinion tho.
You misunderstood it. This is exactly the reason why you study the Bible but you don't decipher. We are not thanking God because that friend is dead but we, we are alive rather we say thanking God because we are not worthy but He still gave us life.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 12, 2015
ladyteska:
it is not as if people dont know about this o,everybody knows but we always forget(but not everybody though +me)

Picture of you praying or...

Idontbilivit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Faith Oyedepo Tells Ladies Not To Dress Like Grandmas While Looking For Husband / Obituary: Burial Poster Of Father Paul Offu (Photos) / Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.