Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? (1108 Views)

My Colleague And I Are Sleeping With The Same Girl - Should I Tell Him? / He Broke Up With Me The Night He Proposed! Frances & Desmond’s Love Story / He Proposed To His Girlfriend In The Swimming Pool Of A Lagos Hotel (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 08, 2009
HEY!
 pls i need ur advice on dis issue,my boyfriend is AS,n  i  am also AS goin by medical wat ever we cant get married n

he proposed to me on val day, only 4 us to  discover our gonotype.I LUV HIM n i am ready 2 take d risk 2 marry him like

dat,but he is nt ready.

wat does nairalanders sugest i do? pls help

SECONDLY,
I need help on info about skools in malaysia,free tuition fees university in d world(websites)
pls,ozsweetluv_2k4@yahoo.co.uk
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Jiokeh(m): 6:28am On Mar 08, 2009
@ poster:
I'd have to be blunt here; DON'T DO IT. I sure do know what love is & know for sure it could sometimes becloud our sense of judgement. Most times, realities never reverses for love. Don't deceive yourself with "I HAVE A STRONG FAITH". Faith doesn't come cheap and can only be faith when it is unshaken. Can you convince yourself you won't have an atom of doubt on not ending up with sickle cell children? Even when the realities stares you on your face everywere you go? Don't start what you can't finish.

My final word; DON'T RIDICULE GOD. Walk ways and remain best of friends.
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 08, 2009
Dont do it,u'll be endangering the lives of your unborn children.How would u feel if ur children begins to die because they are suffering from sickle cell? I know a family who had 9 children,eight were sickle cell.None of the children lasted upto 21 yrs.D wife even died too cos she couldn't stay again,n now the man is left wit just one daughter,n even life itself has eluded him
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Hollysmile: 8:34am On Mar 08, 2009
Gosh! I pity dat man.
Aren't you a lesbian?
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Gabry(f): 8:39am On Mar 08, 2009
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. . . PLEASEEEEE OOO. . . WHAT ON EARTH IS AS AND AA AND ALL THIS

Geeeezzz. . . Ive been asking like a gazillion times!!!
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Gabry(f): 8:40am On Mar 08, 2009
And poster, now Im confuse with you. I thought you are a lesbien? U erefinding for one on your other thread right?
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 08, 2009
Kissmylips,i thought u were lookin for lesbians in one of ur posts,or are u bi
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Gabry(f): 8:49am On Mar 08, 2009
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. . . PLEASEEEEE OOO. . . WHAT ON EARTH IS AS AND AA AND ALL THIS

Geeeezzz. . . Ive been asking like a gazillion times!!!
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by idupaul: 8:51am On Mar 08, 2009
AT gabby

hmmm , why u de look for lesby na
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Gabry(f): 8:55am On Mar 08, 2009
PAUL!!! I havent seen you in a very veyr long time!!! Lesbian? Nooo. . . I am not looking for one. Am straight naa. I was just asking the poster cause hse created athread about seeking for a lesbian partner yet she is here telling us about her lover boy.

Paul, can you please tell me what is AS and AA? sad
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by idupaul: 9:09am On Mar 08, 2009
Yeah i am fine and doing good , i pop in everyday but NL has become one boring place for me , how are u doing , missed ya silly,

AS is any supporter of a team called AS ROMA in the italian league while AA is a type of light battery used for radios and toys grin
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Gabry(f): 9:32am On Mar 08, 2009
Paul! Yeah. . . I feel it too but I dont know why I still kep visiting his site. embarassed

Paul! Be serious ooo. . . . What isAS and AA? Abeg ooo sad
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Gabry(f): 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2009
Huh? Ok, this is anoher thread from the same poster. I almost got confuse there. Poster, what is AS?
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by CrazyMan(m): 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2009
@Poster. You're see a larg ditch if front of you, and you want to walk right into it. If you want your story to have a happy ending, I would suggest that you consider other options.
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 08, 2009
gabrywyl:

Huh? Ok, this is anoher thread from the same poster. I almost got confuse there. Poster, what is AS?

AS, SS and AA are genotypes.
AA is most common in the Western world.
AA, AS ansd SS are found mainly in Africa
Combinations of
AA + AA = AA
AA + AS = AA or AS
AS + AS = AA, AS or SS
SS + SS = SS

Now SS is the genotype of those with Sickle Cell Disease.
You can google it up and get more explanations.

AS are not advised to marry other AS so as t prevent giving birth to SS.
AS + AS have a 1 in 4 chance of producing SS (people with sickle cell anemia)

Hope this helps.
You should google 'Sickle cell anemia'for detailed explanations
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 08, 2009
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by oluwafemi113(m): 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2009
no comment
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Godmother(f): 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2009
U are playing with fire
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by arewa4(f): 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2009
It all depends on what u want for urself, u cld be lucky or favored not to have any ss kids, however i heard that medically u cld check the genotype of ur unborn child to determine if u want to kp it.

Bottom line, marriage is itself challenging, marrying an AA geno does nt guarantee you being happy or that u wont have other life threatening situations. Whoever said that AA geno doesnt fall sick and die.

The choice is completely up to u no NLer will help u make up ur mind they'll only end up confusing you.

Pray abt it. God is the owner of our lives no one can add an extra second to it.
Re: My Boyfriend and I are both "AS" He Proposed...What Do I Do? by Pataki: 1:46am On Mar 09, 2009
This topic has been over-dealt with on nairaland. Why inflict mental torture on yourselves. Please AS and AS should go their separate ways. I have lost a couple of my friends whose parents were AS and AS. I am sure the same fundamental talk of: ''I love him''. . . .''I love her'' made them go ahead with wedding one another. Only years and years later down the line, they loose their SS child or children.

(1) (Reply)

Girlfriend Already 150 Something Lbs At 21, Can She Lose It Or Should I Move On? / How To Make A Man Fall In Love With You / Deceptive Guys:ladies Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.