Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. (4644 Views)

Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast / Are You Sexualizing Your Children? / 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by greatgod2012(f): 10:26am On Jul 13, 2015
delishpot:

Exactly. My mom, bless her soul was the harsh type. She had 6 of us and raised us up alone (Dad traveled offten) and strictly plus she and dad were having problems from time to time and she frequently poured her anger on us. It affected us all. Some of us turned out cold, and easy to push around, not being able to say NO, some of us turned out strong headed and have the I dont care attitude. I learnt from my parents how not to treat a child. The feeling is different when you and your child are on same frequency. Its just different when your child does stuff cos the child respects you and knows what makes you happy unlike when they do it out of fear.

You're a blessing to your kids. Keep it up sir.

@lalasticlala, this priceless information deserves sharing.

2 Likes

Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by efemenaslectura: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2015
greatgod2012:

thanks so much!
And who is this o?
The writing style looks like that of my dear kulyie aka sambarry aka dangotesmummy! Am i right.......lol....

Going out on a date with him ke.....maybe you mean him and our beautiful and precious Wuraola. With both, i'm well pleased.
And thank you for reminding me that i still have a DP. I've forgotten totally.
o yes. That's me. I'm all of the above wink wink

How's your family. I'm sure they are doing good. My love to them wink

2 Likes

Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by bellong: 11:06am On Jul 13, 2015
Sweetlily2819:
Nice,my child is scared of me how can i make he closer to me.He is so quiet,i want him to be Active and smart in everything he does.please help.

The first step is what you have done now, acknowledge there is a problem. It is good you realised this early and it is not too late.

Children shouldn't be scared of their parents because it kills creativity in them and bond with parents.

It is natural that parents get annoyed over their children's misbehaviour or truancy. It is this drive to make them of good behaviour that pushes most parents to act out of order in correcting their young ones.

One of the things that I consider in dealing with my son is how I would want to be corrected if I were in his situation. My experience with the boy since he was in the womb have proved to me that words calmly delivered is one of the best ways to handle them. They do hear when you talk to them.

Yet to read through the thread, I believe you must have been rightly advised.

Have a mother-child chat with your child, apologise to him/her for the ways you have been handling situation. Promise him that you will be more friendly than before and wouldn't yell at him at any slight provocation. Then tell him not to do things you have warned him not to do so you don't get angry. Trust me, they understand when we think they don't.

Don't make mistake some parents make like disciplining a child for an offence you never warned him about. Every parent must be able to give clear instructions to their children about everything at home and outside home, they need to know and understand the consequences of flouting the rules. It is no right to beat a child believing he/she should know what is right. There must be clear instructions/rules to follow.

Occasionally, reward your child for acts done right and let beating be your last resort in correcting him. Talk more to and with him.. Encourage him rather than condemning him if he doesn't get something right.

4 Likes

Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by greatgod2012(f): 8:41am On Jul 14, 2015
bellong:

The first step is what you have done now, acknowledge there is a problem. It is good you realised this early and it is not too late.

Children shouldn't be scared of their parents because it kills creativity in them and bond with parents.

It is natural that parents get annoyed over their children's misbehaviour or truancy. It is this drive to make them of good behaviour that pushes most parents to act out of order in correcting their young ones.

One of the things that I consider in dealing with my son is how I would want to be corrected if I were in his situation. My experience with the boy since he was in the womb have proved to me that words calmly delivered is one of the best ways to handle them. They do hear when you talk to them.

Have a mother-child chat with your child, apologise to him/her for the ways you have been handling situation. Promise him that you will be more friendly than before and wouldn't yell at him at any slight provocation. Then tell him not to do things you have warned him not to do so you don't get angry. Trust me, they understand when we think they don't.

Don't make mistake some parents make like disciplining a child for an offence you never warned him about. Every parent must be able to give clear instructions to their children about everything at home and outside home, they need to know and understand the consequences of flouting the rules. It is no right to beat a child believing he/she should know what is right. There must be clear instructions/rules to follow.

Occasionally, reward your child for acts done right and let beating be your last resort in correcting him. Talk more to and with him.. Encourage him rather than condemning him if he doesn't get something right.

insightful!
Thanks!
Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by Sweetlily2819(f): 9:58am On Jul 14, 2015
bellong:

Thank u ma.for this wonderful word.
Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by greatgod2012(f): 11:16am On Jul 16, 2015
greatgod2012:

@lalasticlala, this priceless information deserves sharing.
Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by ayobase(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
beautiful thread.

Cc: lalasticlala
front page material.

As much as you can always try to bring ur kids uprightly, always pray they make good friends out there.

Just as Parentship is an undisputed determining and essential factor, so is Friendship.
Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by greatgod2012(f): 10:03am On Jul 20, 2015
ayobase:
beautiful thread.

Cc: lalasticlala
front page material.

As much as you can always try to bring ur kids uprightly, always pray they make good friends out there.

Just as Parentship is an undisputed determining and essential factor, so is Friendship.

Thanks!
Yes, that's true.
And I also believe that if a child is properly brought up, he'll choose like-minded person as his friends.

1 Like

Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by Onegai(f): 10:26am On Jul 20, 2015
Good thread.
Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by greatgod2012(f): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
Onegai:
Good thread.

Thanks!
Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by greatgod2012(f): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
Onegai:
Good thread.

Thanks!
Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by greatgod2012(f): 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
kennysteve77:
Concerned?

This thread is really not for everyone but only for good parents and to-be-parents who wish to bring up their children in wise and best ways possible.
Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by Rhukie(f): 8:04am On Oct 23, 2015
Insightful. thanks for this OP
Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 11, 2016
Na y u komot ya dp No even alow me see d boy mtchwwwww angry
greatgod2012:

thanks so much!
And who is this o?
The writing style looks like that of my dear kulyie aka sambarry aka dangotesmummy! Am i right.......lol....

Going out on a date with him ke.....maybe you mean him and our beautiful and precious Wuraola. With both, i'm well pleased.
And thank you for reminding me that i still have a DP. I've forgotten totally.
Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by SAMBARRY: 6:00am On Sep 11, 2016
Greatgod no be me o
Re: You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well. by ItisWell22(f): 6:46pm On May 17, 2023
Insightful thread… 🙏👍

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Gets Stuck To A Man While having Sex / My Father Thinks Im Evil / Breakfast: Before Or After Bath/morning Mouth Cleaning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.