Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,432 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion (1358 Views)

Breakdown Of $6.9billion Paris Club Refund To 36 States, FCT (snapshots) / Ex-Nigerian President Spent N9.9Billion On Cake - Aaron Heslehurst / Nigerians Reaction To The 9billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Monday arraigned Stephen Oronsaye, former head of service, before Gabriel Kolawole, justice of the federal high court in Abuja. Oronsaye, who was arraigned on a 24-count‎ charge of stealing and obtaining by false pretense, was arrested by the EFCC last Wednesday.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arraigned former Head of Service of the Federation, Mr. Stephen Oronsaye on fraud and money laundering charges.

Oronsaye and other accused persons pleaded not guilty to the 24 counts when they were brought before Justice Gabriel Kolawole of the Federal High Court on Monday.

The prosecution‎ accuses them of being the arrowheads of the now infamous procurement fraud scandal of 2010 – a scam allegedly perpetrated under the pretext of illegally withdrawing large sums of money from the Federal Government’s account for “biometric Data capturing purposes"

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng

Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2015
cheesy
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by JayKaba(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2015
....and he would be granted bail

... and the case will be in court till the next govt comes in

....and the case will be eventually thrown out for lack of enough evidence

1 Like

Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by Freciprocal: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by wachakuta(m): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2015
Oleeee

He's old enough to be my grandfather nd him kolobi 1.9b ahn ahn him wan carry am go heaven? See as grey hair full him head but still na so so thief dem de thief our money

Thank God now stealing is now corruption

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by phyllosilicate(m): 11:54am On Jul 13, 2015
I like the fact that he was charge with stealing and not corruption.
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by Bashirfuntua(m): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2015
J
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by Realdeals(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2015
The EFCC really have their hands full, hope they end the trials to logical conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by Mamaflex(f): 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
I'm more interested in 'the end of the show'

Na today? undecided
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by mrborntodoit: 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
Greed!

One would think Nigerian politicians are in charge of their village/community upkeep with the rate they steal in Billions shocked

1 Like

Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
mrborntodoit:
Greed!
Witch-hunting of SSouthners that supported GEJ continues!!
I know karma would very soon than expected catch up with Mr DD!!

An average Northern politician or public servant is fully enmeshed in cesspool of corruption. The best definition of corruption is Hausafulani in Nigeria! But because all regulatory agencies and the entire judiciary are within their control they always evade prosecution in nigeria. God is watching!
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by bruno419(m): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
Good development.but when will they probe Ti?
I no call name o
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by henchamb(m): 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
gabriel kolawole no dey smile oh.
he was the Judge that sentenced chief bode george.
we need tough judges to handle corruptiion cases now
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by mrborntodoit: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
ZKOSOSO:

An average Northern politician or public servant is fully enmeshed in cesspool of corruption. The best definition of corruption is Hausafulani in Nigeria! But because all regulatory agencies and the entire judiciary are within their control they always evade prosecution in nigeria. God is watching!

I quite agree with you . I hope President Buhari would spare his Yoruba collaborators since they assisted APC to get his old a$$ into aso rock , and if the reverse be the case, then this might be a sound and fresh political warning to those doubting Thomas but I hope it won't be to late .
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by Visocrate(m): 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
that was why Buhari removed is name for ministerial appointment shege done chop and embezzle money him come dey look for another, oya OGA prison go meet Lamido and others ok wish you happy imprisonment life
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by doctokwus: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
This is the same man that was amongst the names being speculated for post of SGF.
If PMB had rushed to make appointments as some are clamouring and mistakenly appointed this Oronsaye,imagine the embarrassment and damage it would have done to his govt.PMB knows the burden of his mandate and is painstakingly and careful on track to fulfil the dreams of that mandate.
At the rate EFCC has suddenly regained its momentum under d shadow of PMB and if it can follow it up with reasonable convictions and funds recovery,corruption would have received a massive blow by the time PMB would have spent just one year of his 4year tenure.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by tomakint: 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
EfCC is working.........but please Amaechi's stewardship in Rivers need scrutiny.
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by 1deadlugard: 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
there is injustice going on in that hell hole .

why is obasanjo and atiku still walking around ,not arrested yet ?

buhari will set off war and gradually he is taking a step that will doom him .

i remember he has no brain and can not reason like smart people does .

no sapitikate . kworropshoon gambaree
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by RockMaxi: 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
ZKOSOSO:

[s]Witch-hunting of SSouthners that supported GEJ continues!!
I know karma would very soon than expected catch up with Mr DD!![/s]

Stop seeing everything from a tribal perspective, nobody is witch hunting anybody here.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by iamrealdeji(m): 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
wachakuta:
Oleeee

He's old enough to be my grandfather nd him kolobi 1.9b ahn ahn him wan carry am go heaven? See as grey hair full him head but still na so so thief dem de thief our money

Thank God now stealing is now corruption
I don't understand as well,maybe men in their 70's that steal always feel they can be as old as Mugabe,thinking they steal hva about 20 more years to enjoy. Some steal it for their families
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by enginer050(m): 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
good fr him bt i hard der is space in kerikri
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by enginer050(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
is because of d aceptancy in naija
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
lalasticlala, Ishilove, Obinoscopy!
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by PassingShot(m): 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
[s]
ZKOSOSO:

[/s]
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by PassingShot(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
[s]
1deadlugard:
there is injustice going on in that hell hole .

why is obasanjo and atiku still walking around ,not arrested yet ?

buhari will set off war and gradually he is taking a step that will doom him .

i remember he has no brain and can not reason like smart people does .

no sapitikate . kworropshoon gambaree
[/s]
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by x9ja1960: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
way to go!!!
Re: Breaking: EFCC Arraigns Former Head OF Service Orasanya For Stealing 1.9billion by 1deadlugard: 11:56am On Jul 14, 2015
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

mr nairaland delete personnel grin grin grin grin

biafra biafra biafra i love you .

(1) (Reply)

Pics:tinubu,buhari,amaechi Breaks Ramadan Fast Together / Pres. Buhari's US Visit Will Cost Nigeria,₦2.2billion. / day 2: trek in honor of Retired Chief Of naval staff (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.