Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) (60944 Views)

Nigerian Skin-Bleaching Expert Shares Pictures Of His Transformation / The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears / Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by dae(f): 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2009
Ok, Ewwww is all i can say! ewww, ewww , Yuckk!!!!! thats plain nasty, ughhhh
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by carlosikem(m): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2009
the people doing this dont know that they are endangering themselves
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by pritypeety(f): 4:50am On Apr 17, 2009
although i know that bleaching is very bad, how about the kinda creams the likes of Beyonce, Tyra Banks, Rihanna, Halle Berry and so on are using? is it still bleaching cream or just tonning or even whitening because really at times my brother get confused if they are actually white with beautifully tanned skin or dark skinned. I use nivea whitening cream, and an spf 15 sunscreen and I dunno if it is still called bleaching cos my skin did not so much change color except from the fact that it helped my skin retain its natural color. cos all this skin damage of a thing is beginning to freak me out
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by FBS: 7:34am On Apr 17, 2009
bleaching? yerrkk!
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by seun001(m): 8:05am On Apr 17, 2009
pritypeety:

although i know that bleaching is very bad, how about the kinda creams the likes of Beyonce, Tyra Banks, Rihanna, Halle Berry and so on are using? is it still bleaching cream or just tonning or even whitening because really at times my brother get confused if they are actually white with beautifully tanned skin or dark skinned. I use nivea whitening cream, and an spf 15 sunscreen and I dunno if it is still called bleaching cos my skin did not so much change color except from the fact that it helped my skin retain its natural color. cos all this skin damage of a thing is beginning to freak me out

its make up and computer edited pics.did u see that Rihanna pic wen she was battered by Chris.
and as for the would be bleachers, ask wacko jacko
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Iranoladun(f): 11:52am On Apr 17, 2009
It is not only in Uganda or East Africa that you find bleaching people. Come to naija especially the cities: from Lagos to Port Harcourt, Warri to Abuja, Minna to Kano, you will see skin bleaching signs everywhere. Although it is common with women especially young ladies some men are even into it. Come to Lagos Island (Isale Eko) and see people mixing all sort of concoctions together (soap and cream) in order to achieve a bleached skin outlook.

There are several public officials and private citizens who are into skin bleaching: Ministers, Governors, Senators etc The entertainment industry is also full of people who change their skin colours periodically from black-white like a chameleon. I understand some people in the society see bleaching as a sign of affluence shocked Some of them call it skin toning, rejuvenating, skin lightening, 'maintenance' etc. Go to our University campuses and observe different shades of bleaching. These days you even find secondary school students with bleached skin shocked

God and nature created a natural system that our skin system use in shedding off old cells and replacing these with new ones without requiring any assistance from us except in rare cases of skin disorder, under/over exposures to sunlight or other harmful rays, after pregnancy or illness. In any of the above situation, the Dermatologist or Doctor usually recommends medical treatment (which may include topical cream) for a period until the symptoms disappear or is corrected.

Most people do not realize the dangers in bleaching and I do agree that most people probably engaged in bleaching due to low self esteem. If you value your God's given skin/body you won't dare bleach it away.

Beauty to skin bleachers is synonymous to 'light' skin. However, according to me beauty is synonymous with neatness, proper grooming, etiquette, good attitude and high self-worth
. No matter how dark or black you are with proper grooming you will be perceived as being more beautiful than a bleacher

Regulatory agencies e.g. NAFDAC should also help in educating the populace on the names and identity of substances that are banned from cosmetics e.g. mercury or lead, minimum acceptable limit for certain chemicals like hydroquinone . My people for naija needs a lot of orientation and re-enactment of our value system cool
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Iranoladun(f): 11:57am On Apr 17, 2009
@Seun and Moderator i just observed an advert strip at the top of this thread for 'Meladerm' advertising bleaching with a guarantee of 30 days while we are discussing a topic on bleaching ! Is this a joke? shocked Please comment o!!!
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by hackney(m): 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2009
My brother the thing tire me 2 shocked cool cool
U no even see anything ; click on the page scroller there u go see fire cream grin grin
E be like say this one dey beyond thread control oooooooo!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I dey weak right now wey be say i no fit shift ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
LMAO!!!
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Roughlen(m): 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2009
Hey Platinum,

Is that you in your profile, those lips don't look like those of a smoker. no way!

They are rather looking luscious and kiss friendly. cool
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by dangel2: 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2009
ewwww, daris very gross, but me i want 2 try nd b innovative, i'll bleach ma inside cos i'll rada b fair inside dan outside, wot d'u y'all tink, cool huh, cool
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by ell77(f): 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2009
Oh no! Didn't anyone tell them black is beautiful too!?
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by catalyst23: 12:31am On Apr 18, 2009
hey have been near a bleached person on a hot day or in a stuffy room?
yuk, what people do in the name of a wan fine.
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by UNLEASHED(m): 12:34am On Apr 18, 2009
OMG!!! shocked See person body like roasted suya!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by ladybam(f): 7:44am On Apr 18, 2009
@post
why do people like punishing themselves.
is being black a curse?
for heavens sake.
shun the fair skin, cos "black is beautiful" grin
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by cristy: 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2009
i didn't see the reason why people should bleach their. one should be proud of his/her colour. take a look at d woman on the pics, i know she's seriously regrating it.
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Phemour: 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2009
hmmm, they look beautiful cheesy
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by ebinom(f): 2:58am On Apr 19, 2009
not only do nigerians,africans and asians bleach.in america here lots of african american ladies bleach also,they just don't overdo it and have the creams that make them look naturally light.i have lots of african american friends that bleach so i know.i use skin lightener just for my dark spots i.e knees,elbows and acne scars but that's it cos i love my skin tone.these pictures are cases of people who have gone overboard with bleaching and mixed too many harsh and dangerous chemicals to lighten up fast.the result is burns like that.
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by 3TRINITY(f): 2:42pm On Apr 19, 2009
This will benefit the Yorubas, they are world wide acclaimed bleachers
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by spikedcylinder: 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2009
They sure look Yoruba. . . . undecided

Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by spikedcylinder: 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2009
In fact, the way Aunty Beyonce has bleached over the years sef. . . . her own just hasn't reached Michael Jackson's level yet. undecided

[img]http://pagesperso-orange.fr/vincent.mathieu/Images/eswa-n-destinys_child-03_max0999.jpg[/img]

[img]http://cdn.last.fm/coverart/300x300/310796-1049811242.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.freewebs.com/anjelsdestiny/l&lmisc6.jpg[/img]

And now. . . undecided

[img]http://www.rtvchannel.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/beyonce23.jpg[/img]
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by mohawkchic(f): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2009
~Hmm! Interesting Pics Of B 's . . .Complexion over the yrs  undecided
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Winnergal(f): 8:00pm On Apr 19, 2009
Beyonce doesn't/did not bleach o . . .
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Epi: 3:59am On Apr 20, 2009
Winnergal:

Truth

@topic

Isn't it ironic that white folks try to look darker by tanning and black folks want to look "fairer/paler" by bleaching. I wish i was darker because dark-skin is pretty.

much love
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by spikedcylinder: 12:18pm On Apr 20, 2009
Winnergal:

Can you explain the significant changes of her skin over the years then? Her milk only diet, perhaps?
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by mukina2: 12:24pm On Apr 20, 2009
Beyonce goes for skin whitening cheesy grin

[size=5pt]Spikecylinder's pic[/size]
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Tawak: 12:53pm On Apr 20, 2009
what a sight
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by spikedcylinder: 12:59pm On Apr 20, 2009
I am sorry, I thought yellow eyes were all the rave. grin grin grin
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by mukina2: 1:00pm On Apr 20, 2009
[size=5pt]At least she didnt deny it was her[/size] grin grin
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Epi: 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2009
Beyonce and likes (moi) use the

tanning bed (gives u whatever color you want) or tanning spray

Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Iranoladun(f): 1:57pm On Apr 20, 2009
Bleaching na bleaching! Beyonce own is a sophisticated type of bleaching grin
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by spikedcylinder: 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2009
epi:

Beyonce and likes (moi) use the

tanning bed (gives u whatever color you want) or tanning spray

Madam, tanning doesn't lighten your skin permanently, it darkens it temporarily. undecided
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Winnergal(f): 5:30pm On Apr 20, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Can you explain the significant changes of her skin over the years then? Her milk only diet, perhaps?

I don't see any difference between her former and present look . . .

by the way, cameras can make you look darker or lighter than you actually are . . . Even amateur cameras . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Wore It Better: Chioma Or Nengi? / See Why This Lady Says She Must Bleach / Makeup Artiste Shocks Many People Online After She Removed Her Makeup (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.