Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) (60949 Views)

Nigerian Skin-Bleaching Expert Shares Pictures Of His Transformation / The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears / Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Epi: 8:59pm On Apr 20, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Madam, tanning doesn't lighten your skin permanently, it darkens it temporarily. undecided
Exactly, Beyonce hasn't gotten  any lighter.  Her different skin-colors (dark, darker, darkest) are all about her sunny vacations, sprayed tanned or bed tanned,  I can put J-lo and Halle in the same bucket with Beyonce.  THEY DON'T BLEACH

Have you ever wondered why Paris Hilton looks orange one day and the next day she is white as snow?  Do you think it's bleaching or tanning? And if you ask me, Paris has more colors than the rainbow. . . . .just google her wink But I know better, I know she is not bleaching

much love

Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by spikedcylinder: 7:36am On Apr 21, 2009
Then you people might need to check with the optician. smiley
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by origina9ja(f): 10:30am On Apr 21, 2009
An African woman uses a bleaching cream she hopes will lighten her skin tone. Mariam Jallow is still equated with greater beauty in some cultures. Skin bleaching is big business, despite the fact that lighteners contain toxic chemicals that have been linked to weakened immune systems, organ failure, and even death

Pretty Mariam is convinced that white people have all the advantages in the world. She believes that white people get jobs easier, earn the highest salaries and attract handsome and wealthy men. But there’s one little problem: Mariam is just about four shades darker than the typical white woman and just barely graces the ‘browning’ category among her black people.
Her perception is that the fairer you are the more likely one is to become successful socially, economically and romantically.

The 18-year-old African girl has always wished she had a lighter colour. So to solve her ‘problem’, Mariam is using skin-lightening creams. “White people get the better things in life, yes,” she says. “You have a lot of advantages when you are white.”

In West Africa health authorities say hundreds are skin bleaching and the problem is that many people misuse by overuse skin lightening creams, which are prescribed at low doses to correct uneven pigmentation.

However, the products, many of them manufactured in North America and Europe are sold over the counter throughout Africa and the world.

Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by origina9ja(f): 10:35am On Apr 21, 2009
They say God made humans in His image,
and humans have been trying to repair the
handiwork ever since”

Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by ezeagu(m): 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2009
She's lucky, some people get straight-up cancer!
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Zubikky(m): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2009
Nothing do them sha. Shebi people still dey die for MICHEAL JACKSON?
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by pritypeety(f): 4:16am On Apr 27, 2009
seriously i guess most nairalanders here are mistaking tanning for tonning.
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by pritypeety(f): 4:23am On Apr 27, 2009
seriously i guess most nairalanders here are mistaking tanning for tonning. tanning darkens the skin and tonning really lighting the skin up. But seriously speaking i really get confused if beyonce and the likes of tyra Banks are toning their skin colour to achieve that colour or the use 'sophisticated bleaching' like some one wrote here. my junior never believed most of this girls are blacks, he thinks they are white. So can anyone answer this question pls. ' I use nivea whitening cream with SPF, is it still dangerous?
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by mabelgee(f): 10:07am On Apr 27, 2009
let her continue to bleach maybe it can change her skin back grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by jalether(m): 2:29pm On May 01, 2009
why does ppl always relate Michael Jackson with skin bleaching

in case you dont know by now, he has vitiligo n if you dont

know what that means then google it up
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Pepeye(f): 9:27pm On May 02, 2009
Bleaching is nothing but an illusion! If u re not happy being dark skinned . . there’s no guarantee that u ll be happy being ‘yellow” especially when it’s thru bleaching! It will even be more unlikely that u ‘ll be going hoop for joy if u eventually end up with fanta face and maltina body

As for micheal Jackson wateva process he got his. . . he’s still a bleached man tongue

1 Like

Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by seun001(m): 8:09am On May 04, 2009
Pepeye:

Bleaching is nothing but an illusion! If u re not happy being dark skinned . . there’s no guarantee that u ll be happy being ‘yellow” especially when it’s thru bleaching! It will even be more unlikely that u ‘ll be going hoop for joy if u eventually end up with fanta face and maltina body

As for micheal Jackson wateva process he got his. . . he’s still a bleached man tongue

yeah of course,he has vitiligo and he bathed in bleaching solution to make his body color match his face.so he did bleach, ehhhh

not that am castigating him but i kinda used it as an example.bleaching would never do u any good,
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by alaanu(m): 12:56pm On May 07, 2009
Despites all these, some will still go ahead and bleach lipsrsealed
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by napnap: 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2009
Hello,im new here, and really shocked as to why people are still having difficulty lightening their skin.personally i can understand cuz i was in the same boat,till my friend introduced me to something. i hadnt seen her in about 2 months,and when i saw her,she had gone from neyo skin tone, to aaliyah skin tone.i was like DAMMNnn, shocked long story man, but yea she hooked me up and it worked perfectly for me.i think you guys should see for yourselves. check out the website.goodluck.

the website is www. whiten-my-skin. com
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Epi: 2:12am On Sep 22, 2009
This is my confession

This summer (June -9/21/09) I used L'oreal skin bleach (on my face) and guess what? Nothing happened. no sores no nothing.
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by ezeagu(m): 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2009
Epi:

This is my confession

This summer (June -9/21/09) I used L'oreal skin bleach (on my face) and guess what? Nothing happened. no sores no nothing.

Is that a L'Oreal India product? Did your skin brighten?
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:06am On Sep 24, 2009
[size=13pt]Topic

Hehehehe. . .Good for them anyway. They looks like a Rat that have just been rescued from a drum of hot palm oil.lol grin grin grin grin. sit down look na dog name cheesy
[/size]
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by mohawkchic(f): 3:16am On Sep 24, 2009
Epi:

This is my confession

[size=13pt]~Since you "confessed" i suppose you're open to satisfy my nosey curiousity? grin

~Do you have a two-toned complexion now? seeing how you mentioned you only used the cream on your face?

~Do you plan on using it again?
[/size]
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Epi: 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2009
complexion is the same as before (*well, sometimes after 3 days, I'm like "shuute"(forgot)

It lightened the pimples (well, a little) so I didn't wear any acne pimples seal for the summer.

Will use it again next summer because that's when my forehead break out
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by mohawkchic(f): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2009
~Aaah Okies. . .
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Anabel(f): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2009
disgusting,
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by chatwitken: 10:06pm On Nov 20, 2009
There are numerous dangers skin bleaching can cause and it adverse effect. It is believe it can cause skin cancer. But there is remedy if your skin is under danger caused by bleaching cream. You can find a natural way of going about it using shea butter. Find more information on here
http://kenomie..com/2009/11/benefits-of-enhancing-your-skin-with.html
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by paddylo1(m): 10:54pm On Nov 20, 2009
sigh,who actually dates these girls that bleach?? most men think they are ugly,so why do they keep doing it

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TDKaHENSbw&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by ezeagu(m): 1:29am On Nov 21, 2009
paddy_lo:

sigh,who actually dates these girls that bleach?? most men think they are ugly,so why do they keep doing it

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TDKaHENSbw&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Have you seen the Somalia thread on nairaland and the comments by Nigerian men?
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by DisGuy: 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2009
Beyonce no bleach that L'oreal advert was done on computer!!
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by spoilt(f): 2:42am On Feb 09, 2010
@ Pics
Obara Jisos! shocked
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by selencious(f): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2010
SAD!!!! While im tryna get dark.
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Kunle106(m): 7:27pm On Feb 10, 2010
RubbisH!
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by ademiller(f): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2010
eeeeeeeeeeeee ya ma embarassed
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by nigboy(m): 3:06am On Nov 05, 2010
I do not see the reason why people should spend money on Bleaching Skin instead of leaving it natural.  The consequences of Skin Bleaching are enormous.
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 16, 2011
listen to this woman.

She spent 10 minutes of her LIFE speaking about the trouble she goes through to maintain her "white" skin color.
Smh.

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPFPlXg5MwI?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

Someone obviously share my sentiments. . . undecided

"For some reason it makes me even sadder that shes an african woman. its really sad."

She gets darker and her order for more creams haven't arrived and she's depressed. grin

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jffCMUXd7g?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

The same CANCER (pun intended tongue) is in the caribbean too. There is even a documentary about a family in Jamaica that bleaches men and women. Smh. undecided
Re: Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) by Sagamite(m): 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
^^^She is clearly mentally ill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Wore It Better: Chioma Or Nengi? / See Why This Lady Says She Must Bleach / Makeup Artiste Shocks Many People Online After She Removed Her Makeup (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.