Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) (34371 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu And His Supporters At Douglas Road, Ekeonunwa Market Owerri (Photos) / Biafra Sit At Home:See The Condition Of Douglas Road,The Busiest Road In Owerri / Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by rEinCarNaTeD1(m): 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
cindicandy:
stop insulting me, I live in Owerri, I have been exposing the rot in Owerri and Imo state at large but the governor refused to attend to them then I decided to go this far. People like abagworo will rather get a photoshopped pictures just to prove to the world that Imo state is not in a mess.

epistle
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by MrEverest(m): 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
Op, it is you that is disgusting and nauseating tongue tongue Inasmuch-as I hate Rochas for some of his policies, I despise mischief makers, lies and rumor mongers like you shameless vagabond. I drove through that same Douglas road today, cause I went to plaza opposite st paul catholic church and I dare say that there was no refuse dump whatsoever at that area and indeed the entire city of Owerri as at today Why would you behave in such a despicable manner That very picture you presented was taking many years back shocked shocked And to think that you are a female makes it more disgusting.What do you intend to achieve by such wicked lies tongue tongue You better desist from such acts before I take your case to Ala-ogbaga Mbaise shocked shocked
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by rakasbabe(f): 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
So dis one no join among the ones at they hav been showing us on the television? shocked nawa 4 niger politics
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by MrEverest(m): 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
slap1:
I pass this road every working day (even some minutes ago), it's very embarrassing! Rochas Okorocha has clearly abandoned governance because he has nothing to lose anymore. No salaries, no road. angry
You lie, I passed through that same road today, there was no refuse dump along the whole stretch of Douglas road. If this was meant to be a propaganda, I will rather bust it even though I don't like Rochas tongue tongue
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by mandax: 8:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
chinolization:
. However more tertiary institutions in Owerri is the main reason there is so much population in owerri that put much pressure on little infrastructure and make the town be very filthy.

Owerri knows that the too many number of students in a city like Owerri is what regenerates refuse and dirt per second per second.

In Nigeria, Owerri is unique in many things among which are being:

the only state capital that hosts all five tertiary institutions in the state.

the only state capital that frowns at government extending modernity to any other areas of the state outside it.

only state capital that developed two cities in one state capital while the rest of the state remains nearly like the day Imo state was created.

only state capital that may not be bothered if the state's monthly revenues are hugely used in keeping the expanding capital city clean.

1 Like

Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by taiwo09: 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
i thought igbos they always complain that yoruba people are dirty. imagine for owerri which happens to be the capital..shamee on you people. MTSHEW! embarassed
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by mandax: 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
In a 2007 lamentation about refuse in Owerri, an Owerri-born editor in Guardian newspaper titled his article "Owerri, From Gold To Dunghill"

Stories of Owerri, refuse, dirt and congestion by students population did not start of recent.
But most of the dirty photos on this thread are not from Owerri.
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by slap1(m): 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
MrEverest:
You lie, I passed through that same road today, there was no refuse dump along the whole stretch of Douglas road. If this was meant to be a propaganda, I will rather bust it even though I don't like Rochas tongue tongue

So are you saying the pictures up there are not from Douglas Road?

1 Like

Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by damyzino(m): 8:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
cindicandy:

we pay for these things and expect the government to come to our rescue
do you know that nigeria is not even among the topten most dirty countries .......
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Leopantro: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
MrEverest:

Did you notice that the road entering into the market is so bad that cars coming from market road divert into the road in front of the church to continue on the way. Also, the road is so bad that when it rains water can enter into keke.

1 Like

Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by chinology: 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
Abagworo is already pained and you are adding more harm to him. cheesy

Leopantro:

Did you notice that the road entering into the market is so bad that cars coming from market road divert into the road in front of the church to continue on the way. Also, the road is so bad that when it rains water can enter into keke.

Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by juanmiguel: 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
I was hoping to see the bad road. Mtcheew! That place was like that because of sanitation that was done on that saturday, the dirts were packed on sunday cos I didn't see them on Monday morning!
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by juanmiguel: 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
slap1:

the caption is misleading. That was Douglas on Saturday sanitation. By sunday everything was cleared.
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Leopantro: 9:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
chinology:
Abagworo is already pained and you are adding more harm to him. cheesy

The dirt has been cleared but the road is very bad. Considering that a big market is located on that road, it raises a lot of health concerns
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Dragonking: 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Lalasticlala,these pictures are as old as three years ago.It is very disappointing that you moved the thread to FP without any verification.

It is shameful of you to do so.

I implore you remove this thread from front page!

You are nothing but a lying whorre. People are suffering in that state and you have the guts to come and to spew lies.. **spits**

1 Like

Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Dragonking: 9:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

Are you still lying like a shameless pathetic animal?
You seem to forget that the day I took those pictures and humiliated you out of that thread, I was smart enough to buy a recent newspapee and taje a shot of it alongside the mess because I wisely anticipated you'd lie here and say the pictures are old.

"As old as three years ago" yet the newspaper says February 28 2015?

Berem, why do you keep doing this to yourself? Why do you keep setting yourself up for humiliation like this?
These ones sef na February oh! dry season! Do you want to see the recent shocking disgusting rainy season pictures of that road?

Thank you for shaming that fat witch..

1 Like

Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Dragonking: 10:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nwaiberibe:
Tufiakwa! Anambra people are pigs! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
cc: Chinolization

My goodness!!! This dirt is too much. Chia shocked shocked
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Mrkachi(m): 10:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Whoever posted this is an enemy of progress. Douglas road z nt littered with dirts.
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Macelliot(m): 10:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
cindicandy:
PHOTOS: True face of Douglas Road Owerri. Rochas must save this situation right now.
Chinolization, of what good shall this profit your life?
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Xcozee(m): 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
Taylor86:
[b][/b]APC!!!! CHANGE

lmfao
Meaning?
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by akigbemaru: 10:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Macelliot(m): 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Mrkachi:
Whoever posted this is an enemy of progress. Douglas road z nt littered with dirts.
Lalasticlala made a mistake by moving this propaganda to FP...
There is an indigenous war between two individuals in this section, so each of the two guys both opens different accounts and creating fake/biased/propaganda topics to tarnish the image of the state of the antagonist...

The OP, also known as Chino, attacks Imo state with his propaganda .... While the Imo-defender, (both of them aren't Igbos) Abagworo, also known as Nwaiberibe, attacks Anambra state with his propaganda..

Do you know what, both of them are jobless trolls and low-lifers....

1 Like

Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by PhockPhockMan: 10:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
igbsam:
old picture. Go there now and see for yourself
Go get the pictures let's see.
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by MrEverest(m): 10:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Leopantro:

Those are two different issues altogether, if you or the op mentioned portions of bad spots(potholes) around that area or the flooding of school road whenever it rains, I'll accept and even give kudos for highlighting such problems but saying that Douglas road as at now is riddled with refuse is nothing but wicked lies and I won't subscribe to such.
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by MrEverest(m): 11:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
slap1:

It is Douglas road quite right but except that picture was taken immediately after a clean up exercise or many years back, Owerri as at today is very neat by Nigerian standard.
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Blackkie: 12:47am On Jul 14, 2015
Where are Imolites?
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by islandmoon: 1:15am On Jul 14, 2015
Lagoon is better than this, if na me nko? i will prefer to remain in Lagos ...
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 14, 2015
Really Nigeria is too dirty. God forbid. No improvement. Na waooooooo, people living like animals. Yet everyday una dey curse una selves for nairaland. Look at d dirty environment una dey live. Too bad
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by rigarmortis: 6:20am On Jul 14, 2015
onyedikachukwue:

my statement shows that, i am born by a shameless harlot and i lack morals and proper home training .

Will you shut up your rotten mouth there, if you inherited your fathers stupidity should you also inherit the imbecilic gene from your moms side.

The two have combined to make you as useless as a used condom, which unfortunately your broke father couldnt afford to use on your drunk mother, otherwise the world would have been a better place without your unfortunate existence.

Pour some gravel down your throat and die.

Fool
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by Donswatter(m): 6:56am On Jul 14, 2015
This one small.Come to aba and you will see the real dirt.
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by 3Ceagle(m): 8:45am On Jul 14, 2015
MrEverest:
It is Douglas road quite right but except that picture was taken immediately after a clean up exercise or many years back, Owerri as at today is very neat by Nigerian standard.

Okorocha should develop a comprehensive and permanent solution to this issue of perennial refuse problem in Owerri. The place is not always dirty as may be portrayed by a lot of people here. The last time I went through Douglas Road, November last year I was really disappointed with the state of the mount of refuse on the road. Generally I think Owerri is a clean place.
Re: True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) by slap1(m): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
MrEverest:
True. I looked closely on my way to work today. It's only the beggars and the bad portion of the road around St Paul's.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ishaku's 800 Anti-Open Grazing Marshals Undergoing Training In Taraba (Photos) / China Meets President-elect Tinubu On Trade, Diplomatic Relations With Nigeria / Zamfara Supreme Court Judgement: Did PDP Meet The Constitutional Requirement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.