Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,113 members, 7,957,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:13 AM

Memo To President Buhari On Media Perception - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Memo To President Buhari On Media Perception (2505 Views)

Fani Kayode Blasts ElRufai Over Memo To Buhari: You're A Coldblooded Backstabber / Reno Omokri Blasts El-Rufai Over Memo To President Buhari / "A New Sherrif Is In Town" By Femi Adesina- Special Adviser To Buhari On Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memo To President Buhari On Media Perception by Kenai: 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
vedaxcool:

Sometimes gagging a media would have been a preferable option like in Rwandan where the media played a negative role, if the media seems to perpetually promote tribalism and violence driven sentiments then using the appropriate sections of law would be in order. The more reason Nigeria needs a hate speech law. Rumors, hate and dissension are totally a different from the media.

This post of yours is just as hilarious as it is hypocritical.
Now you support gagging the media as well as proscribing "hate speech"?

If my memory serves me correctly, just last year, Seun Osewa attempted to outlaw hate speech against ex-president Jonathan's personality (Retardeeeen! Sheppopotammus, Clueless Odeechukwu, etc), but many APC backers rose up in arms, hurling insults at him and accusing him of trampling on their fundamental rights. I remember Ilugunboy, Eko Ile, Omenka, Donphilopus, Cramjones, Berem, Pataki and Ba7man were among the people who viciously opposed the idea.

Seun also attempted to limit the number of "Boko-Haram-Is-In-Control-Of-27-LGAs" threads hitting the frontpage from SaharaReporters, and the same set of people opposed it by saying that "TRUE PATRIOTISM" was about broadcasting the issues that bedevil your country to the whole world.

Before you start talking about "hate speech", you first have to define it; and make sure you include Retardeeeen and Odechukwwu as examples.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memo To President Buhari On Media Perception by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
Seun:
What if they decide that, if the media is to blame for the misperception of the president, then the solution is to gag the media? I hope not.
Any attempt to introduce decree 2 shall be heavily resisted by the Nigerian people. Muhammadu Buhari was elected as a democratic President and not an imperial monarch. He has to abide by the constitution and respect freedom of expression, criticism and even abuse. He has no choice here...

4 Likes

Re: Memo To President Buhari On Media Perception by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
I recall that I personally opposed the idea of Mr Seun Osewa. I still stand by my position that freedom to express ourselves is our inalienable right as citizens of Nigeria. In fact, this right is even upheld by the African charter... There is nothing Buharo or anybody can do about this. If Buhari feel libelled he should go to court. Remember what Alhaji Lai Muhammed told Jonathan? "Go to court if you feel insulted"
Kenai:

If my memory serves me correctly, just last year, Seun Osewa attempted to outlaw hate speech against ex-president Jonathan's personality (Retardeeeen! Sheppopotammus, Clueless Odeechukwu, etc), but many APC backers rose up in arms, hurling insults at him and accusing him of trampling on their fundamental rights. I remember Ilugunboy, Eko Ile, Omenka, Donphilopus, Cramjones, Berem, Pataki and Ba7man were among the people who viciously opposed the idea.

Seun also attempted to limit the number of "Boko-Haram-Is-In-Control-Of-27-LGAs" threads hitting the frontpage from SaharaReporters, and the same set of people opposed it by saying that "TRUE PATRIOTISM" was about broadcasting the issues that bedevil your country to the whole world.

Before you start talking about "hate speech", you first have to define it; and make sure you include Retardeeeen and Odechukwwu as examples.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To President Buhari On Media Perception by francizy(m): 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
vedaxcool:

Sometimes gagging a media would have been a preferable option like in Rwandan where the media played a negative role, if the media seems to perpetually promote tribalism and violence driven sentiments then using the appropriate sections of law would be in order. The more reason Nigeria needs a hate speech law. Rumors, hate and dissension are totally a different from the media.

Shey you think say we still dey 1984 bah? E no go better for anybody way try infringe on our rights as citizens of this country! angry

4 Likes

Re: Memo To President Buhari On Media Perception by vedaxcool(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2015
francizy:

Shey you think say we still dey 1984 bah? E no go better for anybody way try infringe on our rights as citizens of this country! angry
Amin including those of you who promote tribalism, hate and then label it rights e no go ever better for unah.
Re: Memo To President Buhari On Media Perception by vedaxcool(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2015
Kenai:

[s]

Before you start talking about "hate speech", you first have to define it; and make sure you include Retardeeeen and Odechukwwu as examples.[/s]

Use your brain not syphilitic malice to speak. All the rubbish u wrote was not the poser my post made. Inciting hatred was the entire point of my post. Please call Buhari whatever name u desire, i don't give a damn, neither does he know u exist.
Re: Memo To President Buhari On Media Perception by arbitter: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2015
Heres an Idea - DAILY PRESS BRIEFINGS , And maybe he should stop doing things that seemingly stir up tension (e.g Prisoners Transfer, Checkpoints removal, not appointing Southeners, not declaring his assets PUBLICALLY, Not appointing Ministers and giving lame excuses)

Ya know what, BUHARI should just start having his Media people do daily Press Briefings where they take and answer questions from journalists. Because right now their outreach to the public is completely pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Memo To President Buhari On Media Perception by papindinho(m): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
the principle and federal character comes to mind as entrenched in section 14 of the constitution

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier (major Auwal Saad) Killed By Boko Haram In Maiduguri Yesterday / Kano Youths Lead In Drug Abuse Index Of The NDLEA / Where Is Minister Lai Mohammed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.