Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,073 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? (3071 Views)

Reasons Why Women Walk Out Of A Marriage / Is This What Makes A Marriage? / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Phboy1(m): 2:55am On Jul 14, 2015
I am a 33 years unemployed graduate and i have a girlfriend of 32 years and we have been dating for 3 years now. She is putting pressure on me to marry her and i have just yielded to her pressure by putting the wedding for next month. I m really scared if love is enough to keep our marriage since both of us are unemployed at the moment and i m just managing a room accommodation. some months i earn upto 15k from sale of shoes while some months i dont get upto 3k as earning and this money can hardly sustain me as a bachelor let alone getting a wife. please i need your candid advise so that i dont make the mistake of my life.
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:00am On Jul 14, 2015
It's a dicy situation.... but me thinks that if she agreed to marry you knowing your circumstance, then she truly loves you and wants to be with you no matter.....

...but then again....32?..........bleh!!

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Tallesty1(m): 3:01am On Jul 14, 2015
33 and unemployed Like seriously are you waiting for manna to fall from heaven??

Forget marriage now if u don't wanna die of frustration.

Go out and get busy bro.

10 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by braimeddy: 3:16am On Jul 14, 2015
marriage without money.....my guy don't let pple mislead u. It won't work out. Better go out dere and hustle b4 thinking of settling down. If perhaps the babe in question is working, the "see finish" go too much. To maintain ur prestige go and look for a Job b4 any oda tin

10 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by AirstarKane(f): 3:18am On Jul 14, 2015
No it can't o. Please don't lose focus, she on her part might be clamoring 4 marriage due to the society but I bet you don't want a nagging wife. If you sure you can be loyal, you guys can build your wealth together fine but entering marriage without financial security it's hell o especially when kids start coming in you guys need to talk. Because I no get no dey enter woman ear well o.

Wish you luck and increase. It is well smiley

5 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Boyoboy9(m): 3:20am On Jul 14, 2015
cool
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by raayah(f): 3:21am On Jul 14, 2015
Phboy1:
I am a 33 years unemployed graduate and i have a girlfriend of 32 years and we have been dating for 3 years now. She is putting pressure on me to marry her and i have just yielded to her pressure by putting the wedding for next month. I m really scared if love is enough to keep our marriage since both of us are unemployed at the moment and i m just managing a room accommodation. some months i earn upto 15k from sale of shoes while some months i dont get upto 3k as earning and this money can hardly sustain me as a bachelor let alone getting a wife. please i need your candid advise so that i dont make the mistake of my life.

you can both go to court or church to get married. No spending. Just you and your girlfriend. She is aware of your situation and still wants to marry you. Do it the easy way and cheap way.

She will come to live with you and maybe you can work/ find jobs together.

The only advice i have is for you not to have kids until you are financially stable. You dont want to bring your kid into this world to suffer.

11 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Emyemyberry(m): 3:26am On Jul 14, 2015
Those who say"money is not everything"should make enough before saying,"love is great in poverty:love is sweet in wealth" mr man i will advice you to wait for atleast 2 more years,so that you can be able to save more, if you are a christian"faith without works is dead:by strength shall no man prevail"

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by armyofone(m): 3:36am On Jul 14, 2015
Love is never enough. Put that marriage on hold and get a job, both of you.
Work/job first before marriage.

6 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by furezra(m): 3:41am On Jul 14, 2015
He that finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.

There's favor attached to marriage. Although you have to work harder and your wife should be involved in working also
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 14, 2015
O Lord! Desperation at its peak!
Seriously, what's the fun in staying unemployed and not doing anything?
As a woman, hungry no go fit catch me oooooooooooooo. FOR WHERE?
To fry akara dey
To sell moi moi dey
To sell food for market dey
To sell fruits dey
To carry OKIRIKA dey
To move from hostel to hostel sell women's stuff still dey.

NA ONLY LAZY GURLS NO GET MONEY AT ALL undecided undecided undecided.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 14, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
It's a dicy situation.... but me thinks that if she agreed to marry you knowing your circumstance, [s]then she truly loves you and wants to be with you no matter.....
[/s]

...but then again....32?..........bleh!!

Na big lie oooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo.
You can only prove that when a better guy ain't knocking on her door.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by b3llo(m): 4:17am On Jul 14, 2015
EggovinMma:
O Lord! Desperation at its peak! Seriously, what's the fun in staying unemployed and not doing anything? As a woman, hungry no go fit catch me oooooooooooooo. FOR WHERE? To fry akara dey To sell moi moi dey To sell food fir market dey To sell fruits dey To carry OKIRIKA dey Ti move from hostel to hostel sell womens stuff still dey.

NA 8 NL LAZY GURLS NO GET MONEY AT ALL undecided undecided undecided.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Dyt(f): 4:36am On Jul 14, 2015
The woman nagging you now for marriage will nag you out of it but who knows
That might be your break through

Bobo
I no no oo
I can't even relate with your problems at all
Cos when I was jobless, the least I had on mind was never a relationship not to talk of marriage

O boy
The Lord is in your case

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by boboLIL(m): 4:40am On Jul 14, 2015
She is puttin pressure on u and u boldly yield to that? Mr man.......u r marryin her under the influence of pressure.......age is not on her side dats d main reason not that she rili wana tie nuptial knot..

This is suicide attempt.....tel her u r not ready yet....

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by DonTim1: 4:44am On Jul 14, 2015
Pls I beg of u,don't do it.

Except by some special miracle,it is doomed alrdy.

Even the gospel wouldn't thrive without money.
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Ewuro4: 4:57am On Jul 14, 2015
armyofone:
Love is never enough. Put that marriage on hold and get a job, both of you.
Work/job first before marriage.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by southernbelle(f): 5:01am On Jul 14, 2015
you've already told her you guys will get married next month and now you are getting cold feet??
how are we sure you won't proceed with the wedding next month despite the advice well-meaning people give you here.
i'm sure you already know what you want to do, just go ahead and do it. goodluck!

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Yustash001(m): 5:06am On Jul 14, 2015
It can't survive o....your earning very low......you'll know the real deal when start having babies....

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Lilprincey(m): 5:49am On Jul 14, 2015
Can a building stand without it's foundation? I think you've qotten ur ansa

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by baba11(m): 6:25am On Jul 14, 2015
Dyt:
The woman nagging you now for marriage will nag you out of it but who knows
That might be your break through

Bobo
I no no oo
I can't even relate with your problems at all
Cos when I was jobless, the least I had on mind was never a relationship not to talk of marriage

O boy
The Lord is in your case
grin

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by baba11(m): 6:29am On Jul 14, 2015
Guy,I understand.... the desperation is due to the age factor especially on the part of the lady....know that money is not everything and you've to plan your life around your intended wife for you to be successful in life

#my2cent!!!!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by ShakurM(m): 6:29am On Jul 14, 2015
Can a car run without fuel? angry

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by cococandy(f): 6:42am On Jul 14, 2015
Hmmm. Whe. You people have kids, who will feed them?
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 14, 2015
raayah:

you can both go to court or church to get married. No spending. Just you and your girlfriend. She is aware of your situation and still wants to marry you. Do it the easy way and cheap way.

She will come to live with you and maybe you can work find jobs together.

The only advice i have is for you not to have kids until you are financially stable. You dont want to bring your kid into this world to suffer.
There is no way they won't have kids, d lady @ 32 is desperate to be a mum hence her reason for pushing for marriage despite knowing the guy is not financially stable!

Op frustration will set in, Regrets and all.... But I'm not GOD so I can't tell d future, but I will advise u to get a job first.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by jaybee3(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2015
Adufetohposh:
There is no way they won't have kids, d lady @ 32 is desperate to be a mum hence her reason for pushing for marriage despite knowing the guy is not financially stable!

Op frustration will set in, Regrets and all.... But I'm not GOD so I can't tell d future, but I will advise u to get a job first.

Do you honestly think a burning desire to be a mother will hinge on the condition of being married?

Her desperation is probably due to insecurity issues hence the demand

@OP

If you love her and you both want it then go ahead with a court wedding

Why are you guys jobless though, do you have any skills/certificates?

If you guys do decide to get married then please don't procreate until you are financially stable. The new status wouldn't necessarily change your financial standing since you guys have been able to manage as is for quite a considerable period of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 14, 2015
Both of you have been surviving on your low incomes so you can still survive after marriage... But be sure not to procreate till you're more financially stable abeg..

Also, hope you ain't marrying her cos she's putting pressure on you? You love her and want to marry her?

Then, she has to get something doing no matter how small.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 14, 2015
angryWhy is SHE not working sad
Some ladies are wicked oooooo sad.
It beats me why they bundle a guy into marriage jobless and remains jobless only for the guy to slave to spend on her slobby *ss embarassed
Anyway, na guy wey gree for that kain nansense I go blame, I kukuma no dey pity such guys. Mtcheeeeeeeeews.
OP, ntooooooor tongue tongue tongue tongue
grin grin grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by vague: 10:16am On Jul 14, 2015
Tallesty1:
33 and unemployed Like seriously are you waiting for manna to fall from heaven??

Forget marriage now if u don't wanna die of frustration.

Go out and get busy bro.
from your profile pic its clear you are a child.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Mutendiwashe(f): 10:27am On Jul 14, 2015
Phboy1:

You can still have a successful marriage without much money, all it takes is good planning and following through with your plan. I hope you be jointly taking care of the bills in the house though, because you look like you will need to do that.

If the shoe-business is always hot and cold you could consider extending to other things like food items, this is something everyone will always buy on a daily basis. Do make plans to expand especially when you will start having kids (if its part of the plan).

If she needs to be on pills or get a patch until you can afford to have children, you advice her to do so. Hopefully she will also be working or doing some form of business to help with the bills.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by udz: 11:11am On Jul 14, 2015
No
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advise Can A Marriage Survive Without Money? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 14, 2015
@Op, I am a woman and I don't sleep well when I'm unemployed for one month. Pls, I beg you, your 32yr old gf probably have been told that she is NOBODY without a husband, so it's not like she likes poverty, she just wants to get married at all cost.
Think twice, find something to do that would generate income and stay committed to your girlfriend until you have saved enough money.
Abeg oh, don't be deceived, you will not know the importance of money until you have another mouth to cater for. Don't go into marriage yet, cos the same society that's making your gf rush you will also remind her later that she is married to a lazy man who can't cater for her, remember, you will be at the receiving end of all the troubles. At least one of you should have a job.
God will help you and opens ways for you.

@Phboy1, or is your gf pregnant?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? / I Have A Nagging Wife / What Is The Best Gift One Can Give To His Wife ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.