Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed (8199 Views)

Prophet Mohammed Was A Womaniser? / Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) / Prophet Mohammed's Married Life Explained: U Can Ask Your Questions Politely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by littleb(m): 11:41pm On Jun 16, 2009
we are waiting to know what neotic2 has against Quran. May almighty one open the heart of the lost one to heed the truth.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 8:10am On Jun 17, 2009
@ Littleb

dexmond, try to get details from those who understand it. Though, there are several propangandists and antislamists who claim this verse to mean all muslims will enter hell fire. Have you ever ponder over it that Quran describe and proof it loudly in many places that believers and good-doers will enter paradise, very prevalent in many verses of the Quran. On this particular verse, if you yourself read the verse semantically, is there no difference between enter and pass. The meaning of passing over the hell is well describe in the hadith. The passing on the of judgement is crossing the bridge of sirat in which under it is hell. Ability to cross to the bridge easily will depends on our good deeds. Some will fall into hell because of thier bad deeds, in which prophet Muhammad will intercede for them after a while. Just go through the ffg hadiths for details:

Note: there are so many references but for brevity sake I only give very few.
Muslim Scholars commentary on whether all muslims will enter hell or not.
Here is a translation from Arabic source, I only took the point relevant to our discussion.

Ibn Kathir’s Commentary
Surah 19:71 Not one of you but will pass through it: this is, with thy Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished.
Imam Ahmad narrated that Sulaiman Ibn Harb narrated that Khalid Ibn Sulaiman narrated that Kathir Ibn Ziad Al- Barsani narrated that Abu Sumaya said, "We differed about the meaning of ‘Passing through it’ (wari-duha). For some of us said that no believer will enter hell and others said all (people) shall enter it and then Allah will save those who have done righteousness. Then I met Jabir Ibn Abdallah and I informed him that we differed about the meaning of, ‘Pass through it,’ and he replied that, "EVERYONE SHALL ENTER IT."
Note: there are more than dozen commentary by notable Islamic scholar.

Proofs:
The oldest extant biography of Muhammad is called the "Sirat Rasulallah" — "Life of the Prophet of Allah". This book was written by Ibn Ishaq, a devout Muslim scholar, and later revised by Ibn Hisham.

page 515 reads:

"Kinana al-Rabi, who had the custody of the treasure of Banu Nadir, was brought to the apostle who asked him about it. He denied that he knew where it was. A Jew came (Tabari says "was brought"wink, to the apostle and said that he had seen Kinana going round a certain ruin every morning early. When the apostle said to Kinana, "Do you know that if we find you have it I shall kill you?" He said "Yes". The apostle gave orders that the ruin was to be excavated and some of the treasure was found. When he asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr Al-Awwam, "Torture him until you extract what he has." So he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad b. Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud."

FROM SAHIH BUKHARI - VOLUME 5, #637:
Narrated Buraida: The prophet sent Ali to Khalid to bring the Khumus (part of the war booty) and I hated Ali, and Ali had taken a bath (after a sexual act with a slave girl from the Khumus). I said to Khalid, "Don't you see this (i.e. Ali)? When we reached the prophet I mentioned that to him. He said, "O Buraida! Do you hate Ali?" I said, "Yes." He said, "Do you hate him for he deserves more than that from the Khumus."

The note for 637 explains that Buraida hated Ali for taking from the Khumus, and Buraida thought that was not good.

You just have to know that Islam does not provide a pathway for Man's salvation which God promised at the fall that "The son of the woman shall bruised thy head"
This was a prophecy by God himself when he delivered judgement for Adams disobedience caused by the serpent(devil). The fulfilment is JESUS.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by olabowale(m): 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
@dexmond: Your defination of the meaning "wari-duha" is wrong. Passing over it, is what "wari-duha" means. There is no reason for a bridge to be erected over hell, except it serves a purpose. The purpose in this case is part of the process of Trial, Justice and Mercy of Allah. All mankind will be tried. Some will receive due Justice by falling into hell, when trying to cross over. These are the disbelievers.

Others, the believers, InshaAllah am one of them and so are the muslims from this generations to the last of them on earth, will cross successfully, by verious degrees of speed. They will not fall into the hell like the "nonMuslims" who will definitely be unsuccesful in their effort to cross over hell "throough the bridge."

Below is what an Islamic scholar says, on Fatwa.com

Islamic Fatwas 1178 Fatwas Available

Concerning the saying of Allaah “There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell)”
Question:

I read this verse in Surah Maryam:
{There is not one of you but will pass over it Wariduha (Hell); this is with your Lord; a Decree which must be accomplished. Then We shall save those who use to fear Allâh and were dutiful to Him. And We shall leave the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrongdoers, etc.) therein (humbled) to their knees (in Hell).}(Maryam 19:71-72)

I would like to know the meaning of this verse, especially the meaning of “Wariduha.” In At-Takhwif Minan-Nar, Ibn Rajab states that the scholars differ concerning the meaning of “Wurud”: Does it mean to enter the Fire, which would mean that both the believers and the disbelievers will enter the Fire, and then Allaah Almighty will save the believers from it? Or does it mean crossing the path, which is like the edge of a sword, and across which the first group of believers will cross like lightening, the second like wind, the third like the best of horses, the forth like the best of camels and other animals, and then the angels will passover

Answer:

There are authentic Hadiths that clearly show that Wurud is referring to the passing over the path, which is erected over the Hellfire – may Allaah Almighty protect us from it. People will go across it, and their speed will be according to their deeds, a fact that we learn from Hadiths

Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz
Fatawa Islamiyah, vol.7, p.155, DARUSSALAM

Other subjects of interest:

Belief in the Qur`aan
Commentary

2009 FatwaIslam.Com
Fatwa - Islamic Rulings - Islamic Scholars

Finally, the Prophet (AS) by his Lord, Allah the Almighty is the one out of human, muslims who have the final say of what a thing in the Quran means. Otherswill have to accept his definition. There is no way anyone can imagine that a prophet so honored will enter hell. Afterall, he is a muslim, too. To all of you who are not muslims, if you are sincerely seeking knowledge, it is okay for us, regardless of how you word your questions.

We will InhaAllah approach your concerns in the best matter. Hopefully we will give you the correct and the best meaning and understanding.

To you who think that you are undermining Islam, your case is with Allah your Lord and creator. There is nothing you can do to Isam. Definitely. And there is no muslim that will fall out of islam, except those whose heart have been wanting to go off course. You only in this case serve as the conduit. You have done nothing except the Biblical action of Judas Iscariot betrayal act., only. According to you, it was bound to happen. Judas was just the vessel
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by noetic2: 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ olabs

have thou accepted defeat?
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by olabowale(m): 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2009
Do you drink, man? How you conclude with the statement above beats me. Why dont you open a thread where we go chapter by chapter and colorfully underline my position, Mercy, etc against yours, unwaranted punishment or injustice?

The whole of nairaland and indeed the whole world will see who belongs to the rubbish depot/dump.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by noetic2: 3:12am On Jun 18, 2009
but u never asked me to open a thread initially. . . . .   did u?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-285557.0.html
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by olabowale(m): 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2009
I have to spoon feed you? Take initiative, man. I already responded to your challenge. Its on, buddy.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by noetic2: 11:54pm On Jun 18, 2009
olabowale:

I have to spoon feed you? Take initiative, man. I already responded to your challenge. Its on, buddy.

you are so pathetic. . . .u took 2 days off to go and consult ur islamic scholars. . . , too bad. lets see what u have got.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 7:50pm On Jun 21, 2009
@Olawale
Your defination of the meaning "wari-duha" is wrong. Passing over it, is what "wari-duha" means. There is no reason for a bridge to be erected over hell, except it serves a purpose. The purpose in this case is part of the process of Trial, Justice and Mercy of Allah. All mankind will be tried. Some will receive due Justice by falling into hell, when trying to cross over. These are the disbelievers.

Others, the believers, InshaAllah am one of them and so are the muslims from this generations to the last of them on earth, will cross successfully, by verious degrees of speed. They will not fall into the hell like the "nonMuslims" who will definitely be unsuccesful in their effort to cross over hell "throough the bridge."

Mr wale, Your Islamic scholars are not been sincere with you. Look at the following hadith, they don't want you to see it. You don't even need a scholar to interpret it to you sir.

… Anas then said, "Muhammad talked to us saying, ‘On the Day of Resurrection the people will surge with each other like waves, and then they will come to Adam and say, ‘Please intercede for us with your Lord.’… They would come to me and I would say, ‘I am for that.’ Then I will ask for my Lord's permission, and it will be given, and then He will inspire me to praise Him with such praises as I do not know now. So I will praise Him with those praises and will fall down, prostrate before Him. Then it will be said, ‘O Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for your will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.’ I will say, ‘O Lord, my followers! My followers!’ And then it will be said, ‘Go and take out of Hell (Fire) all those who have faith in their hearts, equal to the weight of a barley grain.’ … Anas told me the same as he told you and said that the prophet added, "I then return for a fourth time and praise Him similarly and prostrate before Him. He asks me the same as he did, ‘O Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for you will be granted (your request): and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.’ I will say, ‘O Lord, allow me to intercede for whoever said, "None has the right to be worshiped except Allah." Then Allah will say, ‘by my Power, and my Majesty, and by My Supremacy, and by My Greatness, I will take out of Hell (Fire) whoever said: 'None has the right to be worshipped except Allah.’" (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 601)

Note, in this hadith, the followers of allah’s messenger entered into hell (O Lord, my followers! My followers!).

You cannot endure one minute in hell, why then should you enter it at all? The confusion of Muslims about Christianity is the fact that God being a spirit cannot have a child. Yes, God cannot have a child by having carnal knowledge of a woman because he is a spirit. Whoever says that God slept with mary is saying blasphemy. Jesus is called the Son of God because God came to this earth and lived among us. You can get a lot of prophesy concerning the coming of God to dwell among men in the Torah!

Luke 1:26-38 (New King James Version)

26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”[a]
29 But when she saw him,[b] she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. 30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”
34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”
35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing will be impossible.”
38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

My brother, don’t let anybody deceive you, Islam does not offer hope. Salvation is in JESUS alone. In John 14:16 Jesus said “ I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me”
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by Abuzola(m): 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2009
Why didn't u quote the whole hadith instead of editing it and deleting a part to achieve ur goal, it iit is muslims whose evil deeds surpass good deeds that will end up in hell and subsequently removed and taken to paradise, for the full hadith of what that crook cross worshipper quoted check sahih bukhari hadith number 2183. Allah refute your stupid claim, Quran 4:147 'why should Allah punish you if you have thanked Him and have believed in HIM. And Allah is ever All appreciative, All knowing" and this is a essage to me from Allah to tell Quran 4:109"Lo ! You are those who have argued for them in the life of this world, but who will argue for them on the Day nf Resurrection against Allah or who will then be their defender ?" also Quran 4:138 "Give the hypocrites the tidings that there is for them a painful torment".
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2009
@abuzola

You have not interpreted the hadith that I quoted.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by Abuzola(m): 11:06pm On Jun 21, 2009
Every muslim will be in paradise even the worst of them all. If u go to the authentic hadith from where u copied it from u will observed the narrator anas says 'but here it ends like this' meaning the eventuality goes thus' at the beginning of the hadith, before that hadith is hadith 2182 in the content Prophet muhammad will say 'o my Lord, admit into paradise even those who have faith equal equal to a mustard seed in his heart' mark the word even. So don't just pass jagajaga message
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2009
@Abuzola
Is there repentance in hell? shocked
It is appointed unto man to die once, after this, judgement!
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by Abuzola(m): 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2009
Anybody who testify that their no god but Allah and muhammad is His messenger will enter paradise, though some evil muslim will taste hell but eventually be taken out to paradise. This is what the christians conceal and say despite how evil you are, you will enter paradise once u believe jesus die for ur sin. As u can see the truth is bitter but Quran spit it out unlike the christianity faith even if u kill, fornicate etc and u believe in christ hell will never burn u
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 7:30am On Jun 26, 2009
@Abuzola
You are confusing me. How will entering paradise be based on the sahada, yet some Muslim who had confessed the sahada still enter hell? Did they not say the sahada? Was the sahada not properly said? You need to explain peradventure you might successfully convince someone!
However,as far as the bible is concerned, one becomes saved when the person asks Jesus to come into his/her life after acknowledging that he/she is a sinner and confesses his/her sins . Asking Jesus to come into one’s life embodies so many things. Abuzola and his Muslim brethren, the only way to heaven is through Jesus (John 14:6- I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the father but by me). Muhammad is not a savior for he did not die for man’s sin neither did he proffer any remedy to deliver man from the torment of sin. He clearly stated it in this hadith:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
When Allah revealed the Verse: "Warn your nearest kinsmen," Allah's Apostle got up and said, "O people of Quraish (or said similar words)! Buy (i.e. save) yourselves (from the Hellfire) as I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment; O Bani Abd Manaf! I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment, O Safiya, the Aunt of Allah's Apostle! I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment; O Fatima bint Muhammad! Ask me anything from my wealth, but I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 51, Number 16)
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by Abuzola(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2009
Hmmm. Mr man u need to use ur head, come to think of this - if every muslim who says the shahada and will never enter hell, Farewell for i will do whatever i like, kill , rape, murder and all kind of atrocities since after all i will not dwell in hell. Allah says an evil muslim will taste torment in hell and later taken to paradise, this makes 100 percent absolutely that islam is of God and not of man who will say virtue to his own interest inorder to get followers like christendom. No wonder many sex house, assasins, raping- 60 ,000 wemen get raped in the U.S in a month, in south africa 1 out of 4 men is a rapis etc.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by Abuzola(m): 12:07pm On Jun 26, 2009
Muhammad never claim to be God, but a faithful messenger, he has no power over hell or paradise. He told fatima his daughter 'i advice u to do good for i cannot save u from Allah' . Noah pleaded to God to forgive his infidel son, God warned him not to say what he know not because his son is a sinner and dweller of hell. Abraham will plead to God on the day of judgement not to disgrace him as Allah has promised never to disgrace him, he will tell God to admit his father to paradise. Allah will answer 'i have forbidden paradise to infidel.' Prophet Muhammad keep asking God to forgive his grandfather and it was revealed the revealation 'whether u pray 70 times for the atheist/pagan Allah will not forgive them' later a verse was revealed banimg praying for an unbeliever.' as u can see no one is entitle to paradise except Allah. Prophet muhammad will intercede within the believers
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 9:59am On Jun 27, 2009
@ Abuzola

Every Muslim will be in paradise even the worst of them all
Initially, you said “every Muslim will enter hell even the worst of them”, now you are saying bad Muslims (the worst of them) will not enter.

I suppose, the good work which you think will save you may not be enough to earn you a place. According to your Quran, if your good deeds outweigh your evil deed, you will enter. In other words, all you need is 51% of holiness to make it! But we are told in the bible, that God, whom you say is the same as Allah is 100% holy. It’s a pity Islam does not offer hope.

Note that your self- righteousness according to my bible is like a filthy rag before the holy Almighty God.

Are your sins forgiven? Have they been washed? Who washed them? At what point did you become a Muslim? By birth or by committing you life to Allah? Do you have the conviction that you have salvation?

Allah’s apostle himself was afraid of an eclipse of the sun, thinking the hour of judgement had come not to talk of his followers. Why was he afraid? Was his work evil in the sight of God? Was there sin in his life that will prevent him from entering into the paradise of the Allah he had laboured to serve?
You think you are calling the same God that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob called. Ok, why don’t you pray to Allah this evening  and pray to him tomorrow using the title of  “God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob  for him”.
If you trust Allah take my challenge and do it, the one that answers, is the living God.

Ok, pray a different prayer than the formulae given in quran and the true God will show himself!
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by olabowale(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2009
@dexmond: Islam and Christianity or udaism or others are not the same. Get that into your system.
« #81 on: Today at 09:59:33 AM »
@ Abuzola
Every Muslim will be in paradise even the worst of them all
Initially, you said “every Muslim will enter hell even the worst of them”, now you are saying bad Muslims (the worst of them) will not enter.

I suppose, the good work which you think will save you may not be enough to earn you a place. According to your Quran, if your good deeds outweigh your evil deed, you will enter. In other words, all you need is 51% of holiness to make it! But we are told in the bible, that God, whom you say is the same as Allah is 100% holy. It’s a pity Islam does not offer hope.

Islam offers hope. There are many verses in the Quran where hope is expressed. Allah says that sinners should not despair in the hope of Allah forgiving you, for He forgives all sins. Now dexmond, the mere saying Laa ilaha ilallah, is weightier than the whole world. So it is not the 51/49 ration of good work, as you mentioned that really matters. Allah allows many different ways to receive His Mercy, Kindness, Forgiveness, etc. The moment that you do the basic requirements that qualifies you as muslim, and never associate anything with Allah, you are straight. All the good you do is for the pleasure of Al Rahman, you are on your basic step and line to receiving Allah's protection, away from hellfire.

Laa ilaha ilallah is bigger than what any good you do. I wonder what lack of hope you are talking about? In the tradition of Gary Coleman: What are you talking about?

Note that your self- righteousness according to my bible is like a filthy rag before the holy Almighty God.

Thats your Bible talking to the Christians, not talking to the Muslims! And muslims do not deal in self-righteousness, just the same way we dont talk about "original sin!" Islam is completely different from Christianity; we do not depend on spilled blood from or on the cross!

Are your sins forgiven? Have they been washed? Who washed them? At what point did you become a Muslim? By birth or by committing you life to Allah? Do you have the conviction that you have salvation?

Allah forgives sins. And many think they are washed clean, but they are very dirty. So dexmond, washing with blood is very dirty, and you can never get clean. I repeat you can never be clean. Allah washes away all sins. There is a prayer about that though; the muslims know the Dua. And it is not the only way you can get "salvation," just one of the ways! It does not matter when a muslim becomes one, forgiveness and mercy are Allah's alone.

Allah’s apostle himself was afraid of an eclipse of the sun, thinking the hour of judgement had come not to talk of his followers. Why was he afraid? Was his work evil in the sight of God? Was there sin in his life that will prevent him from entering into the paradise of the Allah he had laboured to serve?

Muhammad (AS) was not afraid. However, neither Muhammad nor Jesus nor anyone who walked the earth, ever knew about the hour of the time! Or will you show us where Jesus knew about time of the "hour?" Muslims will enter Paradise (by Allah's permission), so Muhammad will lead us by the Mercy of his Lord!

You think you are calling the same God that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob called. Ok, why don’t you pray to Allah this evening and pray to him tomorrow using the title of “God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for him”.
If you trust Allah take my challenge and do it, the one that answers, is the living God.

Abraham is Ibrahim (AS), Jacob is Yaquub (AS). I thought you have read the Quran before? Allah is what Arab Christians call the Bible (Hebrew, Aramaic languages) Yahweh/Jehovah/Elohim! I trust Allah and I have good proof of it; Yeterday, one of my closest person told me that that she went to Jumuah prayer with her friend, in Lagos. She is from a Christian home. Allah answered my prayer on her! Can Jesus or ghost or father truly answer your prayer?

Ok, pray a different prayer than the formulae given in quran and the true God will show himself!

Read what I said above. Seyi Elekuru (Ijebu Ode name),, told me that her heart is in Islam, already. Alhamdulillah. Allahu Akbar!
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2009
cry cry cry
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2009
Our impartial moderator has removed an important post on SUICIDE, DEMON AND ALLAH'S PROPHET. Please, nairalanders, help me ask why?

The agbero calls passenger for the conductor, when the bus is full, he will not enter.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by I: 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2009
@dexmond

I've read your piece there at Religion section. To be very sincere it was explicitly insulting Muslims. How then are you expecting it to be allowed here? I don't think it should.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by Abuzola(m): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2009
Nice one olabowale, there re many duties to get ur sin erased infact tremendous, like salat, hajj, friday nite praya etc
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by Abuzola(m): 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2009
I have a hadith with me that says SALAT expatiate sins, so u can see how we erase it 5 times daily unlike xtrianity
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by Abuzola(m): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2009
Note: salat expatiate minor sins with regards to as lie etc and major include murder, rape, adultery etc
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by olabowale(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2009
@dexmond: PLease note that your arguments are not clear. You go between Jesus being God, then to being son. You go between Jesus sleeping with his own mother and then it is the host, etc. When I overpower my wife and then over shadow her, it is sex that is happening. Then when she is pregnant after that, who can deny that sex never occurred? You have without saying it, while denying it postulated that God and Holy Spirit slept with Mary. The blasphamer is you! Raed your entries. Sex is sex, however you whitewash it. #72 on: June 21, 2009, 07:50 PM »

@Olawale

The name is Olabowale. You guys are too young to be misspelling an authentic Nigerian name. Unless you are not Nigerians.

Your defination of the meaning "wari-duha" is wrong. Passing over it, is what "wari-duha" means. There is no reason for a bridge to be erected over hell, except it serves a purpose. The purpose in this case is part of the process of Trial, Justice and Mercy of Allah. All mankind will be tried. Some will receive due Justice by falling into hell, when trying to cross over. These are the disbelievers.

Mr wale, Your Islamic scholars are not been sincere with you. Look at the following hadith, they don't want you to see it. You don't even need a scholar to interpret it to you sir.

I dont need Islamic scholars for this. I can read. It is very direct, just like I do know from Quran that I have to make daily Salah.

Of course, I will read your hadith below, and see where Muslims will burn in hell, as per your understanding. Yet the Jews will not or a single Christian will not, too. I guess its the bonfire of the Muslims, the Atheist and the others, then.

… Anas then said, "Muhammad talked to us saying, ‘On the Day of Resurrection the people will surge with each other like waves, and then they will come to Adam and say, ‘Please intercede for us with your Lord.’…

Jesus son of Mary is one of the people who couldn't intercede, too. Remember it is in the hadith? Dishonesty you have displayed.

They would come to me and I would say, ‘I am for that.’

You see the confidence in his ability to intercede.

Then I will ask for my Lord's permission, and it will be given, and then He will inspire me to praise Him with such praises as I do not know now. So I will praise Him with those praises and will fall down, prostrate before Him.

Permission by Allah is a sign of Mercy. Allah inspires, and grants all Muhammad' Intercession. Everyone fails, but Muhammad (AS) is being permitted. It is a statement, prophetic "prediction" for the future; the day of Judgement.

Then it will be said, ‘O Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for your will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.’ I will say, ‘O Lord, my followers! My followers!’ And then it will be said, ‘Go and take out of Hell (Fire) all those who have faith in their hearts, equal to the weight of a barley grain.’ …

When you read the start of the hadith, there was no indication that the believers who have no major sins or minor signs which are not wiped out, yet are in hellfire! Unless you say that Adam, etc, including Jesus are all in Hellfire, where they were being asked to intercede, before the Belivers came to Muhammad (AS)! You seem not to be sincere, but we will work with the situation.

So those who are in hellfire among the muslims, with even the small faith as that of the size of barley seed! This is miracle, when in your Bible those of the greatest Miracle performers in the name of "Jesus" shal be rejected by him, when he will say to them, I never knew you! THen dexmond, imagine your own condition! Have you performed any great miracle in the name of Jesus? That will not qualify you to enter but lake of fire, according to your Bible. You need to read it, all over, agaiin!

Anas told me the same as he told you and said that the prophet added, "I then return for a fourth time and praise Him similarly and prostrate before Him. He asks me the same as he did, ‘O Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for you will be granted (your request): and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.’ I will say, ‘O Lord, allow me to intercede for whoever said, "None has the right to be worshiped except Allah." Then Allah will say, ‘by my Power, and my Majesty, and by My Supremacy, and by My Greatness, I will take out of Hell (Fire) whoever said: 'None has the right to be worshipped except Allah.’" (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 601)

Again, you will see that Laa ilaha ilallah, is enough to get you to Paradise. This actually confirms the hadith of the simpliest of request from Muhammad (AS) to his uncle, Abutalib, to simply repeat it, Laa ilaha ilallah! Muhammad (AS) said it will be sufficient for him, to intercede. Compare this to that grusome condition of spilling human blood on the cross. Which one is easier on the participant? Yet you have refused to take up this offer!

Read the qualifications of Allah, again. Can anyone match these? For sure, no one!

Note, in this hadith, the followers of allah’s messenger entered into hell (O Lord, my followers! My followers!).

Note that the lieast of them: those who have just faith equal to barley seed in weight, and those who hae just simply said Laa ilaha ilallah! Those who are the fore most and all those who are above the barley seed in faith are not in hell! Read, again, except and I repeat that you are saying that Adam, etc and even Jesus are all in hell, where they were approached, for the intercession, which they could not do! Further, Muhammad (AS) approaches, prayed and praised by inspiration, granted and permitted to intercede, would not mean that he (Muhammad) was in Hell, or was it? The throne of allah is not in it or is it?

If Muhammad was in hell, burning, we did not see the sign of it. If his followers who finally approached him for the intercession, which even Jesus failed in, were burning, we did not see the sign of it. Or did you read it and come to the conclusion that the scenerios were being played in the fire of hell?

You cannot endure one minute in hell, why then should you enter it at all?  

I agree with you. However, Ibrahim entered the fire of Nimerod and was not burnt by the mercy of Allah. Adam and Eve came from Heavens to earth, body and soul and were not damaged. Jesus was taken up to heaven, and Muhammad eas taken up and to heavens and returned, in perfect condition. Miracles, man. Miracles. If God wills it that all mankind enter to hell and burn there, hHe would not have created Paradise. The fact that Paradise is created shows that there is mercy coming up! Muslims could have entered Hell, if I take your false scenerio, and not get burnt, and when the last of them is removed, the fire may be commanded to burn the rest of the people! But interestingly,you will be left in there. Is this not a concern for you? Please think, before you respond.

The confusion of Muslims about Christianity is the fact that God being a spirit cannot have a child. Yes, God cannot have a child by having  carnal knowledge of a woman because he is a spirit. Whoever says that God slept with mary is saying blasphemy. Jesus is called the Son of God because God came to this earth and lived among us. You can get a lot of prophesy concerning the coming of God to dwell among men in the Torah!

o you are saying that Jesus is his own father is what you are saying? But you mentioned Torah and didn't leave a single verse to buttress your argument! Thats an empty argument or can you recommend, where I will find something in Torah to support your argument?

But why have the Jews missed this statement in their Torah? You need to sell this argument to them before you come to the Muslims! Your work should start with the israelites, whose book you also read! At least you don't read the Quran and we do not share your Bible with you, none whatsoever!

Luke 1:26-38 (New King James Version)

26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”[a]

We are now in NT! But lets go along. Please pay attention to the fact that the woman in question was a young woman named Mary, who was still a virgin! Can anyone guess her age? Maybe between 13 and 16 years old. If she was older, it is not clear. But something is clear, she would not have remained a virgin even at 17, since the age of maturity with the Children of Israel is 13! Go ask them, thats why they have Bermitva, which you Christians have wrongly labelled Baptism! She was made readied for an old man Joseph. Age difference; some of you will say that Joesph is a cradle robber!

29 But when she saw him,[b] she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. 30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest;

Note that it did not say Son of God,  just son of the Highest! This could mean his tribal lineage from the whole Israelite races, etc! But we can't jump into conclusion that this is God being described here. But even then they call themselves sons and daughters of God, and even call themselves Lords. Can you disproof my statement?

and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.

His father is identified, as King David, who had been dead for hundreds of years! Confusion, except that you look at the bloodline of his mother. This bloodline must have come from David. This is why the Christians need to think about why the Quran addressed Mary as Sister of Aaron! Is there a process that is righ,t and the other (muslim) is wrong in calling these people, Jesus by david and mary his mother by Aaron?

33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

This is an unfulfilled prophesy! Or can you proof it is so? There is no signoficant amonunt of Israelites who take jesus seriously. Or in the Kingdom that you know, do the subjects take their king as jest or discreditted as the jews do of Jesus?

But then, where is Jesus reigning from now, about the house of David? The Jews who are bloodlines of david are not buyng it! You can see why when we say Muhammad abides with us forever, he does not have to be alive, but his words, commandments, etc are what are!

34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”
35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you;

$Osisi, I know its the weekend and you don't argue. But please help your brother in Christianity to understand the birds and the bees, because of your profession. When a male gender overpower and overshadows a female gender, what comes out of it being a boy, please expalin to him what that it, except it is sexual! This guy is still a virgin, if he falls for that kind of okeydokey.

Some women, especially women from the old countries with tradition, Middle east is a good region of this example, to have sex with her, its almost that you are starting a trhird World war!

Some people in the New World without so much culture, their pre-intimacy is like a wrestling match! What are you talking about!

therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing will be impossible.”
38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

Was there a time when the overpowering and the overshadowing took place, or did it happen when the Angel was still talking to her? Orishi rishi awon omo 9ja! What you have written and indeed what the Bible wrote is inconclusive, at best. Its an outright lie, at worst. I intentionally ignored the son of God title since above you have insinuated that Jesus was God himself. The whole argument is wishy washy.

My brother, don’t let anybody deceive you,  Islam does not offer hope. Salvation is in JESUS alone. In  John 14:16 Jesus said “ I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me”

If Jesus place as the only way to God is correct, I wonder what role Noah played with those who survived the flood wih him and never deviated from folowing his rules, given to him by God? What was the fate of Moses and Aaron and those who follwoedtem until death? What was the faith of those who obeyed Abraham, or those who obeyed Lot and were spared of the disaster of Sodom na Gommohrrah? What about thos e who followed Elihah and those who followed elisha? These are the people and their followers who never knew Jesus and died before him. Are they in hell, or what role will Jesus played in their lives on the that day If he is not important to them, since he cameafter their time, then know that Jesus era started and ended in his own earthly lifetime. What happenes after Muhammad came, is under the prophetic period of Muhammad (AS). You and me are alive under this time, not that of Jesus.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2009
@ I and other Muslims who may have read that piece.

I want to sincerely apologise for my poor interpretation of that hadith which you considered insulting to Islam. However, I want  you to know that it is an opinion that I stated which anybody can disprove by correctly interpreting the hadiths and the tafsir I quoted.  I am not the writer of the hadith, I only interpreted it according to my own understanding which may be wrong. It would have been better  if you had allowed an authority in islamic theolgy to come and give a sound interpretation.

Now, it appears you were panicking over a mere interpretation given by an ordinary Christian who does not understand much about Islam. If I were you, I would say, "your interpretation is wrong, this is the correct interpretation"
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by ayinba1(f): 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2009
@dexmond

Abuzola explained himself clearly about anyone being a muslim will finally enter Paradise. The muslims that performed evil acts will receive some punishment but will be forgiven by Allah or via an intercessor ( a muslim or the Prophet (pbuh)) .

I noticed that you repeated the question a few times and that is why I explained it. And FYI, Islam is not demonic.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 7:31pm On Jun 28, 2009
@ Ayinba1

Abuzola explained himself clearly about anyone being a muslim will finally enter Paradise. The muslims that performed evil acts will receive some punishment but will be forgiven by Allah or via an intercessor ( a muslim or the Prophet (pbuh)) .

I noticed that you repeated the question a few times and that is why I explained it. And FYI, Islam is not demonic.

@ Olabowale
You see the confidence in his ability to intercede.

It is quite surprising that you don’t that there are a hadiths where the prophet said he is not an intercessor!
It appears you don’t know the following hadiths :
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "(On the Day of Resurrection) camels will come to their owner in the best state of health they have ever had (in the world), and if he had not paid their Zakat (in the world) then they would tread him with their feet; and similarly, sheep will come to their owner in the best state of health they have ever had in the world, and if he had not paid their Zakat, then they would tread him with their hooves and would butt him with their horns." The Prophet added, "One of their rights is that they should be milked while water is kept in front of them." The Prophet added, "I do not want anyone of you to come to me on the Day of Resurrection, carrying over his neck a sheep that will be bleating. Such a person will (then) say, ‘O Muhammad! (please intercede for me,).’ I will say to him. ‘I can't help you, for I conveyed Allah's Message to you.’ Similarly, I do not want anyone of you to come to me carrying over his neck a camel that will be grunting. Such a person (then) will say ‘O Muhammad! (Please intercede for me).’ I will say to him, ‘I can't help you for I conveyed Allah's message to you.’" (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 24, Number 485)
Moreover, Allah’s apostle does not know his own fate!
Narrated ‘Um al-‘Ala:
An Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet that the Ansar drew lots concerning the dwelling of the Emigrants. ‘Uthman bin Maz'un was decided to dwell with them (i.e. Um al-‘Ala’s family), 'Uthman fell ill and I nursed him till he died, and we covered him with his clothes. Then the Prophet came to us and I (addressing the dead body) said, "O Abu As-Sa'ib, may Allah's Mercy be on you! I bear witness that Allah has honored you." On that the Prophet said, "How do you know that Allah has honored him?" I replied, "I do not know. May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! But who else is worthy of it (if not 'Uthman)?" He said, "As to him, by Allah, death has overtaken him, and I hope the best for him. By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me," By Allah, I will never assert the piety of anyone after him. That made me sad, and when I slept I saw in a dream a flowing stream for 'Uthman bin Maz'un. I went to Allah's Apostle and told him of it. He remarked, "That symbolizes his (good) deeds." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 266)

We are now in NT! But lets go along. Please pay attention to the fact that the woman in question was a young woman named Mary, who was still a virgin! Can anyone guess her age? Maybe between 13 and 16 years old. If she was older, it is not clear. But something is clear, she would not have remained a virgin even at 17, since the age of maturity with the Children of Israel is 13! Go ask them, thats why they have Bermitva, which you Christians have wrongly labelled Baptism! She was made readied for an old man Joseph. Age difference; some of you will say that Joesph is a cradle robber!
Ah, my senior, you appear to be against Allah’s  Prophet who said that Jesus was born of a virgin!
Surah 3:45-47
When the angels said, "O Mary! Allah announces to you a Word from himself, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, and to be honoured in this world and the hereafter, and of those who draw near. He will speak to the people in his infancy and in maturity, and will be one of the righteous." She said, "How shall I bear a son when no one has touched me?" He replied, "Even so, Allah creates what he wills. When he decrees a matter, he only says to it Be! and it comes to be."

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God." John 3:16-18

@Ayinba1

I am not saying your religion is demonic, kindly interpret this, you might end up making me a muslim!

An experience Muhammad had as a child.

When Muhammad was a child he was nursed by a Bedouin woman. During this time he had an experience with "two men in white raiment". Here is W. M. Watt's translation of Ibn Ishaq's biography of Muhammad, page 36:

", two men in white clothes came to me with a golden basin full of snow. They took me and split open my body, then they took my heart and split it open and took out from it a black clot which they flung away. Then they washed my heart and my body with that snow until they made them pure."

This event deeply disturbed the Bedouins and they returned Muhammad to his mother. Here is the story told by Muhammad's wet-nurse, related in Guillaume's translation of Ibn Ishaq, page 72:

"His [Muhammad's friend's] father said to me, "I am afraid that this child has had a stroke, so take him back to his family before the result appears. , She [Muhammad's mother] asked me what happened and gave me no peace until I told her. When she asked if I feared a demon had possessed him, I replied that I did."

Narrated 'Abdullah:
Allah's Apostle said that he met Zaid bin 'Amr Nufail at a place near Baldah and this had happened before Allah's Apostle received the Divine Inspiration. Allah's Apostle presented a dish of meat (that had been offered to him by the pagans) to Zaid bin 'Amr, but Zaid refused to eat of it and then said (to the pagans), "I do not eat of what you slaughter on your stone altars (Ansabs) nor do I eat except that on which Allah's Name has been mentioned on slaughtering." (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, number 407)

Note that this incident took place before Alla's Apostle prophetic calling.
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2009
@Olabowale
Here is a few of many portions of the Torah that prophesied the coming of the messiah

Fulfilled Prophecy                                                                Torah                                                          New Testament
His pre-existence                                                                Micah 5:2                                                          John 1:1, 14

From the tribe of Judah                                                Genesis 49:10                                          Matthew 1:1-3

Born in Bethlehem                                                                 Micah 5:2                                               Matthew 2:1

Born of a virgin                                                                 Isaiah 7:14                                          Matthew 1:18

Declared to be the Son of God                                                 Psalm 2:7                                                          Matthew 3:17

Preceded by a messenger to prepare His way                 Malachi 3:1                                          Matthew 11:7-11

Sold for 30 pieces of silver                                                 Zechariah 11:12                                          Matthew 26:15; Luke 22:5

Spat upon, smitten and scourged                                 Isaiah 50:6, 53:5                                          Matthew 27:26, 30

He bore the sins of many                                                 Isaiah 53:10-12                                          Mark 10:45

Soldiers gambled for his garment                                 Psalm 22:18                                          Matthew 27:35

Resurrected from the dead                                                 Psalm 16:10-11; 49:15                          Mark 16:6
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by Abuzola(m): 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2009
U quoted john 3:16, New dimension.
John 3:16 'for God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life'

Psalms 2:7 'I will tell of the decree of the lord. He said to me 'YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU'

is God confused about his begotten son or is another yet contradiction from the bible ? Alhamdulilah am a muslim
Re: Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed by dexmond: 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2009
is God confused about his begotten son or is another yet contradiction from the bible ? Alhamdulilah am a muslim

Jesus and the Almighty God are one and the same.

John 5:17-18

"Jesus said to them, 'My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.' For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God"

John 8:19

"Then they asked him, 'Where is your father?' 'You do not know me or my Father,' Jesus replied. 'If you knew me, you would know my Father also'" 

John 8:58

"'I tell you the truth,' Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was born, I am!'"

John 10:30

"I and the Father are one"

John 14:7-11, 20

Jesus also affirmed His deity to the disciples. "'If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.' Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.' Jesus answered: 'Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.'"

We believe God came and lived among men in the person of jesus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

How Can Muslims Balance These Narratives / The Most Noble In The Sight Of Allah Is The Most Of Righteous. Be Humble! (pics) / Happy Eid ul Adha To Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.