Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Advice On How To Add Weight! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Advice On How To Add Weight! (31445 Views)

Pls I Need Advice On How To Stop My Smoking Life / I Want To Add Weight / How To Add Weight Locally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Demmzy15(m): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin grin grin LWTMB grin grin Bros, better go and learn martial art, if not, those guys won't stop bullying you cheesy Perhaps you should travel to china and go find jet li.

My 2 Kobo. wink

Top of the morning oh my kind sire smiley
Lol, I don dey learn small small o. My guys for sch don treat their Bleep up grin
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Dove2288(m): 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hello..
My name is Tolu Francis. My concern is why do you want to get fat?
please don't get fat because people say you're too slim. The most important thing is to be healthy. I have met a lot of people and even heard stories who because they wanted to be fat took up certain eating eating disorders. I decided to write on Eating Disorders in a 3-episode series. This might help
http://tolufrancis.com/eating-disorders-a-battle-with-self/
http://tolufrancis.com/eating-disorders-a-hideous-mental-illness/
http://tolufrancis.com/eating-disorders-treatment-and-recovery/
you can speak with me through my email contactme@tolufrancis.com
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Rilwayne001: 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
Demmzy15:

Lol, I don dey learn small small o. My guys for sch don treat their Bleep up grin

Good to hear cool

1 Like

Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by kaushalchandak: 10:51am On Jul 17, 2015
Fastest way to gain weight may not be the best way to gain weight. Again best way to gain weight may not be the easiest way to gain weight! This page has some healthy ways to gain weight http://www.valuefood.info/2657/healthy-ways-to-gain-weight/
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 18, 2015
deywarley:
It could be a frustrating experience cos i've been there. Trust me it's not easy cos then I used to eat a lot and use multivitamins, even blood tonic just to add weight but it seems not to work. Eventually someone advised me to hit the gym, eat more of protein, drink a lott of fluid and instead of eating large sum of food once, I should rather eat in bits, that is I should eat little quantity of food constantly so I can eat 5-7 times a day. It worked like magic, within 3 months I started gaining weight, in a fit and healthy way too. However I can't say 100% if this will work for a girl but it's worth a trial if you ask me.

In the alternative, you can consider getting pregnant as this will surely make you add weight and u get a bonus (the child) at the end of the whole thing smiley (hope this doesn't count as a silly comment)

Spot on

Kindly share the protein and supplements u used. and also where you got them.

many thanks.
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by deywarley(m): 10:11am On Jul 18, 2015
proponent2015:

Spot on

Kindly share the protein and supplements u used. and also where you got them.

many thanks.
Just take food rich in protein (beans, meat, fish etc) and get any good vitamin supplements from a supermarket
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 18, 2015
deywarley:

Just take food rich in protein (beans, meat, fish etc) and get any good vitamin supplements from a supermarket

many thanks.

vitamin supplements like? kindly suggest based on ur experience...

thanks again.
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by cosycee(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2015
Medunah:
@deywarley nd jejemanito, tnx, will try those too.....someone also told me dat eating late nd taking junk foods can help, aw true is dis??
well eating late helps but it sure has its demerits
and eating junks help too
try indomie and egg(fried) continously
plus hit the gym..leads to toning of muscles and your bod would require more food from you
but hey..............dont expect a miracle, when I say miracle I mean dont expect it within a short period of time
hope this comment isnt silly cheesy

1 Like

Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by ElekeNtioba: 1:11am On Jul 25, 2015
deywarley:

how often do u take d supplements. Someone told me is not good to take them always, sumtin abt stressing vital organs like kidney. What do u advice??
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Awho(m): 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Oh first time ever my nl besttie is. Puting. Up a post please able doctors n therapist in tha house say somefin. Friend. Friend have yhu tried eggovin?
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Medunah: 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
Awho:
Oh first time ever my nl besttie is. Puting. Up a post please able doctors n therapist in tha house say somefin. Friend. Friend have yhu tried eggovin?
Ikr?? ....eggovin?? Nope, never heard of it

Valentinooo:

The truth is that the school stress will not allow you to add weight at all, just face your studies for now and see how you will add much weight when u get married *(from observations so far). I always laugh whenever I see a pics of my sister and her course mates while in final year, flat yansh, skinny legs, arms, neck. Most of them now are even afraid of overweight as they now carry big fronts and back.
Me too I'm a skinny guy, but believe adding weight is as a result of rest of mind. Enjoy ur nature for now and forget all these eat this eat that I'm seeing up there.
Tnx, jz dat I hate it dat I can add now, everyone arnd me seems to be adding weight xept me
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Awho(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=Medunah post=36299764] Ikr?? ....eggovin?? Nope, never heard of it
am sure you'll like it why not give it a shot
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Dove2288(m): 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
I have a couple of friends who took me spot on when I wrote about Eating Disorders asking what can they do to add weight.

Some asked what they could do to get fat. My question of those times was to ask why they wanted to add some weight or why do you want to get fat . Sadly, it was due to the fact that they felt they were too slim or skinny.

My next question was : do you really want to add some weight or you want to get fat? They would look at me as though I was confused. It was at this point I thought I needed to write something about the difference between adding some weight and getting fat.
Read more here
http://tolufrancis.com/weight-vs-fat/
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by dhappyking(m): 5:37am On Aug 08, 2015
You just came back from school, sheeee? Probably, just finished your exams, swotting, eating less and having sleepless nights and worrying your head silly over your school work. Give yourself a break, please. Just make sure you are healthy. Then eat well, get enough sleep and chill. You will be just fine. Honestly me likes your shape. Just keep fit.
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by dhappyking(m): 5:38am On Aug 08, 2015
Do you know your BMI figure?
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Medunah: 5:42am On Aug 08, 2015
dhappyking:
Do you know your BMI figure?
Wats BMI??
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2015
learn to eat late at nite
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by imagrg(m): 4:08am On Aug 10, 2015
I was very thin once, to my embarrassment. A friend recommended dexacotin 1mg, 1 tablet morning and evening and within days, I was eating like a cow and I put on a lot of weight. Many may frown at this but it works! It costs about 400 Naira. Available in most pharmacy or chemist shops.

1 Like

Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by equlibrium(m): 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2015
Medunah:
Ok, so naturally am a slim person but recently i noticed that i have bin losing weight. I got back from skul last week and my mum was like 'do u eat at all'?? At first i wasnt disturbed but now everyone is complaining about the same thing.

I even started taking multivitamins like my mum asked me to but deres still no changes. Its like going from slim to skinny. So anyone who has any idea on how i can add weight should pls share, tnx.

NB: normally, i wouldnt have posted a topic on here but its really bothering me, so pls no silly comments.
Carry belle. Ultimate solution wink
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by equlibrium(m): 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
And if thats you on profile pic and its recent then you make sense.
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Odunharry(m): 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
Medunah:
Wats BMI??
body mass index.. it a measure of fat considering your height and weight
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Dove2288(m): 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
A couple of times, people struggle with adding weight while some really want to lose.
I wrote something sometimes back in regards to how you can add weight on my blog.

I titled it HOW TO GET FAT
Most dieting and health advice focuses on losing fat, not gaining it. Accordingly, you may be at a loss for information about how to properly put on fat. Whether you’re gaining fat for health reasons or are an actor preparing for a movie role, there are safer and healthier ways to gain fat than not exercising and eating junk food. By following the correct regimen, you can gain the fat you want while maintaining your health.

You can read up the difference between this two here
CHECK IT OUT http://tolufrancis.com/how-to-get-fat/
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Lekan247: 5:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
Are You Skinny and looking to Gain weight VISIT LINK NOW FOR SOLUTION >> pharmworldng..com.ng/2016/01/how-to-gain-weight-in-nigeria.html
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by dantori(m): 7:20am On Feb 18, 2016
Medunah:
Ok, so naturally am a slim person but recently i noticed that i have bin losing weight. I got back from skul last week and my mum was like 'do u eat at all'?? At first i wasnt disturbed but now everyone is complaining about the same thing.

I even started taking multivitamins like my mum asked me to but deres still no changes. Its like going from slim to skinny. So anyone who has any idea on how i can add weight should pls share, tnx.

NB: normally, i wouldnt have posted a topic on here but its really bothering me, so pls no silly comments.

get to me for genuine ideas
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
imagrg:
I was very thin once, to my embarrassment. A friend recommended dexacotin 1mg, 1 tablet morning and evening and within days, I was eating like a cow and I put on a lot of weight. Many may frown at this but it works! It costs about 400 Naira. Available in most pharmacy or chemist shops.
wen u stopped d drugs..did u loose weight
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Darque5ive: 1:34pm On May 21, 2016
Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass is what you need
to gain weight safely and effectively. Accompanied
with moderate exercises, you can be guaranteed the
curves and muscles you've always craved! Difference and result are obvious within a week. This
product set die! Place your order @ 08057917165
PS; You don't lose the weight you gain when you stop taking this.

1 Share

Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Medunah: 11:00am On Jun 11, 2016
imagrg:
Hey, has this drug gone extinct or what?? Cos I didn't find it in 3 pharmaceutical outlets I went to. Any ideas?? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by MozartianDreams(m): 11:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
@op, my advice is; stay away from "over-the-counter" drugs if you absolutely can, especially if they are without prescription(s). This is to avoid problems like liver complications, eating/behavioural disorders and the like.

The best thing to do right now is:

1. Cut down stress.

2. Eat a balanced diet promptly and regularly (Avoid a haphazard eating habit, as this can cause undesirable weight gain (I know I wrote this) or loss depending on factors.

3. Cut down junk food (bad weight gain, not healthy), and

4. Reduce beverage intake such as caffeine, soft drinks, e.t.c and even alcohol in favour of water as much as possible - they are not exactly the same as water, because your liver's got to deal with stuff later, not to mention that they have a dehydrating effect on your body cells (osmosis of course).

5. Toxins, if present may be hindering weight gain. Toxins are presented to us from different sources daily; food gone bad, polluted air, water, e.t.c. When the body that is to say the liver is busy cleaning up the body's blood from these toxins, chemicals and if there are disease antigens present, that includes the "T-cells"- our bodies' fighter cells, there isn't as much "room" for the body to carry out as much creative anabolic processes, for weight gain, other than to just "maintain". So, protect yourself from what's in your environment that might be harmful - stay away from cigarette smoke. Eat lots of fruits and veggies (dark green leafy ones especially, like in your food 5 to 10 mins before it is ready to be served) and have adequate amounts of water per day to help detoxify.

6. Lastly, you need at least 4-5 hours of quality, and I say again, real quality sleep

7. Additionally, keep a positive mental attitude, and don't get bogged out by the whole ordeal, be natural and don't obsess about it. Even if you make a mistake in the process of trying to gain weight healthily, don't get hard on yourself. Before you know it, you would have added a pound or two.

- Make sure you exercise regularly also, so you master your weight(s) as soon as you add them.

3 Likes

Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by gynny(f): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
Eating disorders treatment is no joke, it should be taken very serious. People who have eating disorders should seek professional help. Click on the link below to read more on eating disorders and the types of eating disorders.

1 Like

Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by Nkinky: 12:18am On Oct 11, 2016
Easy way to add weight without any side effect is by taking instant porridge call/whatsapp 08068373874
Re: Advice On How To Add Weight! by wandeykul(f): 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
imagrg:
pls what type of dexacotin tablet did you use?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: DICON Develops DICOVENT, Ventilators For Local Use / "How Soldier Boyi ThankGod Killed Himself In Ogun" – Nigeria Army / Help!! Is This Spiritual Or Physical Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.