Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine (25191 Views)

Four Months After Abortion No Menstruation / I Did An Abortion , Please Help / Help,3.5months Pregnant And Need An Abortion!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by fibe: 11:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Are you for real?
. this statement looks familiar
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by ifihearam: 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
It should be 95% of Nigerian women.
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by Holyghostpikin(m): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
Everyone who commits an abortion is a murderer and will pay for it except genuine repentance is done
It's even worse if d baby aborted is a prophet of God
u w pay for it!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by pomporiking: 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
100% in support of abortion

1 Like

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by EmekaBlue(m): 12:01am On Jul 15, 2015
B I T C H E S nah
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by favourmic(m): 12:01am On Jul 15, 2015
Gloryblossom:
Why r u blamin ladies for doin abortion,is it not u guys who end up inpregnantin them an abadon them,some of u will deny them sayin is not urs,but wen u were busy ridin on top her like a horse u dint remember is not urs,even wen d girls ask to use condom u will say is not sweet,she refuse u sex u cheat on her,which one will de do u guys to b satisfy,woman woman all d time,what of d man,abi na d woman d give herself d belle.some of u guys here end up rapin dem,will de keep bastard as child,may guys rape ur sister if u know d truth n talk rubbish here.Nonsense

who u dey talk to? nah fight u wan fight? grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 15, 2015
koyyes:
Because the male folks responsible are not ready to become fathers. I'm sure the study was mostly carried out in black dominated communities where you have hit and run males.
i swear you mad ohh.

Weti make you hate black men like this angry
YOU get real psychological problem. Pls just try and visit a psychologist, one way or another cure must surely come out
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 15, 2015
onomeglo:
Story
Judgment awaits your likes....
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by achukonnamdi(m): 12:05am On Jul 15, 2015
You didn't enter their hearts/minds to know the truth. They use to regret the abortions thay did until they die, but they can't tell you that the are regreting it.
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by bixyxx: 12:09am On Jul 15, 2015

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by oladeledave: 12:09am On Jul 15, 2015
Improve Your Dieting And Weight Loss Mentality

This is a notion everybody should be clear about, dieting does not come by starving. I have heard about people who literally starve

themselves all in the name of wanting to shed some heavy weight

Read more
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 15, 2015
AreaFada2:

Lol. So women have sex just to do men a favour? Women don't enjoy sex. Tortoise & hare story.

I know what I see women insert into their VJ in my line of work. We have to extricate all manner of objects from it. grin cheesy

Anyway, I said no to raw sex. Maybe you need reading glasses.
educate yourself boy, who told you condom gives 100 % protection? Learn to accept that a part of the blame is caused by your likes that elope when the deed has been done. If you consider yourself man enough to have intimacy, you should be ready to man up and face the consequences that may follow. Quit the feminism bull shiit. The tradition of your ancestors proves me right.

3 Likes

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by MarieSucre(f): 12:15am On Jul 15, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
How can they regret when it is an avenue to restart fuccking again
Even of they had the child they would still do it. what's your point?

1 Like

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by MarieSucre(f): 12:16am On Jul 15, 2015
achukonnamdi:
You didn't enter their hearts/minds to know the truth. They use to regret the abortions thay did until they die, but they can't tell you that the are regreting it.
And how did you know? are you now in their minds? Did they come to whisper their regrets to you? Shaking my head for you.

2 Likes

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by dallyemmy: 12:16am On Jul 15, 2015
Some do not have children after the abortion
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 15, 2015
sonofananimal1:
i swear you mad ohh.

Weti make you hate black men like this angry
YOU get real psychological problem. Pls just try and visit a psychologist, one way or another cure must surely come out
No, i don't hate black men. I hate men who possess the 'negro' mentality. There is a very thin line between the two. Even an im#becile knows that so where does that put your likes? I' m not the iiidiot who of all the options available, chose to have 'sonofananimal' as my moniker and keeps typing and ranting about his mother in block letters. Who needs the psychiatric help now? swerve!!

2 Likes

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by MarieSucre(f): 12:18am On Jul 15, 2015
canalily:
...smileymotherhood is the best experience every woman aspires to....wink
I ASPIRE to live orbiting space with a steady supply of Pringles, nutella and ijebu garri at my disposal.

1 Like

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by Badmusabiola(m): 12:19am On Jul 15, 2015
but a lifetime regrette for those that suffere it
raayah:

SOURCE : http://time.com/3956781/women-abortion-regret-reproductive-health/
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by MarieSucre(f): 12:20am On Jul 15, 2015
canalily:
.....smileymotherhood is the best experience every woman aspires....wink
I ASPIRE to live orbiting space with a steady supply of Pringles, nutella and ijebu garri at my disposal.

1 Like

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by AreaFada2: 12:30am On Jul 15, 2015
koyyes:

educate yourself boy, who told you condom gives 100 % protection? Learn to accept that a part of the blame is caused by your likes that elope when the deed has been done. If you consider yourself man enough to have intimacy, you should be ready to man up and face the consequences that may follow. Quit the feminism bull shiit. The tradition of your ancestors proves me right.

Ok, let me see how educated you're without checking Google: How effective is condom as a contraceptive? What are your chances of pregnancy after a single intercourse with ejaculation, if both man & woman have average fertility??

My experience when I was single was alarming. Very worrying. 95% of women: lawyer, accountant & so on never insisted on condom. I'm even talking of a Western country. I don't even want to imagine how the less educated go about theirs. A place where the Ministry of Health has disseminated so much information about HIV/STIs for over 30 years now. The sheer recklessness of it. I never did without condom. NEVER. A guy who dips his thing into what could be a public toilet is utterly reckless anyway.

I have never had a baby aborted. THANK GOD.

Some women claim condom is painful.

Angry women always look for men to blame for everything.

So just because condom is not 100% effective, you rather not use it at all. Na wa o.

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by Emodeee: 12:31am On Jul 15, 2015
raayah:

As u dey so, u nvr abort any baby b4?
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by MarieSucre(f): 12:35am On Jul 15, 2015
AreaFada2:

Except you mean where they rape people.

A woman old enough to have sex should be able to say no to raw sex. And should know to protect herself/her body. How often do women take care of matters that men would suffer from if it happens? grin cheesy

Is there anything feminist-wannabe won't blame men for? shocked shocked
This has nothing to do with feminism. Its the realities of the society we live in.

Say the woman also wears a female condom(That's assuming the man does), and it fails. The man doesn't want to be a father. Of course it is easier for him to bail out on the relationship (if there was one) and the growing result of such(the baby). But the woman doesn't have such luxury.

Her body is showing physical proof i.e a growing tummy not to count all the orisirisi symptoms of nausea, wretching, dizziness, swollen feet, irregular appetite. Then the nosy world around her;
IN HER FRONT
what happened?
who is the father?
is he gonna take responsibility?
How will you cater for it?
Do your parents know?(depending on where she is in life)

AT HER BACK
I first know say she be Ashewo!
Na that guy se na im give am belle??
I wonder how she fit dey commit for street with that big thing. e.t.c

All these while the guy can be in another state, another country doing his thing and no one would know that part of his proteins are causing a major shift in a girl's life elsewhere.

mind you the baby has not even been born yet.
So never, ever, ever underestimate what a pregnancy, especially and illegitimate one can do to a girls life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by Tohpeh(m): 12:42am On Jul 15, 2015
hmm, not real...
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by MarieSucre(f): 12:42am On Jul 15, 2015
AreaFada2:

Ok, let me see how educated you're without checking Google: How effective is condom as a contraceptive? What are your chances of pregnancy after a single intercourse with ejaculation, if both man & woman have average fertility??

My experience when I was single was alarming. Very worrying. 95% of women, lawyer, accountant & so on never insisted on condom. I'm even talking of a Western country. I don't even want to imagine how the less educated go about theirs. A place where the Ministry of Health has disseminated so much information about HIV/STIs for over 30 years now. The sheer recklessness of it. I never did without condom. NEVER. A guy who dips his thing into what could be a public toilet is utterly reckless anyway.

So just because condom is not 100% effective, you rather not use it at all. Na wa o.

grin cheesy
Every partner is responsible for their own protection. Its silly to blame women for not requesting their partner use a condom. Only prostitutes make such a request mandatorily because of their line of work.
Do you need to be told to use a kitchen napkin to hold a pot on the stove.
It is wiser to discuss what type of protection to use with your sexual partners before the act itself. If you're one for casual sex with every Tina, Dorothy and Helen, then I have no words for you than to " be carefull".
Dipping your thingy into a public toilet already makes it a toilet brush. With a condom... a toilet brush wrapped with nylon

2 Likes

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by knight05(m): 12:46am On Jul 15, 2015
lemie buy this plot of land first. . . . a big shout to my sweet heart esther. . . I really love you. . . I can shout it anywhere. . even on nairaland. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 15, 2015
AreaFada2:

My experience when I was single was alarming. Very worrying. 95% of women, lawyer, accountant & so on never insisted on condom. I'm even talking of a Western country. I don't even want to imagine how the less educated go about theirs. A place where the Ministry of Health has disseminated so much information about HIV/STIs for over 30 years now. The sheer recklessness of it. I never did without condom. NEVER. A guy who dips his thing into what could be a public toilet is utterly reckless anyway.

grin cheesy
At least if you become this desperate to lie, come up with more constructive points. Where are the statistics to prove this bull shiit you've just spewed? It has now become necessary for a regular visitor of brothels to use his findings in a brothel as a case study because he believes in his mind that it represents women of all class,race and profession? Any reasonable being who reads this will clearly see how subjective and unprofessional you are. Shame.

2 Likes

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by AreaFada2: 12:48am On Jul 15, 2015
MarieSucre:

This has nothing to do with feminism. Its the realities of the society we live in.

Say the woman also wears a female condom(That's assuming the man does), and it fails. The man doesn't want to be a father. Of course it is easier for him to bail out on the relationship (if there was one) and the growing result of such(the baby). But the woman doesn't have such luxury.

Her body is showing physical proof i.e a growing tummy not to count all the orisirisi symptoms of nausea, wretching, dizziness, swollen feet, irregular appetite. Then the nosy world around her;
IN HER FRONT
what happened?
who is the father?
is he gonna take responsibility?
How will you cater for it?
Do your parents know?(depending on where she is in life)

AT HER BACK
I first know say she be Ashewo!
Na that guy she na im give am belle??
I wonder how she fit dey commit for street with that big thing. e.t.c

All these while they guy can be in another state, another country doing his thing and no one would know that part of his proteins are causing a major shift in a girl's life elsewhere.

mind you the baby has not even been born yet.
So never, ever, ever underestimate what a pregnancy, especially and illegitimate one can do to a girls life

My dear, much of these things have been discussed before. Women should sit down (if possible with help from NGOs) and decide what they want and what's good for them.
The average girl now knows that sex without condom can lead to pregnancy, STIs etc. They also know that a guy you're not married to can bail out. He also might not be your only sex partner. There is also emergency contraceptive (morning after pill).
Arguing won't help anyone, people who claim to fight for women should go out there and enlighten/empower women.

In a place like 9ja, the only argument I accept is that poverty affects lots of women. The guy with the economic power (pays her school fees, rent, maintenance) might be too powerful for the girl to deny him raw sex. Because she depends on him.

Therefore, emphasis should be on empowering women to be more independent. Shikena.

3 Likes

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by UyiIredia(m): 12:53am On Jul 15, 2015
sauceny:
Op the topic should have been
[size=20pt]95% of Nigerian women once had an abortion [/size]

I been dey wish say na true you talk, if not idiat like you no for dey alive.

1 Like

Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by MarieSucre(f): 12:54am On Jul 15, 2015
AreaFada2:

My dear, much of these things have been discussed before. Women should sit down (if possible with help from NGOs) and decide what they want and what's good for them.
The average girl now knows that sex without condom can lead to pregnancy, STIs etc. They also know that a guy you're not married to can bail out. He also might not be your only sex partner. There is also emergency contraceptive (morning after pill).
Arguing won't help anyone, people who claim to fight for women should go out there and enlighten/empower women.

In a place like 9ja, the only argument I accept is that poverty affects lots of women. The guy with the economic power (pays her school fees, rent, maintenance) might be too powerful for the girl to deny him raw sex. Because she depends on him.

Therefore, emphasis should be on empowering women to be more independent. Shikena.
What you say is true. Empowerment and also a shift in the mentality of the society.
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by AreaFada2: 12:54am On Jul 15, 2015
koyyes:

At least if you become this desperate to lie, come up with more constructive points. Where are the statistics to prove this bull shiit you've just spewed? It has now become necessary for a regular visitor of brothels to use his findings in a brothel as a case study because he believes in his mind that it represents women of all class,race and profession? Any reasonable being who reads this will clearly see how subjective and unprofessional you are. Shame.

Please point out the lies here. What exactly are the lies? Brothels? Have you ever seen me in your brothel before?

Well, if you lie, I don't. What is unprofessional about it? Please clarify. Just talking without anything concrete is not enough? Unprofessional according to which standards or professional body regulations? Angry Women Council's regulations? cheesy grin

Maybe your society makes telling lies rewarding. I left 9ja as a teenagers. I had long years of studies, regulated by the strictest code of conduct there is. Even small lies can get you struck off, 10 to 15 years of education & training down the drain.

I don't know why you believe one can can just tell lies like that. Maybe that's normal where you are.
Re: Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 15, 2015
koyyes:

No, i don't hate black men. I hate men who possess the 'negro' mentality. There is a very thin line between the two. Even an im#becile knows that so where does that put your likes? I' m not the iiidiot who of all the options available, chose to have 'sonofananimal' as my moniker and keeps typing and ranting about his mother in block letters. Who needs the psychiatric help now? swerve!!
grin grin

I SWEAR PSYCHIATRIC NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi / Nigerian Final Year Pharmacy Student Dies In India (pics) / Asthmatic Patient Killed By Refuse At Douglas Road Owerri - Facebook User (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.