Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan (2168 Views)

PDP: Niger Delta Avengers Destroying Our Economy / ‘biafra Agitation Aimed At Destroying Buhari’s Administration’ -shehu Sani / Amaechi Screening: Questions Asked By APC Senators Aimed At Riducling The PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Rilwayne001: 8:09am On Jul 15, 2015
Disturbed by the ceaseless killings of innocent
people by the Islamist group, Boko Haram, the
leader of the Muslims in Nigeria, Alhaji Sa’ad
Abubakar III, has said that the group is simply
out to destroy Islam in the country.

Sa’ad Abubakar III who is also the Sultan of
Sokoto and president general, Nigeria Supreme
Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) also urged
Nigerians to complement government’s efforts
towards ending the menace of the insurgents.

Speaking on Monday night when he hosted
members of the Nigeria Union of Journalists
(NUJ), Sokoto State chapter at a Ramadan
dinner, the Sultan urged elected leaders to act
speedily towards ending the activities of Boko
Haram.

‘“The Boko Haram people, their ideology as well
as their activities are not Islamic in any way and
they are not aimed at strengthening Islam, but
rather to destroy it. We as Islamic leaders must,
therefore, condole with the families of all those
who are victims of Boko Haram’s senseless
activities. We are also consoling Nigerians over
the senseless killings of innocent people in the
past one week in Kano, Borno, Yobe, Plateau
and Zaria, among others. And I am calling on all
our elected leaders to urgently do something
about this menace so that Nigerians can go back
to their normal lives in a country which is free”,
the Sultan said.

Refuting the claim that the Boko Haram sect is
maiming, killing, looting and kidnapping for the
sake of Islam, the leader of Muslims in Nigeria
said they are rather against the religion of Islam
since it means peace.

“Islam means peace and the actions of the
insurgents are against Islam. Therefore, we the
leaders feel pains and have concerns that the
group is going against the religion”, he said.

While advising the insurgents to have a rethink
and comprehend the true meaning of Islam, the
Sultan said they should understand that there is
no compulsion in religion, adding that nobody
can Islamise Nigerians.

The Sultan pledged to continue to work towards
the sustenance of religious harmony in Nigeria,
even as he urged adherents of the two major
religions in Nigeria, Christianity and Islam, to
maintain religious harmony at all times.

While commending Nigerians for the peaceful
2015 general elections, Sultan Abubakar said
only prayers and the people’s support can help
elected leaders to succeed.

“Nigerians have voted their leaders and now it is
time to support President Muhammadu Buhari
and all the leaders to enable them move Nigeria
forward. The change Nigerians had yearned for
has now come and the work to actually realise
that change is yet to begin.
http://leadership.ng/news/447166/boko-haram-aimed-at-destroying-islam-sultan

lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by INTROVERT(f): 8:09am On Jul 15, 2015
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 15, 2015
today the war is between me and introvert heheh
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 15, 2015
Introvert Will Always Win You Dude
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by doublewisdom: 8:16am On Jul 15, 2015
Al Qaeda and ISIS too. Akuko!
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Rilwayne001: 8:16am On Jul 15, 2015
kingsolex:
today the war is between me and introvert heheh
elijah2u:
Introvert Will Always Win You Dude

Face topic undecided

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by temitemi1(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2015
Al Qeada,ISIS, ashabab, boko haram, etc all these monsters in the name of 'religion of peace'...
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Rilwayne001: 8:17am On Jul 15, 2015
doublewisdom:
Al Qaeda and ISIS too.
YES
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 15, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Face topic undecided
huh! So
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by EastLebanon(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2015
I thought they are following the footsteps of prophet mohammed
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Rilwayne001: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2015
INTROVERT:
https://www.nairaland.com/2446658/islamic-miseducation-cause-islamic-terrorism

the Sultan of Sokoto and president general, Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) also urged Nigerians to complement government’s efforts towards ending the menace of the insurgents.
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Rilwayne001: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2015
EastLebanon:

No, they are not.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Pavore9: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2015
But the Muslim leadership ignored Boko Haram at its infancy, now they have grown to become uncontrollable! If they had boldly countered them at the beginning, the bloodshed wound have been avoided! angry
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2015
BH shouldn't be affiliated to any religion,they should be treated as criminal organisation,who's aim is to destroy Nigeria.

Be it Christianity,Muslim,or traditional,we must all rise against this vampire group.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by vedaxcool(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2015
Unfortunately my sultan, amirul muslimoon, some people hinge the validity of their beliefs by promoting the many evils of bh while at the same time legitimizing them as spokesmen of Islam thereby minimizing the many voice of those who speak genuinely against bh andIslam the ummah. We condemned BH they said we said nothing, BH murdered our brothers they say it is nothing, BH attacks a church they say when will they attack a mosque? These people are like the coward branch of BH they use their mouths to wage BHs battle when their liver fails to take them to the battle field.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by vedaxcool(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2015
EastLebanon:

The same way reverend king followed Jesus's footsteps? We should guide our talk with wisdom not syphilitic malice.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 15, 2015
Boko harams are aimed at destroying muslim?
Hahaha.
Who do they think they can deceived into believing that they aren't in link with boko?
Those mosques bombing and killing of muslims are mere guise to convince gullible people of not being related to the current disaster in the country.
Buhari is a terrorist happily piloting the affairs of his paranoid boys (boko harams).

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by FYB(m): 8:34am On Jul 15, 2015
until the northern traditional rulers get directly involved in the fight against terrorism.....we'll continue to hear sad news.
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Dollyak(f): 8:36am On Jul 15, 2015
FYB:
until the northern traditional rulers get directly involved in the fight against terrorism.....we'll continue to hear sad news.
Pretty much
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by muhyeenisce(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2015
Al-islam =peace....
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Islam was destined on a self destruction path.
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2015
muhyeenisce:
Al-islam =peace....
Islamism can be defined as the pursuit of war and the unending thirst for blood!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by joseph1832(m): 8:50am On Jul 15, 2015
Finally, the turban wearing leader speaks. Thank goodness he didn't re affirm his zeal for Boko Haram to be given amnesty.

However, I am concerned this man seemed more concerned that Boko Haram is tainting the religion Islam, rather them him feeling concerned that Boko Haram is killing innocent Nigerians.

I guess his religion mean more to him than the lives of his fellow country men.

Karl Marx is truly a genius "religion is the opiate of the masses".
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by muhyeenisce(m): 8:51am On Jul 15, 2015
Dnarvaez:

Islamism can be defined as the pursuit of war and the unending thirst for blood!
hMmmmm that's what ur li2 brain can offer....

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Rilwayne001: 8:54am On Jul 15, 2015
joseph1832:
Finally, the turban wearing leader speaks. Thank goodness he didn't re affirm his zeal for Boko Haram to be given amnesty.

However, I am concerned this man seemed more concerned that Boko Haram is tainting the religion Islam, rather them him feeling concerned that Boko Haram is killing innocent Nigerians.

I guess his religion mean more to him than the lives of his fellow country men.

Karl Marx is truly a genius "religion is the opiate of the masses".

Perhaps you missed the below part too:
the Sultan of Sokoto and president general, Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) also [b] urged Nigerians to complement government’s efforts towards ending the menace of the insurgents.
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 15, 2015
muhyeenisce:
hMmmmm that's what ur li2 brain can offer....
And your brain housing an enormous pile of cow dung, what has it offered?
Retardéd fvckwit!
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by joseph1832(m): 9:03am On Jul 15, 2015
Rilwayne001:

[b] Perhaps you missed the below part too:
What does that part mean? I would rather he start by condemning BH and openly visits victims of BH and show his support by sharing and giving aids, rather than sit in his palace and feel aggrieved that the name of his religion is being tainted!.

Besides, what does Nigerians complementing government effort have to do with him outrightly and vociferously criticizing BH?.

Like I said earlier, The Sultan of Sokoto feels more concerned that BH is tainting the name of Islam.
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by dayo23(f): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2015
Okay we don hear
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by truthlegend(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2015
this is why boko haram has not finished...until you accept something as a problem you won't make efforts to effect change.the sultan should have said they are bad eggs in Islam indoctrinating the boys just as they are bad eggs in all religion,this his assertion will make dem not to look within to help fish out the bad teachers and sponsors

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by rozayx5(m): 9:06am On Jul 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

bh was designed to bring down gej

objective achieved

now its no more controllable for the current govt
Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Rilwayne001: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

And christianity?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Aimed At Destroying Islam – Sultan by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2015
rozayx5:

bh was designed to bring down gej

objective achieved

now its no more controllable for the current govt

I want BH to succeed.

Let them overrun the entire useless north and middle belt.

Let me see who will then come and fight for one useless Nijerya.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki / India Refused To Include Buhari's Speech On Its Summit Website / Med-view Begins Flight On London - Lagos Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.