Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (76069 Views)

Compel Osinbajo-led FEC To Declare Buhari Unfit, Court Told / Senate Gives Osinbajo 3 Conditions To Accept Magu / It's Wrong For Mikel, Siasia To Accept $390,000 Gift - Senator Ogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by scentmarlc(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
Dragonking:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/us-we-ll-compel-nigeria-to-accept-same-sex-marriage/214603/

@op abeg tell buharii not to go for that meeting, bikkooo.grincheesy

Meanwhile , have you guyz gone through N.A.I.R.A Awareness thread? Here you have it:
www.nairaland.com/2447625/n-r-awards-2015-awareness
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Kingspin(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:
The first time i saw two men kissing was in London, specifically at the St James's Park on a cool summer day many years ago. I still remember the shock and revulsion i felt.

I stood transfixed, staring at them for about 5 Minutes and was just turning my head around like AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING this,and then it hit me, i was no longer in Africa and even if i had been living in the US, i was yet to see two men kiss. It was a cultural shock for me to see two men make out.

I hated gays.

Then one day in Church, at a bible study. Somebody asked the pastor that if the Church preaches a lot of things about repentance and acceptance,why then do they still find it hard to accept gays?the pastor's reply was an eye opener.

And then it hit me. Why do i exactly hate gays?they don't bother me, they sleep with each other,they marry each other,they pay their own bills,i don't even know them.

As i grow older, i have learned to be very tolerant of others. I have also learned to mind my business with how others handle their lives, that is why i do not judge married women/men when they cheat in their marriages, i am not in their marriage so don't know what lead to the infidelity.

While i do have my personal reservation about the gay thing, i have come to accept the fact that my feelings will not stop people from being gays, or stop them from loving each other. i have also come to accept the fact that no matter what, there will be others that will have sexual orientation that is different from mine.

In Nigeria, there have been instances where men have been caught making love to goats and chickens. Nairaland even carried some of those pictures.

So what am i saying?people should let other people live their lives the way they deem it fit. what you cannot correct, leave alone.

I understand you well. But, do we approve man-goat same sex marriage tomorrow because they have the right too? We know they exist (Gay) but giving them constitutional backing is most unwise thing to do, no matter how you view it. If it so, then we can as well give power to murderer, arm robbers and legalize suicide etc. Since they all have their right . Imagine US, imposing and trying to enforce it to others countries. I blame our lazy leaders who are not ready to work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ayindejimmy(m): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
We Africans are just being hypocritical. Most of us fornicate, practice adultery some even worship the devil here.

From the American govt perspective: a govt who's principle is based on equal human right. You have to understand that they can't afford to be religious. They're saddled with the task of balancing their policies. You can't save people destined for destruction. The govt shouldn't tell them what to do. Once they 've made their choice, they ought to know the eventual consequences.
It's not as if these people don't read the Bible.
This should be a wake up call for Africans to abolished all sins altogether. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by otiigba1(m): 3:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
Never say never, am sure some Americans must have thought that it will never happen in america undecided

Now let the bashing begin grin

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by mistabb(m): 3:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
We dnt any country nor any president all wot we need in NIGERIA is to cry unto GOD for MERCY......hummm all wot we need is GOD INTERVETSION.God should arise for dis nationWe dnt any country nor any president all wot we need in NIGERIA is to cry unto GOD for MERCY......hummm all wot we need is GOD INTERVETSION.God should arise for dis nationWe dnt any country nor any president all wot we need in NIGERIA is to cry unto GOD for MERCY......hummm all wot we need is GOD INTERVETSION.God should arise for dis nation
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by CriticalThought: 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
When Nigerian activists where fighting Northern leaders concerning age of marriage, we did not hear from the US. Now they want to come and talk about gay marriage, If they plan to talk about it, we should also press them on police brutality and racism towards blacks in their country.

On the issue of gay marriage, one only needs to look at the Nigerian society to know that we don't accept it. Legalizing it would mean the Nigerian FG is ok with gay divorce, gay marriage, gay kissing in public, gay bf and bf in secondary school amongst other things and every citizen should be ok with it. Brethren Nigeria is on the brink of collapse and gay marriage is the priority? Where do we draw the line. Should we now accept bestiality, afterall they can do whatever they want, do we want to now raise children in a woman/woman or man/man household? Have we considered the effect it will have on our society.

If you look at the biology and anatomy of humans, you will see that it is supposed to be man/woman, if you look at all the religions, you will see that it is man/woman

As for those that are gay, I wish you the very best and I want you to prosper, If you are reading this, just remember its because you have a father and a mother.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by rhames(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
Dragonking:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/us-we-ll-compel-nigeria-to-accept-same-sex-marriage/214603/

Will forcing or coercing this country to accept what is against its religious and cultural ethics make its economy better or make it become a slave of the US and its western allies? If Bab Buhari wants to succeed, he should keep them at bay.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by walexnaira: 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hope the US will remember that Nigeria the great country is an independent nation!
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by VULCAN(m): 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
@aaronson. It is you that is displaying ignorance for all to behold. Same Sex legislation ALWAYS carries penalties against straight people who refuse to provide services to gays.

Pastors are being arrested for refusing to wed gays. Bakers are being fined heavily for refusing to bake cake for gay wedding. That is manifestation of official intolerance.

Freedom of speech, association and religion is being destroyed by gay rights groups world over. In US if your an actor and you say you don't like Homosexuality, your career is over. That is not right.

If they have a right to exist, we that detest it have a right to air our own views. That is only fair.

After Islamic fundamentalists, gay rights campaigners are the most intolerant group in the world. If you don't agree with them you must be hounded out of your job or your business.

The silly guy who posted earlier about live and let live is sympathetic to them. Most likely he has a loved one who is gay but he doesn't wanna tell us.

aaronson:
I see ignorance everywhere......
Even if same sex marriage law is enacted in Nigerian,question is Will you as an individual be forced to be gay?
THINK intellectually and don't let religion or culture affect your thinking.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by pansophist(m): 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
0monnak0da:

There probably is a good logical argument in support of homosexuality but your logic here is weak .We should leave alone that which we cannot correct so if men choose to have sex with goats and hens we should leave them alone.If men choose to mate with their daughter and women with their sons we should leave them alone.If they choose to do it in the bus stop we should leave them alone. Rather lame if you ask me. The ultimate responsibility of every society is to ensure its survival for generations and that is why society makes laws even making immunisation compulsory. There is such a thing as public health and so if people sleep with goats society has a right to intervene if society believes this could pose a risk to society. I am not HERE taking any stand on the Gay issue. But no doubt for generations many societies have believed it threatens their survival .That may or may not be true but to say any behaviour that cannot be corrected should be ignored is upside down logic. We do not ignore stealing, and other instances of public nuisance by saying they cannot be corrected.
It is called show your working. One must back up assertions with arguments based on logic and not weak watery substitutes for logic

All the examples you mentioned as a defence to your post are flawed as well, and can be simply summarized as a specious attempt. All the points you made has at least one casualty to the defenseless partaker (animals, criminal victims, incestt etc) hence, its illegal in most part. Can you name any casualties caused solely by homosexualism on any of the consenting adult and the society as a whole?

If past generations believed it threatens their survival, doesnt mean it actually does, it might be due to ignorance or fear of the unknown. Its one of those relics from previous generation being scared of what they knew nothing off.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by otiigba1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
If i may ask? Were did marriage originated from? And if its from the bible/christian religion, like so called christians believe why was Jesus Christ not married? undecided

Just wondering and an answer will be educative too sad

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Ayiose(m): 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:
The first time i saw two men kissing was in London, specifically at the St James's Park on a cool summer day many years ago. I still remember the shock and revulsion i felt.

I stood transfixed, staring at them for about 5 Minutes and was just turning my head around like AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING this,and then it hit me, i was no longer in Africa and even if i had been living in the US, i was yet to see two men kiss. It was a cultural shock for me to see two men make out.

I hated gays.

Then one day in Church, at a bible study. Somebody asked the pastor that if the Church preaches a lot of things about repentance and acceptance,why then do they still find it hard to accept gays?the pastor's reply was an eye opener.

And then it hit me. Why do i exactly hate gays?they don't bother me, they sleep with each other,they marry each other,they pay their own bills,i don't even know them.

As i grow older, i have learned to be very tolerant of others. I have also learned to mind my business with how others handle their lives, that is why i do not judge married women/men when they cheat in their marriages, i am not in their marriage so don't know what lead to the infidelity.

While i do have my personal reservation about the gay thing, i have come to accept the fact that my feelings will not stop people from being gays, or stop them from loving each other. i have also come to accept the fact that no matter what, there will be others that will have sexual orientation that is different from mine.

In Nigeria, there have been instances where men have been caught making love to goats and chickens. Nairaland even carried some of those pictures.

So what am i saying?people should let other people live their lives the way they deem it fit. what you cannot correct, leave alone.
Friend what are u saying in essence? Wherever u see perversion
, if u cannot preach REPENTANCE don't preach ACCEPTANCE.

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Idrismusty97(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ask Nigerians why they hate gays and they will bring out some silly scriptures from some storybook brought to them by the same West. America love gays so much and they haven't pressure Saudi Arabia their long time Friend and ally to reverse their Anti gay law? Can anyone tell me one benefit.... Just one benefit of the gay law to America?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by otiigba1(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
pansophist:

All the examples you mentioned as a defence to your post are flawed as well, and can be simply summaraized as a specious attempt. All the points you made has at least one casualty to the defenseless partaker (animals, criminal victims, incestt etc) hence, its illegal in most part. Can you name any casualties caused solely by homosexualism on any of the consenting adult and the society as a whole?

If generations believed it threatens their survival, doesnt mean it actually does, it might be due to ignorance or fear of the unknown.
Absolutely! I am for live and let live, besides am sure some Americans must have thought or said that it will never happen in America
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ephi123(f): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
VULCAN:
@aaronson. It is you that is displaying ignorance for all to behold. Same Sex legislation ALWAYS carries penalties against straight people who refuse to provide services to gays.

Pastors are being arrested for refusing to wed gays. Bakers are being fined heavily for refusing to bake cake for gay wedding. That is manifestation of official intolerance.

Freedom of speech, association and religion is being destroyed by gay rights groups world over. In US if your an actor and you say you don't like Homosexuality, your career is over. That is not right.

If they have a right to exist, we that detest it have a right to air our own views. That is only fair.

After Islamic fundamentalists, gay rights campaigners are the most intolerant group in the world. If you don't agree with them you must be hounded out of your job or your business.

The silly guy who posted earlier about live and let live is sympathetic to them. Most likely he has a loved one who is gay but he doesn't wanna tell us.

So very true. I remember the case of a Christian couple in the UK who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple; they were actually fined.

US should please paddle their canoe abeg, it is NOT by force. We refuse to let our culture integrate this kind of anomaly biko.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ephi123(f): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
By the way, US can't try half of this crap with countries like Russia & China. They should go and look for their mates to "compel" rather than facing African nations.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by emmydollars4life(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
Stelvin101:
False news, sometimes I wonder if all this our News Media have brain. where were they when our Senates are passing child abuse laws just to suit themselves, non of these Stwpid media said a word. just cause PMB is traveling to US for international dialogue with US on trade, Boko Haram issue and business. they want to use this as an advantage and broadcast rubbish. Africa hasn't lost her value unlike Europe and America, so anybody thinking PMB of all people who is even a Muslim for that matter who will never think of giving even a listening ear to the democrats in US government who voted for gay, that person should think well again and mind you America parliament decided on it and not President Obama himself, just like how our National house of Assembly debated on 21yrs for a female child to be able to have sex, Ex President GEJ a.k.a Mr Clueless had nothing to do with it.

have you make research before you concluded in writing rubbish, in every rumor, there is atom of truth, America have not done anything without interest, the same America turn back on us during the time of ebola, the same America didn't sale weapons to us during the time GEJ wanted to combat BK boys all because he reject same sex marriage and slam strict law on it. and you are here writing out of point because you want to politicize the write up.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ekefre4(m): 4:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
pansophist:

And the anal sex you have with your girlfriend doesnt leak her ass? grin grin

If society makes it normal, kids wont be scared seeing two men kissing. Just like seeing women wearing bikini is highly prohibited in Saudi Arabia.
Ok pointof correction I dnt do anal and I nw conclude u r gay 4 thinking sam sex relationship shld b normalised in d societ,like seriously?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Marriott1980(m): 4:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Some people like killing for fun. If one of them comes and kills your family members, should we let him go simply because it's what he/she likes? Your argument is wrong.
The fact that you like/do something different from the norm does not make it okay. The fact that you have freedom of choice does not mean you have the right to do abnormal things.

Preference abi? Some people also like sleeping with goats and some people like torturing children. See how flawed your argument is?

We talking about same sex marriage you talking about someone liking killing for fun. How does that relate to each other. When has being gay become a crime that you compare it to having sex with kids which is clearly a crime anywhere in the world. I think you need to remove the cover of ignorance from your face and make reasonable comparison. Thank you

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by wordychap: 4:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Ayiose(m): 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

Friend what are u saying in essence? Wherever u see perversion, if u cannot preach REPENTANCE don't preach ACCEPTANCE.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by pansophist(m): 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
ekefre4:
Ok pointof correction I dnt do anal and I nw conclude u r gay 4 thinking sam sex relationship shld b normalised in d societ,like seriously?

Lol. your conclusion doesnt matter to me. Its a faceless forum remember grin

Believe it or not. I am straight, defending homos doenst make me gay,

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by codephela(m): 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
Arrant nonsense !!!...na better craze wia don sour dey worry that soul-less obama and him perveted cohorts from USA...they might have sold their nation to d devil himself and even rejected change but not NIGERIA,,we'v got firm moral code here in naija and we are no push over's so let him go and compel Russia and Iraq first..Awon oloshi!,,shior!!!

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Horlufemi(m): 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

My anger is that they can do what ever they like to do but they should do it secretly and stop making a bad habit the norm. Quote me peadophiles will soon want right too. People will want the right to marry more than one wife. Serial killers will want the right to kill. Terrorist will want the right to kill also.

Its an unnatural habit I don't hate it. You only have the right to be gay. You don't have the right to marry same sex. Hope you feel my point.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by no2fuks(m): 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
Do you verify from animals before killing them to eat?
A married man or woman can be having affair with a ''consenting adult'' does that make it right?

Two consenting adults homos always use to defend themselves does not make sense.

animals are meant to be ate so they like it because they are fulfilling gods work.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
Marriott1980:

We talking about same sex marriage you talking about someone liking killing for fun. How does that relate to each other. When has being gay become a crime that you compare it to having sex with kids which is clearly a crime anywhere in the world. I think you need to remove the cover of ignorance from your face and make reasonable comparison. Thank you

Why is polygamy a crime in US? Is it not human right? How does it affect US? Learn to call a spade a spade.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by emperorchedda(m): 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
Joavid:

So, after reading your epistle, I don't see what it has to do with topic??

Or perhaps you mean , countries should let other countries make their laws the way they deem fit and leave alone?
In order words, America should mind their business
So the gays in Nigeria aren't humans that have their rights huh??

America don't care what Nigeria's culture or whatever are they only care about letting humans like you exercise their rights. They didn't force anyone to be gay
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by InvertedHammer: 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
/
US cannot compel Americans to accept same-sex marriages. Some states are vehemently opposed to it.

Nigeria does not stand for anything. Nigeria is like a beautiful woman with low self-esteem that opens her legs for every Tom thinking that lust is love. Nigeria is a beggar nation. As such, she has to dance to the dictates of her lenders and donors. Like Americans say, "there is no such thing as a free lunch"
\
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Iwonimi(m): 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
Almighty Allah won't let such meeting to hold. To hell with US and deir envoy
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ceeceeuwa: 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

Can we assume it is the hunger that has led to the above comment?
Ok!lets leave armed robbers and thieves alone since we dnt know what led them iinto crime...like seriously shocked
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Fourwinds: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
US should prepare for trouble. Dey should face their shameless laws
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by emperorchedda(m): 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
Kingspin:
I understand you well. But, do we approve man-goat same sex marriage tomorrow because they have the right too? We know they exist (Gay) but giving them constitutional backing is most unwise thing to do, no matter how you view it. If it so, then we can as well give power to murderer, arm robbers and legalize suicide etc. Since they all have their right . Imagine US, imposing and trying to enforce it to others countries. I blame our lazy leaders who are not ready to work.
Murder: this is forcefully taking ones life. Armed robbery and others also involve forcefully taking ones property without their permission but homosexuality is a consensual decisions by adults to have sexual knowledge of themselves, no one was forced, no one is doing it against their will.

I wonder how this is biting you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Nana Akufo-Addo Statue By Rochas Okorocha In Imo. Nigerians React (Photo) / Akemokue Lukman Funny Resignation Letter From An APC Ward Chairman In Edo / Judges Order Peter Obi’s Legal Team To Go Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.