Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family (2925 Views)

Is Your Birthday The Day You Were Really Born ? It Usually Is Not / 10 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Have Ever Used A Public Toilet / 26 Things Couples Are Advised To Stop In Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Pukka36(f): 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
RobinHez:
Ok...I dey here dey wait u cheesy
Check up my friend cool
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
23. If your entire full name is being called, and your native language is also being spoken, the day shall not pass without tears.

on a very good day my dad calls me princess, but whenever he calls my full name.... I guess I'm in soup that day cry
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by RobinHez(m): 10:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
Pukka36:
I used that number 9 to my favourcheesy,I hardly cry,so when I do my Mum will just believe that am innocentgrin

Number 10 is so annoyingundecided:...My Elder brother's handiworkcheesy

23lipsrsealed!My Fathercheesy cool
Hahahaha...NO10 just happened now!
Dad just called me to the parlour to close the curtain he's sitting beside cheesy

NO23? Hmmm...dat wan no dey funny o, u'd just wish dat day never came. smiley
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Pukka36(f): 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
RobinHez:

Hahahaha...NO10 just happened now!
Dad just called me to the parlour to close the curtain he's sitting beside cheesy

NO23? Hmmm...dat wan no dey funny o, u'd just wish dat day never came. smiley
grin! U can't help but love Ur parentscheesy
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by RobinHez(m): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
Pukka36:
grin! U can't help but love Ur parentscheesy
Loool...bet its annoying sha smiley
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Pukka36(f): 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
RobinHez:
Loool...bet its annoying sha smiley
Tht's Y number 26 is there cool
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by RobinHez(m): 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
Pukka36:
Tht's Y number 26 is there cool
Yeah yeah...I wish it so!
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by vareal(m): 11:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
U ar a gud guy/gal wen u do thins wit same sex
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by dominique(f): 11:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
Number 8 is so on point, my elder sister used to get punished for the crimes we committed. Sucks to be a first born tongue
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by snowhyt(f): 8:34am On Jul 17, 2015
lol, very true talk. cheesy
no. 24. we always had soft drinks in the fridge but you dare not touch them cause according to mum "the bottles are counted" and if one should get missing we (the kids) are all gonna smell our a.ss, guilty or not, until we provide who drank it.
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 17, 2015
grin grin

My parents didn't pressurize me over my grades though . . . they were actually telling me to limit my reading so I wouldn't run mad. embarassed

Also, we've been fighting since forever because I never hesitate to counter their superstitions. grin

1 Like

Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Titidi(f): 11:38am On Jul 17, 2015
“When I talk to you and advise you, do I talk with water in my mouth?”

Please what's the meaning?
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Ragner(m): 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
Titidi:
“When I talk to you and advise you, do I talk with water in my mouth?”

Please what's the meaning?

Simply means whether you Understand
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by RobinHez(m): 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
Cc Ishilove
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Ragner(m): 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grin

My parents didn't pressurize me over my grades though . . . they were actually telling me to limit my reading so I wouldn't run mad. embarassed

Also, we've been fighting since forever because I never hesitate to counter their superstitions. grin
Really? That's a Modern Family Then
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Ragner(m): 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
snowhyt:
lol, very true talk. cheesy
no. 24. we always had soft drinks in the fridge but you dare not touch them cause according to mum "the bottles are counted" and if one should get missing we (the kids) are all gonna smell our a.ss, guilty or not, until we provide who drank it.

Even the Biscuits in the Fridge Never Gets Touched Without Permission
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by 5minsmadness: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
And these are the rules that brought us up as good decent respectful and respectable adults.

I don't regret going through any one of them smiley

#proudlyafrican
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
grin
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Ragner(m): 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
5minsmadness:
And these are the rules that brought us up as good decent respectful and respectable adults.

#proudlyafrican

Na So Joor!

1 Like

Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ragner:

Really? That's a Modern Family Then
a bit modern . . . I still got blamed for my siblings issues. embarassed
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by hahn(m): 2:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

#proudlyafrican

Same rules that are unable to equip us with what we need to build a modern society

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Titidi(f): 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ragner:

Simply means whether you Understand

Oh, thanks
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Ragner(m): 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
hahn:

Same rules that are unable to equip us with what we need to build a modern society

Man, you Have a Point. Cos after all this, Africa is Still Backwards

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by snowhyt(f): 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ragner:

Even the Biscuits in the Fridge Never Gets Touched Without Permission
lol, that's right... i used to think things like this happens only in my house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by RobinHez(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2015
hahn:

Thank u Jare angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by 5minsmadness: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2015
hahn:

It isn't the rules that are the problem. It's our environment and circumstances. I am yet to see an African who was brought up with these rules and didn't become a respectable and well adjusted member of Western society when they finally make it there.(p.s I am not referring to those who hug aeroplane tyres and make it there deliberately to engage in shady practices) Same cannot be said of those of us raised up there from onset with Western upbringing.
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by 5minsmadness: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2015
Ragner:

Man, you Have a Point. Cos after all this, Africa is Still Backwards

See my previous post.
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by 5minsmadness: 9:36am On Jul 19, 2015
RobinHez:

Thank u Jare angry
. See my penultimate post.
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by hahn(m): 10:25am On Jul 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

It isn't the rules that are the problem. It's our environment and circumstances. I am yet to see an African who was brought up with these rules and didn't become a respectable and well adjusted member of Western society when they finally make it there.(p.s I am not referring to those who hug aeroplane tyres and make it there deliberately to engage in shady practices) Same cannot be said of those of us raised up there from onset with Western upbringing.

Our rules are the basis of the outcome of our infrastructure. The rules that we have is what has given birth to what we see in our environment just as the rules abroad aiding them in building a far better society than our.

Don't you find it ironic that developed countries which seemingly lack "training" have been able to build a better society that those with "training". You have to agree that most of what we are taught or how we are raised actually aid in limiting our mental capabilities.

An average African is not reliable despite being "well trained". Consider African timing, schedule a meeting with an average Nigerian at 9am and don't be surprised to see the person by 12pm. We lack discipline, throw out pure water sachets on the streets, our leaders embezzle all our money, civil servants resume to work whenever they like, policemen don't know their jobs, NOTHING works.

Now, why is that?

But yet you can comfortably make reference to how whenever we leave here to more organised societies we are able to thrive even though most corporate organisations would rather pay way more to hire an "expatriate" in our own country while our "well trained" brothers and sisters earn N18,000 minimum wage

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by Slimzjoe(m): 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2015
Sometimes I think our Parents didn't Bring us up the Right way.... Most of the time, they don't teach us Stuffs instead the Threaten and Bully us into Accepting there Views and Beliefs
Re: 26 Things That You Usually Face In An Average African Family by 5minsmadness: 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
hahn:

Our rules are the basis of the outcome of our infrastructure. The rules that we have is what has given birth to what we see in our environment just as the rules abroad aiding them in building a far better society than our.

Don't you find it ironic that developed countries which seemingly lack "training" have been able to build a better society that those with "training". You have to agree that most of what we are taught or how we are raised actually aid in limiting our mental capabilities.

An average African is not reliable despite being "well trained". Consider African timing, schedule a meeting with an average Nigerian at 9am and don't be surprised to see the person by 12pm. We lack discipline, throw out pure water sachets on the streets, our leaders embezzle all our money, civil servants resume to work whenever they like, policemen don't know their jobs, NOTHING works.

Now, why is that?

But yet you can comfortably make reference to how whenever we leave here to more organised societies we are able to thrive even though most corporate organisations would rather pay way more to hire an "expatriate" in our own country while our "well trained" brothers and sisters earn N18,000 minimum wage

I still say the general home upbringing is alright. It's our lack of proper education that is the problem. A lot of people in this country go to school but are not really educated. Or maybe they are educated but not enlightened. You see them go through our schooling system and they come out the dumber for it. Crammers who cannot apply thier knowledge. Graduate security guards who are not happy with thier jobs. Doctors that wish they were engineers, engineers that wish they were artistes. I see where you are coming from though. It is indeed sad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Use In Common With Your Husband / Your Baby Can Be Chubby Again If You Try These Natural Combination. / Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.