Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,705 members, 7,831,211 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors (4967 Views)

Fornication And Adultery Are Sweet But... / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / "t.b Joshua's Miracle Is Fake And Unverifiable" Former Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by eghosaobas: 6:23pm On May 21, 2009
tonye-t:

this one pass prophesying
Amen somebody.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by marvisjoy: 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2009
eghosaobas:

Amen somebody.
na so i see am oooooooo
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by realpastor: 12:29pm On Jun 13, 2009
there are alot of them all over the whole place
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2009
Gbam!
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2009
I heard one saying that you will die poor if you fail to give offering to God and also tithe. I was now wandering were in the bible is it written.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by eghosaobas: 10:12am On Jul 13, 2009
segyemaro:

I heard one saying that you will die poor if you fail to give offering to God and also tithe. I was now wandering were in the bible is it written.
hmmmmmmm God dey ooooooo,we will surely survive sll these pastors.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by MrCrackles(m): 10:13am On Jul 13, 2009
segyemaro:

shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
Yes ooo
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by realpastor: 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2009
God have mercy
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2009
Realpastor,pls contribute properly not your short comments.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by timmy7(m): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2009
Ur own specialty is to make silly post abt pastors and body guards,fake pastors,pastors and billboard . Is this ur own idea of evangelism U will even resuscitate ur dead threds,biko se one yeye yemiwo pastor collect ur wife or dupe u ni? Oro e ti su mi o grin
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2009
Timmy na you get your mouth. How are you doing ur own evangelisn?
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by PastorAIO: 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2009
On the matter of focusing on material things:
19“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Matthew C:6 V:19
24“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Matt C:6 V:24

Now what lures many nigerians into the clutches of this fake preachers is anxiety (not necessarily greed). Fear of not been able to make their bill payments, their rents, the incessant running around just to remain in the same place. etc.

What is the christian message to such as these? It is a very bold claim.
[b]25“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his lifeb?

28“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33[b]But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. [/b]34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.[/b]

This is a very bold and audacious claim. That everything is alright, that it is all under control. Imagine trying to convince someone who is facing the deadline for his rent. And he has little mouths to feed and school fees to pay. To such a guy the above is simply outrageous.

"Yea though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death I will fear no Evil" - This sounds like the statement of a man who has never been near that valley otherwise he would know just what threat and nasty ghoulish things one has to fear about it. Yet Christ is saying the same thing and more. That all our burdens, our anxiety, our worries, and whatever other yokes, he is happy to bear them on his shoulders for us.

On what is this claim based? What do the writers/speaker above perceive that has missed the perception of the rest of us? If we can find that then I believe that we have found the key to the gospel.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2009
You ve spoken well pastor.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by pstbolanta: 11:51am On Jan 26, 2010
A friend of mine in two years ago was sweet mouthed to sow his one and only car to God, and this guy sowed his toyota corola car to his church while it was just 6 months to his wedding. The pastor has over 7 cars in his compound,while the lowest of car there was HONDA END OF DISCUSSION,this guy sowed his car 6 months to his wedding,even his immediate familyand friends got angry with him over this. its over 2 years now he has not replaced the car. My question now is DID GOD REALLY TOLD THE PASTOR TO COLLECT THE CAR FROM THAT MAN WITHOUT REPLACING IT WITH ANOTHER. I know God exists but i dont understand this. So we have alot of crooks and sweet mouthed pastors that can brainwashed you into cutting your head andgive them.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2010
Hmmmmm
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by PastorAIO: 2:18pm On Jan 26, 2010
pstbolanta:

A friend of mine in two years ago was sweet mouthed to sow his one and only car to God, and this guy sowed his toyota corola car to his church while it was just 6 months to his wedding. The pastor has over 7 cars in his compound,while the lowest of car there was HONDA END OF DISCUSSION,this guy sowed his car 6 months to his wedding,even his immediate familyand friends got angry with him over this. its over 2 years now he has not replaced the car. My question now is DID GOD REALLY TOLD THE PASTOR TO COLLECT THE CAR FROM THAT MAN WITHOUT REPLACING IT WITH ANOTHER. I know God exists but i dont understand this. So we have alot of crooks and sweet mouthed pastors that can brainwashed you into cutting your head andgive them.

Pastor Bola, I'm sure that Pastor Joe Moneystore(oops, Agbaje) will be able to explain whatever it is that you don't understand. If only he'll come back.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2010
I wish to hear from them too bicos this is getting serious.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2010
Is only God that can save us bicos u can hardly get a genuine pastor that will not brain wash you.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by kaybently: 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2010
sweet mothed pastors are everywhere we must be careful and test all spirit , i went for a nite vigil annoiting service last week and this pastor was asking the congregation to assist in building its camp site, he started at above 1million naira and i was amazed at the number that came out to give 1mill.(i would say mora than 300 people), people were rushing out to the alter as he pomised them prosperity and favor. and also asked them to wear his suit for the realease of power and annoiting to their lives. He continued this for about 2 hours asking for, 500,000, 100,000, till he came to hundred naira, he dididnt preach the word of God,(spent most of the time releasing annoiting and praying for breakthrough)
he didnt share the grace and he didnt ask for the lost to be saved,
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by Annunaki(m): 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2010
@kay bently
Dat pastor has his priorities right.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 7:49am On Jan 29, 2010
So what was the aim of that day's service?
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by kaybently: 6:54pm On Jan 29, 2010
it was an annoiting service but ended up as a donation/prayer session, according to him it was the holy spirit that was leading the service , it didnt make sense to me, becos i slept for a while and wen i woke up he was still asking for donation
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 2:02pm On Jan 30, 2010
Hahahaha, my brother the more u see the less you understand. All these pastors have different game plans. They get into some of us because we so much believe in them.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2010
Wont they(pastors) have members if they are truthful and sincere?
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by AbuZola3(m): 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2010
Xtrianity is all about scam
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by Recardo(m): 1:48am On Feb 10, 2010
Let Go off Religion. Face the Truth.
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by Jenna1(f): 8:15am On Feb 10, 2010
If they can get away with it, they will!! They are human after all. The ones divinely blessed don't scam people!!lol!!
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by AbuZola3(m): 4:42pm On Feb 10, 2010
But they steal cash
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by Jenna1(f): 4:47pm On Feb 10, 2010
They take more than that, let me tell ya!! shocked angry undecided
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by AbuZola3(m): 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2010
Oh my God ! Like what ?
Re: Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors by segyemaro(m): 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2010
Abuzola it seems u have alot to tell us about pastors? Go ahead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rejoice!!! We Are Not Alone In The Universe!!! / Where Did Our Forefathers Go? / Peaceful Debate 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.