Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to (37358 Views)

4-Year-Old Girl Suffers Nephrotic Syndrome In Kaduna. Photo / Four Children From The Same Parents Are Born Blind In Edo (Photos) / Crippled And Partly Blind Man In Osun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Idowuogbo(f): 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
tearoses:

Good Morning sis
Ive spoken to Olu and he has agreed to meet them at LUTH on Tuesday morning
Ok ma smiley
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 04, 2015
Good Morning All

Tomiwa was supposed to go to LUTH today but we were told that due to the length of time between the last time he was at LUTH and now, he will need a referral letter from a doctor, in order for him to be seen at LUTH.

We are trying to facilitate that and will let you know when this is acheived.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Ralphlauren(m): 10:21am On Aug 04, 2015
tearoses:
Good Morning All

Tomiwa was supposed to go to LUTH today but we were told that due to the length of time between the last time he was at LUTH and now, he will need a referral letter from a doctor, in order for him to be seen at LUTH.

Thank you

Chai. LUTH oooooooo !

will a referral letter from metroeyes suffice as that might be faster/easier to obtain since he has recently been seen by their opthamologist?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Funjosh(m): 3:01am On Aug 06, 2015
tearoses:
Good Morning All

Thank you

Madam Tearoses so what next please, what is the way forward

Hope the facilitating process is still going on
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Ligxy(f): 8:34am On Aug 06, 2015
I don't know if this will help. I saw this Airtel touching lives program on the internet and I sent a mail concerning this little boy's case. The family need all the help they can get. Others can also send more emails. The email address can be found on this website www.airteltouchinglives.com

Email address touchinglives@ng.airtel.com

2 Likes

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by ifyalways(f): 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
Tearoses, where are we ?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
Good afternooon

Thank you all for your concern

We are working on getting Tomiwa to be seen by the consultant at LUTH
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Caracta(f): 11:00am On Aug 10, 2015
Updates please.

@tearoses, sent you a PM. Please reply. Thank you.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by ifyalways(f): 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
Updates?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 1:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
Trying to get across to madam tearoses!!! Pls if u see this, kindly get to me asap, d day is almost gone oooo undecided
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by jaybee3(m): 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
Caracta:
Updates please.
@tearoses, sent you a PM. Please reply. Thank you.

ifyalways:
Updates?

olu4life:
Trying to get across to madam tearoses!!! Pls if u see this, kindly get to me asap, d day is almost gone oooo undecided

We (Myself and my contact) are working on getting the referral and close to securing one.

Y'all will be updated in due course
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 1:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee3:

We (Myself and my contact) are working on getting the referral and close to securing one.

Thank you. Just tried sendin u a PM #Urgent
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by jaybee3(m): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
olu4life:

Thank you. Just tried sendin u a PM #Urgent

Replied

@All/Tearoses

The referral is now ready

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Caracta(f): 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee3:

Ok. Thanks. The parents have been calling and madam tearoses is probably on honeymoon cheesy
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by jaybee3(m): 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
Caracta:

Ok. Thanks. The parents have been calling and madam tearoses is probably on honeymoon cheesy
9-5 honeymoon?

Ohkayyy

tongue tongue
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Ralphlauren(m): 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee3:

@All/Tearoses

The referral is now ready

thats great. God bless you bro!
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by jaybee3(m): 4:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ralphlauren:

thats great. God bless you bro!

You too bro
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
Jaybee thank you very much. God bless you
Softandmoist I cannot thank you enough too

Olu4life Thank you for all your labour of love. Softandmoist and Olu are both jumping hurdles to ensure that this letter gets to LUTH

Thank you all so much kiss kiss kiss

Madam Caracta honeymoon ke? nothing of the sort LOL. Ive been busy ni o

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 7:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
Evening everyone!!! Just got back from LUTH. Will update soon please
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Caracta(f): 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
olu4life:
Evening everyone!!! Just got back from LUTH. Will update soon please

Thank you so much.

You've been really helpful. His father said I must say a very big THANK YOU to you. I can never thank you enough for this kind gesture. Thank you so so so much. God bless you real good and may you never lack help in any form.

Thank you Olu. You are wonderful!
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
I was able to get to LUTH as early as 7.30 to try getting space for appointment. Learnt their doctors are on strike but only consultants are on ground and we have to book appointment which will be 2/3months time.
But had to contact a link who helped slotting us in at the long run. We were also lucky to be informed that the doctor who did his surgery was the one on duty today.

Finally got in to see the doctor after 4/5hrs. Also we met with the doctor who treated them at metroeyes. On examining the eyes, the conclusion from both was that the right eye is shrinking already and the muscles are already down, making it hopeless and no cure, BUT the left eye got hope.

So we were told to get a specific eyedrop for the left eye which is to be used for the next 4weeks and we are to return back for full examination.

The doctors were unable to fully examine the boy cos he was highly conscious of them opening the eyes cos of fear of eyedrops he has been using. We even had to buy sleeping drug for him, refused to sleep, lol

So that's were we stand at the moment. I believe God can do it anyways and quite positive it will be a success. Had aa great day with them. Madam tearoses understands wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
Caracta:

Thank you so much.
You've been really helpful. His father said I must say a very big THANK YOU to you. I can never thank you enough for this kind gesture. Thank you so so so much. God bless you real good and may you never lack help in any form.
Thank you Olu. You are wonderful!
Lol, dont mind him jawe. Thanks to you too for everything cheesy
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Idowuogbo(f): 8:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
Awwww...thanks Olu!! Well done! At last, there is hope. God,We thank thee!!!

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Idowuogbo(f): 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
Oh i understand too ooo... i don do small amebo. grin grin It's your birthday today right? Happy birthday!!!!!!!! Many happy returns!!!! Chop it kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Caracta(f): 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Oh i understand too ooo... i don do small amebo. grin grin It's your birthday today right? Happy birthday!!!!!!!! Many happy returns!!!! Chop it kiss kiss kiss

You get sense sha.

Olu4life, happy birthday to you. Hip! Hip! Hip! Hurrayyyyy!!!

Long life and many more fruitful years to come.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by jaybee3(m): 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
Thanks so much olu4life

How much is the eye drop and how can we ensure they use it on him?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
See my heart beat as I was reading d update.
Finally. Thank u olu.
God thank u.

One eye is okay for us.

Madam tearoses, thanks.
Caracta, u r awesome.
JB, I salute.
Thanks all.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 9:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
jaybee3:
Thanks so much olu4life

How much is the eye drop and how can we ensure they use it on him?
Thats the eyedrop we got, plus the receipt. No way we can keep up than to pray they truly use it. Will keep calling to check in on them.

Had to resize it for NL

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 9:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
Thanks so much caracta, idowuogbo…
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Caracta(f): 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
olu4life:

Thats the eyedrop we got, plus the receipt. No way we can keep up than to pray they truly use it. Will keep calling to check in on them.

Had to resize it for NL

They won't use kini? Hehehe. Baba Tomiwa won't want to try me.

Olu4life, what about the previous eyedrop from metroeyes?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by jaybee3(m): 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
olu4life:

Had to resize it for NL

Thanks ever so much Sir

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
The way this Olu "fights" on NL hain . . . .I was scared to take him up as volunteer o! My Grammer no plenty like that.
But since he was the only one available , I said no other choice grin

Lo and behold, This young man genuingly loves his neighbour
He has done far above what I even expected . . .always keen and willing.
I was even feeling guilty that I requested so much from him embarassed
I can only pray for him that God Himself will pay him back. Thats all I can say

Happy Birthday by the way wink

Madam Caracta it is well with you ma'am. Thank you too for starting all this. God bless you ma. Please help me in assisting Olu to remind the parents to ensure that they put drops in his eyes as required. I guess the other eyedrops he is using sting his eyes, hence the struggle they had today to examine him the moment the dr tried to look in his eyes. Tomiwa must have thought it was the eyedrops again Bless him.
I hope the parents dont feel sorry for him and not put the drops. You know us mums sometimes embarassed Tough love is needed, cos this is critical. I will also be calling them too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent / Four Months After Abortion No Menstruation / Cameroonian Sisters With Permanently ‘Windswept’ Legs Get Amazing Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.