Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,694 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West (28586 Views)

Gbajabiamila Emerges Reps Majority Leader / Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West / Welcome Saraki's Choice Of Majority Leader! (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by FreeGlobe(f): 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has replied a letter written by the national Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, John Oyegun, to him on June 23, 2015, directing him to appoint party nominees as principal officers.

Mr. Dogara in his reply, dated July 16, 2015, recalled his earlier claim that a court case instituted by some members on the matter, made it impossible for him to make all necessary consultation on the chairman’s letter.

Mr. Dogara also informed Mr. Oyegun the need to respect Federal Character, and enumerated the tradition of the House of Representatives regarding how Principal officers are elected.

He then proposed to the APC Chairman a list of zoning of principal offices that would best reflect the spirit of Federal character.

He stated that The North East and South West have already produced the Speaker and his deputy. He therefore, proposed that the House Leader should come from the North West (with 86 APC members) Deputy House Leader, from the North Central (with 33 APC members), while Chief Whip and Deputy Chief Whip would come from the South South and South East respectively.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186806-breaking-speaker-dogara-replies-oyegun-zones-majority-leader-to-north-west.html

10 Likes

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
SICK OF THESE HEADLINES....

YOU GUYS SHOULD LEGISLATE BIKO

Happy birthday SEUN kiss

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by FreeGlobe(f): 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
cc VirginFinder e don happen oh. I posted this specifically for you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dogara is a democrat personae, God bless that Speaker

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Richie0974: 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
.in case...

3 Likes

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by FreeGlobe(f): 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
The APC leadership are very foolish for trying to compensate Tinubu with house leader so that his puppet will cause problems for the speaker. Dogara is a better leader than the terrorist we have in aso rock

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by nerodenero: 8:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
Once humble and loyal Dogara has suddenly changed becoming vocal and bold. That is the magic power brings. I bet many APC leaders have not come to terms with this new Dogara.

Time to move on APC.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by makzeze: 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
1st to comment.

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by psucc(m): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
He is still keeping the hope alive.
That should also support the move for Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by kulikuli26: 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
I think APC should simply accept and fill this list based on respect for all zones. Insisting Gbajabiamila must be house leader leaves more to desire. Nigerians want an end to this crisis and APC should precipitating crisis to massage one man's ego.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
Yellowbar eyes no be open eyes

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by CyberWolf: 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
grin grin This one is TKO to Tinubu and his slaves

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by fkpboss: 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
That man (tinubu) still dey so?...eehya that man still dey suffer from heart attack after Buhari and my saraki broke his heart

*carried my star time remote control and switched channel to zee cinema*

15 Likes

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by joeanointing(m): 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
My speaker is alot more intelliigent than most people think.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by ayusco85(m): 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mr. Dogara also informed Mr. Oyegun the need to respect Federal Character, and enumerated the tradition of the House of Representatives regarding how Principal officers are elected.

He then proposed to the APC Chairman a list of zoning of principal offices that would best reflect the spirit of Federal character.

The key words I loved from the above two paragraphs are "Federal character"

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by admax(m): 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ayam tired of this nonsense......You guys should appoint whoever and get done with it. Mtsheww
Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by kennydee05(m): 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Yakubu calm down
Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by psychologist(m): 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Thank God he isn't reasoning like thr Daulan d

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Dindondin(m): 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Donalleh(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
Time to move on APC
Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Shaadey: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
ok

Some people be like "my speaker"like sey na dem born am

1 Like

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Timoleon(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
.How long does it take? please select me na.
Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Unsad(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
How can a ruling party be so confused is alarming

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by klem93(m): 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
who cares?
Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ko kan aye.
Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by pretydiva(f): 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
Their business, their headache..not mine
Re: Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West by Dindondin(m): 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
FreeGlobe:
The APC leadership are very foolish for trying to compensate Tinubu with house leader so that his puppet will cause problems for the speaker. Dogara is a better leader than the terrorist we have in aso rock
Receive brain

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu: Deputy Senate President Is What I Want To Be / Eyo Charles: Journalist Attacked By Fani-Kayode Speaks On Ordeal / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Bauchi [live]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.