Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor (13386 Views)

Ekiti Lawmakers Incur Fayose’s Wrath For Visiting ‘foe’ / Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth / U.S. Institute Of Peace Confirms Aisha Buhari's Visit On Its Twitter & Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by papaejima1: 10:24am On Jul 17, 2015
Foe
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by ibkgab001: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2015
Stay well
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2015
Obiwannn:
And this comment by a certain Sitanda just says it all.

The solution to Boko Haram lies within not without. Usa has not in anyway solved its own terrorism problems threatening its interests and existence around the globe.
Buhari should tour Nigeria first. He should galvanise Nigerians morally, mentally and psychologically. Address Nigerians first. Visit Emirs, Imams, ordinary folk...get them to see your vision for the country and the need to weed out the insurgents from their midst. Go after the sponsors. Cut off their supplies of men and materials
[size=18pt]Governing Nigeria at this point needs a revolutionary fervour and not the usual parambulation and ephemeral speeches and meaningless foreign trips[/size]
Let his charity begin at home

[size=18pt]
Muhammadu Buhari, where art thou
Please come and read the bolded and stop parambulating about. Neither, G7 nor AU Summit has yielded any fruit, you are embarking on another jamboree trip while the Nation burn under the onslaught of The Islamic Boko Haram.[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by Masculity(m): 10:32am On Jul 17, 2015
Baba agree with their terms and conditions in order to end this stupidity but same sex marriage mba we no want biko
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by easyelliot(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2015
Op please summarize...
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by 2sex(m): 10:37am On Jul 17, 2015
Obiwannn:

The solution to Boko Haram lies within not without. Usa has not in anyway solved its own terrorism problems threatening its interests and existence around the globe.
Buhari should tour Nigeria first. He should galvanise Nigerians morally, mentally and psychologically. Address Nigerians first. Visit Emirs, Imams, ordinary folk...get them to see your vision for the country and the need to weed out the insurgents from their midst. Go after the sponsors. Cut off their supplies of men and materials
Governing Nigeria at this poont needs a revolutionary fervour and not the usual parambulation and ephemeral speeches and meaningless foreign trips
Sincerely, this has been the problem with buhari so far. He is putting the cart before the horse. all this probe up and down should come next year and he should tackle bokoharam FIRST before anything.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by eazydon(m): 10:38am On Jul 17, 2015
Mr Buhari US does not help anybody o. They only help themselves

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by ollyruffy: 10:45am On Jul 17, 2015
The US and the western world dont care about the development of other regions of the world including africa.

They will give u 1 and collect 100 from you.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by An2elect2(f): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2015
Am waiting for the day an african leader will turn down a western invitation.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:53am On Jul 17, 2015
omojoshy:
USA don't have permanent FRIENDS or FOES

Violate the human right laws, be corrupt and embrace terrorism, you becomes their FOE. And do the opposite, see yourself as a good friend.....period! tongue

You mean like Saudi Arabia right?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:55am On Jul 17, 2015
An2elect2:
Am waiting for the day an african leader will turn down a western invitation.

Murtala Mohammed did something similar.

They had him shot.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by kaboninc(m): 10:55am On Jul 17, 2015
dearpreye:
30 - man team! Very good.

The US is never any body's friend or for. They simply pursue THEIR OWN national interest.

I've just gone through that essay.

What struck me was what happened during the Ebola virus. They had the vaccine but would not help because their own wasn't affected. You see how our own doctors rallied around to contain the spread and the role the media did play, that is the Spirit of ONE Nigeria but Nigerians won't see that way!

I tell you, most people do not know the foreign policy of the US. If there's no personal interest, they do not bother. There are lots of instances, the Iran Deal is the most recent - about their policies and even their movies display these things yet our people think the US wants our interest. We see these things and instead of sucking off the good to be used here, we judge harshly against ours. How do we grow? The US is a home to so many tribes and ethnic society but the survival of the US is paramount and the number one priority.

That's why am a die hard fan of Yar'Adua and GEJ because they called their bluff. They looked inwards to grow our country.

I hope we get to understand the move by Emefiele because they are geared towards OUR interest.

God bless us!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by grunerite: 11:02am On Jul 17, 2015
All of una wey just dey yarn trash since,...if them give una free ticket to US now,..una go sleep upside down coz of happiness,...see them wink
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by Soreza(m): 11:04am On Jul 17, 2015
IN AS MUCH I REGARD AMERICA AS NIGERIA FOE, OUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT IS THE HEAD AND TAIL OF OUR PROBLEMS
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 17, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

You mean like Saudi Arabia right?
yes ooo my guy. Saudi remain a STRONG allay of the USA come what may.

But still thinking why Israel is also a STRONG allay of America despite Israelis atrocities against the Palestinians?

International Politics....... nawa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by mayorchelsea(m): 11:09am On Jul 17, 2015
What is international relations all about?They follow more or less business principles, countries don't always run charity affairs except in cases of dire humanitarian needs.US can never help Nigeria without hoping to gain something in return. PMB would never repeal the anti-gay because it's the only undiluted tenet of Islam and Christianity(in Nigeria).
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by Nickymezor(f): 11:31am On Jul 17, 2015
In the fullness of tym we wld all knw OP.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 17, 2015
...I may not fully understand Nigeria's foreign policy tactics...but I would want to believe that no right-thinking government adopts a beggarly, condescending approach towards solving its internal issues/problems.. especially when "external" help requires a disregard for a people's cultural and economic interests/policies....for me, Obama's foreign policy can be defined as "the more you look, the less you see"...If Nigeria will truly blossom in the correct context of CHANGE, I think we should consult Asia....what we need is serious patnership with nations who will treat us fairly and not strangle our existence as a nation..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by goodlife5659(m): 11:32am On Jul 17, 2015
MarieSucre:
You talk like we have a choice. Does Nigeria really have a choice in this matter? The present negotiations going on between Iran and the West after the deadlock since 1979 should be a lesson to us. Nigeria is a giant alright but a paper giant of Africa. Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

Make ur brain usefull to u ignoramus. Are you too blind to see how beautiful Asia has improved because they depend on them selfs not united states? United is not better than Nigeria they have tons of economic and religious poo they still can't take care of but CNN wount show you that on TV just ask any Nigerian living in the US. Do you not know that united states are not the best brains in US? The best brains in US are Asians and Africans and I can safely say 30% of the best brains in US are Nigerians. Nigeria can do wonderful if they scrap out depending on United States and start depending on them selfs.

Sacasticallysacazim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 17, 2015
American govt interest in Africa is not for her progress. Mention any African country that has benefitted in u.s policy.Even the fund they say they donated didn't get to the hands of the needy.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by BraniacX(m): 11:33am On Jul 17, 2015
MarieSucre:
You talk like we have a choice. Does Nigeria really have a choice in this matter? The present negotiations going on between Iran and the West after the deadlock since 1979 should be a lesson to us. Nigeria is a giant alright but a paper giant of Africa. Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

And what do you mean by let's stop deceiving ourselves??
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by cooljude(m): 11:34am On Jul 17, 2015
omojoshy:
USA don't have permanent FRIENDS or FOES

Violate the human right laws, be corrupt and embrace terrorism, you becomes their FOE. And do the opposite, see yourself as a good friend.....period! tongue
Big lie.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by BraniacX(m): 11:40am On Jul 17, 2015
grunerite:
All of una wey just dey yarn trash since,...if them give una free ticket to US now,..una go sleep upside down coz of happiness,...see them wink

And yet when I go there them come taya for me and kick me out, na here Naija only I go fit come to

Moral of my post:

Value and treasure what you have
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by BraniacX(m): 11:43am On Jul 17, 2015
Soreza:
IN AS MUCH I REGARD AMERICA AS NIGERIA FOE, OUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT IS THE HEAD AND TAIL OF OUR PROBLEMS

Another mumu-ing mumu on the loose here

How does the US using its very long reach to unseat unfavourable governments have anything whatsoever to do with corruption of those said governments?
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by tsdarkside(m): 11:45am On Jul 17, 2015
Same sex law: Ambassador Sulieman Dahiru who had served in Brazil, Angola, the United States, Poland, Ivory Coast, Austria, Sudan and Pakistan, told Vanguard that Nigeria should make its stand known on issues such as terrorism which has become a global issue, especially as we know that the US is all out to defeat terrorism. He said, “I think with the change of government and leadership of the armed forces should bring the expected positive change.” On social issues like same sex marriage, lesbians, and gays, Buhari should listen to Obama and make it clear to him that the issue has been settled in Nigeria, no political leader will come out to support these issues. Culturally it is unacceptable, religiously is unacceptable, while no amount of pressure from outside the country will change that decision.

nigeria is unshakable in this matter......anybody that trys will be destroyed immediately...nigeria is not south-africa................

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by trueteller: 11:46am On Jul 17, 2015
Obiwannn:

Governing Nigeria at this poont needs a revolutionary fervour and not the usual parambulation and ephemeral speeches and meaningless foreign trips
The most painful aspect is that he is even travelling without the core people, the ministers. This means that Buhari brain is really the dullest. Can he explain why this rush? The US is one devilish country existing today. The thread has throughly explain all these areas that clearly show that the US is very selfish and dangerious, so why not complete the internal sections first beforce running to the US. America may support him if Buhari is ready to dance to the tune of their dance band, anything outside that, they will turn and pull down Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by BraniacX(m): 11:47am On Jul 17, 2015
dewapella:
...I may not fully understand Nigeria's foreign policy tactics...but I would want to believe that no right-thinking government adopts a beggarly, condescending approach towards solving its internal issues/problems.. especially when "external" help requires a disregard for a people's cultural and economic interests/policies....for me, Obama's foreign policy can be defined as "the more you look, the less you see"...If Nigeria will truly blossom in the correct context of CHANGE, I think we should consult Asia....what we need is serious patnership with nations who will treat us fairly and not strangle our existence as a nation..

GEJ did just that

And now he's no more

There was once a president

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by trueteller: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2015
easyelliot:
Op please summarize...
Please, try go through the entire threat. It is very rich, powerful and make sense die according to some Delta boys. create out time to read. It very educative.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by arigold1304(m): 11:52am On Jul 17, 2015
Us set fight in ur country only to tap ur resources if u agree.....US has no interest in country dt has no oil as natural resources e.g Sudan etc....BH will nt end except cabals in FG present n past stop allocating our fund to fight them....we can see is now biz as usual on like, gv us 24 our light will affect the cabals bc they award contract upon contracts to enrich themselves
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 17, 2015
U.s refused to sell weapons to Nigeria n watched boko haram collect n occupy 27 local governments in Nigeria territory.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by MarieSucre(f): 11:57am On Jul 17, 2015
goodlife5659:

Make ur brain usefull to u ignoramus. Are you too blind to see how beautiful Asia has improved because they depend on them selfs not united states? United is not better than Nigeria they have tons of economic and religious poo they still can't take care of but CNN wount show you that on TV just ask any Nigerian living in the US. Do you not know that united states are not the best brains in US? The best brains in US are Asians and Africans and I can safely say 30% of the best brains in US are Nigerians. Nigeria can do wonderful if they scrap out depending on United States and start depending on them selfs.

Sacasticallysacazim
For starting with an insult I should not even reply you.

Read up on China and how they got where they are now.
Read up on communism.
Read up on the hangings of corrupt Chinese ministers(na Nigeria wan hang politician).

All dis one na mouth. Nigeria is not ready to rise above corruption. And corruption are those holes in the canoe that will keep leaking in water causing it to be mired on one spot.

Is it America stopping us from progressing? Is it America forcing us to focus only on the oil sector? Is it America that did not allow us to build bullet trains like those in China leaving us with refurbished, clanky old scraps of refurbished metal, is it America reducing our electrical output?

We need America all we will founder. Cutting ourselves off now that Iran has brokered that deal makes the oil market way competitive is suicidal to our economy.

Finally NEVER again in your life call me an ignoramus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Is The US Our Friend Or Foe? -by Hugo Odiogor by Superman11(m): 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
mytime24:
pls any secretary ind house

2summarize angry

#toolong

Everything there says that I love you.hehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infrastructure: Buhari Not Discriminating Against Ndigbo — Hon. Ben Kalu [VIDEO] / Again, Pipeline Explodes At Alimosho / What Is Your Level Of Confidence In The Nigerian Court System? - Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.